English Swears allowed on French Broadcasting

Boges

Canada's broadcast standards regulator has ruled that a swear word that's off-limits on English-language broadcasts is acceptable in French programming.

The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council ruled that a Quebec music radio station did not violate any rules by airing two clips of celebrities using the F-word as part of public speeches.

A listener of CKOI-FM filed a complaint after hearing the profane clips from Madonna and Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong played two months apart on afternoon programming.

The council ruled that CKOI-FM did not violate broadcast standards by playing the uncensored clips.

It says the F-word does not have the same "vulgar connotation" in French that it does in English and notes that the term was not used as an insult directed at a specific target.

The latest ruling is consistent with a similar decision handed down last year regarding a French-language television broadcast.

CKOI referred to that past decision that excused television network MusiquePlus' use of the F-word in a broadcast, emphasizing that the word is construed differently in Canada's two official languages.

Tabernac! Tabernac! Tabernac! Tabernac!

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to say a myriad of ethnic bad words on English TV. 

Yet another example of the double standard French Canada enjoys over the ROC. 

5 hours ago, Boges said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to say a myriad of ethnic bad words on English TV. 

How big is your teapot, Boges? Is 'Tabernac' actually equal in "value" to the word some of us can't use here at MLW?

That is so weird.  For the first time in the 11 years after I left my last job, where I knew a person who swore in French, I came across that word today at work.   And now I see it again at home. 

Maybe I'll win the lottery this weekend.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:22 AM, Boges said:

Ya, I wonder if saying the "N" word would be alright?

That is because they are not a part of Canada anymore. They are pretty much a french speaking country now and have already declared themselves a unilingual french speaking province. They can pretty much say and do as they please. They were even able to get rid of our imperial measurement system and have it replaced with metric to make them look even more french and non-Canadian.. Tabernac. :D

They were even able to get rid of our imperial measurement system and have it replaced with metric

Interesting. 

Of all the countries in the world, only three backwaters still use the archaic Imperial system of weights and measures:
  • Liberia.
  • Myanmar (a.k.a. “the country formerly known as Burma”)
  • United States of America.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/2008/08/13/countries-that-dont-use-the-metric-system/

2 hours ago, hot enough said:
Interesting. 

Of all the countries in the world, only three backwaters still use the archaic Imperial system of weights and measures:
  • Liberia.
  • Myanmar (a.k.a. “the country formerly known as Burma”)
  • United States of America.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/2008/08/13/countries-that-dont-use-the-metric-system/

It has nothing to do with being backwards. Some Caribbean countries still use imperial. Canada and Canadians grew up using the imperial system since Canada's early days and it worked out well for all. No one that I know of wanted or demanded metric. No one asked for the change. But as usual in this country our dear leaders decide as to what we shall have and what we shall not have. So what if it costs the taxpayer's billions and billions and causes great inconvenience to them. Most politicians take the attitude of who gives a chit, do it anyway. Those taxpaying slaves will not be asked first but will pay all the bills and debts later. 

Old man communist trudeau has changed this country so much that it is hard to believe that Canada was once a great WASP nation that was rolling along just fine. Then the french liberals in this country took control of Canada in the sixties and that was the beginning of the end for the old Canada. The french are at fault for all that is happening in this country, and who have been behind all the changes that were never asked for like bilingualism, multiculturalism, massive 3rd world immigration and trillions blown on foreign aid to third world and communist countries. Canada at one time was nowhere near being considered a backwards country at all way back when but we sure are now heading that way. Way the go you left wing liberals, your job is almost complete. Welcome to the new country of Kanuckistan. :(