California Judge Rules In Favor Of Christian

betsy

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, Duh!  Of course it's because of her religion - that's never been in doubt. 

And, if she wasn't Christian, there's no way that this lesbian couple would've even asked for a wedding cake.

How the hell did you reach that conclusion I wonder? Do you think the couple purposely planned to go bug a Christian baker? 

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

BTW - We all have places that don't service what we may want for a variety of reasons, but only the lesbians would seek it out and sue over it.

Oh I don't know, I might sue if a company denied me service because they found out I don't go to their church.

11 minutes ago, Omni said:

Oh I don't know, I might sue if a company denied me service because they found out I don't go to their church.

Would you seek out a company in the expectation/hopes that they refuse you a service?  Not even you would do that!  This whole Gay wedding cake thing has been going on long enough that every Lesbian in the country knows exactly what they're doing.  They're antagonists, nothing more.  This isn't about cake, never has been!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Well, I'm glad you asked ...because YES, I DO. 

Well you can think what you want, but you have no way to support that. I wonder why you think they would do that. Maybe they just wanted a damn cake so they went to a cake store. Why would they bother to go somewhere they thought they might be denied? Makes absolutely zero sense.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well you can think what you want, but you have no way to support that. I wonder why you think they would do that. Maybe they just wanted a damn cake so they went to a cake store. Why would they bother to go somewhere they thought they might be denied? Makes absolutely zero sense.

Oh, please!  You can't really be that naive.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

So you're saying they went to that bakery so they could get some headlines? Again, put up or shut up.

Seriously dude?  None of these cases came about organically, They went to that bakery in the hopes of being refused, then suing on behalf of the LGBT24R+=DFGHJGFTYH community.  It takes an IQ of about 46 to figure that out.  You think they just stumbled into that bakery without knowing the game?  That was an ambush - plain and simple.  I think I read that the other Lesbians traveled 150 miles and passed 50 odd bakeries before they happened upon the Christian bakery.  It's so transparent, that it would take a complete fool to NOT see it.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Freedom of conscience is assured by the availability of other jobs.  Sometimes one's conscience is a harsh mistress.

That said, forcing someone who no longer wants to live to take their own life by a means amateurish, painful and messy instead of allowing a medical professional to provide a peaceful and painless stop is what I would describe as authoritarian and totalitarian.  Tyrannical and dictatorial, as well.  Not to mention despotic, iron fisted and autocratic.

The right to end one's life is one of the most basic there is. 

That said, I would be happy for a doctor to refuse  to help if another were available to provide the mercy.

The totalitarian system, as in China and North Korea, is a poor system to be trying to emulate.  Doctors who have trained for their field have a right to be able to continue to be caregivers and protectors of human life.  Anyone interested in the profession and believes in the sanctity of life has the right to choose to be a doctor without interference by councillors of death.

Nobody needs to be taking their own life.  It is foolish to be suggesting it is acceptable for anyone to be taking their own life (or anyone else's).  The medical system has palliative care with powerful medications to ease the pain of those requiring it to make their last days as comfortable as possible.  

Today there are people debating the possibility of changing the system to allow doctor-assisted suicide for children, mentally ill and infants.  We are swiftly moving toward the Nazi ideology of final solutions for people.  The medical system may quietly embrace this as a way to terminate those they deem have lived long enough or whose life is not worth living and thus save the system money.

Mercy is not a word that fits in with any kind of suicide.

Edited by blackbird

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The totalitarian system, as in China and North Korea, is a poor system to be trying to emulate.  Doctors who have trained for their field have a right to be able to continue to caregivers and lifesavers.  Anyone interested in believes in the sanctity of life has the right to choose to be a doctor without interference by councillors of death.

Nobody needs to be taking their own life.  It is foolish to be suggesting it is an acceptable thing for anyone to do.  The medical system has palliative care with powerful medications to ease the pain of those requiring it to make their last days as comfortable as possible.  

Today there are people debating the possibility of changing the system to allow doctor-assisted suicide for children, mentally ill and infants.  We are swiftly moving toward the Nazi ideology of final solutions for people.

Basic disagreement here.  You can believe what you want, and act on it with regards to your own life, but you have no right to dictate to anyone else that they should continue to live if they don't want to.

Life is not sacred.  It's an accident, and while for most it's a happy enough accident, for some it's one they can do without. 

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Basic disagreement here.  You can believe what you want, and act on it with regards to your own life, but you have no right to dictate to anyone else that they should continue to live if they don't want to.

Life is not sacred.  It's an accident, and while for most it's a happy enough accident, for some it's one they can do without. 

So if you saw a boy on the railing of a bridge getting ready to jump, you would tell him to go ahead and get it done?

You have been completely deceived by the prince of this world known as Satan.   The Bible warns in many places to ignore the teachings of God means death in every way and a lost eternity.

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:"  Proverbs 1:5  "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  Proverbs 1:7  King James Bible otherwise known as the Authorized Version

Edited by blackbird

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The totalitarian system, as in China and North Korea, is a poor system to be trying to emulate.  Doctors who have trained for their field have a right to be able to continue to be caregivers and protectors of human life.  Anyone interested in the profession and believes in the sanctity of life has the right to choose to be a doctor without interference by councillors of death.

Nobody needs to be taking their own life.  It is foolish to be suggesting it is acceptable for anyone to be taking their own life (or anyone else's).  The medical system has palliative care with powerful medications to ease the pain of those requiring it to make their last days as comfortable as possible.  

Today there are people debating the possibility of changing the system to allow doctor-assisted suicide for children, mentally ill and infants.  We are swiftly moving toward the Nazi ideology of final solutions for people.  The medical system may quietly embrace this as a way to terminate those they deem have lived long enough or whose life is not worth living and thus save the system money.

All that needs said to that is "paranoia will destroy ya". You don't see the difference between ending your own life and killing someone else? I wouldn't of course agree that someone should kill themselves because the Maple Leafs lost last night, but if one is in pain with no hope for recovery why do you assume the right to make them suffer up until what was inevitable anyway?

Just now, blackbird said:

So if you saw a boy on the railing of a bridge getting ready to jump, you would tell him to go ahead and get it done?

You have been completely deceived by the prince of this world known as Satan.   The Bible warns in many places to ignore the teachings of God mean death in every way and a lost eternity.

"A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:"  Proverbs 1:5  "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  Proverbs 1:7  King James Bible otherwise known as the Authorized Version

No, I would try and talk him out of it.   I'm not saying people can't try and persuade.  I'm saying they should not be able to deny.

If you're going to bring Satan into it, we'll end here.  You might as well bring Bugs Bunny into it.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No, I would try and talk him out of it.   I'm not saying people can't try and persuade.  I'm saying they should not be able to deny.

If you're going to bring Satan into it, we'll end here.  You might as well bring Bugs Bunny into it.

Of course Satan wouldn't want you to believe he has anything to do with it.   Your best hope is in the pages of the King James Bible.  

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  John 8:31, 32.  We are prisoners until God sets us free.  We can be controlled by the system of this world, some ideology such as humanism, Marxism, Communism, etc. until we are set free.  Jesus said he came to set the prisoners free.  Suggest the Gospel of John and Proverbs.

13 minutes ago, Omni said:

All that needs said to that is "paranoia will destroy ya". You don't see the difference between ending your own life and killing someone else? I wouldn't of course agree that someone should kill themselves because the Maple Leafs lost last night, but if one is in pain with no hope for recovery why do you assume the right to make them suffer up until what was inevitable anyway?

Doctors have an assortment of medications they use today to make patients last days be as comfortable as possible.  There are professionals who are experienced and know all about these things.  

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Of course Satan wouldn't want you to believe he has anything to do with it.   Your best hope is in the pages of the King James Bible.  

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  John 8:31, 32.  We are prisoners until God sets us free.  We can be controlled by the system of this world, some ideology such as humanism, Marxism, Communism, etc. until we are set free.  Jesus said he came to set the prisoners free.  Suggest the Gospel of John and Proverbs.

You actually believe in Satan do you?

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Doctors have an assortment of medications they use today to make patients last days be as comfortable as possible.  There are professionals who are experienced and know all about these things.  

Sure, there are drugs that will quell the pain and make you comatose and keep you alive for weeks/months until the inevitable happens. Why would you take away a persons right to ask not to have to go through all that and just cut them loose when it is determined there is no hope for recovery?

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

You actually believe in Satan do you?

Actually yes, he is mentioned in the Bible.  I think Satan is the prince of devils.  You can read about Lucifer's fall from heaven in Isaiah.   He was once a beautiful angel but rebelled against God and drew a third of the angels with him.  

Jesus healed a devil-possessed boy.  "And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour."  Matthew 17:18

"And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him.  And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not."  Luke 4:35

Edited by blackbird

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Sure, there are drugs that will quell the pain and make you comatose and keep you alive for weeks/months until the inevitable happens. Why would you take away a persons right to ask not to have to go through all that and just cut them loose when it is determined there is no hope for recovery?

When you use the term "right" (to take one's own life, you are reciting a man-made dogma repeated by people who do not know God or the Bible.  Human life belongs to God and he is the only one to decide when it ends.  It is folly to put one's self in the place of God and attempt to make those kind of decisions or applaud them.

27 minutes ago, Omni said:

In some countries that line has become blurred.

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

When you use the term "right" (to take one's own life, you are reciting a man-made dogma repeated by people who do not know God or the Bible.  Human life belongs to God and he is the only one to decide when it ends.  It is folly to put one's self in the place of God and attempt to make those kind of decisions or applaud them.

Talk about a man made dogma. Holy shit. My life belongs to me and nobody else. It has been my job to decide what to do with it pretty much once I no longer needed my mothers breast for sustenance.  I'll continue to guide it as best I can until my final day. Don't need any artificial interference from whatever type of religious nonsense man has created.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Talk about a man made dogma. Holy shit. My life belongs to me and nobody else. It has been my job to decide what to do with it pretty much once I no longer needed my mothers breast for sustenance.  I'll continue to guide it as best I can until my final day. Don't need any artificial interference from whatever type of religious nonsense man has created.

I hate to disappoint you but your life is not your own.  It belong to God and he will decide when it ends, whether you believe it or not.  You are also not your own authority in many ways and never have been.  When you grew up your mother or parents, whatever the case, decided many things for you and had some authority over you.  You are required to obey the laws of the land and cannot do whatever you please.  So no you are not your own boss in many ways.  You are under authorities.