We all are racists

Altai

On 6/27/2018 at 11:49 AM, BuzzKillington said:

We're not nearly as evolved as we think we are. 

True, but we are also malleable.  Somebody was able to convince the tribe only a few thousand years ago that murder was wrong.  Somebody else has convinced people that Democrats and Republicans are a tribe.

I would like to make a tribe of people who listen to each other and think.  We will not go to war with the other tribe, but will give them some healthcare and help even though they fight against it. 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:59 AM, Penderyn said:

Since there is only one human race, racism is obviously a sick perversion.

There are many tribes, as the post to which you respond, notes. And BuzzKillington's statement that the emergence of racial differentiation as an evolutionary survival strategy is quite likely accurate. Scientifically speaking, humans constitute a species rather than a race. There is much debate about the actual basis and meaning of the concept of "race" in terms of its modern usage. Some view it as a biological or genetic construct while others see it as a social construct. The fact that racial distinctions are so pervasive suggests they don't constitute a "perversion" any more than does religion, which is clearly a pervasive and often divisive social or human construct. "Racism" is essentially in its modern application a moral rather than scientific issue. And morality is subjective, which is why the debate about racism is so heated.

Racism is indeed innate as we can see from our primate cousins who instinctively  are aggressive to 'strangers'.  However that doesn't mean we have to give in to our animal impulses.

As far as the atomic bombs over Hiroshima & Nagasaki, even Japanese historians admit that they saved more lives they took.

USA had two choices.  One, drop the bombs killing maybe 100,000 and end the war,  or, invade Japan which everyone agrees would have likely resulted in a million deaths on both sides.

BTW the non nuclear incendiary single night of  bombing of Tokyo produced far more deaths.

Further uneeded proof that war indeed is Hell.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:59 AM, Penderyn said:

Since there is only one human race, racism is obviously a sick perversion.

The word racism is being overplayed and is mostly applied by the left wing liberal media to white people to try and shut down anyone who is white and who dares to question or make comment about another race of people. It has become taboo and has become a sacred cow to appear anywhere in public and speaking negatively about another race. It is just not the politically incorrect Canadian thing to be doing.

So, why would a white person be called a racist just for saying that they are proud of their white race? I cannot see anywhere that saying so would be seen as being or promoting racism. Why do you want to call it a "sick perversion" for doing so? Just asking. 

52 minutes ago, taxme said:

The word racism is being overplayed and is mostly applied by the left wing liberal media to white people to try and shut down anyone who is white and who dares to question or make comment about another race of people. It has become taboo and has become a sacred cow to appear anywhere in public and speaking negatively about another race. It is just not the politically incorrect Canadian thing to be doing.

So, why would a white person be called a racist just for saying that they are proud of their white race? I cannot see anywhere that saying so would be seen as being or promoting racism. Why do you want to call it a "sick perversion" for doing so? Just asking. 

Favoring strongly some one group of people based upon something is also reflective of racism because it associates a belief THAT the external appearance of someone defines their thoughts stereotypically. By implication it also hides their discrimination in the following way:

If you 'favor X', although it may not mean you 'disfavor some non-X' , if the intepretation of one's favor is strictly exclusive to X, then you also think of all of what is not-X as excluded of your interest.

For example, if one goes to a dating site and is FORCED to state one of distinct options of what sex you favor, the site inteprets those options as exclusive. For instance, they would interpret one as being either absolutely "heterosexual" or exclusively "homosexual", with no acceptance of variation, like one who may be "bisexual". The more clear way of allowing for the alternative beliefs is to have a list of those things you do NOT prefer. But though this would be clearer, it also PROVES what one really means if they are 'strictly homosexual' when they assert that they are not willing to accept any of the opposite sex. 

That is, we 'know' that when one asserts they are strictly "homosexual", that they ARE implying they refuse acceptance of sexual relations with the opposite sex.

So if you say that you have "White Pride", it is confusing first because being 'white' does not EXCLUDE variation of culture, religion, traditions, or opinion. That is, you are implicitly implying something about being 'white' that is in your head something exclusive and strict. So, then by implication, by stereotyping someone's skin color as something to proud about, if it is not merely some cosmetic approval of having white skin versus a tan or one coloring their skin with tats, you are an ANTI-non-White believer, that believes non-Whites have distinctly different genetic qualities that link to their behavior. 

Also, does one who says they are a 'homosexual male' mean they would love ANY arbitrary male over ANY arbitrary female? If they believe so, then they are Anti-heterosexual by logical standards by proving they stereotype all others outside as exclusively distinct. In reality, no one would actually favor ANY and all of the group they associate to with pride.

If you favor chocolate, this does not mean you disfavor anything non-chocolate. But IF you are STRICT to exclusively favor chocolate in that you refuse to eat anything else, you prove bias AGAINST non-chocolate foods for some odd reason.

I also happen to agree that this is being used on the 'left'. They just simply act as similar people discriminating, but they interpret the belief of DISTINCTION as EXCLUSIVE to each member group. They all agree to segregate in to distinct exclusive parts just as a dating site may be interpreted appropriately as interpreting that there are ONLY TWO distinct sexual preferences. That is, they prove they may be discriminating against MIXING preferences and may be ANTI-BISEXUAL, for example.

We are all 'racist' IF we believe in EXCLUSIVE divisions of people's beliefs and behaviors as OWNED by their genetic racial class, like if one believes that "Rap" is strictly a "Black" person's ownership that non-Blacks should be permitted to use, or that "Country" is an only-"White" person's right to claim as linked to being 'White'.

Does this make better sense?

9 hours ago, taxme said:

Because, since there is only one, human 'race', he is a sick perverted nutter.    Why do you ask?

14 hours ago, Scott Mayers said:

Favoring strongly some one group of people based upon something is also reflective of racism because it associates a belief THAT the external appearance of someone defines their thoughts stereotypically. By implication it also hides their discrimination in the following way:

If you 'favor X', although it may not mean you 'disfavor some non-X' , if the intepretation of one's favor is strictly exclusive to X, then you also think of all of what is not-X as excluded of your interest.

For example, if one goes to a dating site and is FORCED to state one of distinct options of what sex you favor, the site inteprets those options as exclusive. For instance, they would interpret one as being either absolutely "heterosexual" or exclusively "homosexual", with no acceptance of variation, like one who may be "bisexual". The more clear way of allowing for the alternative beliefs is to have a list of those things you do NOT prefer. But though this would be clearer, it also PROVES what one really means if they are 'strictly homosexual' when they assert that they are not willing to accept any of the opposite sex. 

That is, we 'know' that when one asserts they are strictly "homosexual", that they ARE implying they refuse acceptance of sexual relations with the opposite sex.

So if you say that you have "White Pride", it is confusing first because being 'white' does not EXCLUDE variation of culture, religion, traditions, or opinion. That is, you are implicitly implying something about being 'white' that is in your head something exclusive and strict. So, then by implication, by stereotyping someone's skin color as something to proud about, if it is not merely some cosmetic approval of having white skin versus a tan or one coloring their skin with tats, you are an ANTI-non-White believer, that believes non-Whites have distinctly different genetic qualities that link to their behavior. 

Also, does one who says they are a 'homosexual male' mean they would love ANY arbitrary male over ANY arbitrary female? If they believe so, then they are Anti-heterosexual by logical standards by proving they stereotype all others outside as exclusively distinct. In reality, no one would actually favor ANY and all of the group they associate to with pride.

If you favor chocolate, this does not mean you disfavor anything non-chocolate. But IF you are STRICT to exclusively favor chocolate in that you refuse to eat anything else, you prove bias AGAINST non-chocolate foods for some odd reason.

I also happen to agree that this is being used on the 'left'. They just simply act as similar people discriminating, but they interpret the belief of DISTINCTION as EXCLUSIVE to each member group. They all agree to segregate in to distinct exclusive parts just as a dating site may be interpreted appropriately as interpreting that there are ONLY TWO distinct sexual preferences. That is, they prove they may be discriminating against MIXING preferences and may be ANTI-BISEXUAL, for example.

We are all 'racist' IF we believe in EXCLUSIVE divisions of people's beliefs and behaviors as OWNED by their genetic racial class, like if one believes that "Rap" is strictly a "Black" person's ownership that non-Blacks should be permitted to use, or that "Country" is an only-"White" person's right to claim as linked to being 'White'.

Does this make better sense?

WTH? We have gay pride days and gays are proud of that day and their homosexuality. So does this mean that because they say they are proud of their gayness that they hate heterosexuals? No one would dare say that gays are anti-heterosexual for saying that they are proud to be gay. The whole thing here is that white people are just not allowed to say that they are proud of who they are. They are racists for saying so. Bull chit to that. I am proud to be white so go ahead call me a racist, see if I give a chit. It's all just pure liberal zionist crap. White people cannot even have a white history day but blacks can have a black history day. Do you see any racism there? Probably not. 

7 hours ago, Penderyn said:

Because, since there is only one, human 'race', he is a sick perverted nutter.    Why do you ask?

Why do I ask you say? I guess that having a black history month or a gay pride week or celebrate aboriginal day or allowing Sikh parades or celebrate Chinese holidays well then they must be put in the same catagory as "sick perversion" also?  I mean if straight white people are not allowed to at least say hello, I am here, and not be able to celebrate their own whiteness than why should anyone else be able to celebrate who they are and not be considered a bunch of sick perverted people also?". There is something wrong with this racist picture here. 

It's okay to be white. :)

I understand the parallel that you guys are drawing, but there's something that you are overlooking:

All of those groups - blacks, LGT, Aboriginals etc, have a history of being oppressed - and generally by whites. 
They are also much smaller (at least in North America), than the white population. 

Instead of celebrating whiteness, you can celebrate your German, Polish, Italian, Irish, English, Scottish, Danish etc ancestry. 
But to take all those cultures together, and call them white, and celebrate that, seems exclusionary, because whites make up such a large percentage of the North American population. 

28 minutes ago, Jariax said:

I understand the parallel that you guys are drawing, but there's something that you are overlooking:

All of those groups - blacks, LGT, Aboriginals etc, have a history of being oppressed - and generally by whites. 
They are also much smaller (at least in North America), than the white population. 

Instead of celebrating whiteness, you can celebrate your German, Polish, Italian, Irish, English, Scottish, Danish etc ancestry. 
But to take all those cultures together, and call them white, and celebrate that, seems exclusionary, because whites make up such a large percentage of the North American population. 

Of course it is so. Lancastrians are predominantly white, after all.  I have English pride, and Yorkshire pride, but no white pride.

That said, I have no white guilt either, and if I have any white privilege, it's not my fault, so I don't care.

5 hours ago, Jariax said:

Well then why is it that the white people altogether cannot be able to have a British/European Day declared and be celebrated in Canada? Why is that? I believe that it is because it was once that was once considered by some eastern maritime zionist organization that thought that doing so would be promoting "white supremacy". What bloody nonsense on their part to say such a thing. One has to wonder here then as to who are the real racists here? Just saying. 

On 7/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, taxme said:

WTH? We have gay pride days and gays are proud of that day and their homosexuality. So does this mean that because they say they are proud of their gayness that they hate heterosexuals? No one would dare say that gays are anti-heterosexual for saying that they are proud to be gay. The whole thing here is that white people are just not allowed to say that they are proud of who they are. They are racists for saying so. Bull chit to that. I am proud to be white so go ahead call me a racist, see if I give a chit. It's all just pure liberal zionist crap. White people cannot even have a white history day but blacks can have a black history day. Do you see any racism there? Probably not. 

I am saying White Pride IS racist. But I extend that to ANY "Pride" when it is promoted. All LBGTQ people are NOT linked to a belief in 'pride' either. This is only a requirement when the society is discriminating in a way that is based on some other 'pride' being promoted of things like "whiteness". 

If you are asserting why NOT have "White Pride" given the acceptance of other forms of "Pride", I agree in principle to the logic but disagree if you are actually supporting ANY "pride", including being "white". You have to respect that "Pride" is a strong belief IN one's own however defined, with exclusion to outsiders. SO, if you hold ANY such beliefs, then this IS the rationale justified by any one of them to DISCRIMINATE of others because these beliefs by any means are discriminatory.

If you are 'white' but only envious of the present "pride" groups, you can't complain because while the PARTICULAR 'pride' groups may NOT discriminate against all groups, they are rationally discriminate against at least some group NOT of their own. So you can't complain about "unfairness" when you embrace a concept, "Pride", because by its meaning, it requires "unfairness". 

This is why I don't support ANY of these groups. They are just forms of religion to me.

Edited by Scott Mayers

• 2 weeks later...

"We wuz oppressed!" 

So as you can plainly see by every comment, it matters not who is in charge. It doesn't matter if women are in charge, or minorities, or natives, or the evil white male patriarchy, or little green aliens from mars, the status quo for any human society will ALWAYS be racism and oppression, hatred and disparagement of the out-group. As always it will be rationalized by stupid inversions like "We wuz oppressed!" therefore we feel justified in becoming the oppressor. 

Just as was in every human society created in all history, nothing has changed. "Pride" in your little in-grouping, hatred for everyone else. 

We're all just playing "Lord of the Flies" behind a thin veneer of civilization. 

And so shall it ever be. 

"Same as it ever was..." - The Talking Heads

On 7/5/2018 at 11:52 AM, Jariax said:

It's an odd argument to make because it applies only to the interaction of some groups with peoples of European extraction. But what about all the oppression by and toward others that's characterized human history? Discrimination, slavery and other depredation have characterized collective human interaction since the beginning of time. What can fairly be said is that the mainly European-derived Western countries, and particularly those that have integrated large numbers of immigrants, have been among the most prominent in promoting diversity (in the non-political sense of that term) and tolerance. Even in their treatment of indigenous peoples, places like Canada and Australia acknowledge past problems and mistakes while trying to find productive ways to move forward. And where else but in the West has the LGBT population found general acceptance and inclusion? We in the West like to castigate ourselves for our supposedly insufferable intolerance but I think this amounts in many cases to genuflecting to politically correct dogma.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, Scott Mayers said:

I am saying White Pride IS racist. But I extend that to ANY "Pride" when it is promoted. All LBGTQ people are NOT linked to a belief in 'pride' either. This is only a requirement when the society is discriminating in a way that is based on some other 'pride' being promoted of things like "whiteness". 

If you are asserting why NOT have "White Pride" given the acceptance of other forms of "Pride", I agree in principle to the logic but disagree if you are actually supporting ANY "pride", including being "white". You have to respect that "Pride" is a strong belief IN one's own however defined, with exclusion to outsiders. SO, if you hold ANY such beliefs, then this IS the rationale justified by any one of them to DISCRIMINATE of others because these beliefs by any means are discriminatory.

If you are 'white' but only envious of the present "pride" groups, you can't complain because while the PARTICULAR 'pride' groups may NOT discriminate against all groups, they are rationally discriminate against at least some group NOT of their own. So you can't complain about "unfairness" when you embrace a concept, "Pride", because by its meaning, it requires "unfairness". 

This is why I don't support ANY of these groups. They are just forms of religion to me.

Saying that one is proud of his white race and it's achievements and accomplishments is not being racist. That is not promoting racism. It is only people like you and others that want to see racism in anything that has to do with white people saying something nice and wonderful about themselves. It seems that only white people cannot be able to say how proud they are of their race and for those to say that it is racism is probably racist themselves against white people. The zionist anti-white haters really have you conditioned and brainwashed. 

I have mentioned many times here as to why there is no "White History Month"? There is a Black History Month celebrated. That can be seen as promoting hatred and racism. We have a Aboriginal Day. That can be seen as promoting hatred and racism. Sikhs have big parades to celebrate their religion and people and no one calls it trying to promote hatred or racism. But when white people ask for one day a year for themselves they are immediately called and labelled racists and are trying to promote white supremacy. 

Hey, if one group is going to be able to be recognized and have their day celebrated is okay, than why not others be allowed to be able to do the same thing also? Uhmmm?  

On 7/17/2018 at 5:35 PM, taxme said:

Saying that one is proud of his white race and it's achievements and accomplishments is not being racist. That is not promoting racism. It is only people like you and others that want to see racism in anything that has to do with white people saying something nice and wonderful about themselves. It seems that only white people cannot be able to say how proud they are of their race and for those to say that it is racism is probably racist themselves against white people. The zionist anti-white haters really have you conditioned and brainwashed. 

I have mentioned many times here as to why there is no "White History Month"? There is a Black History Month celebrated. That can be seen as promoting hatred and racism. We have a Aboriginal Day. That can be seen as promoting hatred and racism. Sikhs have big parades to celebrate their religion and people and no one calls it trying to promote hatred or racism. But when white people ask for one day a year for themselves they are immediately called and labelled racists and are trying to promote white supremacy. 

Hey, if one group is going to be able to be recognized and have their day celebrated is okay, than why not others be allowed to be able to do the same thing also? Uhmmm?  

I'm not sure what you mean by "white pride"? It's a generic term that seems mainly to imply reference to genetic characteristics like skin and eye color. Personally, I don't see much point in that. I think there is a valid case to be made that we should be proud of the accomplishments of Western civilization, out of which and despite often tumultuous battles, concepts like democracy and individualism have become firmly rooted. The cultural and material accomplishments of Western civilization massively impact the entire globe and likely will continue to do so for quite some time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turningrite said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "white pride"? It's a generic term that seems mainly to imply reference to genetic characteristics like skin and eye color. Personally, I don't see much point in that. I think there is a valid case to be made that we should be proud of the accomplishments of Western civilization, out of which and despite often tumultuous battles, concepts like democracy and individualism have become firmly rooted. The cultural and material accomplishments of Western civilization massively impact the entire globe and likely will continue to do so for quite some time.

I don't think that you are getting my drift at all here. So, if you are unable to figure it out well there is not much point going further with you on this. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, taxme said:

I don't think that you are getting my drift at all here. So, if you are unable to figure it out well there is not much point going further with you on this. 

You appear to be talking about white nationalism or white separatism, in which case you should explicitly state this.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:00 AM, turningrite said:

Well said.  I feel pride in being Canadian, in the Western ideals of equality and freedom.  My skin color seems irrelevant to being Canadian and supporting those ideals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turningrite said:

You appear to be talking about white nationalism or white separatism, in which case you should explicitly state this.

I believe that I have been talking about white nationalism. Got it now? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Well said.  I feel pride in being Canadian, in the Western ideals of equality and freedom.  My skin color seems irrelevant to being Canadian and supporting those ideals.

Good for you. So why do people like you seem to always have a problem with White British/Europeans having a "White History Month" named after them? Did white people not contribute to the building of Canada also like blacks or Asians or East Indians were suppose to have done? They all get recognized for their contributions to the building of Canada.. Why are you so upset and against this. Are you like some people out there who think that having a "White History Month" is promoting white supremacy? Please explain to me as to why you have this problem. Over. 

PS: In 1971 the white population of Canada was 97%. In 2018 the white population has declined to 64%. But according to you, white people should not panic about this just yet, right? We should just wait to see what happens in another twenty years. But maybe by then it will be too late for old whitey. That should make some people here very happy to hear that.  Maybe even you? Just saying. 

Edited by taxme

20 minutes ago, taxme said:

I believe that I have been talking about white nationalism. Got it now? :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up! In reading your posts on this topic I thought you were trying to argue the hypocrisy entailed in other tribal/racial identity movements as well as in identity politics in general. But now that I know you're a white nationalist, which I don't believe you specifically noted in your prior posts, I'll at least understand your perspective.

19 hours ago, taxme said:

Are you like some people out there who think that having a "White History Month" is promoting white supremacy? Please explain to me as to why you have this problem

Had no idea a "White History Month" had been proposed. 

Every month is "White History Month" as far as I can tell.  There are an awful lot of monuments, special days, museum exhibits, history books, school courses, TV shows, documentaries and movies describing and celebrating White European history and accomplishments already.  Having a whole special month for that would seem like overkill.  Taking a month off from our own narcissism to focus on someone else is good for us, reminds us that we aren't the only game in town.