Cannabis

Flint

9 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

You cannot overdose on weed. But alcohol WILL kill you in excess.

People have overdosed on weed. It's not common but it happens. People have become hooked on it too.

What would be so wronf about regulating pot similarly to how Singgapore regulates gambling whereby we could allow a person to exclude himself and require buyers ti scan their ID and fingerprint to ensure they're not self-exlcluded before selling to him?

1 minute ago, Machjo said:

People have overdosed on weed. It's not common but it happens. People have become hooked on it too.

What would be so wronf about regulating pot similarly to how Singgapore regulates gambling whereby we could allow a person to exclude himself and require buyers ti scan their ID and fingerprint to ensure they're not self-exlcluded before selling to him?

How does one overdose on pot? I'll say pot is habit forming, but not really addictive. I do drink and I do smoke pot, and I get more irritable if I don't have a beer over a joint.

Your second sentence does not make a lot of sense.

6 hours ago, Machjo said:

Nope. Never an overdose. Never. Not possible. Not physically addictive either, but terribly habit forming because it makes everything more pleasurable.

13 hours ago, eyeball said:

Just curious about where you get your ideas from.

Know your enemy and all that.

I'm no enemy of addicts. I'm just trying to help them. Self-exclusion from gambling venues has benefited many gambling addicts in Singapore for example, so why not apply the same principle to recreational drugs? Do you not care about helping addicts?

27 minutes ago, Machjo said:

I'm no enemy of addicts. I'm just trying to help them. Self-exclusion from gambling venues has benefited many gambling addicts in Singapore for example, so why not apply the same principle to recreational drugs? Do you not care about helping addicts?

Just like overdose of marijuana is "dissimilar" from overdose of other drugs, so addiction is dissimilar. You can smoke it every day for years and quit cold turkey without any consequential physical effects. The only problem is it might be difficult to do when faced with the bleak reality of life with no more pleasant buzz. So speaking as an addict, please don't help.

28 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Just like overdose of marijuana is "dissimilar" from overdose of other drugs, so addiction is dissimilar. You can smoke it every day for years and quit cold turkey without any consequential physical effects. The only problem is it might be difficult to do when faced with the bleak reality of life with no more pleasant buzz. So speaking as an addict, please don't help.

Most gambling addicts don't experience physical withdrawals either, yet self-exclusion has still proved beneficial. Oh, by the way, self-exclusion does not prevent the non-self-excluded from entering. It would just require them to scan their ID card and fingerprint to ensure they are not self-excluded. Once confirmed, they could enter the shop and buy to their heart's content. It would just mean that those who do exclude themselves could not enter.

Again, why are you against helping those addicts who might want help quitting?

2 hours ago, Machjo said:

Not when they advocate for dictatorship, screw em'. They deserve fentanyl.

8 hours ago, Machjo said:

Who's advocating for dictatorship?

You for one. You're in good company though if that's any consolation, authoritarianism is enjoying a real renaissance these days.  Feted and respected like never before.  The world would be a better place if everyone who actively encourages or otherwise respects it simply evaporated.  I don't care how pathetic their excuse is because there is no excuse.

Active support for and propping up a dictatorship, especially when its done officially, should be near and at times even at the very top of the list of crimes that can be committed against humanity.

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

You for one. You're in good company though if that's any consolation, authoritarianism is enjoying a real renaissance these days.  Feted and respected like never before.  The world would be a better place if everyone who actively encourages or otherwise respects it simply evaporated.  I don't care how pathetic their excuse is because there is no excuse.

Active support for and propping up a dictatorship, especially when its done officially, should be near and at times even at the very top of the list of crimes that can be committed against humanity.

Firstly, you're confusing dictatorship with authoritarianism. They are not the same thing.

Secondly, you're ignoring that a spectrum can exist between authoritarianism and liberalism.

Thirdly, different kinds of authoritarianism exists. For example, I'm for open borders, unilateral free trade, and free movement of people. If we compared ourselves on that front, I'm guessing you'd probably lean far more towards authoritarianism than I would.

When it comes to addictive products and services, I stand far more towards authoritarianism than you do.

So, who's more authoritarian between the two of us? I guess it would depend on what policies we're discussing, no?

If you don't support open borders, does that mean you advocate for dictatorship?

Edited by Machjo

Drink your marijuana.

Denver-based Molson Coors Brewing Co. is weighing whether to expand into the sector with Canada poised to legalize the drug for recreational use this October. The brewer is said to have held talks with several Canadian-based marijuana companies to invest and collaborate in cannabis-infused beverages in an attempt to halt declining beer sales, according to a Friday report from BNN Bloomberg, citing several unidentified people familiar with the matter.

http://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/molson-coors-said-to-be-in-talks-with-marijuana-companies-about-infused-beverages

Two highs in one. :lol:

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Facepalm.

Would I describe Singapore as authoritarian? Somewhat, albeit more democratic than authoritarian but that always exists along a spectrum.

Would i call Singapore a dictatorship? Nothing of the sort.

Interesting though how you seem to want to avoid any discussion of any position in which you might hold more authoritarian views than I would like in trade and immigration. Why is something reprehensibly oppressive only when it involves regulating something you don't want regulated but it's fine if it regulates something you don't mind regulating?

6 hours ago, Machjo said:

How does that not make you a supporter of dictatorships then?

Get a grip.

Where do we draw the arbitrary line?

You drew it in Singapore and Trudeau didn't draw it far enough away from Singapore, of course he's renowned for his admiration of dictators too so...