Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas. 

Well, it would appear as though saying Merry Christmas is alright to say to someone now. In Canada it is starting to return, and this may be due to Donald Trump who has said that saying Merry Christmas to anyone now is alright. It seems that it always has to take an American to say or do or start something and then Canadians will follow. So, now it would appear as though it is going to be safe to say Merry Christmas, so I will wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year. 

Merry Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

You can go back every year for Obama, or George Bush, Clinton, etc. Only Trump followers believe stories that their dear leader says because.... well because they are....  well, I can't say that either, but you know.

The word you're looking for is stupid.

Nobody that stupid deserves a Merry Xmas.

I really appreciate seeing this.

As a society we are recognizing diversity, which is a good thing. The concept of being completely neutral when we speak of religious issues is unnecessary and I appreciate you saying this.

We do not need to be afraid to celebrate and promote our own religious holidays, even if other people who could theoretically be reading this right now don't necessarily celebrate these holidays.

Merry Christmas!

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's head of state, Queen Elizabeth, will deliver her usual Royal Christmas Message on Christmas Day.

Yes, she has been doing that all of my life. I remember listening to her on CBC way back in the 60's, but admit I haven't listened much in recent years. It would be interesting to have a poll on how often people listen to her Christmas Message.

18 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada's head of state, Queen Elizabeth, will deliver her usual Royal Christmas Message on Christmas Day.

I'm sure it will be dignified and intelligent - as compared to anything the sulky orange blowhard might have to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Thanks, Merry Christmas! I have noticed that many more people are saying it this year. I wonder, is that what others are experiencing as well?

That's due to Trump's making Christmas great again !  I'm sure we'll be thankful as future events unfold also, such as his imprisonment, the pending NK nuclear attack, the collapse of the economy and the arrival of the new Dickensian future for the hoards of American ignorants who rally behind such things.

Happy Christmas to MLW American(s) also :D

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's due to Trump's making Christmas great again !  I'm sure we'll be thankful as future events unfold also, such as his imprisonment, the pending NK nuclear attack, the collapse of the economy and the arrival of the new Dickensian future for the hoards of American ignorants who rally behind such things.

Happy Christmas to MLW American(s) also :D

It's true, he did  say he'd stop the war on Christmas. Well from what I hear Americans got a nice little tax break, that should make for a more merry Christmas.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:08 AM, LonJowett said:

I can't believe these Trumpers are trying to politicize Christmas now with fake news BS that nobody said merry Christmas before. I used to not be sure if they were lying or stupid, but now I know it's both. Also immoral and leaches too.

It became a fact many decades ago that most corporations and businesses and schools and especially politically correct politicians felt that saying Merry Christmas would offend some other religions and cultures so saying Merry Christmas was pretty much banned. Multiculturalism had plenty to do with that banning. 

Of course, many people said Merry Christmas to each other and that was done between them and their friends or family at Christmas time. No one was banned from saying Merry Christmas. So, quit with your "Trumpers" bull, and that politicizing of Christmas nonsense. It was always a part of the Canadian tradition to say Merry Christmas until left wing liberals decided many years ago that saying Merry Christmas would be just to offensive to other cultures and religions to say it. Go away. 

On 12/22/2017 at 7:39 AM, Argus said:

What is this.... Christmas thing? I've never heard of it before!

That is because you have become to multicultural and to politically correct. Have you ever heard of Ramadan or Hanukkah though? Just asking. :D

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2017 at 8:09 AM, ?Impact said:

You can go back every year for Obama, or George Bush, Clinton, etc. Only Trump followers believe stories that their dear leader says because.... well because they are....  well, I can't say that either, but you know.

Well, Trump did say that Merry Christmas is back. Trump must have said it for a reason. Merry Christmas Mr. Trump. :D

On 12/22/2017 at 2:01 PM, Andrew8486 said:

I really appreciate seeing this.

As a society we are recognizing diversity, which is a good thing. The concept of being completely neutral when we speak of religious issues is unnecessary and I appreciate you saying this.

We do not need to be afraid to celebrate and promote our own religious holidays, even if other people who could theoretically be reading this right now don't necessarily celebrate these holidays.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you also. :) 

23 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And that will surely be ignored by the francos in Quebec who have said many times that the Queen of England was not their head of state. They will probably be waiting to hear from their head of state Mssr. Trudeau. Maybe Bonhomme Carnival could probably become their head of state one day.  :D