Wynne offers billions and billions

1 hour ago, H10 said:

No immigrant with qualifications and speaks English is going to come to Canada in large numbers.  It just doesn't make sense for them.  We tried that already but we couldn't hit even 10% of our target for immigrants that way.  Any English speaking educated person will probably be more successful in another country than canada. Canada is not all that developed as many canadians think it is. The standard of living is not as good as other countries, and it is cold.  The only people who are dumb enough to come here in large numbers are people with poor English, refugees, and people who aren't that bright.  If our government could attract first world english speaking smart people in large numbers, they'd do it, they can't, we are not that competitive.  There is a reason why Australia and Canada have almost the same WHITE population.  Canada is behind, even other white nations.

Surely there are immigrants from Europe who can speak English or French?

As far as I know, Canada is an attractive destination for immigrants!  Yes, we trail the US - but between the two of them - this side of the continent is attracting immigrants......so I don't know where you base your opinion.

..... although Canada trails the United States as the most desirable global destination, the situation is reversed among those who are well-educated and slightly older.

In the 148-country survey, Gallup found that 41 per cent of those aged 15-24 would choose to migrate to the U.S., compared with only 27 per cent who chose Canada. But the older cohort, those 25-44, chose Canada over the U.S. 48 per cent to 40 per cent.

Among those who have completed only elementary education, the U.S. outstrips Canada by a considerable margin. But among those who have completed secondary education, Canada leads by 59 per cent to 51 per cent.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/well-educated-older-immigrants-prefer-canada-to-us-poll-finds/article562004/

It shouldn't be about numbers!  It shouldn't be about colors, either!   There's nothing wrong with  white people, as long as they also meet the criteria!

What's the point of getting immigrants if you're getting people who'll be relying on welfare most, if not all of the time?   That's what doesn't make any sense! 

Edited by betsy

Canada has another problem, and it is not new...."brain drain" to the U.S. and other nations.

Canadian citizens and immigrants will always be lured away by higher pay and greater opportunities "south of the border".

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/technology/article-canada-facing-brain-drain-as-young-tech-talent-leaves-for-silicon/

Escaping from Kathleen Wynne's policies in Ontario is another bonus.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

8 hours ago, betsy said:

Surely there are immigrants from Europe who can speak English or French?

Of course, that isn't the problem, the problem is the immigrants from Europe who speak English or French tend to be either immigrants themsleves from Africa/Arabia/Asia and won't suit your racial liking or are white people speaking 3-4 languages with substantial wealth and connections and have no interest in moving from a highly developed society where they occupy a uniquely advantageous position to a backwater like Canada. Do you understand that in a city like Oslo which would be considered small by Europe standards of 500,000 people had more subway stops than Toronto when I visited it 10 years ago?  Do you understand that despite heavy snowfall buses still come every 2-3 minutes and if a bus breaks down, another one is there as relief in 5-10 minutes?  Do you understand that even Canada's most advanced cities are at least a decade behind in infrastructure than the rest of the developed world?  The trains that Toronto brags about being not cart trains, I was riding them a decade in France before they had them in Toronto.  The idea of no tickets or tokens but prepay before ride, all existed in europe decades before.

Ultimately, I must conclude you have never travelled to another developed nation other than Canada or maybe USA.

8 hours ago, betsy said:

As far as I know, Canada is an attractive destination for immigrants!  Yes, we trail the US - but between the two of them - this side of the continent is attracting immigrants......so I don't know where you base your opinion.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/well-educated-older-immigrants-prefer-canada-to-us-poll-finds/article562004/

Attractive to who!  Attractive to third world immigrants from brown nations where the standard of living is like India where people poo in the streets or South Korea where people work themselves to death for a similar wage.  When I was in Spain, people do not even work for 3 hours of the work day but sleep from 2-5.  Essentially they have a 4-5 hour workday.  I saw the same thing in Norway, most offices are really just open from 9-2:30, people take 2.5 hour lunches between 11 and 1:30.  The concept of face time doesn't exist in many nations in the reigon of the world.  I knew several Canadians who MOVED to Norway because the standard of living is substantially higher.  You earn more money, for doing less work.

8 hours ago, betsy said:

It shouldn't be about numbers!  It shouldn't be about colors, either!   There's nothing wrong with  white people, as long as they also meet the criteria!

What's the point of getting immigrants if you're getting people who'll be relying on welfare most, if not all of the time?   That's what doesn't make any sense! 

Your entire mind on this issue is in an unrealistic place.  1.  Brown people will work harder because they come from countries with no welfare state and if you do not work you die of starvation and sleepon the street.  Its not like Canada where you can collect a welfare check.  2. White people come mostly from Europe and value a more balance of life and work.  Even in Europe/Britain they had to get Carribean immigrants to rebuild Britain because British whites refused to do the work for years, hence the current windrush generation scandal in the UK. 3. What white person under 30 do you know who wants to work on Christmas and holidays, most of the whites I know want work-life balance, they don't want to work 18 hours a day.  4.  White people do not want to immigrate to canada because Canada has a lower standard of living than most white nations.  USA, Australia are richer.  West Europe is more developed, has better transit and lower wages and more realistic wage-price levels. If you want to live within waking distance of the main streets, just a quick glance showed me that you could get a 2 bed room, 2 floor condo in the central district of london within walking distance of old street subway station for 500k pounds =750k cad.  750 cad will just buy you an average 2 bedroom downtown Toronto, not even the good parts.

What you are basically asking is peeople from white majority nations in Europe to leave a higher standard of living, to live a lower standard of living to "save" Canada from brown people.  Which will likly just cause Europe to collapse faster, then what?  Where do we get more whites from then?  Europeans are smart enough to know Canada is doomed so they are stayng away.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, H10 said:

No immigrant with qualifications and speaks English is going to come to Canada in large numbers.  It just doesn't make sense for them.  We tried that already but we couldn't hit even 10% of our target for immigrants that way.  Any English speaking educated person will probably be more successful in another country than canada. Canada is not all that developed as many canadians think it is. The standard of living is not as good as other countries, and it is cold.  The only people who are dumb enough to come here in large numbers are people with poor English, refugees, and people who aren't that bright.  If our government could attract first world english speaking smart people in large numbers, they'd do it, they can't, we are not that competitive.  There is a reason why Australia and Canada have almost the same WHITE population.  Canada is behind, even other white nations.

Trudeau loves his legal/illegal refugees and has no problem flooding this country with more of them who will not be offering much in the way of making Canada great or will be creating thousands of new jobs for Canadians. Most will no doubt end up on welfare and will be sucking our medical and social services dry. Most of the refugees are no doubt coming to Canada because of all the freebies we have to offer. How is a refugee mother with three kids in tow, and hundreds more like her is going to make Canada great? The more refugees that we keep bringing into Canada the worse off our economy will get. For a country that is suppose to be so well off why than are there millions of unemployed Canadians and along with tens of thousands of legal/illegal refugees looking for jobs? Canada is being set up to fail, not to be one of the greatest countries to live in. With a prime mistake leader like we have who can only ever keep saying that diversity is our strength will not create thousands of new jobs that are needed. It only makes a great country into a poor country and that will never make Canada a great country to live in. Canadians are just getting by thanks to all the rules and regulations and taxes that our so-called leaders have foisted on us all which only stifle growth, not create new growth. So why should Canada or Australia not be mostly white? It was founded and built up by British and European Caucasian people. Canada is behind because the only thing that our Canadian politicians seem to care about is trying to make Canada a multicultural third world country and fill it up with refugees. I do not see anything so great about that. It can only make things worse for Canada as time goes by. Even in Europe and Britain they are all starting to have problems with massive third world invasion. A recipe for racial genocide. 

1 hour ago, H10 said:

Of course, that isn't the problem, the problem is the immigrants from Europe who speak English or French tend to be either immigrants themsleves from Africa/Arabia/Asia and won't suit your racial liking or are white people speaking 3-4 languages with substantial wealth and connections and have no interest in moving from a highly developed society where they occupy a uniquely advantageous position to a backwater like Canada. Do you understand that in a city like Oslo which would be considered small by Europe standards of 500,000 people had more subway stops than Toronto when I visited it 10 years ago?  Do you understand that despite heavy snowfall buses still come every 2-3 minutes and if a bus breaks down, another one is there as relief in 5-10 minutes?  Do you understand that even Canada's most advanced cities are at least a decade behind in infrastructure than the rest of the developed world?  The trains that Toronto brags about being not cart trains, I was riding them a decade in France before they had them in Toronto.  The idea of no tickets or tokens but prepay before ride, all existed in europe decades before.

Ultimately, I must conclude you have never travelled to another developed nation other than Canada or maybe USA.

Attractive to who!  Attractive to third world immigrants from brown nations where the standard of living is like India where people poo in the streets or South Korea where people work themselves to death for a similar wage.  When I was in Spain, people do not even work for 3 hours of the work day but sleep from 2-5.  Essentially they have a 4-5 hour workday.  I saw the same thing in Norway, most offices are really just open from 9-2:30, people take 2.5 hour lunches between 11 and 1:30.  The concept of face time doesn't exist in many nations in the reigon of the world.  I knew several Canadians who MOVED to Norway because the standard of living is substantially higher.  You earn more money, for doing less work.

Your entire mind on this issue is in an unrealistic place.  1.  Brown people will work harder because they come from countries with no welfare state and if you do not work you die of starvation and sleepon the street.  Its not like Canada where you can collect a welfare check.  2. White people come mostly from Europe and value a more balance of life and work.  Even in Europe/Britain they had to get Carribean immigrants to rebuild Britain because British whites refused to do the work for years, hence the current windrush generation scandal in the UK. 3. What white person under 30 do you know who wants to work on Christmas and holidays, most of the whites I know want work-life balance, they don't want to work 18 hours a day.  4.  White people do not want to immigrate to canada because Canada has a lower standard of living than most white nations.  USA, Australia are richer.  West Europe is more developed, has better transit and lower wages and more realistic wage-price levels. If you want to live within waking distance of the main streets, just a quick glance showed me that you could get a 2 bed room, 2 floor condo in the central district of london within walking distance of old street subway station for 500k pounds =750k cad.  750 cad will just buy you an average 2 bedroom downtown Toronto, not even the good parts.

What you are basically asking is peeople from white majority nations in Europe to leave a higher standard of living, to live a lower standard of living to "save" Canada from brown people.  Which will likly just cause Europe to collapse faster, then what?  Where do we get more whites from then?  Europeans are smart enough to know Canada is doomed so they are stayng away.

You're making quite a  lot of assumption there.  As long as they meet the criteria, color shouldn't matter.

It's you who's so hanged up on colors  (white people) - I don't why it's the liberals who tend to make such a big deal about colors!  Prejudice, is prejudice.  Bigotry, is bigotry - no matter which color is being singled out!

Who cares the reason why a person will be productive - whether to support his extended family back home, or whether to be able to buy all the fancy stuff he desires -  as long as he is productive, and not an added burden who'll exploit our system!   

GTA's secret world of polygamy

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/05/24/gtas_secret_world_of_polygamy.html

At the same time, Canadian lawmakers are "perturbed" to find out that husbands can claim welfare benefits for multiple wives in Ontario. Madeleine Meilleur, Minister of Community and Social Services, responded to a report from the Canadian Society of Muslims that estimated that "several hundred" men in the Greater Toronto Area are in polygamous marriages and are receiving welfare payments for their multiple wives. Bigamy remains illegal in Canada and the rules officially bar applicants for welfare from claiming for more than one spouse.

Meilleur is quoted by the Ottawa Citizen February 9, saying, "Not knowing the law is not an excuse. They should know that in Canada there is no polygamy and that only one wife is covered."

In Britain, however, the rules directly allow claims for multiple wives, after a year long government review of the system. Ministers admit that they have no "exact record" of how many such arrangements are active in Britain or how much money the payouts will ultimately cost the government. A Muslim man with the maximum of four spouses permitted under Islamic law could receive £10,000 a year in income support alone.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/polygamy-has-arrived-britain-and-canada-pay-welfare-benefits-to-polygamist-

Anger over Centrelink benefits for multiple Muslim wives

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/anger-over-centrelink-benefits-for-multiple-muslim-wives/news-story/7dfb6e2004e5439b0b2051f91d686fad?nk=63a2717fe0e68da0dc3153394e96053e-1525375199

Edited by betsy