Omar's lawyer is now a federal judge?

PIK

On 2/28/2018 at 9:46 AM, Omni said:

Khadr got paid compensation because we "pissed" on his charter rights. If you don't like his family that's fine but they weren't the ones illegally held in an illegal prison. Luckily ourf charter makes the items you listed as illegal, so we are better off with it than without.

Rights? The only right that terrorist should be entitled to is the right to have his ISIS Islamic butt put in prison for life. I am pretty sure that his family will be living quite well now that they have all that money to enjoy life with. Canada isn't it a wonderful country to live in these days. Well, I guess for Muslims it is. Just saying. 

PS: Sorry teach but I think that you made a spelling error. What is "ourf"? Just curious. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 10:01 AM, Goddess said:

He used a controvertial section - #7 - of the Charter to plead for Khadr (who was a terrorist, actively working to kill us and our allies and who still has not renounced his terrorist beliefs) and then circumvented the SOC to settle out of court.

Something needs to change here.

For sure something needs to change here and that is some people's opinion's that smack of stupidity. 

10 hours ago, Omni said:

When I see that type comment I know the mindset I'm dealing with. A typical right wing assumption not based in any knowledge of fact, just a feeble attempt to degrade. I started working at 14 and kept right on going. How about you?

very large paper route before 10, picked fruit and did odd jobs until 12. Moved to different part of country, shot gophers for farmers when I got there.  First contracting when 14 (assembling grain bins). For the next 50 years after high school, have been usually self employed.  My work and investment supports many families in 5 companies in 3 countries.  Used to work 3x4hrs 7 days, now usually 8-10hrs x 6 days, but that will change this year as we bought a farm on which I need to set up a business, build barn, shops, greenhouses and house.  I still remain on call for one former JV for emergency callouts to any one of 16 offices in Canada and the US (thus in declared emergencies, no hours of service limits apply).  Yeah, we right wing capitalist pigs are a layabout lot.

But, you are right.  It WAS an assumption - but referring not to employment but to the left wing attitudes of entitlement and use of social services, government as a master, etc.  I should have made that clear, my appologies (tax time, so visits here are break from true madness).

Edited by cannuck

On 3/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, ?Impact said:

I agree, as long as all those redneck hate mongers get charged with indoctrinating their children that generally happens.

Some have their children taken away by Children's Aid. However there is a difference which I doubt your leftwing mind can fathom between sending a child to Pakistan to terrorist training camp and then sending them to engage in terrorism in Afghanistan, as compared to passing on bigoted subjective opinions to children. I appreciate in your world anyone who does not have the exact same opinion as you is a red neck, problem is some of us consider your opinions to be fascist and reactionary. 

Getting back to the original issue of the thread, Trudeau now uses the court system for political patronage payback something this two faced sob once criticized Harper for.

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer? 

In a way this appointment makes sense, if this lawyer keeps finding loopholes in the laws of Canada make it so he can't use them anymore. As a lawyer he's costing the Canadian government dearly politically (and us the taxpayer financially) but as a judge he will soon be forgotten. 

Canada's laws are way to complex, anybody can get away with anything given the time and resources to find contradictions in the legal system, it's how some people get out of charges all the time. How do you think lawyers can advertise getting you out of traffic violations?

If we are "innocent till proven guilty"  how much should Gerald Stanley get as "we" took away his rights until the jury declared him innocent? Just think of his life from now on, that's got to be worth at least ten million? 

What is Canada doing to get  Guantanamo Bay shut down today? How many more detainees are the Canadian taxpayer going to be financially responsible for? 

Edited by Thinkinoutsidethebox
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, ?Impact said:

I agree, as long as all those redneck hate mongers get charged with indoctrinating their children that generally happens.

Excuse me but...

What is it you object to, in the things a "redneck" would teach/indoctrinate their kids?

My Dad would be classified as a "redneck" so...please...proceed. I'm quite curious. 

On 2/28/2018 at 2:04 AM, PIK said:

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018/02/26/report-justin-trudeau-appoints-former-omar-khadr-lawyer-canadas-federal-court/

What is wrong with our leader, he just loves anyone or anything that deals with his buddies the terrorists. This is sickening.

Are you saying Omar is a terrorist?

If you are you are an ignorant brain dead hate filled clot. Grow up. 

• 1 month later...

It is a real disaster where this world is headed. For the most part, expunging a Federal Conviction is not possible. What you want if you have a federal felony conviction is felony record expungement, if you can get it. Felony record expungement is much preferable because when your record is deleted, it is as if the conviction never existed in the first place. Only a person guilty of a minor drug offense under the Controlled Substances may expunge their record. Many people hire a lower from https://www.erasethecase.com/blog/what-does-a-florida-expungement-lawyer-do/ to erase a crime earlier than 10 years.

Edited by Restaurateur