Trudeau government has repeatedly ignored those who warn about the risk to Canada’s national security from companies linked to China’s Communist government.

PIK

As the Trudeau government seeks closer ties with Huawei – a massive Chinese telecom/smartphone company – three former leaders in Canada’s national security agencies are expressing serious concerns about our national security:

According to the Globe & Mail, “Ward Elcock, John Adams and Richard Fadden are weighing in on the matter after the heads of the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency and the Defence Intelligence Agency recently told the U.S. Senate intelligence committee that Huawei poses a cybersecurity threat to American customers. U.S. spymasters say Huawei’s smartphones and networking equipment could be used to conduct undetected espionage, especially the next, advanced generation of 5G technology.”

Elcock was the former director of CSIS, and also served as the deputy minister of national defence, in addition to the security and intelligence deputy clerk of the Privy Council

According to the report, Elcock said “I have a pretty good idea of how signal-intelligence agencies work and the rules under which they work and their various operations and … I would not want to see Huawei equipment being incorporated into a 5G network in Canada.”

Notably, “Canada has been wary of Huawei’s operations for years, but the company’s presence here has been growing, and security experts say Ottawa has not been as aggressive as other Western countries, such as Britain, in testing Huawei’s equipment for security vulnerabilities.”

Adams once lead the Communications Security Establishment, and also warned about Huawei – particularly when it comes to 5G technology.

And yet, despite all these serious warnings about Huawei, the Globe & Mail reports that the Trudeau government is refusing to take action:

“Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told The Globe and Mail in a statement on Friday that Huawei is being monitored and does not pose a risk to Canada’s cybersecurity.”

How reassuring…

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/20/selling-canada-trudeau-government-ignoring-warnings-three-former-canadian-national-security-directors-espionage-threat-chinas-huawei-telecom-company/

This has to end.Trudeau is destroying our country.

• Like 2

Trudeau doesn't care because in his twisted world this is a good thing. The guy is an overgrown kid with a warped ideology that he believes is the only one anyone should have. His father raised him to believe that Communism and totalitarianism is desirable. Has everyone forgotten about the time Pierre Trudeau was asked if he thought Canada would be better if it were a one party state. He answered that, yes, he did think so, but didn't think the time was right for that yet. Justin is just acting on what he was taught, In his world China is a shining beacon of how a society should be.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PIK said:

As the Trudeau government seeks closer ties with Huawei – a massive Chinese telecom/smartphone company – three former leaders in Canada’s national security agencies are expressing serious concerns about our national security:

According to the Globe & Mail, “Ward Elcock, John Adams and Richard Fadden are weighing in on the matter after the heads of the CIA, FBI, National Security Agency and the Defence Intelligence Agency recently told the U.S. Senate intelligence committee that Huawei poses a cybersecurity threat to American customers. U.S. spymasters say Huawei’s smartphones and networking equipment could be used to conduct undetected espionage, especially the next, advanced generation of 5G technology.”

Elcock was the former director of CSIS, and also served as the deputy minister of national defence, in addition to the security and intelligence deputy clerk of the Privy Council

According to the report, Elcock said “I have a pretty good idea of how signal-intelligence agencies work and the rules under which they work and their various operations and … I would not want to see Huawei equipment being incorporated into a 5G network in Canada.”

Notably, “Canada has been wary of Huawei’s operations for years, but the company’s presence here has been growing, and security experts say Ottawa has not been as aggressive as other Western countries, such as Britain, in testing Huawei’s equipment for security vulnerabilities.”

Adams once lead the Communications Security Establishment, and also warned about Huawei – particularly when it comes to 5G technology.

And yet, despite all these serious warnings about Huawei, the Globe & Mail reports that the Trudeau government is refusing to take action:

“Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told The Globe and Mail in a statement on Friday that Huawei is being monitored and does not pose a risk to Canada’s cybersecurity.”

How reassuring…

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/03/20/selling-canada-trudeau-government-ignoring-warnings-three-former-canadian-national-security-directors-espionage-threat-chinas-huawei-telecom-company/

This has to end.Trudeau is destroying our country.

As more Chinese immigrate to Canada the more of a threat this could be to Canadian security. We don't know as to who is really coming here. Maybe their secret police are already here. The Chinese are buying up everything they can get their hands on in Canada. With Trudeau around he even might just sell our Canadian security departments to them. Hey, you never know, eh? Like you said this guy has to go. Between him and his old man they both pretty much have destroyed Canada. And there really is not much left to save these days. 

53 minutes ago, taxme said:

As more Chinese immigrate to Canada the more of a threat this could be to Canadian security. We don't know as to who is really coming here. Maybe their secret police are already here. The Chinese are buying up everything they can get their hands on in Canada. With Trudeau around he even might just sell our Canadian security departments to them. Hey, you never know, eh? Like you said this guy has to go. Between him and his old man they both pretty much have destroyed Canada. And there really is not much left to save these days. 

I think it be better off speaking to who from China is buying up the assets. Average Chinese person with a middle class wage? Or really wealthy people? And with wealth comes power and political influence. Because 10-ply politicians can be easily corrupted by a few bucks thrown their way.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, taxme said:

Too late. In his first year Trudeau brokered the sale of Canada's largest high tech security firm to China. It wasn't widely reported on, which is concerning in itself. This sale angered many of our allies as this firm also did quite a bit of work for them which means it had access to a lot of sensitive security related information. The sale included all intellectual property and the rights to it. Obviously our allies were not pleased. That's why when people claim that Trudeau is greatly respected by foreign leaders I have to laugh. When I get the time I'll see if I can find the article relating the particulars of this sale as I'm sure Trudeau groupies will claim it's not true.

• Like 1

Fake news! China is our friend! And they have a wonderful ancient culture! There's a lot to admire in how their dictatorship can turn things around on a dime, you know.

And besides, they donate a heaping load of cash to the Liberal Party of Canada! What's not to love!?

While little tur....TRUdeau...is simply an airhead (and I suspect pothead during his teens, otherwise how else could one account for the level of brain damage?) what is really dangerous is Goodale.  Junior and the newbies in cabinet are but puppets in the hands of the Lib old guard - that is still clinging to the traditions of their Communist Party member and idealog - Saint Pierre.

5 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Trudeau doesn't care because in his twisted world this is a good thing. The guy is an overgrown kid with a warped ideology that he believes is the only one anyone should have. His father raised him to believe that Communism and totalitarianism is desirable. Has everyone forgotten about the time Pierre Trudeau was asked if he thought Canada would be better if it were a one party state. He answered that, yes, he did think so, but didn't think the time was right for that yet. Justin is just acting on what he was taught, In his world China is a shining beacon of how a society should be.

Do you have a link or reference to this?

Trudeau government has repeatedly ignored those who warn about the risk to Canada’s national security from companies linked to China’s Communist government.

Oh please, the stupid ship carrying Canada's morals and ethics sailed away decades before Trudeau took the com.

Stephan Harper warned Canadians about trading with China while ascending to power but once he was elected to power and his Goa'uld was inserted he was no different or better than Trudeau became. Harper lined up a deal selling Canadian made weapon systems to Saudis Arabia that are used for oppressing people and Trudeau gave the deal his blessing.

In any case, Canadian voters bear more responsibility for putting Canada in harms way - these assholes didn't elect themselves after all. 

Edited by eyeball

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Oh please, the stupid ship carrying Canada's morals and ethics sailed away decades before Trudeau took the com.

Stephan Harper warned Canadians about trading with China while ascending to power but once he was elected to power and his Goa'uld was inserted he was no different or better than Trudeau became. Harper lined up a deal selling Canadian made weapon systems to Saudis Arabia that are used for oppressing people and Trudeau gave the deal his blessing.

In any case, Canadian voters bear more responsibility for putting Canada in harms way - these assholes didn't elect themselves after all. 

A good question to ask is what keeps this screwed up country going? It has to be close to running on empty by now. With all the door knobs that have been running this country, I am surprised that the Chinese have not already walked in and took over this country already. Maybe China has already taken over Canada for all I know. Maybe that explains as to why there appears to be one hell of a lot of Asians walking and driving around here in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver these days. They seem to be everywhere. In Richmond, BC one would think that they are in China.  Canadian voters haven't a clue as to what is going on in Canada and the sad part is that they appear to not give a dam either. A bunch of assholes alright. 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

A good question to ask is what keeps this screwed up country going? It has to be close to running on empty by now. With all the door knobs that have been running this country, I am surprised that the Chinese have not already walked in and took over this country already. Maybe China has already taken over Canada for all I know. Maybe that explains as to why there appears to be one hell of a lot of Asians walking and driving around here in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver these days. They seem to be everywhere. In Richmond, BC one would think that they are in China.

Associating race with governance is just plain ignorant, my grand-kids other grand-parents were a back drop for politicians who welcomed Chinese people fleeing Communist jurisdiction over Hong Kong.  Their kids are as Canadian as mine. 

Canadian voters haven't a clue as to what is going on in Canada and the sad part is that they appear to not give a dam either. A bunch of assholes alright.

Yeah but they're nothing compared to Canada's racists.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Do you have a link or reference to this?

Here you go. My paraphrasing was a bit off going from memory but in essence is correct.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/pierre-trudeaus-disastrous-record-is-finally-laid-out-for-all-to-see

While Trudeau talked about strengthening democracy, his commitment to the system varied. In 1977 he said that in certain countries and at certain times a one-party state would be preferable. “I wouldn’t be prepared to think I would be successful in arguing that for Canada at the present time, but such times might come, who knows?”

It constantly amazes me as to how the truth about Trudeau is glossed over and the myth of Trudeau is glibly accepted as gospel. Not only was this man (sorry, people) not what his fans claim, he was in many respects the opposite. It just goes to show how effective the Liberal propaganda machine really is.

If I remember to do it after work I'll see if I can find a link to the article talking about Justin Trudeau selling our largest high tech security company to China. I might not remember though, there's a big sale at Canadian Tire and I'm picking up a new set of gear wrenches, regularly selling for $400.00, on sale for $119.00. Pretty exciting stuff!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AngusThermopyle said:

If I remember to do it after work I'll see if I can find a link to the article talking about Justin Trudeau selling our largest high tech security company to China. I might not remember though, there's a big sale at Canadian Tire and I'm picking up a new set of gear wrenches, regularly selling for $400.00, on sale for $119.00. Pretty exciting stuff!

Made in China?

14 hours ago, cannuck said:

While little tur....TRUdeau...is simply an airhead (and I suspect pothead during his teens, otherwise how else could one account for the level of brain damage?) what is really dangerous is Goodale.  Junior and the newbies in cabinet are but puppets in the hands of the Lib old guard - that is still clinging to the traditions of their Communist Party member and idealog - Saint Pierre.

I alway thought goodale was a old time liberal and I had no problem with him,till now. He has sold his soul to be trudeaus front man on security.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Associating race with governance is just plain ignorant, my grand-kids other grand-parents were a back drop for politicians who welcomed Chinese people fleeing Communist jurisdiction over Hong Kong.  Their kids are as Canadian as mine. 

Yeah but they're nothing compared to Canada's racists.

You need to pay a little more attention to the Asian invasion. When Caucasian people become a minority in a Canadian city like Richmond, BC and people refuse to note the writing on the wall then they are the problem, not the Asians. Asians are the vast majority of all new immigrants immigrating to Canada. To see this all one has to do is go to a public school in Vancouver or Richmond and observe as to who is in the majority exiting school. 

There are racists in every race of people. Caucasian people are not going around and committing racist acts every day in Canada. This racist nonsense is all just bull being created by clueless liberals and their clueless MSM liberal media. Caucasians like me are not racists. We are pro-white patriotic nationalists, not racists. That is just lying liberal bs trying to shut our opinions and points of view down. The more they try the bigger we will get. When people are denied their right to their freedom of speech by the government then they will fight back.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

Made in China?

Just about everything sold in Canada is made in China. A sad fact because most of their Asian food sold in Canada has many ingredients that are dangerous and toxic to Canadians. In China health and safety inspections of food are not treated as an important thing to be worried about. China adds toxic ingredients to food that even a vulture would not eat. You don't have to believe me, as you normally do anyway, but the internet will expose all of what I said about Chinese foods to anyone interested to read and learn. 

Edited by taxme

2 hours ago, PIK said:

I alway thought goodale was a old time liberal and I had no problem with him,till now. He has sold his soul to be trudeaus front man on security.

Being fully aware of his part in jailing Andy McMechan for something that was not a crime, I move him to one notch above the very bottom of the barrel of the worst of all Canadians,  PET of course below that.

• Like 1

On 2018-03-22 at 11:51 AM, taxme said:

You need to pay a little more attention to the Asian invasion. When Caucasian people become a minority in a Canadian city like Richmond, BC and people refuse to note the writing on the wall then they are the problem, not the Asians. Asians are the vast majority of all new immigrants immigrating to Canada. To see this all one has to do is go to a public school in Vancouver or Richmond and observe as to who is in the majority exiting school. 

There are racists in every race of people. Caucasian people are not going around and committing racist acts every day in Canada. This racist nonsense is all just bull being created by clueless liberals and their clueless MSM liberal media. Caucasians like me are not racists. We are pro-white patriotic nationalists, not racists. That is just lying liberal bs trying to shut our opinions and points of view down. The more they try the bigger we will get. When people are denied their right to their freedom of speech by the government then they will fight back.    

What issue is there with having a large Asian population in Vancouver and Richmond? Canada isn't a whites only place. 

2 hours ago, herples said:

What issue is there with having a large Asian population in Vancouver and Richmond? Canada isn't a whites only place. 

As long as they integrate - none. If they fail to then Canada is looking at a possible future separatism movement in BC.

4 hours ago, herples said:

I never said that Canada was a white's only place. We have plenty of non-white races in Canada, and there is nothing wrong with that. What the problem is that Canada is bringing in far more non-whites as new immigrants than when Canada decades ago use to get it's main source of new immigrants from Britain and Europe and Australia. When 80 - 85%  of your new immigrants, and non white illegals also, are coming to Canada, and which has been happening for the past several decades now, it is not to hard to figure out that white people will become a minority in their own country within the next two decades if the present day immigration policy of more nonwhites than whites is not changed and turned around to favor of more whites than non-whites. Right now there appears to be a racist genocidal program and agenda policy going on in Canada and being pushed by the government and it is happening against the white people of Canada. I want to know that my children do have a homeland that they can call their own, and not growing up and thinking that they are just another race of people living as a minority in some the third world country somewhere. The cities of Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey and Abbotsford are starting to look more like I am living in some East Indian or Asian country, and not Canada. I believe that Montreal and Toronto is starting to have the same problem. It's all about racial survival, and the instinct to want to survive as a people. 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

As long as they integrate - none. If they fail to then Canada is looking at a possible future separatism movement in BC.

I doubt that BC'ers will ever vote for separating from Canada. Many people have tried to get a separation movement going and all have failed. Doug Christie tried for decades to wake up the people of BC but he failed. It would appear as though the majority of BC'ers still like wearing those heavy slavery chains wrapped around their ankles and keep rowing the liberal/socialist boat off to it's destruction and sinking. They love having Quebec and Ontario and Ottawa running and ruining their lives. And with so much non-white immigration going on in BC those immigrants are just glad to be here and could careless about wanting to separate from the rest of Canada. Politics and separatism is probably their last concern. BC is screwed along with the rest of the West. We are all going to go down and sink together in this liberal marxist holes in the bottom of this boat called multiculturalism. White Canadians will never get the picture. 

48 minutes ago, taxme said:

I doubt that BC'ers will ever vote for separating from Canada. 

I was talking about if BC became a strongly Asian majority province and they had not fully integrated.