Justin Trudeau, another Kardashian

Message added by Charles Anthony

merged into this thread

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-purchase-04b602126/

Have you ever seen an organism with a more singular function to their existence ?  Even amoeba float sideways once in awhile.  The "ad man" of the 1960s is the man of the past.  He can't withstand the forward march of a million viral campaigns against him.  

18 hours ago, August1991 said:

Am I wrong?

I am tired of this guy and his tattoos, instagrams, photoshoots, obvious photoshops.

He's obviously manufactured fake.

And to add, he'll hug or embrace anyone at the drop of a hat. The latest occasion is when he met with Colten Boushie's mother.

Ms. Baptiste said she had been unable to sleep last night because she was so anxious ahead of the meeting. She said Mr. Trudeau greeted her by name and embraced her, and when they sat down she told him about her son and what kind of person he was. And then she told the story of what her family has been through since the night he died.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/coulten-boushies-mother-meets-with-trudeau-it-feels-like-theres-going-to-be-a-change/article37966035/

Can Trudeau not exercise his duties as Prime Minister without wrapping his arms around some (female) Canadians?

image.png.0f6c41f6504f5fbce31fcaf7a3aa2d9b.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

What was his blood alcohol level?

I know a drunk when I see it. I have done some major drinking in my time.  And when you are stumbling and then, the old hands on the hip, with the I am not drunk look on his face tells it all. I know he is your boy and will defend him to the end, but his party better look into this or it could get worse. He could be breaking under the pressure and that is not good for him or the country.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2018 at 12:46 AM, August1991 said:

Am I wrong?

I am tired of this guy and his tattoos, instagrams, photoshoots, obvious photoshops.

He's obviously manufactured fake.

What were people expecting? He was never going to be a great, or even good PM. He ran on the name, that's it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2018 at 1:03 PM, AngusThermopyle said:

On the other hand it could be great for the country. If he goes too far down that particular rabbit hole he could be removed. That would be a win win for Canada.

I was trying to be nice.

On 2/15/2018 at 12:09 AM, August1991 said:

Yet.

While driving recently in Montreal, a (female) friend, immigrant, Canadian citizen said to me (I translate):

"He's the most beautiful leader in the world. He's more beautiful than you!"  

I'm about to meet her again. 

Hardly a scientific sample but I'll report on her opinion.

======

In a "modern" democracy, each citizen has one single ballot.

(I reckon that in the future, the right to vote will be restricted to a person who has paid taxes. That's how Condo associations operate.)

Edited by August1991

Many years ago the science fiction writer Robert A Heinlein proposed that a voter must earn the right to vote. His book Starship Troopers further expounded on this idea. There is a lot to be said in favour of this proposition. It would help ensure voters who are invested in the process rather than voters who cast a ballot on a whim or for trivial reasons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

Many years ago the science fiction writer Robert A Heinlein proposed that a voter must earn the right to vote. His book Starship Troopers further expounded on this idea. There is a lot to be said in favour of this proposition. It would help ensure voters who are invested in the process rather than voters who cast a ballot on a whim or for trivial reasons.

Plato also had a good idea about it.  In many ways, it seems like a better design than democracy based on misinformation and identity politics.

• Like 1