Cannabis

Flint

8 hours ago, Flint said:

I don't believe for one moment that the legalization of this drug will benefit my country in any way, shape, or form to create a more informed and aware populace of who we are and final end.

Right then. Now don't bogart that joint, my friend. Pass it over to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The dopers whined about legalization for decades, now they are whining about the prices ?    Too funny....

Decriminalization is probably the best course. 

The price is important because without a competitive price, the black market won't go away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a lying piece of excrement JT is. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/trudeau-says-cannabis-will-become-legal-next-summer-not-july-1-1.3728628]

The Canadian Press 
Published Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:58PM EST 

MONTREAL -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says "next summer," and not July 1, is the date cannabis will become legal across the country.

Excerpts of an interview Trudeau gave the TVA network in Quebec were broadcast Tuesday, with the full interview to be shown Wednesday night.

Trudeau shook his head when interviewer Pierre Bruneau asked him why he was so obsessed with July 1 as the date for the cannabis legislation to become law.

Oh so he didn't have any control over the announcements made by his government saying that it would be legalized by July 1? Who on earth buys that? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 1:07 AM, Flint said:

I don't believe for one moment that the legalization of this drug will benefit my country in any way, shape, or form to create a more informed and aware populace of who we are and final end.

If that's what we're using to decide what should be legal, then it follows that we should also ban alcohol, junk food and video games. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, Boges said:

The price is important because without a competitive price, the black market won't go away. 

Disagree.

The government needs to charge enough to cover:

- profits for the provincial government
- profits for the federal government
- profits for the producers, and their costs covered.
- generous salaries and benefits to all government employees involved in the sale and distribution.
- extra money to pay for drug rehab programs etc, to put a good spin on things,

So, based on that, they'll need to have a high price, which they can maintain by ensuring some fentanyl slips into the black market supply, so that people will feel more comfortable going to the MCBO instead of the local drug dealer. It worked for alcohol. You could get illegal moonshine for $5 a bottle, but do we know anyone who does that?

11 minutes ago, Jariax said:

So, based on that, they'll need to have a high price, which they can maintain by ensuring some fentanyl slips into the black market supply, so that people will feel more comfortable going to the MCBO instead of the local drug dealer. It worked for alcohol. You could get illegal moonshine for $5 a bottle, but do we know anyone who does that?

It only works with Alcohol because the upfront investment in making good Alcohol means a black market isn't feasible. People do make Moonshine, but it's difficult to get warehouses to age bourbon or scotch via the black market. People do make beer and wine on their own but selling cases of beer is a lot more difficult than selling an ounce of cannabis. 

Cannabis can be produced without such an upfront investment. 

And people are used to buying black market weed. In Ontario they'll start with 40 outlets. You think people will travel and lineup to buy legal weed or just use the distribution channels they always have. 

Edited by Boges

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, Boges said:

I don't think it will really go away. It will be reduced no doubt. And when legal, having the ability to grow your own can reduce that price even more. And with being able to grow your own, people might actually learn a good skill about gardening that can transfer to other items.

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

And when legal, having the ability to grow your own can reduce that price even more.

I am wondering what will happen there, I have heard stories that some provinces will not allow home grown and other will limit the number of plants. If I grow my own, can I sell it or give it away? Can a farmer open a weed stall at the local market? I don't think there are black and white answers.

In the beginning laws will be much more restrictive. The number of plants, or the ability to share them with others will be tightly controlled. There is still concern about edibles and concentrates, and hash. In time things will ease up some more, once sphincters have relaxed.

6 hours ago, PIK said:

This has turned in to a cluster fuck, the minute trudeau dumped it all on the provinces. 

Policies regarding marijuana have been a cluster-fuck for almost a 100 years now.  That we would choose to legalize such a deeply politicized and demonized thing in a day and age where fear and loathing highlight virtually everything we do is almost hilarious.

The moral panic is on par with people in a burning theatre.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:42 PM, ?Impact said:

I am wondering what will happen there, I have heard stories that some provinces will not allow home grown and other will limit the number of plants. If I grow my own, can I sell it or give it away? Can a farmer open a weed stall at the local market? I don't think there are black and white answers.

I believe the Ontario regulations will be that you can grow for personal use. Meaning you would not be able to sell anyways. But then I would treat it like any other thing people can grow in a garden themselves so you could 'sell' it.   I would want to grow my own as it would save a lot of money overall.

• 3 weeks later...

The senate has pretty well shut her down. It won't happen any time soon. Great move by the senate. So I guess that was supposed to be the one promise he would not break and it is going to get broke.lol