Rebel “reporter” a coward and a liar

HE

7 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Their careers have not been near as lucrative as a George Will or any of the other mainstream pimps. 

That has come about, the low pay, because, yes, they are more honorable, light years so, from the others who provide cover for all these war criminals/terrorists.

Sorry, I still don't get your money statement :huh:

You also need to realize, reporters are like computers, they are there to report what's happening, you feed them garbage, they are going to report garbage. Yes there is a certain amount of research and such they should do but where do you draw the line? 

20 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

HE

Sorry, I still don't get your money statement :huh:

You also need to realize, reporters are like computers, they are there to report what's happening, you feed them garbage, they are going to report garbage. Yes there is a certain amount of research and such they should do but where do you draw the line? 

People who tell the truth don't make the money that the usual pimps do. I can't understand why that is so difficult to grasp. Don't you know that many reporters of US mainstream media have long worked for the CIA, planting stories?

I personally draw the line at what is the truth, what is honest. 

5 hours ago, hot enough said:

People who tell the truth don't make the money that the usual pimps do. I can't understand why that is so difficult to grasp. Don't you know that many reporters of US mainstream media have long worked for the CIA, planting stories?

I personally draw the line at what is the truth, what is honest. 

Now YOU'RE saying it's all about the money...

What IS truth, what IS honest? Oooor what is YOUR truth, what is YOUR honest? 

Edited by Thinkinoutsidethebox
There we go :)

14 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Now YOU'RE saying it's all about the money...

What IS truth, what IS honest? Oooor what is YOUR truth, what is YOUR honest? 

Hey, you already asked me this question!!!

I said from the get go it was about money. George Will is a good example of a prostitute reporter. The National Post has a lot of them. Actually, most mainstream media are prostitutes, working to satisfy the big boys, striving for the gold ring. 

The kind that satisfied the Nuremberg Tribunals. Although I might have to rethink that. No, the principles were sound, the abuse of those principles by the USA since then has been the cause of pretty much all the world's problems. 

Let's look at it this way. We have a USGOCT that is so full of holes there is no material material left. 

People who believe in the USGOCT do so because they want to believe it even though there is zero evidence to actually support it, in a legal sense. It most assuredly was a grand scam, but then Hollywood movies do the same thing all the time. 

On 11/6/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jariax said:

While I think Rebel Media has a place in Canadian news, they also need to realize that taking cheap, often personal shots at politicians and others will cause them to be treated poorly by those same people.

Uh.... wow.  You think that's what's wrong with the Rebel ?

http://www.canadalandshow.com/rebel-media-star-gavin-mcinnes-has-theories-on-jews/

On 11/6/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jariax said:

Remember when Now posted a naked picture of Rob Ford on its cover?

Nobody cares.  A Canadian website puts up a paywall with Nazi propaganda behind it, and this is just as bad now ?

Wow.

37 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

http://www.canadalandshow.com/rebel-media-star-gavin-mcinnes-has-theories-on-jews/

I think he is so great. Loved the canadaland article!

I am so effin' happy that I got introduced to Gab McInnes by a MLW ad. My life will never be the same. 

23 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Nobody cares.  A Canadian website puts up a paywall with Nazi propaganda behind it, and this is just as bad now ?

Wow.

Well Michael, 

I think the Rebel has a few problems, but given the topic of the thread, that is what I addressed. As a general rule, if I indicate a problem with someone or something, I am not implying that this is the worst/only thing wrong. 

The paywall is because advertisers are dropping them as fast as they can, and they need a way to generate money. I hardly think it's Nazi propaganda, nor do I think that the Rebel is anti-semitic. Ezra Levant is an ardent supporter of Israel, and Gavin no longer works there. Now, if you want to accuse him of being Islamaphobic, I can't argue that.

And you're probably right, that no one cares that a Toronto magazine chose to fat-shame the mayor and publicly humiliate him. And that's part of the problem. But again, I never said this was just as bad. It was an example of left-wing hypocrisy. Perhaps you could consider dropping the histrionics and false extrapolations from your debating repertoire.  

Edited by Jariax

50 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Apparently it's still relevant, it makes national headlines :D

National Headlines are driven by distraction value. Relevance is relevant. 

50 minutes ago, Thinkinoutsidethebox said:

Even though it's a little out there it can still be used to glean some information and perspective for intelligent news consumption. 

Unfortunately, you are correct here.    My suspicion is that with the slow dying of traditional media, there is increasing failure to cover important stories.  I much prefer Canadaland as a media vessel that holds Liberals and Conservatives to a standard but - yes - the Rebel has found some examples that needed coverage, if I remember correctly.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:48 PM, hot enough said:

There's not much difference between the Alt-right and the far right Rebel crowd. They both hold and espouse racist views, their targets are just a wee bit different. 

Can you point out as to where The Rebel has said anything that appeared to be racist views? Just curious. 

On 11/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Wow.

Wow, freedom of speech, isn't it a wonderful thing to not be oh so politically correct? Sometimes truth hurts. Aw well. 

And now the climate barbie ,is now Ms Anti Coal, ( we use less than 10%) to go after trump and change the channel on her own mistakes. America pulls out of paris and their emissions have dropped 10X more than ours. China and others are pumping it out as fast as they can. China even said its emissions will not dropped for another 13 yrs, but yet heres canada cutting its own throat for absolutely nothing. Just so trudeau can be liked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 11:28 AM, hot enough said:

"people that don't believe everything they have been told" would be, let me guess, climate science denying conservatives. The same folks who bought into Iraq WMDs, OBL being responsible for 911, the Taliban were bad guys, 19 Arab hijackers, in other words, some of thee most gullible people on the planet. 

America knew they had WMD because they sold the stuff to them. Hard to grasp something being done that easy, but it worked. And taliban that rape and torture women and children, in my books they are bad. And climate changes all the time and government policies just to make money off of it will never work. 

I can't shed any tears for someone like Catherine McKenna. She insults many people on a daily basis by calling them climate change "deniers". It's clear what she is implying by this.

She must have a lot of time on her hands so I would recommend she watch this documentary.

https://thejohnrobson.com/the-environment-a-true-story/

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

I can't shed any tears for someone like Catherine McKenna.

She doesn't want your tears, it is the snowflake Levant and his staff that are looking for your tears. She simply told them that if they want to act like little children, then they will not be taken seriously.

6 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

She doesn't want your tears, it is the snowflake Levant and his staff that are looking for your tears. She simply told them that if they want to act like little children, then they will not be taken seriously.

Upon further reflection,I must admit you are correct in that McKenna doesn't want my tears.In fact,she wants an ever increasing share of my hard earned money in the form of carbon taxes.It's always the solution from progressives to every bloody problem real or imagined ,higher taxation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ironstone said:

I can't shed any tears for someone like Catherine McKenna. She insults many people on a daily basis by calling them climate change "deniers". It's clear what she is implying by this.

You follow a double standard.  While your sensibilities are offended by someone being called a 'denier' you freely posted a fake blog article posting anti-Muslim hate material.

We really can't afford to have hypocritical or ignorant people as part of the dialogue.  There are intelligent, principled, and valued posters we need to hear from instead.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

You follow a double standard.  While your sensibilities are offended by someone being called a 'denier' you freely posted a fake blog article posting anti-Muslim hate material.

We really can't afford to have hypocritical or ignorant people as part of the dialogue.  There are intelligent, principled, and valued posters we need to hear from instead.

I'm not personally offended by someone calling me a  "denier". I think progressives like you need to man up and accept the fact that other people dare to have their own opinions. Don't like it? Too damn bad.