California Judge Rules In Favor Of Christian

betsy

45 minutes ago, betsy said:

Talking about yourself? 

Didn't you revile Christians who try to adhere to their Scriptures as, "fake Christians?"  Whose tone drips with contempt???  You definitely fit the definition of a reviler, according to Google:

Revile - criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.  

synonyms: criticize, censure, condemn, attack, inveigh against, rail against, castigate, lambaste, denounce;
slander, libel, malign, vilify, abuse

Don't use words you don't know.  It could backfire.

Since you seem to have latched on to that word, "revile,"  you should read and memorize this..... Jesus talking to His followers:

Matthew 5:11

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

If any non-religious ever imagine you can shame a disciple of Christ into conformity to your own  ideas.....nix that silly ignorant assumption.  Jesus had already foreseen that ploy, and has already equipped His followers against it! :lol:

You realize you are saying homosexuals are blessed when sinners like you revile them?

I may be a sinner and revile others but I don't claim it's God's work to do so. That's why I consider such people fake Christians. 

Edited by LonJowett

3 hours ago, LonJowett said:

You realize you are saying homosexuals are blessed when sinners like you revile them?

I may be a sinner and revile others but I don't claim it's God's work to do so. That's why I consider such people fake Christians. 

How are homosexuals reviled?  By adhering to one's religious belief?   :)

If that is discrimination to you - then it's Christians that are actually victims of discrimination.

What businesses are being sued? Those owned by CHRISTIANS! 

Why are Christians being targeted and forced to cater to something that goes against their conscience? 

How many times have we read any Muslim bakers getting sued for the same reason?   It's mostly - if not only Christians!  There is DISCRIMINATION against Christians!

Edited by betsy

Again, people can revile all they want, but if they say they are doing so under the guidance of God's word, that is blasphemy. So-called Christians use contemptuous language to describe their gay neighbours and use misquoted texts from the Bible to justify refusing to do business with them. This is a sin on par with being a catamite, as cited in your post.  If they were actually adhering to their religious belief, they would love their neighbour and let God judge them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LonJowett said:

And yet the Bible also condemns revilers. Discriminating against a group of people is reviling them, which is a sin. You are justifying their sin because of somebody else's sin? That makes no sense.

Disagreeing with some practice or belief is not "reviling'.  Calling people who disagree "revilers" is just a way to shut down debate or disagreement, much like liberals who call anyone who disagrees with M103 "racists" or bigots.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Disagreeing with some practice or belief is not "reviling'.  Calling people who disagree "revilers" is just a way to shut down debate or disagreement, much like liberals who call anyone who disagrees with M103 "racists" or bigots.

If you discriminate against someone by refusing to do business with them, it is not "disagreeing with some practice or belief." It's also not practising your religion. It's discrimination. Unless, perhaps, you refuse to do business with all sinners equally.  

7 hours ago, betsy said:

So why are you arguing here?  It's the same thing as an atheist arguing whether Jesus is God Himself! 

What do you understand about a faithful trying to adhere to his faith?   You don't know squat about faith since you don't believe in it. 

Just look at your comments!  They really add nothing to the discussion, but to show more about you......showing us what you know, and do not know.   We know your jar is empty on this subject.  Because your words sound hollow.

Like I said.....a lot of non-religious cannot give substantive comment on faith issues like this one.....

.........largely due to ignorance. 

Well Betsy I actually have my own version of "faith" but it relies more on science than it does on than a bunch of nonsense that a bunch of men wrote in this book or that book and then said believe what we are telling you or you will burn in hell. That smacks of a form of ignorance but I understand it is in many ways born out of fear, especially of what comes after out time on this earth. One way to make words sound hollow is to simply cut and paste page after page of those men's words that your type have decided to buy into. And then try to stress that they must be true/important by coloring/enlarging text. Sound familiar. If it works for you that's fine, I'll stick with my own. 

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well Betsy I actually have my own version of "faith" but it relies more on science....

In other words, you're lost! 

Go find your way to the science section and discuss your "faith" there.  Btw, do you need help to get there?

This topic is about the Christian faith!

Edited by betsy

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

In other words, you're lost! 

Go find your way to the science section and discuss your "faith" there.  Btw, do you need help to get there?

This topic is about the Christian faith!

It's also about ideology and wedding cakes, and whether religious dogma should trump legal rights.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

It's also about ideology and wedding cakes, and whether religious dogma should trump legal rights.

Because of the title, and the OP,  it's not about any ideology.....it's about a religious belief, particularly, Christian.

Wedding cakes, cupcakes, muffins or rolls.......this is not a baking thread, too. 

Edited by betsy

8 minutes ago, betsy said:

Because of the title, and the OP,  it's not about any ideology.....it's about a religious belief, particularly, Christian.

Wedding cakes, cupcakes, muffins or rolls.......this is not a baking thread, too. 

Ah, if you go back to the start, it's about a Christian baker, and a lesbian couple, and how a judge decided that religion trumped ideology. But I'll leave you to it as I can see where it will go, as usual.

Are there other sins that justify refusal of service? How about adulterers or people who have taken the name of the Lord in vain? Those are actual commandments, not misrepresentations of catamites. Would it be fair for a Halal store to ban a known pork eater?

49 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

Are there other sins that justify refusal of service? How about adulterers or people who have taken the name of the Lord in vain? Those are actual commandments, not misrepresentations of catamites.

Why..........what service requires participating in the act of adultery?

You should ask: will they sell "divorce" cakes - celebrating the divorce of a couple?  I can't answer for them. 

If I'm the baker, I won't.

Would it be fair for a Halal store to ban a known pork eater?

Eh?  What are you on about?   Get a grip! No one is banning anyone! 

BANNED!  BANNED! EEEEK! NOOOOOO!

Hahaha - remind me of someone getting hysterical in a horror movie - this would be the part when they slap some sense into her! :lol:

Edited by betsy

I don't know why some can't seem to get the difference.   Let's try to simplify, elementary-like:

The bakers sell their already baked stuff to everyone.  They don't refuse to sell what's already available to anyone - and that includes lesbians and gays.  No one is getting banned from the establishment! 

The bakers refuse to cater specialty cakes (custom-made) to same-sex weddings simply because it is deemed to be a participation in the celebration of a union that goes against their religious belief.  

I bet you, if the gay couple will buy a cake that's already made  and for sale to the public - there would be no problem buying it, and using it however they want to use it!

Edited by betsy

But they are in the business of making custom wedding cakes and are therefore refusing service based on the belief that their customers are sinners. Is this the only instance you can think of where a business has the right to deny its services to people they determine to be sinners?

8 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

But they are in the business of making custom wedding cakes and are therefore refusing service based on the belief that their customers are sinners. Is this the only instance you can think of where a business has the right to deny its services to people they determine to be sinners?

No, not because their customers are sinnners.  Who doesn't sin?   A Christian will readily admit that we are all sinners.

They refuse, because of the occasion for which the cake will be used.

In this case, they can refuse service. 

For that reason: the constitutional right to practice your freedom of religion.  You shouldn't be forced to go against your conscience.

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, betsy said:

They refuse, because of the occasion for which the cake will be used.

The occasion is a wedding.  Obviously they are not refusing because it will be used in a wedding.  

They are refusing because they have determined that the couple are sinners and don't deserve to be served.

Maybe Christian owners of businesses should put up signs to indicate who they will refuse service to?

"NOTICE:  We do not serve homosexuals, adulterers, revilers, liars, anyone who eats shellfish or animals with cloven hooves, anyone who works on the Sabbath, doesn't honor their parents, anyone who mixes cottons and polyblends, or menstruating women.  Jesus might love you, but we sure don't.  Have a nice day!"

Seriously, though.  They should put up signs indicating who they refuse service to.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. - Leviticus 11:7

Lots of blasphemous Christians out there (many Jews as well). I hope the baker didn't have bacon for breakfast, or deep fry anything in lard.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

But, F*$@K everyone else's consciences?

I don't believe religious rights should trump human rights. 

Me neither, but wasn't the issue not one of providing a cake, but designing one?

Hell, as supportive of freedom of expression as I am, even I wouldn't ask a Muslim to design a cake with Muhammad on it.

Edited by bcsapper

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Me neither, but wasn't the issue not one of providing a cake, but designing one?

Hell, as supportive of freedom of expression as I am, even I wouldn't ask a Muslim to design a cake with Muhammad on it.

So you're suggesting that all religions, including Christianity should be equally as discriminatory.