Quebec's Bill 62

Goddess

55 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's ridonkulous.  And it's an argument that's been debunked over and over again.

Nuns spend their days working their chosen career path.  Praying, tending to religious duties, etc.

Women who are required to burka-up are not devoting their days to worship.  They are trying to cook meals, raise children, work a job, drive to the grocery store.  I'd like to see some men here throw a comforter over their heads for a week and try to live a normal life.

You're obviously mistaken because you haven't provided any proof for anything. That is not at all academic.

And now you are maligning the job of housewife, which is a career path that I believe is still open to women. 

Are Christian women all  over the world being actively/socially coerced into becoming nuns?  No.

Yes, have been for centuries. 

Aside from being silimlar[sic] appearance, they are completely different in their symbolism.

Really!!?? You are attempting to advance this nonsense when nuns are forbidden from becoming priests???

Edited by hot enough

54 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You have basically provided an axiom that says Christianity is better than Islam because the latter is 'most often' coerced whereas the social indoctrination of our society is apparently better... somehow.  

Where in Canada are young girls, en masse, being indoctrinated to be nuns?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

Where in Canada are young girls, en masse, being indoctrinated to be nuns?

'en masse' ... are you aware of the lengths you go to to qualify persecution of one religion by coming up with additional irrelevant qualifiers to the one you want to protect ?  

It's freedom of religion, which includes religious dress, that makes us western.  Now we have the nun's habit is a hard hat, or McDonald's uniform.  And also your 'en masse' qualifier which says that because there are fewer nuns than niqab wearers, we don't have to discriminate against them...

It's a pretzel made of pretzels.

36 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

No idea.  Never understood Quebec.

Well it should be obvious, they're trying to appear reasonable by not being specific.

In these complaint-based time we live in It should be ridiculously easy for people to underscore the idiocy of this law by insisting that officials order any type of face covering be removed.

All you have to do is say 'I'm concerned' and voila.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

'en masse' ... are you aware of the lengths you go to to qualify persecution of one religion by coming up with additional irrelevant qualifiers to the one you want to protect ?  

It's freedom of religion, which includes religious dress, that makes us western.  Now we have the nun's habit is a hard hat, or McDonald's uniform.  And also your 'en masse' qualifier which says that because there are fewer nuns than niqab wearers, we don't have to discriminate against them...

It's a pretzel made of pretzels.

You are the one who said that nuns wearing habits is exactly the same as Muslim women wearing burkas.  I'm pointing out the false aspects of your statement.  ONE of which is that young women all over the world (en masse) are not being forced socially or religiously to become nuns, as young Muslim women are.  TWO - is that nuns enter it voluntarily; it is a job, a career - thus a "uniform".  THREE - nuns are not murdered or have acid thrown in their faces and are not stoned to death for not wearing the habit.  

If you want to compare nuns to Muslim women, then you would need to compare TODAY's Muslim women to nuns in medieval times.  Then you would be onto something.

9 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1. You are the one who said that nuns wearing habits is exactly the same as Muslim women wearing burkas.  I'm pointing out the false aspects of your statement. 

2. ONE of which is that young women all over the world (en masse) are not being forced socially or religiously to become nuns, as young Muslim women are. 

1. They are the same.  Someone else said they're different because it's a work uniform.

2. You can find differences all you want.  The point, though, is for everyone to find a reason to allow safe religions and not ones that bother them.

54 minutes ago, Goddess said:

ONE of which is that young women all over the world (en masse) are not being forced socially or religiously to become nuns, as young Muslim women are. 

Wow, now Muslims are being accused of forcing young Muslim women into nunneries. There's obviously a much larger piece of the sky falling than we previously thought. Chicken Littles, grab your signs and go screeching thru the streets!!

23 hours ago, betsy said:

And the godless (Communists), who believe there's no one to answer to, kill their own people like we swat flies!

3 hours ago, Benz said:

Allow me to help you get more comfortable with this. :)

If a woman is hired as policewoman, do we tell her what to wear? Do we force her to wear a uniform or she can wear whatever she wants? If a woman is a teacher, can she wear whatever she wants? Can she do her job in bikini? Nope, we have a certain minimum requirements and therefore, we tell her what to wear and what not to. Depending on what you do or where you are, there are up to a certain point, rules where we tell women what to wear... just as well as to the men. The rules are the same and applied on both gender. We always said what to where and we will always do. Even if the rules are very flexible, there are still rules.

So, banning a garmant that covers your face, does it remove the women the right to wear what they want? Not more than getting topless into a bus. It's a justified rule for identification.  IT IS NOT, under any circumstances, an excessive restriction over the right for the women to wear what they want.

23 hours ago, betsy said:

And the godless (Communists), who believe there's no one to answer to, kill their own people like we swat flies!

Indeed, communism was one of the worse ISM's that ever existed. Yet there is no problem for anyone to still form a communist party with no problem but yet no one will be allowed to form a Nazi party. Why is that?  It is a well known fact that Hitler despised communism yet the west supported Stalin. Another why was that? 

But like I said, religions have no doubt murdered just as many people as communism has although I must admit that if the people of the world all practiced living by the ten commandments the world would probably be in better shape than what it is in today.  Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

They both arise from the notion that women need to be covered to prove their purity.

Agree.

But one is for women who have chosen to serve God as their profession - thus, a uniform.  The other is mandated for all women.  Few nuns wear the habit these days and they are not murdered or beaten for not wearing it.  If nuns are required to wear burkas, I'm unaware of this requirement, you'd have to fill me in.

I wonder if the Pope suddenly made it a requirement for all Catholic women to wear burkas or face coverings at all times, how that would go over?  I suspect most people would be livid.

20 hours ago, Rue said:

I agree that all religions are equally as suspect. Where I disagree is you are selective in which religions you hate just as you are selective as to what secondary physical characteristics people have that you hate.

In short you pay lip service to sentiments you don't apply equally to all religions.

Please explain to me as to what you meant by me being selective as to which religion I am suppose to hate? Isn't the christian religion basically a white created religion? Did I not include them as part of the problem also? And don't go and try to tell me that Judaism is the one and only peaceful religion. Judaism has no love for non-Jews.

But go ahead and explain what you meant anyway. A need to know so I am able to see the errors of my reply. 

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I wonder if the Pope suddenly made it a requirement for all Catholic women to wear burkas or face coverings at all times, how that would go over?  I suspect most people would be livid.

Popes have always made stupid requirements but that hasn't stopped dumb folks from not being livid. 

I think you should have hung tight with your last "evidence".

18 hours ago, blackbird said:

I agree with Betsy.  The Communists killed about 100 million people in the 20th century imposing their system in the USSR and China, and they opposed and banned any kind of religion.  While they professed to not believe in God and opposed religion, they set up their own belief system based on Karl Marx's ideology.  Anyone who disagreed or questioned it was exterminated.  Hundreds of millions of others were enslaved.  About 1/3 of the world was enslaved and remains so to this day.   I can't think of any religion that killed that many people in the 20th century.  But let's face it the world has always been a place where people fought wars over land, resources or political control for thousands of years.

But yet, society has no problem with allowing the formation of a communist party by anyone who wants to form a communist party today. If there is one party that should never be allowed to be formed and should be banned from becoming a reality is a communist one. Yet, anyone who wants to form a Nazi party is not allowed to do so. Why is that? Nazism came nowhere close to killing as many people as communism did. Yet, Nazism despised communism, and tried to destroy it. There is something wrong with this picture.  

4 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Yet these communist countries are top performers in the world economy.

No doubt thanks to the globalists that they are doing just fine. The elite globalists support countries like China because they pay cheap labor, and the elite globalists like that.