Jerusalem is Israel's Capital...

4 hours ago, Rue said:

The Arab world remakins  fixated on denying a Jewish state.

As Netanyahu said in the video I posted dating back to 1978, he never supported a two-state solution. Hard to blame just Hamas for the inability to move forward with a two-state solution.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, Rue said:

Not needed. Israelis unlike you are quite clear on where they do not want terrorists situated. You mistake them for you.

Some Jews have expressed that those terrorists should not even be in West Bank!  Again, don't take MY word for it. Take it from the mouths of Israelis.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

My point was obvious...your point was non-existent.

Israel is a well armed ally of the United States...has more teeth than much larger Canada...because it has to.

Your point was obvious, so why bother. Just another chance to prattle on about USAUSAUSA. Are you also aware that USA armed the shit out of the Saudi's under Trump's "brilliance"? You guys do have a serious reputation of making sure wars carry on so the military industrial complex can support your phony economy. 

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

Your point was obvious, so why bother. Just another chance to prattle on about USAUSAUSA. Are you also aware that USA armed the shit out of the Saudi's under Trump's "brilliance"? You guys do have a serious reputation of making sure wars carry on so the military industrial complex can support your phony economy. 

That's right, and Canada stands in line just like all the rest to buy arms Made in the USA.  

Hell, Canada even buys arms from Israel and has a trade agreement....Canada has no trade agreement with Palestine.

But Israel doesn't screw around like Canada when it comes to the IDF protecting its interests in Jerusalem or settlements.

6 hours ago, Omni said:

and while we're at it maybe we should get the US to stop arming the Israeli terrorists.

I assume you mean the Israeli Defense Force. Comparing them to terrorists is one of those things Anti-Semites tend to do.

If the Israelis wanted to terrorize the surrounding nations they would not have much trouble doing so. Instead they simply defend themselves, with considerably more restraint than any of their neighbors do. If anyone not an anti-Semite wants to compare how the Jews retaliate against attacks vs what Syria is doing in its country against insurgents, or what the Saudis are doing in Yemen, or what the Egyptians are doing in The Sinai, or what Iraqis have done or Iranians or...

But no, the Jews have to be held to a higher standard of humanity - for some reason nobody ever explains with any sense of rationality.

Just now, Omni said:

No, they go out and use your arms to bomb school children. Are ya proud now?

Very proud...much prouder than the NATO deadbeat that is Canada, hiding behind the USA's "burden" that Freeland presumes will always exist.

Israel doesn't buy old, corroding fighters to defend Jerusalem like cheap ass Trudeau.

27 minutes ago, Argus said:

I assume you mean the Israeli Defense Force. Comparing them to terrorists is one of those things Anti-Semites tend to do.

If the Israelis wanted to terrorize the surrounding nations they would not have much trouble doing so. Instead they simply defend themselves, with considerably more restraint than any of their neighbors do. If anyone not an anti-Semite wants to compare how the Jews retaliate against attacks vs what Syria is doing in its country against insurgents, or what the Saudis are doing in Yemen, or what the Egyptians are doing in The Sinai, or what Iraqis have done or Iranians or...

But no, the Jews have to be held to a higher standard of humanity - for some reason nobody ever explains with any sense of rationality.

I am certainly not an anti semite, especially since my father was a Jew.  However if they want to maintain that higher standard they ought to stop using a couple of rockets which fall into the desert as an excuse to fire up an F16 and responding by bombing the hell out of a settlement. Measured response would be much more sensible. And the idiot Trump should keep his fucking mouth shut and stop derailing the chances of a two state, peaceful solution. 

16 hours ago, Omni said:

I am certainly not an anti semite, especially since my father was a Jew.  However if they want to maintain that higher standard they ought to stop using a couple of rockets which fall into the desert as an excuse to fire up an F16 and responding by bombing the hell out of a settlement. Measured response would be much more sensible. And the idiot Trump should keep his fucking mouth shut and stop derailing the chances of a two state, peaceful solution. 

Their response generally is measured. I think you lack the empathy to understand what it must be like to be a tiny country with a small population surrounded by a vast sea of people who want every last one of you dead, and have made repeated efforts to drive you into the sea over your entire lifetime, as well as sponsoring terrorism against you. Arab terrorism and hatred has been a daily fact of life and precaution for Israelis for their entire lives. And their enemies, including ALL Arab countries, do their best to continually fan the flames of that hatred through government media (there is virtually no free media in the Arab world) as well as schoolbooks and propaganda for children. The likes of Hamas deliberately fire rockets and launch attacks from heavily populated civilian areas hoping that the Israelis will kill a few kids and women in the response so they can trumpet how evil the dirty Jews are. What do you expect Israel to do? Ignore those attacks? Ignoring them always brings more and heavier attacks until they finally are forced to respond anyway so what's the point. Then people like you call them terrorists.

There is NO chance of a two state solution to this. NONE. The demands of the Palestinians for a 'right of return' and for Jerusalem to be their capital make certain of this. Nor would a separate Palestinian state be economically viable.

13 minutes ago, marcus said:

Here is more of Israel defending itself:

Good thing they weren't kids playing in Syria or the Syrian government would have simply killed everyone in the area without a second thought. That's how the Saudis handle 'clashes' with the locals in Yemen too. And what do you imagine the Jews were doing anyway? Dragging them back to their torture chambers, perhaps?  Maybe they were just getting them out of the area so that if shooting erupted they wouldn't get killed? If there are clashes going on why are those kids playing there? No parents? Parent don't care?

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

This is also called terrorism:

Or maybe it's called trying to persuade them to not throw rocks at the Israelis because the Israelis have their picture on file.

You know, you've been around a while and I can't recall you ever declaring a single thing any Arab has ever done as terrorism.

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

Or maybe it's called trying to persuade them to not throw rocks at the Israelis because the Israelis have their picture on file.

You know, you've been around a while and I can't recall you ever declaring a single thing any Arab has ever done as terrorism.

Imagine if the cops took pics of your kids for that kind of thing.

30 minutes ago, Argus said:

Their response generally is measured. I think you lack the empathy to understand what it must be like to be a tiny country with a small population surrounded by a vast sea of people who want every last one of you dead, and have made repeated efforts to drive you into the sea over your entire lifetime, as well as sponsoring terrorism against you. Arab terrorism and hatred has been a daily fact of life and precaution for Israelis for their entire lives. And their enemies, including ALL Arab countries, do their best to continually fan the flames of that hatred through government media (there is virtually no free media in the Arab world) as well as schoolbooks and propaganda for children. The likes of Hamas deliberately fire rockets and launch attacks from heavily populated civilian areas hoping that the Israelis will kill a few kids and women in the response so they can trumpet how evil the dirty Jews are. What do you expect Israel to do? Ignore those attacks? Ignoring them always brings more and heavier attacks until they finally are forced to respond anyway so what's the point. Then people like you call them terrorists.

There is NO chance of a two state solution to this. NONE. The demands of the Palestinians for a 'right of return' and for Jerusalem to be their capital make certain of this. Nor would a separate Palestinian state be economically viable.

I'm interested in how you were given the authority to speak for why Hamas does what it does, but in any case I am certainly not in favor of terrorism regardless of who is practicing it. The Israeli response is certainly not measured. If you look at the actual facts you'll find you are 15 times more likely to be killed as a Palestinian than as an Israeli in this conflict. Israeli air strikes often kill civilians. The best solution here is continuing to work toward a two state solution that can appease both sides, and the point of this OP is the fact that Trump has, with his bungling comments has adversely affected that  process.

39 minutes ago, Argus said:

Good thing they weren't kids playing in Syria or the Syrian government would have simply killed everyone in the area without a second thought. That's how the Saudis handle 'clashes' with the locals in Yemen too. And what do you imagine the Jews were doing anyway? Dragging them back to their torture chambers, perhaps?  Maybe they were just getting them out of the area so that if shooting erupted they wouldn't get killed? If there are clashes going on why are those kids playing there? No parents? Parent don't care?

The rapist pleads that he is, at least, not a murderer.

Is this how you will justify Israel's actions? By comparing them to the lowest of the low? 

Edited by marcus

36 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why do I need to preach to the choir?

We don't have anyone on this forum trying to justify terrorism by Arabs. 

We only have people who try to justify terrorism by Israelis.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:51 AM, eyeball said:

I see, so now the apparent literati here is pleading ignorance of any associations between drinking hot blood, Shakespeare and Jews?  That's hilarious.

Remember saying this?

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Still drinking that hot blood, eh? You really are fruity loops. Out of respect for this forum and its users I disengage, certainly not because of anything you've said. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, marcus said:

The rapist pleads that he is, at least, not a murderer.

Is this how you will justify Israel's actions? By comparing them to the lowest of the low? 

He didn't, you did.  Also the simplistic inflammatory use of video and leading questions, to try incite hatred against Israelis is pathetic and is yet another example of using these threads as a pretext to engage in  inciting hatred against Israelis for existing as Israelis. You are not discussing the issue of the thread at all.

Edited by Rue