We all are racists

Altai

On 10/30/2017 at 1:43 PM, Altai said:

Nahhh, I thought of you are going to say that, so you will claim that you was not born at that time. No I dont burrow because I apologized, you know its a magic word. Western countries usually use it after they "mistakenly" bomb civilians in ME and it solves the problem. You should respect this magic word and it's power. 

You should start to respect the magic words of what freedom of speech is all about. They are powerful words that scare a lot of people who despise those words. Is there anywhere in Central Asia where freedom of speech is practiced? I mean real freedom of speech, and not the politically correct freedom of speech. Hello? 

On 10/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, Altai said:

Why you didnt accept my offer if you were self confident ? You could even offer me just the opposite. You swallow the bait and cannot dare to challange against my bluff. I apologize, it was not you but was BCsapper. You elders all the same for me, so in real life or here, I dont care people's names and cannot keep in mind. 

I think still I can wriggle out of this. So Canada and US were allies at WW2. These countries are ruled by "democracy". So you choose statesmen to decisions for your behalf. US bombed civilians in Japan based on some illogical excuses which I told about in my pre posts and your govt supported it, so you supported it.

Okay, problem solved ^_^

What you don't understand is the U.S. did not start the war with Japan.  Japan was not willing to surrender and was going to defend itself with every citizen on the island.  They were preparing to fight to the last person.  It would have cost the U.S. tens of thousands of lives to take control of Japan.  That's why the U.S. decided the atomic bombs would save U.S. lives and probably save Japanese lives too because fewer people would be killed than having to fight hand to hand on the island as well as use conventional bombs which also kill a lot of people.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What you don't understand is the U.S. did not start the war with Japan. 

Yes, the US did start the war with Japan. Had Japan had the power to do what the US did, the US would have launched war on Japan. 

Japan was not willing to surrender and was going to defend itself with every citizen on the island.  They were preparing to fight to the last person.  It would have cost the U.S. tens of thousands of lives to take control of Japan.  That's why the U.S. decided the atomic bombs would save U.S. lives and probably save Japanese lives too because fewer people would be killed than having to fight hand to hand on the island as well as use conventional bombs which also kill a lot of people.

The old bullshit is still being shoveled around. The US didn't care one whit about the Japanese people. The US was racist as hell against the Japanese, Roosevelt was one of the biggest racists of all. The USA imprisoned US citizens of Japanese descent and stole all their property. 

The Japanese had approached a number of countries regarding surrender but US officials, having spent so much developing the atomic bomb were loathe not to use it. Moral individuals could have had a demonstration but not the USA, they bombed citizens in two cities three days apart, giving no time for the Japanese to react? 

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

Yes, the US did start the war with Japan. Had Japan had the power to do what the US did, the US would have launched war on Japan. 

Yes, the US started the war by violently placing its cruisers and battleships and airfields in the path of falling Japanese bombs. The US started the war by existing on the other side of the planet while the Japanese invaded Chine and SE Asia and massacred civilians by the millions. 

What delusional conspiracy theorist nonsense are you peddling around WWII now? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bonam said:

Yes, the US started the war by violently placing its cruisers and battleships and airfields in the path of falling Japanese bombs. The US started the war by existing on the other side of the planet while the Japanese invaded Chine and SE Asia and massacred civilians by the millions. 

Americans are woefully ignorant of their own history. Such is the outcome of a lifetime of brainwashing. Manufest destiny, kind and benevolent, a beacon of freedom, these and many more, all total bullshit.

Using documents pried loose through the Freedom of Information Act during 17 years of research, Stinnett provides overwhelming evidence that FDR and his top advisers knew that Japanese warships were heading toward Hawaii. The heart of his argument is even more inflammatory: Stinnett argues that FDR, who desired to sway public opinion in support of U.S. entry into WWII, instigated a policy intended to provoke a Japanese attack.

The plan was outlined in a U.S. Naval Intelligence secret strategy memo of October 1940; Roosevelt immediately began implementing its eight steps (which included deploying U.S. warships in Japanese territorial waters and imposing a total embargo intended to strangle Japan's economy), all of which, according to Stinnett, climaxed in the Japanese attack. Stinnett, a decorated naval veteran of WWII who served under then Lt. George Bush, substantiates his charges with a wealth of persuasive documents, including many government and military memos and transcripts. Demolishing the myth that the Japanese fleet maintained strict radio silence, he shows that several Japanese naval broadcasts, intercepted by American cryptographers in the 10 days before December 7, confirmed that Japan intended to start the war at Pearl Harbor. 

https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-684-85339-0

What delusional conspiracy theorist nonsense are you peddling around WWII now? 

You are the conspiracy theorist as you are the one that believes in the cockamamie conspiracy theories advanced by the lyingest government that has ever existed, the USA.

The ones that never have any evidence to back them, just rank propaganda.

Edited by hot enough

Just now, blackbird said:

What you don't understand is the U.S. did not start the war with Japan.  Japan was not willing to surrender and was going to defend itself with every citizen on the island.  They were preparing to fight to the last person.  It would have cost the U.S. tens of thousands of lives to take control of Japan.  That's why the U.S. decided the atomic bombs would save U.S. lives and probably save Japanese lives too because fewer people would be killed than having to fight hand to hand on the island as well as use conventional bombs which also kill a lot of people.

These stories cannot be a valid reason to massacre civilians. IF you think that they were going to fight until last person, you have to wait until you see they are figthing until last person. You cant bomb them based on your estimates or based on some claims.

Stop trying to justify it, it can be justified in no way.

17 hours ago, Altai said:

These stories cannot be a valid reason to massacre civilians. IF you think that they were going to fight until last person, you have to wait until you see they are figthing until last person. You cant bomb them based on your estimates or based on some claims.

Stop trying to justify it, it can be justified in no way.

The U.S. had evidence that they were preparing to fight using civilians.   I believe there are videos of civilians being trained to fight.  Surrendering was against Japan's belief system.  They had a strong belief it is better to die than surrender no matter what.   We saw that with the Kamakazi aircraft fighter pilots who crashed their planes into ships on purpose even though they were killed. 

The battle for Okinawa was very difficult because Japanese did not believe in surrendering even when there was no chance.  Thousands of American soldiers were killed there.  The U.S. did not want to repeat that kind of battle on mainland Japan.  It would have been much worse than the Okinawa battle because civilians would have been fighting on their homeland.  The U.S. was not prepared to sacrifice thousands, maybe tens of thousands of American soldiers when there is a way to avoid it.  Americans are responsible to protect their own people first.  That's what war means.  It is not an equal opportunity deal.

Today, 77 years later, the U.S. and Japan are very close together.  Trump is in Japan right now and with the Japanese Prime Minister, having dinner and discussing issues of mutual concern.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The U.S. had evidence that they were preparing to fight using civilians.   I believe there are videos of civilians being trained to fight.  Surrendering was against Japan's belief system.  They had a strong belief it is better to die than surrender no matter what.   We saw that with the Kamakazi aircraft fighter pilots who crashed their planes into ships on purpose even though they were killed. 

The battle for Okinawa was very difficult because Japanese did not believe in surrendering even when there was no chance.  Thousands of American soldiers were killed there.  The U.S. did not want to repeat that kind of battle on mainland Japan.  It would have been much worse than the Okinawa battle because civilians would have been fighting on their homeland.  The U.S. was not prepared to sacrifice thousands, maybe tens of thousands of American soldiers when there is a way to avoid it.  Americans are responsible to protect their own people first.  That's what war means.  It is not an equal opportunity deal.

Today, 77 years later, the U.S. and Japan are very close together.  Trump is in Japan right now and with the Japanese Prime Minister, having dinner and discussing issues of mutual concern.

Then its OK for ISIS to blowin your country up. Maybe they had evidence that Canadian civilians are going to fight against them until the last person. 

Is it OK ?

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

They already do.  There have been a number of attacks in the U.S. and Canada by ISIS followers.

That's a very christian position to take.

The attacks have been miniscule compared to US/Canadian/UK/Aussie/... attacks on their countries. What are we talking? a hundred, two hundred compared to millions, 500,000 plus babies under five. 

Edited by hot enough

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Same old same old.  You have nothing new to contribute except the same old nonsense.  Nobody believes it.

Speaking of the same ole nonsense, blackbird.

What you mean is "no one wants to believe it" but everyone knows it is true. 

Notice how you avoid the facts like the proverbial plague. You were even too frightened to quote me. 

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

They already do.  There have been a number of attacks in the U.S. and Canada by ISIS followers.

They do and its called "terrorism", so its not a justified action. What makes the difference ? Being a state justify terrorism ?

9 hours ago, Altai said:

They do and its called "terrorism", so its not a justified action. What makes the difference ? Being a state justify terrorism ?

I explained why, but you are not listening.  Obviously you are determined to equate it with terrorism and won't listen to any reason.  You seem to have a mental block or a blindness.   I will pray that Jesus open your eyes to the truth about Jesus and you come to Jesus and the Bible.  Those who believe that Jesus died for them and rose from the dead, trust in him as Lord and Savior have their sins forgiven and will have eternal life now.  See John 3:16,  read the Bible, gospel of John, pray, and find a little church.

Edited by blackbird

49 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I explained why, but you are not listening.  Obviously you are determined to equate it with terrorism and won't listen to any reason.  You seem to have a mental block or a blindness.   I will pray that Jesus open your eyes to the truth about Jesus and you come to Jesus and the Bible.  Those who believe that Jesus died for them and rose from the dead, trust in him as Lord and Savior have their sins forgiven and will have eternal life now.  See John 3:16,  read the Bible, gospel of John, pray, and find a little church.

Do you know that yesterday a person who was probably a Christian murdered 25 persons and I am sure he had some reasons in his mind to justify murdering these innocent people including a baby and a kid. So you are not different, you have the same mentality with this psychopatic maniac. You are trying to justify murdering innocent people claiming you had evidence that they are going to attack somewhere. Then you need to atomic bomb everywhere in the World until there is no people left other than only you because there is always possiblity for someones are going to attack you. 

You are a dangerous person.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 1:44 PM, drummindiver said:

And then they call white people the only racists around town. This black is a racist plain and simple, and has nothing on old whitey. Thank gawd that racist biotch won't be getting her dirty grubby killer hands on any newborn white baby, and be able to murder them. And as if only white people commit terrorism, rape people, commit racist acts,  killers, and commit domestic violence. This biotch should be more concerned about all the black violence and murder every day that has and is still going on in Chicago these past few years and maybe even decades. Thousands of blacks murdered by other blacks. And she is worried about white people and that they should be sacrificed to the wolves.

I would like to send her to Chicago to a black neighborhood for a month and see if she survives that long. I am pretty sure that after her being there for a month she will be running to the nearest white community as fast as she can get her azz out of there, and back to some white civilized community. Let's be honest here. I am pretty sure that for all the whining and crying that black people do about white people, I am sure that they would never want to go and live in some African country because they know what goes on over in those countries. Life appears to mean nothing to those people in Africa according to what I have seen on TV and on the internet. Just saying.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 10:27 AM, Altai said:

We all are racists because being racist is something innate. Despite we logically recognize that its wrong, most of the time we cant stop being racist on purpose or instinctively. Now I will explain more, what is being racist ? its supporting - defending your racially close relatives more, seeing them superior and perfect. This is the same thing that a mother feels for her children, this is the same thing you feel for your family members for your father for your mother for your brother or sister, this is the same thing even you feel for your dog. This is the same thing you feel for your deskmate or best friend. We all are racists despite we know its wrong and our lovely ones may not be right all the time and they are not perfect.

You claim that being racist is innate, and I must say that I profoundly reject this. I think a more accurate statement would fall somewhere along the spectrum of "it is likely that all members within society hold racist or prejudice beliefs, whether consciously or unconsciously, do to the effects of media, socialization, and so on". And even then, I think some might contest this, all though I do generally believe it. When you say that racism is "innate", you really bring down your own argument. I understand the rationale for believing that everyone, in some way, is racist, or at least stereotypes others, but to say that this is "innate" and therefore something we are born with and not something we learn is an extremely dangerous statement. Because really, it's a big statement to say everyone in society is racist, but it's an even bigger statement to say that everyone in society is born racist and that's the reason we all hold racist beliefs.

Racism is something that is learned overtime, and it is either learned subtly through media portrayal, family influence, peer influence, etc. or it is learned in another way that is far more blatant, such as your parents telling you something negative about a race and expecting you to adhere to that belief system. We may all be racist, but this is a result of learning, socialization, childhood experiences, but what it is not is "innate". You are not already born with a very specific conceptualization of the world and its people.

Edited by Ginsy

9 hours ago, Ginsy said:

You claim that being racist is innate, and I must say that I profoundly reject this. I think a more accurate statement would fall somewhere along the spectrum of "it is likely that all members within society hold racist or prejudice beliefs, whether consciously or unconsciously, do to the effects of media, socialization, and so on". And even then, I think some might contest this, all though I do generally believe it. When you say that racism is "innate", you really bring down your own argument. I understand the rationale for believing that everyone, in some way, is racist, or at least stereotypes others, but to say that this is "innate" and therefore something we are born with and not something we learn is an extremely dangerous statement. Because really, it's a big statement to say everyone in society is racist, but it's an even bigger statement to say that everyone in society is born racist and that's the reason we all hold racist beliefs.

Racism is something that is learned overtime, and it is either learned subtly through media portrayal, family influence, peer influence, etc. or it is learned in another way that is far more blatant, such as your parents telling you something negative about a race and expecting you to adhere to that belief system. We may all be racist, but this is a result of learning, socialization, childhood experiences, but what it is not is "innate". You are not already born with a very specific conceptualization of the world and its people.

Nope its not learned but feed by society because everyone is innate racist. News born babies are also racists, they prefer to sleep in their moms arms and they feel uncomfy in someone else arms. Your theory collapse.

35 minutes ago, Altai said:

Nope its not learned but feed by society because everyone is innate racist. News born babies are also racists, they prefer to sleep in their moms arms and they feel uncomfy in someone else arms. Your theory collapse.

A baby preferring to sleep in the arms of its mother instead of someone else's has nothing to do with race. A baby is likely to choose their mother over anyone in almost any situation by virtue of them having a special connection with their mother. They would choose their mother over another person of the same race. Again, this has nothing to do with the race and more to do with the psychology behind the extremely close relationship between a baby and its mother. 

9 minutes ago, Ginsy said:

A baby preferring to sleep in the arms of its mother instead of someone else's has nothing to do with race. A baby is likely to choose their mother over anyone in almost any situation by virtue of them having a special connection with their mother. They would choose their mother over another person of the same race. Again, this has nothing to do with the race and more to do with the psychology behind the extremely close relationship between a baby and its mother. 

Yeah, like as we all have a virtue of having special connection with our racially close relatives. People behave racist because their feeling of having a special connection with their relatives are repressing their logic.

It is hard to say this, but to some extent, I do agree with Altai on this one.   Not that people are naturally "racist", i.e. discriminate due to race alone, but that people are naturally very discrimanatory.  It is a survival mechanism.  A newborne is totally unaware of the race of its Mother, it is a BIOLOGICAL bond that the baby (human or animal) must exploit to acquire nutrition and protection.  It is well known in the broader animal kindgom that surrogate mothers and children can bond equally well as natural child/mother pairs (or groups).  The transferrance is learned or imposed, but the need to discrimately remain attached to the parent and child(ren) is innate.  For example:  I have a neice who is black, my nephew is white, their children are of a different race from their Mother - do you think that matters one bit to her???? (or the kids, or us for that matter).

Another example is the endless tribal genocide that defines sub-Sahran Africa.  Everyone there is the same race, but the innate dicriminatory nature of the species is that we can easily learn what charactaristics can be used to define another person or group that should be hated to the point of killing them for no other reason than they are (fill in ANY words in the blank).  Once one tribe has fallen into that trap, their surrounding tribes need to learn how to discriminately guard themselves from the other, and pre-emptive stikes are but on protective mechanism.  Wiping out the entire group is a long-term and permanent solution.

My hypothesis is adequately demonstrated by the outburst of religious discrimination within this thread.  Religion is a fairy-tale invention to satiate that inate need to discriminate.

In fairness to Altai, I think it is what is lost in translation to English that has chosen the word "racist" in the place of "discriminatory".   If I could do anywhere near as well in my second language as she does in English, I would be proud and satisfied - but similarly hardly free of egregious errors.

OH: and regarding Japan - you can bet your bottom dollar that the US knew full well that the Pearl Harbour attack was coming.   One of my very good friends and mentor in international affairs was one of the cultural anthropologists who worked with the crypto-geeks to master that Japanese naval code and most of all, how the key to the code was changed.  They intercepted and decoded virtually ALL Japanese Naval transmissions.  Because of his intimate knowledge and familiarity with all things Japan, I have learned to look at this from that side as well.  What Japan was trying to do was copy US imperialist expansion in the Asia-Pacific region.  Them being one of THE most racist races on the planet, they used the idea of "asia for asians" to try to gently nudge whitey from the region.  So, it really was Japan that started the process rolling, unless you go back to Euro and Yankee imperialist intrusion into the area centuries before.   Just for the record, though:  Japan was one of the most viscious and violent occupiers in human history.  I have Chinese friends (now all deceased) who lived through that.

On 21/10/2017 at 4:27 PM, Altai said:

We all are racists because being racist is something innate.

To me, this seems a reasonable claim. Our genes drive us in this direction, so we can hardly be held responsible for it. What we are responsible for is our efforts to overcome our nature in areas such as this. We humans are morally obliged to use our brains to override our genes: for example, to decide not to act as racists. Too many humans fail to achieve this.

• 6 months later...

Obviously. "Racism" is an evolved, tribal survival strategy. We all prefer to be around members of our own "tribe" ie: those like us. See: every country in the world, All world History. Even in smelting pots like Canada and the US there are little enclaves in big cities of like minded ethnic groups (Chinatown, Greektown, and so on). In other words, human self segregate into their respective tribal associations. 

We're not nearly as evolved as we think we are. 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:49 PM, BuzzKillington said:

Obviously. "Racism" is an evolved, tribal survival strategy. We all prefer to be around members of our own "tribe" ie: those like us. See: every country in the world, All world History. Even in smelting pots like Canada and the US there are little enclaves in big cities of like minded ethnic groups (Chinatown, Greektown, and so on). In other words, human self segregate into their respective tribal associations. 

We're not nearly as evolved as we think we are. 

Since there is only one human race, racism is obviously a sick perversion.