Who should the Ontario PCs pick as their next leadership candidate

Who should the Ontario PCs pick as their next leader?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Ontario PCs pick as their next leader?

• Christine Elliott
    • Vic Fedeli
    • Lisa MacLeod
    • Caroline Mulroney
    • Doug Ford
    • Steve Clark
    • Rod Phillips
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2018 at 04:00 AM

It looks like Vic Fidelli will be named the "interim" leader today. 

What type of "convention" can you muster in less than a month? 

The party needs to be pragmatic here. You've never had a better chance to topple the McWynnty Liberals. Social Conservatives need to STFU and realize they live in a province/county where social issues are vote losers. 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

It looks like Vic Fidelli will be named the "interim" leader today. 

Why couldn't the PCs go into the elections with Fidelli as interim leader? Since they're pegged to win regardless of who is in charge what's the dif if a leadership convention is held after the vote?

3 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Why couldn't the PCs go into the elections with Fidelli as interim leader? Since they're pegged to win regardless of who is in charge what's the dif if a leadership convention is held after the vote?

Working Family Coalition ads that say if you vote PC's in they'll appoint Donald Trump's surrogate as leader. 

20 minutes ago, Boges said:

Working Family Coalition ads that say if you vote PC's in they'll appoint Donald Trump's surrogate as leader. 

First thing after any PC win they need to ban advertising from groups like that, and then run an investigation to look for evidence of agreements and kickbacks between the public service unions and the Liberal party.

Edited by Argus

IMO, Lisa MacLeod just disqualified herself from the top PC job.

Conservative MPP Lisa MacLeod says she took concerns over MPP Patrick Brown's alleged behaviour to the campaign team "two or three times," last year.

PC war room insiders told her that the reports of "issues about women," were unfounded, she said, without naming who she specifically went to.

"There were lots of things that were percolating that a lot of people heard," the Nepean-Carleton MPP told reporters on her way into the PC caucus meeting Friday.

"People would tell me things so I would float it up the flagpole to the central campaign," said MacLeod. "Certainly when I heard issues about women I would bring those forward." She said she raised the matter with officials "before Christmas."

MacLeod said that she was not surprised when the women came forward, instead she said she was "quite relieved," and now wants Brown out of caucus.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/pc-mpp-macleod-says-she-shared-info-about-brown-last-year-with-campaign-officials-1.3776892

If she had any aspiration of running for party leader she should have kept her trap shut with the media.

24 minutes ago, capricorn said:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/pc-mpp-macleod-says-she-shared-info-about-brown-last-year-with-campaign-officials-1.3776892

If she had any aspiration of running for party leader she should have kept her trap shut with the media.

It seems Brown was a bit of a horndog. These allegations don't seem to be a shock to people that knew him. 

50 minutes ago, capricorn said:

She done did herself in ,with those comments. John Baird anyone?

12 hours ago, capricorn said:

Well now we know it was not the liberals who leaked this but obviously the Conservatives who were bitter against Brown, Brown was viewed as too liberal by his caucus, they never wanted him to win and opposed him from day one.

12 hours ago, ?Impact said:

If this is true, why the frig didn't anyone, including her, do something long ago. This reeks bad.

The voters wanted Brown because he had the best chance of beating Wynne. Now the PCs will run an unpopular bore and lose, and get what they want, the PCs are paid to lose, it is how they keep their donations high.

If I were Christine Elliot, I would give, uh, everything to Vic Federeli. And I'd be a, uh, mentor to Caroline Mulroney.

=====

With this change, Wynne and the Ontario Liberals have little hope.

This story was either an "inside job" or organised by the NDP. 

Edited by August1991

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

With this change, Wynne and the Ontario Liberals have little hope.

This story was either an "inside job" or organised by the NDP. 

That's some thinking there.  I never thought of the NDP.  After Lisa MacLeod reported Brown, there would have been many who knew about him. 

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

If I were Christine Elliot, I would give, uh, everything to Vic Federeli. And I'd be a, uh, mentor to Caroline Mulroney.

Federeli is a loser. He made a power play right after getting named interim leader and lost. I'm also not at all impressed with how he treated the Brown thing. Unthinking acceptance of the story of the anonymous accusers without even hearing Brown's side. And a third reason to not want Federelli, the people who stabbed Brown in the back, including his former chief of staff, are now working for him. Even if Brown was my political enemy I would never accept a guy who would help craft a public statement for Brown, pretend I would be there with him when he gave it, then resigned publicly by twitter while he was in front of the cameras.

Edited by Argus

2 hours ago, Boges said:

DoFo's thrown his hat in. 

God Help us All. 

I don't know. I continue to be baffled about how Rob Ford won in Toronto, the most liberal place in this province. On the other hand, I haven't seen the same charisma in Doug.

Edited by Argus

“Right now this party needs strong leadership. Someone who’s ready to clean up the mess and lead us into the June election,” said the former Toronto councillor.

“I had every intention of running for mayor of this great city, but I can’t watch the party I love fall into the hands of the elites. The elites have shut the door on the grassroots, the foundation of our party,” he said.

“Make no mistake about it, the elites of this party, the ones who have shut out the grassroots, do not want me in this race. But I’m here to give you a voice.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/01/29/doug-ford-expected-to-make-announcement-at-noon-monday.html

From everything I have heard and read, Doug Ford can deliver the votes for the PC Party in Toronto. I may have been hasty in voting for Christine Elliott in this poll cause I did not think DoFo would run for the party leadership and Elliott has not yet said she would run. I have been waiting for a conservative voice in this PC Party; DoFo may just be what I was waiting for.