Justin Trudeau: Wasting Our Life, Time

Canada is much more than than the son of Pierre Trudeau.

Media brainwashes us, and not in the way people usually say.   The Medium IS the Message, as per McLuhan.  As such, Television gave us the animated image and Trudeau Sr.  Historians will liken Trudeau Jr. as a kind of goodbye kiss to the medium of television, and the trumping (!) of style over substance.  In the US, they kissed goodbye to movies with a movie star, and now elected a guy who did Pizza Hut commercials for their goodbye.

And the coming leaders, the young people, will be much more like the leaders of the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s.

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

This is an idea that bothers me.

People like Justin Trudeau accomplish nothing in life; they waste my time.

Like a Kardashian, they are like a Facebook image.

======

His father? I always listened. His mother? An idiot.

So you liked Fidel Castro.

8 hours ago, August1991 said:

Canada is much more than than the son of Pierre Trudeau.

Le Canada, c'est bien plus que ce fils, avec son nom - in English: we are more than a name. 

Try son of Fidel Castro. Its not even a secret anymore. His behavior when Castro died all but blew the veil off.  His mother is bi-polar. She is not an idiot. She was untreated at the time she was with Pierre. Pierre  used her as a beard. It got him re-elected using that groovy older man young hippy chick shtick Trudeaumania crap.

Years later they trotted out the same Trudeaumania crap for Fidel Jr. The playbooks don't change if they work, you just recycle them.

If Trudeau's popularity doesn't snap back within a year the knives from within his caucus  are coming out.

No one wants to talk about it but his inside entourage have something in common with him that is barely hidden. His inner cycle have a lot of skeletons in their closets. Whether the opposition wants to draw it out and smeer with it, remains to be seen. Oh go on and look at his Finance Minister, Minister of Veteran Affairs, Treasury Board head who are his most loyal hitmen. People have dirt on all of them because of their drinking, private behavior and choice of which men's clubs they frequent. Yah ask them how many women frequent their clubs. Feminists  they call themselves. Lol.  Politics after hours in Ottawa isn't any cleaner than it is in Washington or London. There's a lot of filth beneath the surface. It stays there until it needs to be used and Justin has diddled and dallied and will go down like every sheltered elitist from the King's  court yard once they have served their purpose. There's only one Queen and Justin is not her son just another bastard. No shortage of them in Ottawa.

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Try son of Fidel Castro. Its not even a secret anymore.

:lol:  This place still gives you a laugh occasionally.

Unless the natural governing party has unnatural gestation periods, Snopes can address the falsity.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/justin-trudeau-is-fidel-castros-love-child/

On 4/12/2018 at 8:54 AM, Rue said:

So you liked Fidel Castro.

No, I didn't "like" Castro but I did read what he had to say.

I recall reading this book: https://www.amazon.com/Guerrillas-Power-Course-Cuban-Revolution/dp/0809053470

IIRC, the book quotes Che Guevara telling a meeting of factory managers that the "toothpaste hardens in the tube" - and then admonishes them to stop laughing.

========

rue, give it a break.

Justin Trudeau is not the son of Fidel Castro and you just make yourself ridiculous claiming that he is. Your photo links of moustaches confirm the silliness.

Edited by August1991
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 3:01 PM, Bonam said:

I'd rather take a late train than a train to the gas chamber, I guess. 

Bonam, this is called a false dichotomy. You present my choice as: 1) trains on time or 2) train to a gas chamber.

I reckon that I can live in a society where there is a third choice: trains 1) arrive/leave on time and also 2) don't take me to a gas chamber.

The legacy of both Trudeaus (and pretty much everyone else in between that inherited Communist Daddy's mess) is wasting the time and life of our grandchildren and beyond.  It is they who will inherit a crumbling country burdened with staggering debt, hostile climate to business, unworkable 600 nations within one nation structure and an immigrant population that nobody else would take.   "Just Society"?   Yeah, that's all that will be left, just society.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, Argus said:

Don't worry. Doug Ford will create that place!

Doug Ford is fat and old.

Pierre Trudeau was old and bald.

Trust me, people did not vote for Trudeau Snr or Ford because of their physical appearance.

=====

Leftists (and certainly progressives) miss the point. Even conservatives miss the point. 

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

Doug Ford is fat and old.

He's not that old for a politician - 53 years old.

The problem with Ford and Wynne is that they are both products of a PR machine and of a system that stopped caring about ideas, and about responsibility.  You can thank television for that IMO, and that's why we're about to get politicians that are a lot better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 6:59 AM, Michael Hardner said:

The problem with Ford and Wynne is that they are both products of a PR machine and of a system that stopped caring about ideas, and about responsibility. You can thank television for that IMO, and that's why we're about to get politicians that are a lot better.

Problem?

=====

I'm with Churchill: democracy is awful - unless compared to all the others.

And what is "democracy"? I reckon that it means "many ordinary people" choose a leader.

Never liked mob rule... 

Ford may prove to be inept - it remains to be seen. But in Ontario's current situation, I would rather have someone who at least has aspirations to move towards fiscal responsibility  and accountability, if not a balanced budget.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 8:35 AM, Argus said:

Don't worry. Doug Ford will create that place!

Geez, you are slow. Wynne has already beaten Ford for the job of f'n up everything. How else can Ford ever compete with the likes of her?  

On 5/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, Centerpiece said:

Ford may prove to be inept - it remains to be seen. But in Ontario's current situation, I would rather have someone who at least has aspirations to move towards fiscal responsibility  and accountability, if not a balanced budget.

Of course it remains to be seen, but Ford may prove to be the man that Ontario taxpayer's have been waiting for. Can anyone be worse than that woman who allows herself to be seated in the back of a Muslim mosque? Shut up, woman. How could a pro-feminist lesbian allow herself to be made a fool of right here in Ontario and Canada? I hope that Ford won't bow down to that archaic and backwards so-called religion called Islam. It is hoped that all the wasteful spending will come to an end and a balanced budget and accountability will become the norm of the day in Ontario if Ford becomes the Premier of Ontario. His brother was treated like chit by the liberal left wing lying media and Ford will be getting the same chit treatment applied to him also by that useless bunch of leftists liberal media bums. Those fools only want to see chaos and mayhem for Ontario not stability and democracy prevail.