Trudeau denies funding for student summer jobs.

taxme

The liberal government of Trudeau will ban any employer receiving summer job grants for students if the employer doesn't first sign "attestation" that they agree with abortion and transgender rights. The new criteria was sent to all MP's when the Canada summer jobs officially opens on December 19th, 2017. 

Well, there we have it. We have ourselves a prime mistake for a leader who says that if an employer has a different opinion and beliefs that are not in line with this present day liberal dictator they will not get any grants. This just shows us how Trudeau and the liberal government have their biases and are all for abortions and for the promotion of the perverted sexual lifestyle that so many Canadians are against. This guy needs to go. But I am afraid that this creep might just elected again and even make more laws in favor of more indecency and immorality. Canada is becoming worse by the day. 

Source: Lifestyle News. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, taxme said:

We have ourselves a prime mistake for a leader who says that if an employer has a different opinion and beliefs that are not in line with this present day liberal dictator they will not get any grants.

Yes, if you don't support the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, then you don't get any taxpayer money from Canada. Simple, isn't is. Nothing to do with the 'liberal dictator', just basic simple being Canadian. If you want to be a foreign owned company that loves to trample over peoples rights, then don't expect the Canadian taxpayer to support you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ?Impact said:

Yes, if you don't support the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, then you don't get any taxpayer money from Canada. Simple, isn't is. Nothing to do with the 'liberal dictator', just basic simple being Canadian. If you want to be a foreign owned company that loves to trample over peoples rights, then don't expect the Canadian taxpayer to support you.

What is going on here is that no Canadian or company has the right to their own opinion and point of view and beliefs. Big daddy government knows best. It would appear as though one of these days anyone looking for a job with the government may have to do the same thing and sign away their charter of rights for a job with the federal government. What is wrong with people like you anyway? Can you not see the dangers in this? Personally, I don't want to be a Canadian like you. I believe in freedom of speech and conscious.

No, but let's support the Trudeau dictator that we should all follow his example and beliefs as to how things should be done in Canada. Canadians must never allow themselves to challenge the taboo and sacred cow of political correctness and must never question anything that the prime mistake of Canada and his liberal government says or does. You appear to really do want to live in a communist society, don't you? If I do not want to hire you because you are gay than that should be my right. You have no right to force me to hire that gay especially if it violates my religious Christian beliefs. Would you expect a Muslim to hire a gay person even though hiring some gay would go against their religious beliefs?  Well????? 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

What is going on here is that no Canadian or company has the right to their own opinion and point of view and beliefs.

First thing you should do before making a fool of yourself is reading/understanding what the attestation actually says. Your opening statement shows you clearly either haven't or can't.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, if you don't support the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, then you don't get any taxpayer money from Canada. Simple, isn't is.

Not exactly....as access to "reproductive services" is severely restricted in at least two provinces that still get plenty of Canadian taxpayer money.

https://www.vice.com/da/article/gqmqn9/abortion-access-in-the-maritimes-298

Not so simple.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, if you don't support the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, then you don't get any taxpayer money from Canada. Simple, isn't is. 

1. The Charter binds governments, not individuals. 
2. Reproductive rights are not in the Charter. Nor have they been read in by the SC.

41 minutes ago, taxme said:

No, but let's support the Trudeau dictator

Let me give you a basic primer on Canadian politics. We don't have dictators, we have democratically elected governments. Trudeau gets to lead the current one due to the outcome of the last national election.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Let me give you a basic primer on Canadian politics. We don't have dictators, we have democratically elected governments. Trudeau gets to lead the current one due to the outcome of the last national election.

Nothing wrong with complaining about total tossers who get themselves elected based on something other than capability though, right?

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

1. It's a very strange thing, and  wrong, for a government to ask people their thoughts before giving them my money. 

2. I don't like it at all.

1. I agree.

2. I agree.

It actually wouldn't withstand a charter challenge, I think.  If I said "I don't support abortion for religious reasons" the government would say "Too bad, no money for you" ?

That seems so wrong and so arbitrary.

5 hours ago, ?Impact said:

You are incorrect.  There is nothing in the Charter of Rights which says anything about abortion.  No law has been passed to make abortion legal either.  It is Trudeau's personal progressive crusade driving this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are incorrect.  There is nothing in the Charter of Rights which says anything about abortion.  No law has been passed to make abortion legal either.  It is Trudeau's personal progressive crusade driving this.

You are correct in that there is no law regarding abortion, therefore it is legal to have one. You simply can't refuse to hire someone and pay them with federal funds if you disagree with their view of abortion if it happens to disagree with yours.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I agree.

2. I agree.

It actually wouldn't withstand a charter challenge, I think.  If I said "I don't support abortion for religious reasons" the government would say "Too bad, no money for you" ?

That seems so wrong and so arbitrary.

Wrong on both counts. Obviously you failed to read/understand the attestation. You simply can't disqualify someone from a federally funded job based on their stance on abortion.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

And I'm sure you can't deny access to a government program due to their religion.

Interesting point because in addition to Christian no doubt making this declaration would not sit well with either Muslim or Jew. Pretty sure this will have to be changed.

I finally had to go read something on this.  What a joke!

The groups the government is targeting are ones that routinely misled federal officials about the nature of their organizations and the jobs the students would perform, Hajdu said. She said departmental and political staff tried unsuccessfully to screen out these groups.

"It was actually practically impossible to catch them all. So the advice that we received was to have groups attest to the fact that they would, in fact, not ask students to conduct activities that undermine basic Canadian rights," she said after a meeting with her provincial and territorial counterparts.

Yes, the affirmation ought to do the trick.  That'll stop those groups that routinely mislead the federal government about the nature of their organizations and the jobs the students would perform.  I'm sure it will never occur to them to tick the box.  That would be misleading the federal governme...   Wait a minute!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/religious-leaders-call-on-trudeau-to-reverse-funding-policy-for-summer-jobs-program/article37737390/

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Interesting point because in addition to Christian no doubt making this declaration would not sit well with either Muslim or Jew. Pretty sure this will have to be changed.

Hopefully this will never be changed. As MH just pointed out access to a publicly funded summer job should not be granted based on religion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, taxme said:

What is going on here is that no Canadian or company has the right to their own opinion and point of view and beliefs....

Personally, I don't want to be a Canadian like you. I believe in freedom of speech and conscious.

Nobody is taking away your freedom of speech - period. The more you repeat a lie, the more you look foolish.

23 hours ago, taxme said:

You appear to really do want to live in a communist society, don't you? If I do not want to hire you because you are gay than that should be my right. You have no right to force me to hire that gay especially if it violates my religious Christian beliefs. Would you expect a Muslim to hire a gay person even though hiring some gay would go against their religious beliefs?  Well?????

If you want to discriminate, then don't expect the taxpayer to fund you, in fact expect to land yourself in trouble.

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

You are focused on abortion, that is your problem.

23 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It's a very strange thing, and  wrong, for a government to ask people their thoughts before giving them my money.  I don't like it at all.

Except that is not what it said, not even in the slightest. Why do you continue to tell the same lie again and again, do you expect people to believe your lie?

Edited by ?Impact

23 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not exactly....as access to "reproductive services" is severely restricted in at least two provinces that still get plenty of Canadian taxpayer money.

https://www.vice.com/da/article/gqmqn9/abortion-access-in-the-maritimes-298

Not so simple.....

For those totally fixated on all things Canada, I will explain. If you want access to public funds to hire summer workers you can't deny them based on their religious beliefs.

Quite simple actually.

On 1/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, Omni said:

First thing you should do before making a fool of yourself is reading/understanding what the attestation actually says. Your opening statement shows you clearly either haven't or can't.

Read it all over again. You clearly have not done so.