Iran needs some democracy

GostHacked

14 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

That's what folks said about Japan post WW2.

They may have said it, but it is a logistic nightmare, Iran has a real army, it is protected by Russia on one side, mountains on the south, a capital that basically straddles an inland ocean attached to Russia.  I mean short of bringing back the draft, you wouldn't be able to occupy Iran.  Iran has missiles that can strike most of the bases USA has in Asia.  Its missiles can hit US bases in Germany.  Japan could not hit US military bases, well except pearl harbour.  And it devastated America. 

9 hours ago, H10 said:

They may have said it, but it is a logistic nightmare, Iran has a real army, it is protected by Russia on one side, mountains on the south, a capital that basically straddles an inland ocean attached to Russia.  I mean short of bringing back the draft, you wouldn't be able to occupy Iran.  Iran has missiles that can strike most of the bases USA has in Asia.  Its missiles can hit US bases in Germany.  Japan could not hit US military bases, well except pearl harbour.  And it devastated America. 

Big tough Iran, eh? LOL

Not sure why we are even discussing the military option here which is "Option Impossible". It was said economic and political pressure. Economic pressure on a bankrupt regime who is using oil revenue for self preservation while the people live in poverty. Political pressure by condemning acts of brutality and suppression of defenseless on streets and in jails. 

There is NO military option. It is up to Iranians to achieve this democracy by themselves for themselves and only with help from democratic countries and as was said that help must come in the shape of economic and political pressure. Please no more nonsense about a military invasion which will NEVER happen and no Iranian or any opposition struggling for liberation of Iran wants or even suggested as an option Let's live in real world not a fictitious one..

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Peaceful demonstrations for democracy continues in Iran most recently by lion hearted Iranian women.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/01/29/women-in-iran-publicly-remove-hijabs-to-protest-countrys-islamic-dress-code.html

In spite of harsh penalties they continue. Really brave and deserve our support.

Well, sadly, they're not going to get any support from Canada or the West.  In Canada, the hijab is a completely innocent article of clothing, viewed as nothing more than an exotic and beautiful cultural/religious garment with no harmful effect on women and girls.  :(

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Well, sadly, they're not going to get any support from Canada or the West.  In Canada, the hijab is a completely innocent article of clothing, viewed as nothing more than an exotic and beautiful cultural/religious garment with no harmful effect on women and girls.  :(

Well it is the mandatory nature of hijab which is the issue here and those brave lion hearted females risking their lives fighting for their freedom of choice (basic human rights and women's rights) deserves our full support and must and will get support from democracies like Canada and the West. Although as I have stated I view hijab as symbol of suppression of women however, I have no issue with it if it is a choice like many those hijab wearing females in Canada and the West.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/borzoudaragahi/wearing-the-hijab-is-mandatory-in-iran-now-women-are?utm_term=.tk4JeYjW4G#.xnLKkY469b

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

7 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Well it is the mandatory nature of hijab which is the issue here and those brave lion hearted females risking their lives fighting for their freedom of choice (basic human rights and women's rights) deserves our full support and must and will get support from democracies like Canada and the West. Although as I have stated I view hijab as symbol of suppression of women however, I have no issue with it if it is a choice like many those hijab wearing females in Canada and the West.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/borzoudaragahi/wearing-the-hijab-is-mandatory-in-iran-now-women-are?utm_term=.tk4JeYjW4G#.xnLKkY469b

Islam just has the distinction of SUCKING THE MOST out of the three desert cults. Violent, oppressive, bigoted...plus a few I've surly missed. 

We should be making Moon bases...not kissing butt to the 7th century. Yet here we are...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam just has the distinction of SUCKING THE MOST out of the three desert cults. Violent, oppressive, bigoted...plus a few I've surly missed. 

We should be making Moon bases...not kissing butt to the 7th century. Yet here we are...

Yes I see bigotry. YOURS. You are as bad as hateful ISIS who hate other believers but on opposite side.

The article was about democracy and appreciation of bravery, but you just mud it up with your statement.

If you make wearing hijab illegal then you are as bad as those who make it mandatory. Because that makes you against freedom of choice and women's rights. An A-hole.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

This is what hijab "democracy" logically leads to....face covering protests (in this case Australia):

04465650.jpg&w=1484

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/10/28/why-a-protester-wore-a-ku-klux-klan-outfit-to-australias-parliament/?utm_term=.5419efff1c8e

Edited by bush_cheney2004

35 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Those are brave women indeed in defiance of rigid rules set by the theocratic regime. They ate risking their lives to earn the freedom they deserve.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

We should be building cities on the moon by now, instead though we decided to concentrate as much wealth as possible into the hands of a few already ridiculously wealthy people and fuck much of world over in the process.  Islam simply has the distinction of reacting to that less meekly is all.

17 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Yes I see bigotry. YOURS. You are as bad as hateful ISIS who hate other believers but on opposite side.

The article was about democracy and appreciation of bravery, but you just mud it up with your statement.

If you make wearing hijab illegal then you are as bad as those who make it mandatory. Because that makes you against freedom of choice and women's rights. An A-hole.

1500 years of Islam attacking the West proves my point. History is on my side. Ataturk's era is over.

I never said ban anything...nice strawman.

• Like 1

1500 years ago the West did not exist or at least not in a civilized form. There were the Romans, the Persians, the Egyptions who had empires with civilizations and ruled the world.

And this is another article/video. Please don't mud up these acts of bravery  from democracy seeking females with hateful statements who desparately need your support and those of freedom loving people.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/30/middleeast/iran-hijab-protests-vida-mohaved-intl/index.html

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

52 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Although as I have stated I view hijab as symbol of suppression of women however, I have no issue with it if it is a choice like many those hijab wearing females in Canada and the West.

It's not just a "symbol" of oppression of women.  It's a symbol of support of radical Islamist beliefs.

Yes.  if someone "chooses" to wear it, that is most definitely a choice they can make.  My issue is that we do not have to respect that choice.  We do not have to cater to it, we do not have to kowtow to it, we do not have to buy into the lie that it is harmless and about "women's choice of dress."  It's NONE of those things.  It is a public show of support for radical islam.

I have no problem being vocal about it, the same as I would be vocal about someone who "chooses" to wear a KKK hood or a Nazi swastika t-shirt.  They are all 3 - exactly the same.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

1500 years ago the West did not exist or at least not in a civilized form. There were the Romans, the Persians, the Egyptions who had empires with civilizations and ruled the world.

And this is another article/video. Please don't mud up these acts of bravery from democracy seeking females who desparately need your support and those of freedom loving people with hateful statements.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/30/middleeast/iran-hijab-protests-vida-mohaved-intl/index.html

The West's origins goes back to the Ionian Revolt...well before Islam.

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

It's not just a "symbol" of oppression of women.  It's a symbol of support of radical Islamist beliefs.

No because many non-radical Muslims choose to wear it. Just last Saturday in a dance bar I saw a young female wearing hijab and was dancing with her boy friend or male friend. Please do not paint everyone with one brush.

2 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

No because many non-radical Muslims choose to wear it. Just last Saturday in a dance bar I saw a young female wearing hijab and was dancing with her boy friend or male friend. Please do not paint everyone with one brush.

Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi.

This whole "choice" thing is bizarre to me in the first place.  I can't bleive we in the West are buying into the lie that it is a "choice" and it's about women being free to wear whatever they want.

If you see someone who never leaves the house without sporting some kind of Nazi propaganda-wear and  you ask about it, they say, "Well, I don't support the ideology, but I am free to wear whatever I want."  Would you believe them?  I wouldn't believe them any more than I believe that the women who say they don't suport the ideology of radical Islam.  Of course they support it!  They're wearing its logo!

• Like 1

Just now, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Please lets get back to the democracy in Iran. Thread hijacking is not nice when its affect would be covering up acts of bravery.

Sorry, Oskar. Let me fix your pin.

Iranians have called for the return of the Shah...sounds good to me. A Western friendly parliamentary democracy with the young Shah as the figurehead.  

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Please lets get back to the democracy movement in Iran. Thread hijacking is not nice when its result would be overshadowing acts of bravery.

You are correct.  My apologies.

Yes, it's wonderful that women in Iran are fighting this.  Where they need support from, though, is not from the West.  It's from their Muslim sisters in the West.  And unfortunately, Muslims in the West are not behind their sisters in the Middle East.

• Like 1

Just now, Goddess said:

You are correct.  My apologies.

Yes, it's wonderful that women in Iran are fighting this.  Where they need support from, though, is not from the West.  It's from their Muslim sisters in the West.  And unfortunately, Muslims in the West are not behind their sisters in the Middle East.

This whole Hijab Revolt thing is unfortunately against the narrative the media wishes to put forth. Similar to South African farmers getting the chop...look the other way.

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why only from Muslim women in the West!!!!!!? Why such limitations!!!!. Why should you not as a feminist support your sisters too? Because they may be of different religion (some may not be even Muslims)? But foremost they are women struggling to earn their rights. They deserve support from ALL feminists, freedom loving people in the world regardless of religion, national origin, gendre or beliefs.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Thanks 1