Liberals to increase immigration to 350,000+

Argus

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

A university education is something that is supposed help a body with critical thinking skills in order to assist a body to not draw wild, off the wall, ridiculous conclusions for which a body has no evidence/proof. 

Would a cursory search find this to be a "Rebel" meme?

I provided the proof by quoting your statement and showing why it is hypocritical and bigoted.

Maybe if you had a university education, you could comprehend and wouldn't have to resort to personal attacks.

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Agreed. But culture matters

Haven't you heard??  According to our brilliant leader, Canada has no core identity.  Canada is a post-nation state.

This destructive, dangerous and reckless attitude is the root of the problem as far as I''m concerned.  The systematic intentional destruction of Canadian values and culture and redefining Canadian culture according to distorted progressive ideals is something that the average "Canadian" has little stomach for, however this transformation becomes easier as the Canadian population (culture) is slowly diluted.

Edited by Spiderfish

8 minutes ago, Spiderfish said:

Haven't you heard??  According to our brilliant leader, Canada has no core identity.  Canada is a post-nation state.

This destructive, dangerous and reckless attitude is the root of the problem as far as I''m concerned.  The systematic intentional destruction of Canadian values and culture and redefining Canadian culture according to progressive ideals is something that the average "Canadian" has little stomach for, however this transformation becomes easier as the Canadian population (culture) is slowly diluted.

It doesn't look like the average Canadians has any more stomach for defining our values according to conservative sensibilities either so....lets experiment.

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to destroy our values, it's just that most people are nowhere near as beholden to any particular set as those who are would like. Canadians are more live and let live - something real partisans don't get very readily.

6 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I rarely post here anymore since this forum has spiraled into a steaming pile of dog turd.  I posted much more frequently before you joined.  Search my username and the words "gitmo" or "abu ghraib" or "cheney" etc. and you'll see, ie:

I 100% completely agree with you, and have said similar:

Moonlight how many times have I debated you and you handle it all with civility. Don't waste your energy on that gnat.

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

I provided the proof by quoting your statement and showing why it is hypocritical and bigoted.

Maybe if you had a university education, you could comprehend and wouldn't have to resort to personal attacks.

Its more then a lack of education G. I would put him on ignore. Don't waste your energy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It doesn't look like the average Canadians has any more stomach for defining our values according to conservative sensibilities either so....lets experiment.

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to destroy our values

You came on another thread and in response to the sacrifice soldiers make to this country made a flippant throw away comment that when they do what they do, they deserve what happens to them. Your exact words were:

"As for our soldiers...they're simply volunteers who knew or should have known what they were in for when signing up for Ottawa's overseas military adventures"

You are in NO  position to tell anyone how to define values according to any sensibility given the above insipid and childish comment.. You show by the above words you are incapable of understanding what the value of self sacrifice is. You clearly can't comprehend it given clearly you  someone who has never put their life on the line for a belief. You clearly  just take for granted your freedoms and lifestyle and have not a clue what price was paid so you can have them.

So do me a favour, don't lecture anyone on experimenting with values or making moronic comments like you don't think anyone is intentionally trying to destroy our values-you did-you came on this board to intentionally insult and belittle the sacrifice of our soldiers.

You are absolutely pathetic in trying to pose as anyone in the position to lecture about values.

Edited by Rue
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

A university education SHOULD provide one with the skills necessary to grasp what actually constitutes proof. Additionally, one should be able to draw logical conclusions from what was actually said.

Immigration policy is likely driven purely by politics and with a view to votes from ethnic communities who came from certain areas of the world.  The more a political party has invested in those communities, the more it is beholden to them in the future.  The percentage coming from western Europe was greatly reduced decades ago with large increases from Asia, the middle east and Africa.  I suspect no consideration will be given to protecting our western style culture since Trudeau says there is no such thing as Canadian values and "diversity is our strength".  Many of these people who should be integrating have no intention of doing so and do not like our western culture.  Western Europe made this same mistake and is now paying for it.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

Immigration policy is likely driven purely by politics and with a view to votes from ethnic communities who came from certain areas of the world.  The more a political party has invested in those communities, the more it is beholden to them in the future.  The percentage coming from western Europe was greatly reduced decades ago with large increases from Asia, the middle east and Africa.  I suspect no consideration will be given to protecting our western style culture since Trudeau says there is no such thing as Canadian values and "diversity is our strength".  Many of these people who should be integrating have no intention of doing so and do not like our western culture.  Western Europe made this same mistake and is now paying for it.

The original cultural of Canada was aboriginal. He have a reluctant recognition of this but a lot of lipservice towards it but we are at least openly admitting this now as part of Canadian identity. Then we have British and French. These two countries and their legal systems after the aboriginals, formed this country. The basis of our laws is a British Parliamentary system amd a mix of British and French legal traditions and yet anything associated with either or for that matter the ethnic groups that came from Europe seem to be automatically labelled oppressor and "white" these days and I do not like that so I agree with you Blackbird. My culture Jewish, is one of many that came after the British and French and I have no problem with that chronology and conforming to and paying deference to British legal traditions. Zero problem. I don't expect otherwise. I don't have a damn problem with the aboriginal parallel legal imperative either.

To me all us minorities Jewish, Chinese, Greek, Italian, West Indian, Siekh, Filippino, Ukrainian, I would say the vast majority of us minorities so to speak have zero problem with the founding cultures. Why would we? We came here to start again and the British legal system provided a stability to enable that.

I don't get today's political trend where anything from Europe is defined as white and racist. Its not white and its not racist.

People can be discriminatory against other cultures, ethnicities, gender, etc., but those beliefs can't be magically erased by using government to engage in reverse bigotry.

The question is we may have goen too far in trying to show just how tolerant we are of anyone other than someone not from a supposed visible minority or non Christian country.

I am not sure. The immigration policy claims to be colour and religious blind but its clearly not.

The decision of this government to enable the collapse of the borders at this time to allow thousands of illegal migrants from the US to swamp and undermine and make a mockery of our immigration system in my personal opinion is based on ethnic pandering at its worst which I would argue is a form of discrimination in favour of certain ethnicities.

Its a very tough issue because I want a country that welcomes immigrants for their new contributions. When I see it being used to enable unqualified people to jump the lines and break the law to get the law's benefit, I get angry,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rue said:

I don't get today's political trend where anything from Europe is defined as white and racist. Its not white and its not racist.

It's very simple. It's white guilt and virtue signalling. People want to show how superior they are by pointing out all the problems with Canada's/Western culture, while showing how open they are by embracing all other cultures regardless of their flaws (or even especially because of their flaws). There's a lot of group-think to it too... especially for people that are on social media. Posting an opinion not in line with progressive ideology will get you ostracized from your social circle.

Or, in some cases, you don't even have to post anything... people will notice even just a lack of posts on a certain topic and conclude that you are not sufficiently zealous in your progressive beliefs. For example, I had someone ask me why I didn't make an FB post condemning Weinstein... apparently that was something I should have done as a properly repentant "white male". I was like... "I don't make posts on FB about any political/social/news issues", I just use it to post hiking photos and talk to friends. I was told that was "selfish" and that I am not providing the right "support" to "minorities" like women and other "dis-empowered individuals". 

Needless to say, I blocked that person. 

People can be discriminatory against other cultures, ethnicities, gender, etc., but those beliefs can't be magically erased by using government to engage in reverse bigotry.

No, but it won't stop them from trying!

On 11/4/2017 at 10:32 PM, H10 said:

And how will you prove who inherited money vs who earned it.  You don't really even know if your friend family earned that money, alot of the immigrants who come here got their money doing something seedy and then come to Canada or another nation to launder the money. 

The liberals are in control, they will set the immigration policy, there is nothing you can do, Harper lost.

Why would any immigrant who was independently wealthy and did not obtain their money in a seedy manner leave their country of birth, where they are likely accustomed to, have plenty of connections, face few or no barriers to basically live as 2nd class citizens in Canada?  Think about it.

These are fair questions, and ones that SHOULD have been asked of immigration authorities before ANYONE gets into Canada in any way.   That no longer happens.   Immigrants and "refugees" simply pay an immigration consultant to be told what to write and what to say, and our bureaucrats just rubber stamp and let them in (I am exaggerating a very small amount on that count - I am sure they cash their paycheques, takes a holiday and coffee break, check their benefits and penion funds and THEN rubber stamp whatever is on their desk).

My friend and business partner managed a major government owned company, had 80,000 people under him, and was paid very, very well for his expertise.   I know him quite well and can verify how he made his money.

Why would they come to Canada?  Because there is no way he and his wife wanted to raise their son in the filthy environment of Beijing.  He had left government for private business, and had the top job in the world in his field for GE - but based in Beijing.   He wanted a life for his family similar to what we expect here, and that is what they have now - and are very happy to enjoy.   One comment I will never forget:  kids in Chinese society are under HUGE pressure to accomplish - and have no time or chance to simply be kids.  He can and does work anywhere in the world - endless opportunity for someone with his skill and experience, but his home is now Saskatoon - by careful choice.   BTW:  we live here for similar reasons: worked internationally and spent two years looking for best place on planet to raise kids - chose here.

Another factor you haven't considered:  people in China over 40 clearly remember living under Maoist version of communism.   They are STILL ruled by the CPC, and it could swing any way, any time.   A lot of Chinese immigrants/residents to Canada are only "sort of" here as an insurance policy should things to sideways at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannuck said:

These are fair questions, and ones that SHOULD have been asked of immigration authorities before ANYONE gets into Canada in any way.   That no longer happens.   Immigrants and "refugees" simply pay an immigration consultant to be told what to write and what to say, and our bureaucrats just rubber stamp and let them in (I am exaggerating a very small amount on that count - I am sure they cash their paycheques, takes a holiday and coffee break, check their benefits and penion funds and THEN rubber stamp whatever is on their desk).

My friend and business partner managed a major government owned company, had 80,000 people under him, and was paid very, very well for his expertise.   I know him quite well and can verify how he made his money.

Why would they come to Canada?  Because there is no way he and his wife wanted to raise their son in the filthy environment of Beijing.  He had left government for private business, and had the top job in the world in his field for GE - but based in Beijing.   He wanted a life for his family similar to what we expect here, and that is what they have now - and are very happy to enjoy.   One comment I will never forget:  kids in Chinese society are under HUGE pressure to accomplish - and have no time or chance to simply be kids.  He can and does work anywhere in the world - endless opportunity for someone with his skill and experience, but his home is now Saskatoon - by careful choice.   BTW:  we live here for similar reasons: worked internationally and spent two years looking for best place on planet to raise kids - chose here.

Another factor you haven't considered:  people in China over 40 clearly remember living under Maoist version of communism.   They are STILL ruled by the CPC, and it could swing any way, any time.   A lot of Chinese immigrants/residents to Canada are only "sort of" here as an insurance policy should things to sideways at home.

You of course for the sake of discussion make some generalizations I am sure you would admit. However from what I know of immigration law and consultants and through the Chinese community they pretty much openly say what you do. Its not exactly a secret. One thing the Chinese do and its smart quite frankly, is send their kids to high school here. They come as homestay in grade nine, 10 and stay in high school as long as it takes to learn English then go to universities and colleges in Canada and if they pay cash every year for their education which they do, after so many years they can apply to be residents and stay and then bring their parents if need be through sponsorship. This is an insurance policy for the future because from what I am told, Chinese are worried that the future of China may implode with the sheer number of seniors and competition and little space for everyone. As well severe water shortages are also causing migration. There's just not enough water to sustain the 2 billion.

I have two homestays from China and have had a few in the past. They know what they have to do to come here and survive.

They have cash but nothing to invest it in, in China. You either invest it in your children's education overseas or it gets spent on disposables or in gambling a very wide spread illness common in dense populations with stressed out people.

What you don't hear of are the amounts of money Chinese gamble away in their off shore resorts. Many invested in condos but those condos sit in empty cities because the government controls them and is saving them for future populations. As you said, when you live in a country where the government owns all, its hard to think as an individual you can save money for your individual self. Unless you are part of the elite 1% of corrupt Chinese at the top of the good chain putting their money overseas you ain't gonna see what you put in banks or invest in, within China. Its just not possible. Too many people, too little space, too much need for the government to keep tight control to prevent a revolution.

The leader who just won another term consolidated his power at the top to win. He runs a very tight ship at the top but the sheer size of his government makes it impossible to ever have total control. A certain degree of decentralized corruption always will exist.

That said Canada with a population headed to 40 million has the population of what two or three Chinese cities. The problems we think we have with taxes, housing, education, its a joke to what the Chinese have to cope with.

Can you imagine China doing what Canada did and just letting illegal migrants from North Korea, Vietnam, flood into their country?

Fat chance.

6 minutes ago, Rue said:

Can you imagine China doing what Canada did and just letting illegal migrants from North Korea, Vietnam, flood into their country?

Fat chance.

The people you speak of, the Vietnamese and the people of the north of Korea, have always simply wanted to have a chance to operate in the world community. As you have to note, the Vietnamese are doing very well, as are the Chinese.

The people of the north of Korea not so well because of the ongoing 70 plus years of US terrorism/economic strangulation of those people, the very same as the US has done to Cuba and other countries. 

Both "communist" countries, which you attempt to disparage with your stunningly hypocritical "Unless you are part of the elite 1% of corrupt Chinese at the top". Is this different than the "unless you are part of the elite 1% of corrupt Americans at the top"? 

Had the US continued with its economic terrorism against Vietnam after the Vietnamese sent the invading hordes fleeing, it would be a country like that of the north of Korea or Cuba, strangled by the terrorist USA.

I seem to notice that no matter what the thread these days, I keep seeing a tse tse fly show up singing:

"blame America".

Never mind the topic of the thread, just throw in a blame America comment. Its a one size fits all approach.

So for example when Chinese or Indians migrate its not because of water shortages. When there is a huge migration of Africans its not because of water shortage creating wide spread famine. Its the fault of the US.

If Trudeau allows illegal migrants to make a mockery of Canadian immigration law, its America's fault.

If Syria has a civil war generating refugees, its America's fault.

So this brings me to my new rap

so what's new

do you blame a jew

or to be frank

blame some Yank

well now wait

you could blame Kuwait

or get all quirky

and blame it all on Turkey

hey now you could take a stance

and piss on France

or wouldn't it be grand

to blame Finland

or blame your diaheria

on North Korea

and don't make be go on

about Lebanon

and who can really give a hand

to Aghanistan

and who could forgo

that evil Mexico

and do I need to play my Tuba

to get you to criticize Cuba

and need I  get all weighty

about that country Haiti

and man what about all them  mentally ill

yah you know they call themselves Brazil

oh just fine

but what about Leuchenstein

now I end this and go

but not before blaming it all on Togo

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

The people you speak of, the Vietnamese and the people of the north of Korea, have always simply wanted to have a chance to operate in the world community. As you have to note, the Vietnamese are doing very well, as are the Chinese.

The people of the north of Korea not so well because of the ongoing 70 plus years of US terrorism/economic strangulation of those people, the very same as the US has done to Cuba and other countries. 

Both "communist" countries, which you attempt to disparage with your stunningly hypocritical "Unless you are part of the elite 1% of corrupt Chinese at the top". Is this different than the "unless you are part of the elite 1% of corrupt Americans at the top"? 

Had the US continued with its economic terrorism against Vietnam after the Vietnamese sent the invading hordes fleeing, it would be a country like that of the north of Korea or Cuba, strangled by the terrorist USA.

If you want people to take you seriously, you need to end this stupid shit. NK is fucked because of itself not anyone else and castro should have picked america instead of USSR to be friends with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PIK said:

If you want people to take you seriously, you need to end this stupid shit. NK is fucked because of itself not anyone else and castro should have picked america instead of USSR to be friends with. 

I was told to never again use the F word on this forum even though I only used it in its adjectival intensifier form, which is definitely part of the English language. Over 21 dictionaries, including M-W and Oxford list it as an English word, though I hardly need dictionary approval for what I know to be part of the English language. 

We find you have another fact free posting, which seems to be a very common occurrence for you. Why?

Let me point out how vacuous are your "reasons". The people of the north and south of Korea had massive war crimes committed against them by the USA, the same massive war crimes the USA has committed against Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Nicaragua, Brazil, Mexico, Syria, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Angola, Guatemala, ... . 

After those massive war crimes, the US continued its usual terrorism against the people of Korea, both north and south. The beacon of freedom had a vicious right wing dictatorship in the south, which it had installed right from the get go.

The women of the south of Korea have long remarked on how they remember so vividly the terrible and frequent rapes by the US invading hordes.

Some beacon of freedom, eh?

Doesn't it bother you, a dyed in the wool right winger, that the USA always uses brutal, vicious RIGHT WING dictators? Is this what you love to be associated with?

The USA itself trades with Russia. It has for a long long time. 

Castro had to throw out the USA's brutal, vicious right wing dictator, one in a long line of brutal, vicious right wing dictators. Castro and the Cuban people, save for the reactionary right Cubans who were helping the US rape and pillage Cuba, are/were very happy with Castro. He was a very kind, decent man who spent a great deal of money helping the poor nations of the world with Cuba's fantastic health care system.

As fantastic a health care system as a small country can have that is being brutally strangled economically by the mighty economic powerhouse USA can have. 

The US has been committing genocide against the Cuban people for the last 50 years. This was described by a US doctor who went down to Cuba and wrote his report.

This is the same type of genocidal actions the US has been carrying out against the people of the north of Korea. Same thing in Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos, Nicaragua, the Philippines, ... . 

Edited by hot enough

History proves that communism kills

http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/bonner-history-proves-that-communism-kills

Most of those countries you mention, screwed themselves with communism. Or just plain socialist views. Cuba sided with the USSR, huge mistake.  Look at the life NK citizens live and that has nothing to do with america. Now if the west did not save south korea ,there would be a lot more starving people in the world. You should really read up on the history of these countries you mention, instead of just saying dumb stuff that you got out of some left wing rag, but then that would probably be to hard for you.

This thread is about Liberal immigration policy not Hot Enough's simplistic disjointed repeat hijacking of threads to repeat his anti US mantra. Now as we speak the fool Trudeau has sent MP's in a state of panic down South. He's just realiZed with his collapsed borders policy there are at least 5,000 Hondurans and 86,000 Hondurans and 200,000 Salvadorans all about to flood Canada not to mention Mexicans and South American states not to mention more people from Haiti.

Our immigration system is in a state of total breakdown and chaos with the refugee system now backed up a minimum of 3 years meaning automatic acceptance now of thousands of refugee applicants who are not refugees but will now flood the refugee system knowing with the back-log they can use a Charter of Rights challenge of undue delay to automatically win their applications.

This is an absolute travesty to genuine immigrants and refugees and to the security of the state. God knows how many terrorists, criminals, are walking in.

Let's also be clear. The 1 million Trudeau plans to bring in the next 3 years does not include all these illegals swamping us. You may as well double that rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 4:34 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Well, on the other hand why would anyone with the money & means stay in a developing country when they could come to Canada and provide a better life for them and their family?  The standard of living, education, health care, human rights, crime rates & law & order/justice system, political & personal freedoms, pollution/environment, infrastructure, political stability, safety, and employment opportunities are mostly all far superior than where most immigrants come from.  Virtually all immigrants throughout Canada's history, European or not, have come here for a better life.

Because the winners tend to be conservative, they don't want to change anything because it might not work.  And you are erroneously assuming that moving to Canada will provide a better quality of life for them and their family.  Do you understand that the elite in most countries live better off than the elite in Canada?  Our standard of living is not better, our education is lower, our healthcare is lower than most developing countries for the ELITE.  The elite in other countries have private education, private healthcare, gated communities, private security, probably even more freedom than people here,

Yeah but the immigrants are usually the losers, they aren't the elite, they aren't the wealthy, they are the people not making it there.  It wasn't a bunch of royals and elites coming in from England, Ireland and France, it was those who couldn't cut it there.

On 11/5/2017 at 4:34 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

There are bad apples like racist white peeps, but on the whole Canadians welcome immigrants as long as they follow the rules like everyone else.  Otherwise the majority would tell their politicians not to let them in.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems unemployment is shrinking and workers are becoming harder to find. Canadian employers, however, don't want to offer up any kind of substantial wage increases. What to do, what to do!?

Hey, I know, if we raise immigration and raise the numbers of temporary foreign workers, that will help depress wages!

The Liberal Party of Canada: Friend to the middle class, benign protector of the poor.

Just like Donald Trump.

http://business.financialpost.com/personal-finance/debt/canadians-are-the-most-indebted-in-the-world-oecd-says-as-it-warns-on-rising-debt-risk

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nothing like Donald Trump when it comes to welcoming more refugees, illegal immigrants, and repatriated terrorists.

True! Trump just befriends the middle class by slashing their benefits, loading them down with debt, and giving the money to the rich!

Edited by Argus

• 3 weeks later...