Liberals to increase immigration to 350,000+

Argus

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

:lol:

Some of them most certainly do. 

Of course there are always going to be simple criminals. Your concern should be the arch war criminals/terrorists who have caused, are causing all these problems to begin with. 

Why whine about the insignificant when there are so so many incredibly significant major crimes being committed?

7 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Of course there are always going to be simple criminals. Your concern should be the arch war criminals/terrorists who have caused, are causing all these problems to begin with. 

Why whine about the insignificant when there are so so many incredibly significant major crimes being committed?

All criminals should be stopped, & thrown in jail.  My concern is for all of them.  Big or small, they're all ruining people's lives.  It's neither "whining" nor "insignificant", it's called justice & the rule of law.

I'm on your side about war criminals in western countries, I truly am.  Do a search on MLW & you'll see i've condemned Bush Jr & Cheney & Harper & Obama a 1000x over for the terrible things they've done over, & all the people who came before them.  No doubt western governments have screwed over countless in developing countries.  They're led by predators.  What you need to understand though is that developing countries are led by predators too.  The difference between western and non-western governments is mainly the power they wield.  If the governments of China or Iran/Nigeria/Saudi Arabia/Venezuela or ANY other country in the world held the same kind of vast military/economic/political power in the world like the USA has & were the lone superpower they'd be doing the same kind of selfish inhumane things that the US has done.  It's the nature of power: people are cruel & selfish, & they screw the honest & less powerful.

As for immigration, I support the good honest hardworking ones coming in at levels that are manageable, and keep the bad ones out.  As for the bad apples who were born here, they can't be kicked out obviously so they have to go to jail, every last one of them.

16 hours ago, H10 said:

Why would any immigrant who was independently wealthy and did not obtain their money in a seedy manner leave their country of birth, where they are likely accustomed to, have plenty of connections, face few or no barriers to basically live as 2nd class citizens in Canada?  Think about it.

Well, on the other hand why would anyone with the money & means stay in a developing country when they could come to Canada and provide a better life for them and their family?  The standard of living, education, health care, human rights, crime rates & law & order/justice system, political & personal freedoms, pollution/environment, infrastructure, political stability, safety, and employment opportunities are mostly all far superior than where most immigrants come from.  Virtually all immigrants throughout Canada's history, European or not, have come here for a better life.

There are bad apples like racist white peeps, but on the whole Canadians welcome immigrants as long as they follow the rules like everyone else.  Otherwise the majority would tell their politicians not to let them in.

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

Not satisfied with raping and pillaging the wealth from the poor nations of the world, kind, generous folk want to steal the best and the brightest from developing countries. 

The "brain drain" in developing countries is a big, big problem for their economic development.  But wealthy nations aren't "stealing" these folks, they voluntarily want to come here, badly.  Should "the best and brightest" people not be afforded freedom of movement?  Are they slaves to their own country?  Should wealthy nations only admit refugees and nobody else?

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The "brain drain" in developing countries is a big, big problem for their economic development.  But wealthy nations aren't "stealing" these folks, they voluntarily want to come here, badly.  Should "the best and brightest" people not be afforded freedom of movement?  Are they slaves to their own country?  Should wealthy nations only admit refugees and nobody else?

Freedom of movement should mean freedom of movement. But you know there isn't that at all. 

I think that countries that steal these people, doctors, ..., from poor third world countries are as scummy as US/UK war criminals/terrorists. Maybe western nations should deport their doctors, dentists, nurses, ... for five years to help others. 

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I'm on your side about war criminals in western countries, I truly am.  Do a search on MLW & you'll see i've condemned Bush Jr & Cheney & Harper & Obama a 1000x over for the terrible things they've done over, & all the people who came before them.  No doubt western governments have screwed over countless in developing countries.  They're led by predators. 

Not that I am doubting your historical record on this but I have never heard you speak up to these deniers of history who basically deny the war crimes/terrorism of the US/UK/... . 

If there were the same group of people making excuses for Hitler and the Holocaust would you be as silent?

What you need to understand though is that developing countries are led by predators too.  The difference between western and non-western governments is mainly the power they wield.  If the governments of China or Iran/Nigeria/Saudi Arabia/Venezuela or ANY other country in the world held the same kind of vast military/economic/political power in the world like the USA has & were the lone superpower they'd be doing the same kind of selfish inhumane things that the US has done.  It's the nature of power: people are cruel & selfish, & they screw the honest & less powerful.

I am well aware of the depravity of much of mankind. The point is though, we are supposed to be better than that. Are you comfortable with the stunning hypocrisy?

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

All criminals should be stopped, & thrown in jail.  My concern is for all of them.  Big or small, they're all ruining people's lives.  It's neither "whining" nor "insignificant", it's called justice & the rule of law.

I'm on your side about war criminals in western countries, I truly am.  Do a search on MLW & you'll see i've condemned Bush Jr & Cheney & Harper & Obama a 1000x ove

What war crimes has Harper engaged in?

22 hours ago, Bonam said:

There's only one word for an unemployed (for more than a few months) STEM grad: an idiot. It's super easy to get a job in STEM unless you are in the bottom 5-10% of ability in that field. And even the very lowliest entry level STEM jobs will pay $45k/year. Further, STEM jobs at many companies are protected from competition by foreign nationals due to the government's requirements for security clearances. 

Maybe in Seattle. Not all of Canada is like Seattle.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

On 11/3/2017 at 9:51 PM, H10 said:

It becomes readily appearant when someone has no private sector management experience when they speak on this issue.  Those 2 million unemployed Canadians could go get floor sweeping jobs, or trade jobs, or other semi skilled and unskilled labor jobs like factory work where there is a shortage of labor.  The problem is no person born in this country would take that job unless they were down in the dumps or enjoyed do a physically demanding back breaking job.  I had to cut the lawn for my parents, shovel the snow, it was a big property and back breaking work when I was young and athletic, if I was unemployed, those unfilled jobs would be completly unviable.

We do have immigrants from Britain, many of them like Chief Saunders or Chris Spence and Lennox Lewis.  Why would someone from a rich uncrowded country like Scotland move to a poorer country like Canada away from all their family?  Why would Aussies with a stronger economy leave all their family behind and move to a poorer country with less opportunity where they know no one?  Why would someone from Switzerland, or Norway or another EU country with a higher living standard leave their entire life, friends, family, connections and lifestyle, learn a new language, get set back in their career, leave behind their wife or husband, to come to a new country, 8 hour flight from home, leave behind their kids, try to learn a new language and take a drastic drop in standard of living for at least a decade to come to Canada.  It makes no sense.  I went to school for 1 year in switzerland on student exchange.  And that was precisely the reason I never attempted to "immigrate" or get a job there.

No person in their right mind, would leave 1 developed country in a relatively advantaged position, to move to a 2nd developed country and be hugely disadvantaged.  It makes literally no sense.  The only person that move makes sense for, is usually someone coming from some village with nothing in a 3rd world nation.  That is why we have so many Russian immgirants but so few german immigrants.

Who is this majority?  You had voted for Harper, he lost, Trudeau won, the majority favor immigrantion in massive waves.  I as a property owner, like lots of immigrants pouring in because I get people to rent my property.  Have you ever seen what happens to landlords when all of the people grow up, move on and out?  NO RENTERS!

Are you saying that those two million unemployed Canadians don't want to work because they don't want to do the jobs that Canadians once did long ago before the third world immigrants started flooding this country, and who now do those jobs for half the salary as to what Canadians use to make 60 years ago when they did the sweeping of floors and washing the dishes back then?  Sure there are some who do not want to work, but I am pretty sure that not all of those two million want to sit around on their asses and do nothing. Just pay them a decent salary with decent benefits. 

This lie that we need more immigrants is one big farce. Canada was doing quite well long before Canada started to flood this country with the third world. All it means by having more immigrants is that you need more of everything. Canada was doing well with the population that it had 60 years ago. Canadians were having children and all was well. Even the minister of immigration in the liberal party way back in the early sixties said that as many people die in Canada they are replaced by newborns. He should know. 

One of the reasons today why we are being told that we are not having enough children and Canada needs more immigration is the excuse for big corporations and the rich elite to keep bringing in and be able to hire these third world immigrants at cheap wages. It makes sense that if a country brings in more immigrants than there has to be more jobs created and more infrastructure needed. 

With quotas now being a part of the hiring process for all three levels of governments is that they MUST hire new third world immigrants as their hiring policy. Thus many of those two million unemployed Canadians could have been given most of those government jobs instead giving those jobs to strangers. 

Who really knows what the reason is for people leaving their home countries from the ones you mentioned above and want to move to Canada. They must have their own good reason for doing so. Politics can cause that. And who's to say as to those that came to Canada from those countries mentioned above were well off? You? Have you spoken to all of them? How would you know anyway? I left Quebec because I was sick of the french politics there and moved to BC because I needed the change. Sometimes change is good. 

Bull chit. I do not believe that the majority of Canadians want massive third world immigration. Where are your stats to back that up? Trudeau one the election because of the lame duck liberal left wing media who tried to make Harper look like another Trump and he would be bad for Canada if he stayed on as PM.

Of course you say that you would want more immigration because you just want to make more money at Canada's expense. Your greed is what is killing Canada today. It shows me that your greed  will one day end Canada and it's values and ways of life, it's culture, traditions, heritage, language which it would appear means nothing to you. To you it is all about the money dam the country.

What's the matter? Are Canadians not good enough to rent too? New third world immigrants are your favorites? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Some First Nations may disagree.

First nations are not treated as second class. They pretty much have become the ones who all governments and corporations and the ordinary Canadian citizen have to speak to before they can pretty much do anything that they want to do these days without consulting with the Indians first on developing some lands to do any construction. It is the white people who have to take the back seat now when dealing with the Indians. If they say no, its no. Go away, white man. 

On 11/3/2017 at 10:41 PM, H10 said:

Pretty much, because you don't oppose "first world" immigration or 2nd world immigration, presumably because most "first and second world" nations are white majority and you are presuming you'd get more white immigrants, so having a preference for immigrants for being white is racist.  After all, you'd probably oppose a bunch of immigrants from Britain who were West Indian or East Indian or African in origin coming from france, etc?

Go into factories, see the help wanted signs.  Its on the low end.  the problem is the workers, don't want to stay in these low wage, dead end jobs.  No one moves to Canada to work in a restaurant or factory for 30 years.  No government can reduce immigration, restaurants, factories are too dependent on it.  Unless you want to see almost every restaurant shut down and every factory, and every lawn care company and corporate farm and major employer dependent on unskilled labour?

Also capitalist elite.

Except, you need the companies to locate here, and then they'd realize labor cost are cheaper

Nope, the tech firms only hire immigrants because they are CHEAPER, and don't know their rights, there are a surplus of US tech workers who cannot find jobs.  This is where anti-immigrant resentment comes from.  There are poor immigrants coming in and working on farms, factories and restaurants.  There are also the H1-b immigrants who ARE stealing jobs from local people on the high end and they are used to drive down wages for locals.  Why hire a local engineer when you can hire an indian, pay him $90,000 a year instead of $190,000, give him no breaks, no overtime and treat him like dirt?  

Not really, NDP don't oppose it.

Why would I want to oppose first world immigration or pro white immigration into Canada? Is Canada a Caucasian country or a non-Caucasian country? Why would I be in favor of wanting to turn Canada into a nonwhite country? I would prefer to have my own Caucasian people immigrate to Canada not the other way around. Although I am not against non-whites immigrating to Canada, it is the numbers that I take issue with. When approx. 80-85% of our new immigrants are coming to Canada from non-white countries, well that is a concern for me. That is a program of genocide for the white people of Canada. Do you think that I want to see that happen in Canada? Do you think that I want to see my grandchildren growing up in a non-white Canada? No way in hell do I want to see that happen. They have a right to have a country that they can call their own. 

Quit with that racist chit, will you. It is not racist to want to bring in more Caucasian people into Canada. Canada is a white country and why not be bringing in more white people than non white? Bringing in more non-whites than whites is racist, and that is called racial suicide or genocide. I think that you should start to wake up and see what is really going on in Canada today.  

Sometimes I think that the majority of the new immigrants that are coming from countries like Britain and France are non-white, and that does now create another immigration problem for white Canada. It never ends. 

4 hours ago, hot enough said:

Freedom of movement should mean freedom of movement. But you know there isn't that at all. 

I'm talking about actual international law.  In the UN Declaration of Human Rights, Article 13 sets forth mobility rights, Article 13.2 states:

"Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country."

If by you saying "But you know there isn't that at all" you mean that everyone should have the right to enter & stay in any damned foreign country they please, that's not a right the UN nor any country with rule of law recognizes, nor should it.  If Canada allowed that, hundreds of millions of 3rd world migrants would quickly flow into Canada and it would become a 3rd world crap-hole, where civil war would break out as the largest groups would fight for political control of the country.  I'll pass.

14 hours ago, hot enough said:

Not that I am doubting your historical record on this but I have never heard you speak up to these deniers of history who basically deny the war crimes/terrorism of the US/UK/... . 

If there were the same group of people making excuses for Hitler and the Holocaust would you be as silent?

I rarely post here anymore since this forum has spiraled into a steaming pile of dog turd.  I posted much more frequently before you joined.  Search my username and the words "gitmo" or "abu ghraib" or "cheney" etc. and you'll see, ie:

I am well aware of the depravity of much of mankind. The point is though, we are supposed to be better than that. Are you comfortable with the stunning hypocrisy?

I 100% completely agree with you, and have said similar:

1 hour ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Race should not matter.

Yes it should. It seems the left is trying to bring canada down to the level of 3rd world countries instead of bringing them up to our standards. But instead ,just bring everyone here until the country is ripped apart , instead of forcing the other countries to get their shit together and follow our lead.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, hot enough said:

The point is though, we are supposed to be better than that. Are you comfortable with the stunning hypocrisy?

Talk about stunning hypocrisy.  There we have it right there - the soft bigotry of low expectations.  You think other people are inferior to us, therefore need to be babied and all their wrongs are dismissed because they are soooo inferior to us that they cannot be held responsible for anything they do, and should be protected from the consequences of their bad choices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Talk about stunning hypocrisy.  There we have it right there - the soft bigotry of low expectations.  You think other people are inferior to us, therefore need to be babied and all their wrongs are dismissed because they are soooo inferior to us that they cannot be held responsible for anything they do, and should be protected from the consequences of their bad choices.

A university education is something that is supposed help a body with critical thinking skills in order to assist a body to not draw wild, off the wall, ridiculous conclusions for which a body has no evidence/proof. 

Would a cursory search find this to be a "Rebel" meme?

27 minutes ago, PIK said:

Yes it should. It seems the left is trying to bring canada down to the level of 3rd world countries instead of bringing them up to our standards. But instead ,just bring everyone here until the country is ripped apart , instead of forcing the other countries to get their shit together and follow our lead.

Yes, let's have them follow our genocidal, war criminal, terrorists standards. How long do you suppose it should take them to invade 90 percent of the countries of the world like the British have or how long will it take them to illegally invaded over 70 nations like the USA has done, murdering tense of millions just to steal their wealth.

Come on poor, developing third world nations, you can be just like the USA/UK if you take our "How to become a pirate/terrorist/war criminal nation" from Trumpian University where we will teach you the finer points of raping and pillaging. 

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I rarely post here anymore since this forum has spiraled into a steaming pile of dog turd.  I posted much more frequently before you joined.  Search my username and the 

I believe you. Good work. Don't you think it's amazing, stunning, unbelievable, ... how so many go on believing the rank, oh so transparent propaganda of the USA, UK, Canada, ... ?

Is immigration itself the problem or handing out citizenship too easily? I don't really know is it easy or difficult for an immigrant to get the Canadian citizenship.

What I do know is that in Finland it is a piece of cake for a foreigner to become a Finnish citizen and they can keep their old citizenship too, so they become dual-citizens.