The new Canadian ten dollar bill.

Well, it appears official now. Our 1st Prime Minister of Canada is about to have his portrait removed off of our Canadian ten dollar bill and to be replaced by some unknown person that no one ever heard of until the last year or so. This is just another attack on our British heritage and the promotion of more multiculturalism. This woman could have had her face put on some other coin or the twenty dollar bill. Even the $5 bill if need be. But I believe I know why her face would not be put on the five  dollar bill. Because it has the picture of Sir Wilfred Laurier(french sounding name)I must assume. 

How dare this Minister for Women's Status Patrician Hajdu, Bank of Canada Governor Steven Poloz and Finance Minister Bill Morneau dare do such a thing. Of all the people to remove off of one of our Canadian dollar bills is the picture of Canada's First Prime Minister. It would appear as though everything British has to go these days even if it means having to remove the portrait of our 1st PM. I don't know about anyone else here but this is a crime against our British identity and heritage and should have been at least challenged by the conservative party. But then again the conservative party is just as politically correct and multicultural as the others are. I am still waiting for the day when the Royal will be removed from the RCMP. Surely the Royal has to be very offensive to many other cultures out there. I can be pretty sure that the francophones have tried many times. Well, it looks like they at least got something out of it. So long Sir J.A. It's been good to know you. Now who is next? 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

This is just another attack on our British heritage and the promotion of more multiculturalism.

Canada also has a black heritage.  I haven't a clue why you mentioned multiculturalism.

It is commonplace for many Canadians to assume that the history of black Canadians is recent -- when, in fact, it is far from that. It dates back to the 1600s when Mathieu Da Costa, a free man, came to Canada as an interpreter for Samuel de Champlain's 1605 excursion. But while there is significant information and anecdotes about Champlain, there is next to nothing on Da Costa.  http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/historica-canada/black-history-is-canadian_b_14991340.html?utm_campaign=canada_dau

In the States, they're removing Andrew Jackson from the $20 and putting on Harriet Tubman. However, I must say that Tubman is well-deserving of being on the $20. Not that Jackson isn't--yes, he owned a crap-ton of slaves, but on the assets side of the ledger the man did start the process of expanding the electorate (hence the "era of Jacksonian Democracy") and is more or less the founder of the modern Democratic Party. He was also kind of a "badass" to boot. But he owned slaves, so that puts a bit on the liabilities side of the ledger.

They were going to put her on the $10 (where Alexander Hamilton is currently) but of course, the multicultural musical Hamilton came out, and the idea was scrapped. Hamilton was never a slave owner, to boot.

I agree that multiculturalism can go too far. MacDonald is your first prime minister. He should--if I got a vote on this which I don't--be on some of the money. The queen has to be on the coins, so you cannot use those.

Of course, how long we're going to be using paper money is also a matter that may affect this debate. It sounds like your present administration likes to force his views on Canadians--that's just a view from where I'm sitting, I don't have the right to vote in your elections.

22 hours ago, JamesHackerMP said:

In the States, they're removing Andrew Jackson from the $20 and putting on Harriet Tubman. However, I must say that Tubman is well-deserving of being on the $20. Not that Jackson isn't--yes, he owned a crap-ton of slaves, but on the assets side of the ledger the man did start the process of expanding the electorate (hence the "era of Jacksonian Democracy") and is more or less the founder of the modern Democratic Party. He was also kind of a "badass" to boot. But he owned slaves, so that puts a bit on the liabilities side of the ledger.

They were going to put her on the $10 (where Alexander Hamilton is currently) but of course, the multicultural musical Hamilton came out, and the idea was scrapped. Hamilton was never a slave owner, to boot.

I agree that multiculturalism can go too far. MacDonald is your first prime minister. He should--if I got a vote on this which I don't--be on some of the money. The queen has to be on the coins, so you cannot use those.

Of course, how long we're going to be using paper money is also a matter that may affect this debate. It sounds like your present administration likes to force his views on Canadians--that's just a view from where I'm sitting, I don't have the right to vote in your elections.

It's becoming more and more apparent daily that the current PM believes that his, and only his views are correct, and should be adhered to by everyone. Like it or not.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:14 PM, Tullia said:

Canada also has a black heritage.  I haven't a clue why you mentioned multiculturalism.

It is commonplace for many Canadians to assume that the history of black Canadians is recent -- when, in fact, it is far from that. It dates back to the 1600s when Mathieu Da Costa, a free man, came to Canada as an interpreter for Samuel de Champlain's 1605 excursion. But while there is significant information and anecdotes about Champlain, there is next to nothing on Da Costa.  http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/historica-canada/black-history-is-canadian_b_14991340.html?utm_campaign=canada_dau

Why would there be much about him? He was an interpreter, not a significant historical figure. Should we also have reams of information about Champlains cook?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tullia said:

The question that I am asking all here is why would the government want to remove the picture of our 1st Prime Minister of Canada?  They could have removed the picture of Laurier? They could have put her picture on a Canadian coin. This is just another attack on our British culture. Multiculturalism is the new marxist program and agenda which is meant to destroy everything British and Caucasian traditions and heritage. My belief. 

On 3/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, taxme said:

Well, it appears official now. Our 1st Prime Minister of Canada is about to have his portrait removed off of our Canadian ten dollar bill and to be replaced by some unknown person that no one ever heard of until the last year or so.

So what?

In Europe, they have fake, non-existent bridges on their paper money. (Look at Euro paper money...) The coins are more interesting, particularly if you're in Greece or Spain.

====

Frankly, who uses paper money or coins nowadays?

Uh, drug dealers?

The euro 500? The brown Borden Canadian $100 bill is very difficult to counterfeit. I'm waiting for it to become the standard for drug dealers.

Maybe the Bank of Canada should issue (like the CBE has issued a 500 euro note) a new a Cdn $500 bill with, uh, Pierre Trudeau's face.

Edited by August1991

14 hours ago, August1991 said:

So what?

In Europe, they have fake, non-existent bridges on their paper money. (Look at Euro paper money...) The coins are more interesting, particularly if you're in Greece or Spain.

====

Frankly, who uses paper money or coins nowadays?

Uh, drug dealers?

The euro 500? The brown Borden Canadian $100 bill is very difficult to counterfeit. I'm waiting for it to become the standard for drug dealers.

Maybe the Bank of Canada should issue (like the CBE has issued a 500 euro note) a new a Cdn $500 bill with, uh, Pierre Trudeau's face.

So what? Sir John A. McDonald was the 1st Prime minister of Canada and you don't see anything wrong with the removing of his picture off the ten dollar bill and put somebody that nobody ever heard about until last year on the ten dollar bill?  It's getting plain to see that their are not that many real patriotic Canadians around these days anymore.

McDonald had a great part in the creation of Canada and should never be treated as though he is a person that was of no value to Canada. McDonald did a lot more for Canada than this woman ever did. It's disgusting and deplorable to watch the Anglophones of this country just sit back and watch as their history and heritage and traditions are slowly being erased by the french leftist liberals who have no love for Canada. :o

On 3/17/2018 at 5:15 PM, taxme said:

So what? Sir John A. McDonald was the 1st Prime minister of Canada and you don't see anything wrong with the removing of his picture off the ten dollar bill and put somebody that nobody ever heard about until last year on the ten dollar bill?  It's getting plain to see that their are not that many real patriotic Canadians around these days anymore.

McDonald had a great part in the creation of Canada and should never be treated as though he is a person that was of no value to Canada. McDonald did a lot more for Canada than this woman ever did. It's disgusting and deplorable to watch the Anglophones of this country just sit back and watch as their history and heritage and traditions are slowly being erased by the french leftist liberals who have no love for Canada. :o

taxme, I think you missed my sarcasm; or is it irony?

===

Sarcasm: The Bank of Canada issuing a new $500 note with Pierre Trudeau's face.

Irony: The Bank of Canada issuing a new $10 note as a PR exercise for people who don't use "paper" money.

Edited by August1991

taxme, I think you missed my sarcasm; or is it irony?

If it's irony, then it's high performance art a la Andy Kaufman.  The "real patriotic Canadian" can't even be bothered to spell Sir John A MacDonald's name right.    

---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   

It's pretty sad when the jingoists don't even know what Sir John's A's role was "in the creation of Canada".  "God damn the CPR" as they say out west.

• 3 weeks later...

Justeen bumped some enviable people to shoe horn his next identity politics example into place. One person was the first women in law school, another a suffragette. BTW isn't it incredibly racist or non-multiculturality (lol) when we aren't honouring the well known and icon of the equal rights movement one Rosa Parks?

Why aren't we honouring her? and instead picking this unknown charlatan - only because she happens to be Canadian? Tisk tisk.

/sarcasm

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎17 at 5:15 PM, taxme said:

In the UK it is very well documented which group leads the "open borders" movement. I suspect we would find the same influences here in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 6:23 PM, Tribal_wayz said:

Justeen bumped some enviable people to shoe horn his next identity politics example into place. One person was the first women in law school, another a suffragette. BTW isn't it incredibly racist or non-multiculturality (lol) when we aren't honouring the well known and icon of the equal rights movement one Rosa Parks?

Why aren't we honouring her? and instead picking this unknown charlatan - only because she happens to be Canadian? Tisk tisk.

/sarcasm

Why we are honoring this woman is beyond me. But to remove the picture of Canada's first prime minister is a sham and a shame. The followers of liberal franco Trudeauism want nothing more than to remove any and everything British in Canada. They even want to eliminate their own french culture and traditions. Go figure that one out. 

On 4/6/2018 at 6:25 PM, Tribal_wayz said:

In the UK it is very well documented which group leads the "open borders" movement. I suspect we would find the same influences here in Canada.

Personally, I call them traitors, and the majority of our politicians of Canada and the UK and America are as far as I am concerned just that. They show no loyalty to their countries. They appear to be all in favor of open borders and a one world government where no borders shall exist. Believe me when I say that I have a pretty darn good idea as to who is behind all of this illegal criminal immigration that is going on in all the Caucasian countries of the world. Barbara Learner appears to be one of them. Just saying. 

On 4/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Personally I'd dump all human likenesses from the currency, use native wildlife and scenery, that's the real Canada. 

I'd do the same with naming public structures and such as well. 

Don't worry about it. That may be just on the horizon seeing that our politicians appear to not seem to care about our first prime minister of Canada being removed from the Canadian ten dollar bill. But of course than that would mean that this woman would have to have her portrait removed also if we just put pictures of wildlife and scenery on our bills. So somehow I don't think that is going to happen though. Canada has a new Canadian hero to look up to now and praise and that needs to stay that way. The portrait of our new first prime minister of Canada will soon be gone. It is incredible and shocking as to how far our politicians will go to try and destroy our British culture just to kiss butt political correctness and appear to be oh so multicultural.I am planning on keeping at least one of those ten dollar bills with McDonald's picture on it as a collectors item for my grandchildren to be able to look at one day. It may become valuable one day. Hey, you never know. 

Oh well, he can forever be remembered by the golden arches you see in every town and city of this great nation. They are far more noticeable than his likeness on a peice of paper currency anyway. 

You want to be British? Move to Britain... 

Remember the lady wearing nothing but the Canadian flag a few years back? Put her picture on the ten dollar bill, that would make it memorable :D

Edited by Thinkinoutsidethebox

Cash will disappear anyway. I would imagine that development is faster over there in North-America but it will happen everywhere eventually, which is a very unfortunate development but inevitable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 7:54 AM, PIK said:

Cornwallis got a bad deal also.

Another among many British white man that will be biting the dust. This is what Canada is all about now? The french government in Ottawa wants everything that has to do with Britain or our British heritage and traditions be gone and eliminated from our Canadian history books. McDonald and Cornwallis is just the beginning with more to come. The liberal government not long ago tried to have a mountain in BC that was named after a guy by the name of Logan and have his name replaced with the name of Chretien. Thank gawd that idea was nixed in the bud.  :(