California Judge Rules In Favor Of Christian

betsy

1 minute ago, LonJowett said:

Then why were you quoting about commandments? Are you misrepresenting God's commandments to justify your contempt for your neighbour? That is a sin!

You're too emotional to discuss rationally right now.  I'll give you time to compose yourself and read again.

1 minute ago, betsy said:

You're too emotional to discuss rationally right now.  I'll give you time to compose yourself and read again.

And adultery is indeed against the commandments. Saying homosexuality is the same is a lie. There is no such commandment about homosexuality. You should ask God for forgiveness for lying about his Word.

What makes you think I'm emotional? I didn't even use any emojis.

9 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

And adultery is indeed against the commandments. Saying homosexuality is the same is a lie. There is no such commandment about homosexuality. You should ask God for forgiveness for lying about his Word.

What makes you think I'm emotional? I didn't even use any emojis.

We don't need emojis to indicate we're emotional.  I could tell by your language, and your tone. Your emotions overcome you, that you even failed to read the snip I gave you.   Homosexuality is lumped  there with all the others that are mentioned in the Commandments.

1 Cor 6

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

We don't need emojis to indicate we're emotional.  I could tell by your language, and your tone. Your emotions overcome you, that you even failed to read the snip I gave you.   Homosexuality is lumped  there with all the others that are mentioned in the Commandments.

Homosexuality is not lumped into the commandments. God chose to have a specific commandment against adultery. He chose NOT to have one about homosexuality. YOU chose to CHANGE His Word from "catamites" (which refers to a form of pedophilia) to "homosexuals" to justify your contempt of same-sex adult couples. This is against the actual COMMANDMENT "Thou shalt not bear false witness."  

Look up catamites, look up the real text you are quoting (all you have to do is press the footnote number link beside the term "homosexuals" in your post. It links to the weaselly clarification "that is, catamites"), and then REPENT, SINNER!

Edited by LonJowett

So, if you're keeping score, you misquoted God by substituting the word "homosexuals" for "catamites," thereby changing the meaning of God's words. Ironically, you left in the part about God's condemnation of "revilers", apparently because you don't know what that means? :lol:

1 hour ago, LonJowett said:

Homosexuality is not lumped into the commandments. God chose to have a specific commandment against adultery. He chose NOT to have one about homosexuality. YOU chose to CHANGE His Word from "catamites" (which refers to a form of pedophilia) to "homosexuals" to justify your contempt of same-sex adult couples. This is against the actual COMMANDMENT "Thou shalt not bear false witness."  

Look up catamites, look up the real text you are quoting (all you have to do is press the footnote number link beside the term "homosexuals" in your post. It links to the weaselly clarification "that is, catamites"), and then REPENT, SINNER!

I'm not forcing you to accept what I'd given.  I referred to the New Testament.  There are several verses (from the Old and New) that are consistently talking about homosexuality - along with the description of the sexual act!

Take it, or leave it.  Let's get back on topic.

No matter how you want to interpret the Bible - your belief is yours.  That goes for every Christian.

If you're a baker - no one is trying to force you to not cater to SSM.  How you want to practice your belief is your choice.

However......it's not for you to dictate how others should practice their belief.

Edited by betsy

15 minutes ago, betsy said:

I'm not forcing you to accept what I'd given.  I referred to the New Testament.  There are several verses (from the Old and New) that are consistently talking about homosexuality - along with the description of the sexual act!

Take it, or leave it.  Let's get back on topic.

No matter how you want to interpret the Bible - your belief is yours.  That goes for every Christian.

If you're a baker - no one is trying to force you to not cater to SSM.  How you want to practice your belief is your choice.

However......it's not for you to dictate how others should practice their belief.

You've already demonstrated that you have to actually change God's words in order to justify reviling homosexuals. And you can't use misrepresentations of the Bible to justify discrimination.

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Just like there are also many bakers who cater to SSM, by choice..........there are also many doctors who perform abortion by choice. 

It's those that are being force to go against their religious belief - that's where the problem lies.

For the life of me.....why don't these homosexual couples go to bakers who would gladly bake for their wedding! 

Who in their right mind, would dampen the joyous spirit of their union......by forcing an unwilling to take part in it?  

It seems  the marriage becomes just secondary to the ideology, huh?  Having a petulant fit.... and forcing someone unwilling, seems to have taken priority.    Not a good way to start a marriage.

Not a good way to run a business you mean. Just bake the cake and don't insult someone simply because their ideology disagrees with your (outdated) religious dogma. The baker didn't have to attend the wedding. But I assume she had to attend court.

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Not a good way to run a business you mean. Just bake the cake and don't insult someone simply because their ideology disagrees with your (outdated) religious dogma. The baker didn't have to attend the wedding. But I assume she had to attend court.

That's his business. :shrug:

12 minutes ago, Omni said:

Luckily we have the good sense to keep religion away from law.

Going by the title of this thread.....

.........luckily, some judge(s)  have the good sense to uphold our  freedom of religion.

Edited by betsy

11 minutes ago, betsy said:

Going by the title of this thread.....

.........luckily, some judge(s)  have the good sense to uphold our  freedom of religion.

No religion gives you the licence to revile others. Isn't that a sin up there with adultery? I don't even have to change the word from the original text to make it say what I want. :lol:

• Haha 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎28 at 7:31 AM, LonJowett said:

I resent fake Christians trying to make people think their desire to discriminate and make others second-class citizens is just part of their Christianity. I hope Christ has a special place in hell for those who use his name to spread their hate and contempt for others. 

There is no fake Christianity involved.  Believers are called to follow the Bible which expressly condemns homosexuality. It's as simple as that.  It's wrong to try to force people to do something against their conscience.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Omni said:

I'm not really all that interested in discussions about religion since I'm not religious.

The word religious can mean pursuing something with a kind of fervour or deep conviction even if it doesn't fit in with one of the world's recognized religions.  Trudeau for example is very religious about his feminism and fake defence of abortion rights by cutting off funding for summer students.  He is quite religious in a perverse way.  Another example might be the leaders of Communist revolutions.  Chairman Mao or Castro pursued their ideology in a religious fervour.   To them it was a kind of religion.

Edited by blackbird

7 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The word religious can mean pursuing something with a kind of fervour or deep conviction even if it doesn't fit in with one of the world's recognized religions.  Trudeau for example is very religious about his feminism and fake defence of abortion rights by cutting off funding for summer students.  He is quite religious in a perverse way.  Another example might be the leaders of Communist revolutions.  Chairman Mao or Castro pursued their ideology in a religious fervour.   To them it was a kind of religion.

When I refer to religion I refer to the recognized types. Having a strong opinion on a certain issue is something different. Religion tends to have limited parameters that attempt to control individual focus. That's why I shun it in favor of the freedom to have strong feelings in whatever I have them. All Trudeau did with his "tickbox" on summer funding was to try and make sure various religious beliefs did not interfere with a persons right to a publicly funded summer job. 

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

There is no fake Christianity involved.  Believers are called to follow the Bible which expressly condemns homosexuality. It's as simple as that.  It's wrong to try to force people to do something against their conscience.  

And yet the Bible also condemns revilers. Discriminating against a group of people is reviling them, which is a sin. You are justifying their sin because of somebody else's sin? That makes no sense.

6 hours ago, Omni said:

I'm not really all that interested in discussions about religion since I'm not religious.

So why are you arguing here?  It's the same thing as an atheist arguing whether Jesus is God Himself! 

What do you understand about a faithful trying to adhere to his faith?   You don't know squat about faith since you don't believe in it. 

Just look at your comments!  They really add nothing to the discussion, but to show more about you......showing us what you know, and do not know.   We know your jar is empty on this subject.  Because your words sound hollow.

Like I said.....a lot of non-religious cannot give substantive comment on faith issues like this one.....

.........largely due to ignorance. 

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LonJowett said:

And yet the Bible also condemns revilers. Discriminating against a group of people is reviling them, which is a sin. You are justifying their sin because of somebody else's sin? That makes no sense.

Oh boy.

Let's not get so overly-dramatic and get into comical exaggeration! 

Anyway.....

Are you confused?  Who's reviling whom????

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, LonJowett said:

No religion gives you the licence to revile others. Isn't that a sin up there with adultery? I don't even have to change the word from the original text to make it say what I want. :lol:

Again, who's reviling anyone?

You......... make no sense.

You think murder isn't a sin? 

You think we shouldn't call murder a sin?

Is that what you're saying here??  YES or NO!

Edited by betsy

15 hours ago, LonJowett said:

Talking about yourself? 

Didn't you revile Christians who try to adhere to their Scriptures as, "fake Christians?"  Whose tone drips with contempt???  You definitely fit the definition of a reviler, according to Google:

Revile - criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner.  

synonyms: criticize, censure, condemn, attack, inveigh against, rail against, castigate, lambaste, denounce;
slander, libel, malign, vilify, abuse

Don't use words you don't know.  It could backfire.

Since you seem to have latched on to that word, "revile,"  you should read and memorize this..... Jesus talking to His followers:

Matthew 5:11

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

If any non-religious ever imagine you can shame a disciple of Christ into conformity to your own  ideas.....nix that silly ignorant assumption.  Jesus had already foreseen that ploy, and has already equipped His followers against it! :lol:

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, LonJowett said:

So, if you're keeping score, you misquoted God by substituting the word "homosexuals" for "catamites," thereby changing the meaning of God's words. Ironically, you left in the part about God's condemnation of "revilers", apparently because you don't know what that means? :lol:

Have been reading the Queen's Bible, have we?  :D

I'd like to take you up on that, but it will have to be on its own thread.  Let me just brush up on it.......

Edited by betsy

9 minutes ago, betsy said:

Have been reading the Queen's Bible, have we?  :D

I'd like to take you up on that, but it will have to be on its own thread.  Let me just brush up on it.......

Nope. Your quote, with the endnotes that admitted it replaced the term catamites with.homosexuals. Why would it do that, if not to deceive?