Crime in Canada seems to align with natives

1 hour ago, Hates politicians said:

So if you delete color from the story your saying that prisons are over represented by criminals in comparison to innocents.

Maybe if you read the thread you'd be able to come back with questions that weren't quite so dumb.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:37 PM, eyeball said:

Absolutely, virtually every human being who is governed needs to crack down on the lying scheming bastards that are all to often governing them. But this is a completely different issue that transcends race creed colour...I suspect you'll find much the thing same through-out the entire universe.

It's just a really sad version of that story. The people who are suffering on the reserves are suffering more than people anywhere else in north america. 

On 3/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, ?Impact said:

were

On 3/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, eyeball said:

Natives where I live are or soon will be paying all the same sorts of taxes I pay once our treaty is fully implemented. Mind you this is a modern treaty negotiated in BC not a primitive barrel-of- molasses sort of treaty that was "negotiated" hundreds of years ago.

As for purpose making the world a better place, I couldn't agree more. Treaties with First Nations hereabouts are definitely the biggest economic driver we've seen in decades.

I would urge Canadians demand a better deal between our government and native people wherever they are.

Don't hold your breath waiting for indians to be paying the same taxes as you and I, no politician has the balls to do that.

12 minutes ago, Hates politicians said:

Reserves are shitholes because the indians are too lazy to keep them clean. They're attitude as usual is let whitey clean it up.

They're shitholes because on most of them the people who live there have no purpose in the lives. They have no reason to get up in the morning, no sense of discipline in their lives, and very little, if any hope for the future. It's a dependency culture and they have a very high level of alcoholism and drug abuse. And I would wager the same would be said if you took them away adn replaced them with a bunch of Ukrainians or Irishmen. There's nothing to damn well do on those reserves and no economic reason for their existence.

Edited by Argus

On 12/9/2018 at 8:29 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Rue you seems to have an understanding of the issue.  To my mind, the answer is both simple and impossible:

1. Canadians need to wake up and prioritize what is happening with our first peoples

2. We need to give them power over their own decisions and assistance to improve.

Politics makes these things very difficult.  

No historical proof they were here first. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Argus said:

They're shitholes because on most of them the people who live there have no purpose in the lives. They have no reason to get up in the morning, no sense of discipline in their lives, and very little, if any hope for the future. It's a dependency culture and they have a very high level of alcoholism and drug abuse. And I would wager the same would be said if you took them away adn replaced them with a bunch of Ukrainians or Irishmen. There's nothing to damn well do on those reserves and no economic reason for their existence.

Then get rid of the reserves. If someone wants to live in the bush go ahead. No freebees other than that they are free to move to a town or city get a job pay they're own way. Get rid of the tax free bullshit

On 12/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, PIK said:

Lets not forget the 1st nations back then, was many nations hell bent on killing the other ones. And really they are not the 1st and it is time to change. This cannot continue on, some hard choices will have to be made to get rid of the chiefs and councils that have ruined it. Whitey is bad but the natives treatment of women is sad. And this inquiry they keep screaming about, enough and end it. Because they will not be happy until a study comes out blaming whitey for all those poor women that have been killed . ( by their own)

It's strange as to why old whitey is hated so much by native Indians when it was old whitey that stopped all the Indian tribes from constantly killing each other. The only thing that we ever hear about is how old whitey made their Indian life miserable. I doubt very much that they were living the good life before old whitey came along and made life a lot easier for them. Today, we all must admit that thanks to old whitey native Indians are living a better life than in the past, and they could be doing a lot better today then white people are doing if they did not squalor all those hundreds of millions of tax dollarstax dollars that old whitey has being forced to pay to them for centuries now. And I have my suspicions that most of those Indian women that have and are still being killed for several decades now are being done by their own people. Hey, you never know, eh? 

The inquiry and the Indian Affairs department needs to be shut down and abolished. Just more taxpayer tax dollars going down the drain by the millions every year. The tax dollars blown on so much bull shit in Canada is beyond comprehension. Hundreds of billions of our tax dollars gone poof. Bloody sad indeed. :unsure:

On 12/13/2018 at 2:02 PM, Hates politicians said:

Then get rid of the reserves. If someone wants to live in the bush go ahead. No freebees other than that they are free to move to a town or city get a job pay they're own way. Get rid of the tax free bullshit

It appears that you are a little confused about the reason reserves were created.  For the First Nations it was a last desperate attempt to hold on to a little bit of what they had once owned before all of it was taken from them.  For the government of Canada it was a way of getting the "Indians" out of the way.  In that it succeeded all too well and as a result instead of integrating First Nations into the dominant culture it isolated them resulting in hundreds of little first Nations' ghettos.  This was very similar to the way Blacks were treated in the USA and has made it difficult for present day first nations to fit into or relate to mainstream Canadian society. 

On 12/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, Hates politicians said:

Not sure what you mean but I call a spade a spade.

No you call black people spades.

Hey, get back to me when you explain who came to Canada before aboriginals. Yah I know, it was your ancestors in 2,009 b.c. Archeologists found their ancient artifacts ...a trailer and some beer cans. 

Look around bro. Who you kidding,  most of your fellow inmates are petty thieves arrested for drug and alcohol related addiction crimes or have a mental illness. Criminals? Innocents?  Oh save that shit for someone who didn't spend over twenty years listening to your lame assed stories of you being a victim. The only difference between inside and outside your prison and you and them is in your mind. You put yourself where you are. 

Edited by Rue

5 hours ago, bjre said:

When there are enough job opportunities for them, and they receive enough education for the jobs, and they are busy in jobs, they will not likely have enough time to crime.

Government can do a lot on this.

The job opportunities for aboriginal Canadians are exactly the same job opportunities that are there for everyone else.  All you have to do is choose, get trained for the choice, and get a job.  OF course, you are correct in that as long as there is a culture of dependence backed up by monthly cheques from the Great White Creator there is simply no need to get a job, or an education, or much of anything else.

Government already HAS done a lot - which is why it is such a complete gong show.

Edited by cannuck

On 12/15/2018 at 9:15 AM, bjre said:

When there are enough job opportunities for them, and they receive enough education for the jobs, and they are busy in jobs, they will not likely have enough time to crime.

They have the opportunity to go to school the same as anybody else. They choose not to go becaus they know whitey will be sending them money for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Hates politicians said:

They have the opportunity to go to school the same as anybody else. They choose not to go becaus they know whitey will be sending them money for nothing.

As an indigenous friend of mine, only partially tongue in cheek, says, 'Just keep sending out those cheques'. Being both smart and of sardonic temperament, he understands that a lot of this is a game and acknowledges the role played by reflexive "white guilt" in this equation. It's not that he believes that the colonial system was any kind of boon or benefit to Canada's indigenous populations. He's skeptical, though, about the ability of an ideology grounded in victimization to achieve much progress.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:49 PM, cannuck said:

The job opportunities for aboriginal Canadians are exactly the same job opportunities that are there for everyone else.  All you have to do is choose, get trained for the choice, and get a job.  OF course, you are correct in that as long as there is a culture of dependence backed up by monthly cheques from the Great White Creator there is simply no need to get a job, or an education, or much of anything else.

Government already HAS done a lot - which is why it is such a complete gong show.

If the government has already done a lot and result is not good, does that mean it is not efficient? 

Does the government acting based on carefully study or just for votes?

Are there more effective ways to do it?

1 hour ago, bjre said:

If the government has already done a lot and result is not good, does that mean it is not efficient? 

Does the government acting based on carefully study or just for votes?

Are there more effective ways to do it?

Government has a very different motive for doing almost everything it does.   #1 to get the person spending my great granchildren's heritage elected again before the bills come due, and #2 to justify the bureaucracy's reason to exist spending all of that money.  The "careful study" is whatever the pollsters and back room boys think will get their party elected.  Period.

The more effective way to do "it" (whatever it is) is simply for government to keep their nose the hell out of everyone and anyone's business and back pocket.  EVERYTHING that any government touches is done by people with no accountability, and is as a result totally screwed up.  And expensive.  We the sheeple are so stupid and gutless we just let them keep on pissing away now well over a trillion dollars of money we don't have, mostly on things they have no business doing.

Edited by cannuck

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:29 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Rue you seems to have an understanding of the issue.  To my mind, the answer is both simple and impossible:

1. Canadians need to wake up and prioritize what is happening with our first peoples

2. We need to give them power over their own decisions and assistance to improve.

Politics makes these things very difficult.  

1. Wait, what?  Why is that, again?  I'm not the keeper of the Indians, fuck the Indians,  they're not my problem.

2. They seem to making their own decisions just fine, and the ones who are deciding to commit crimes are ending up in jail, no interference from me at all.

There ya go, done and done.  Indians being prioritized by the state for taking the decision to commit crimes of their own free will.   Problem solved.

On 12/15/2018 at 10:15 AM, bjre said:

Which might make logical sense if the Indians were little children and the government was their mommie,  but since they're not little children and the government is not their mommie, let them work it out like every other adult in this land does all day everyday,  I don't get a handout job from the government , don't see why the Indians are entitled to one.

Paternalistic white guilt blubbering about the Indians; the original Canadian scam.  Want an education and a job from the government?  Join the army.  Otherwise, fuck off.

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

1. Wait, what?  Why is that, again?  I'm not the keeper of the Indians, fuck the Indians,  they're not my problem.

2. They seem to making their own decisions just fine, and the ones who are deciding to commit crimes are ending up in jail, no interference from me at all.

3.  Problem solved.

1. Why not ?  Who IS your problem in Canada ?  Poor people ?  Children ?  Maritimers ?

2. They need to be able to help themselves economically.  They need omething to build on.

3. Well, you don't want to help them anyway.  Why don't you just propose killing them all ?  In either case, we don't have anything to discuss.