Cannabis

Flint

2 minutes ago, Machjo said:

You accused me of supporting dictatorships because I support strict regulations.

More specifically it was because of the Singaporean model of enforcement that you lauded.

Then you said you have nothing against regulation yourself. So where do we draw the arbitrary line at which regulation becomes dictatorial?

When the regulation is enforced according to your wishes - to reiterate, Trudeau failed to draw Canada's line far enough away from that for my liking. 

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

More specifically it was because of the Singaporean model of enforcement that you lauded.

When the regulation is enforced according to your wishes - to reiterate, Trudeau failed to draw Canada's line far enough away from that for my liking. 

Thank you. Now that I have a clearer understanding of how you define dictatorship, then yes, I guess by that definition, I do support dictatorship.

8 hours ago, Machjo said:

Thank you. Now that I have a clearer understanding of how you define dictatorship, then yes, I guess by that definition, I do support dictatorship.

I define it as Singapore, like you.  You support a system of government as practiced by an extremely conservative political party that has not lost an election since it gained independence, suppresses a free press and opposition and boasts one of the highest execution rates in the world. You need a police permit to hold a public gathering bigger than 5 people in Singapore.

That's authoritarianism and synonymous enough with dictatorship for any sober assessment.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I define it as Singapore, like you.  You support a system of government as practiced by an extremely conservative political party that has not lost an election since it gained independence, suppresses a free press and opposition and boasts one of the highest execution rates in the world. You need a police permit to hold a public gathering bigger than 5 people in Singapore.

That's authoritarianism and synonymous enough with dictatorship for any sober assessment.

Ah, now I understand. I expressed agreement in principle with Singapore's drug and gambling policies and you took that as support for everything Singapore stands for.

Following that logic, since I prefer to eat vegan and so did Hitler, I guess that makes me a Nazi too.

19 minutes ago, Machjo said:

Ah, now I understand. I expressed agreement in principle with Singapore's drug and gambling policies and you took that as support for everything Singapore stands for.

No, it was your expression of admiration for authoritarianism in general. Your admiration is like a jolt of high-octane gasoline to politicians who share your admiration - its more than just support, its effectively licencing it.    

Following that logic, since I prefer to eat vegan and so did Hitler, I guess that makes me a Nazi too.

Whatever floats your boat, just keep your effing dictatorship off my back

There is such a thing as excess of liberty. Why do you think that today 17% of people in France would favour a return to a monarchy?

When society pushes liberty to excess, it feeds a reaction. The same applies when it suppresses liberty to excess too. We need to find a happy medium. In many Western societies today, we have swung way too far towards excessive liberty.

1 hour ago, Machjo said:

There is such a thing as excess of liberty. Why do you think that today 17% of people in France would favour a return to a monarchy?

Probably the same reason Millenials in Russia love Putin, they don't know any better.

When society pushes liberty to excess, it feeds a reaction. The same applies when it suppresses liberty to excess too. We need to find a happy medium.

A happy medium between a shrinking waterhole and expanding behavioural sink? Good luck with that.

In many Western societies today, we have swung way too far towards excessive liberty.

That sentiment seems like an excessive over-reaction   Just how far is too far and do you propose just stopping progress where it is for a spell (how long) or actually dialing back liberties (how far)?  Quantify what you're proposing.  Is it safe to assume it includes re-instituting the death penalty?  

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Cannabis is not such a harmful substance. Many studies show that it can help with brain cell development, and I don't think it's bad for her depression and anxiety. On the contrary, it can help her a lot, and the best way to control her marijuana use is to talk to her about it and maybe even give it to her. The best solution, buy it at https://topgrows.com/purple-moon-rocks/ or grow it at home. That way, you will have control over what and how much she uses, which is the best way to do it. If you forbid her to do it, she will smoke whenever she goes out with friends.

Edited by JoeHaley

After being legal all this time, almost every member of a seniors society board approached me one at a time whispering not to tell anyone but there was this THC/CBD rub that could really help with the arthritis in my back. Must be forve of habit!

( I had some of it in my back pocket. after about 5 days, i put the cane away and haven't touched it in over a year now ). My Doctor also said to me I'd grown up in the 1960s so I should bloody well know what to use for pain. Oh right, I do remember playing a whole football quarter at 21 with a broken foot...

• 4 months later...

Why would Grocery Inc. buy such a product when they can buy apples from Peru for 15c and charge you $3.99/lb because they 'have to be imported' ? They won't even stock local outdoor grown apples because they'd have to pay 60c/lb.

Aside from that what "all that greenhouse space"? Something you just heard about in gossip, or made up all by yourself?

Edited by herbie

On 12/14/2017 at 1:07 AM, Flint said:

I don't believe for one moment that the legalization of this drug will benefit my country in any way, shape, or form to create a more informed and aware populace of who we are and final end.

It won't...really. it'll have a similar but perhaps slower and less violent affect on society...to alcohol.

Pick ur poison.

Imagine just how many repeat violent offenders they'd be releasing back on the streets if they were still tying up the courts with simple possession charges like it was 1953. Big enough problem as it is now.

I don't think it will ever be as big a problem as alcohol. Giggling and nodding off in front of the TV, humping the wife instead of beating on her and crashing cars at 3mph?
Plus I've never even met anyone who couldn't give it up if they wanted to. AFAIC far easier to quit pot than cigarettes.

BTW Manitoba is removing a 6% added tax at pot stores thinking it will reduce illegal buying even more.

Edited by herbie