NAFTA negotiations.

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

Trump rejects EU offer of zero auto and other tariffs.

And we are expected to swallow your BS about zero tariffs between the US and Canada.

This brings into focus the multiple claims that the Russians have Trump over a barrel, that the years of money laundering, bribery, corruption, and sanctions busting on behalf of Russian and Ex-Russian oligarchs has given Russian intelligence so much evidence that if they made it available the entire Trump family would be in prison, and Trump Enterprises seized as a corrupt entity under the racketeering act. This would explain why Trump appears to be trying to completely shatter all the US's alliances with its previously firm NATO partners.

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

This brings into focus the multiple claims that the Russians have Trump over a barrel, that the years of money laundering, bribery, corruption, and sanctions busting on behalf of Russian and Ex-Russian oligarchs has given Russian intelligence so much evidence that if they made it available the entire Trump family would be in prison, and Trump Enterprises seized as a corrupt entity under the racketeering act. This would explain why Trump appears to be trying to completely shatter all the US's alliances with its previously firm NATO partners.

Could be, or maybe he is just another megalomaniac on a power trip.

So much for Trump's deadline.

21 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

America milk industry relies heavily on illegal immigrant workers. You’d think they’d be embarrassed to bring the topic up, especially build a wall.

The US enjoys a surplus of 474 million dollars with Canada on dairy products. Still not enough. 

Their subsidies were almost as much as their surplus. Maybe just as much if you include their subsidized feed.

So much for Trump's Friday deadline.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:47 PM, Zeitgeist said:

I realize this is off topic, but I want to warn you that you are being seriously manipulated by disinformation.  There’s serious Russian disinformation that will make it very hard for you to get accurate information.  Be careful. Take note of the ads, pop ups and bogus headlines on this forum and other fora.  It’s very pervasive and few are calling it out.  It’s beyond Trump at this point.  You are being manipulated.  I don’t mean to sound melodramatic, but just be sure you have a good sense about the sources of information.

I think that I would want to prefer to warn you that we are all being seriously manipulated much more by China rather than by Russia. It is the Chinese that have done a lot more hacking into American affairs than Russia has done. No one in the MSM are willing to talk about China like they enjoy doing with Russia. Believe Russia is the least of our worries. What you need to do is to make sure that your sources of information are coming from reliable sources. You just may are being manipulated here. I have learned over the years that when the MSM harp on someone or some thing all the time over and over then I will always then go to the alternative media to see what they have to say about someone or some thing. The left wing liberal media has an agenda to promote and push for to try and convince we the people that we should totally believe as to what they try to preach.     Hey, you never know. :)

50 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

On the basis of Trump’s “off the record” remarks to Bloomberg that Canada will negotiate “totally on our terms”, Canada must walk away from further negotiations with the Trump trade team.  They are not negotiating in good faith, as suspected.  The Canadian government has no choice but to withdraw.  

Freeland said the American team has been negotiating in good faith. The problem is Trump himself. SURPRISE!

After those comments, the Canadians would be completely justified in walking away but Trump's blatant dishonesty sure plays into Canada's hands.

Edited by Wilber

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Obviously the Mexicans had no problem throwing Canada under the bus, so Trump sure as hell won't bend over for "Canadian values" either.

Trudeau is so inept he can't even get the Trans Mountain oil pipeline built in his own country.

Life’s greatest currency is trust, whether in a marriage, between friends, or countries. Trump has completely lost the trust of Canadians. 

33 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Life’s greatest currency is trust, whether in a marriage, between friends, or countries. Trump has completely lost the trust of Canadians. 

Trump never wanted the trust of Canadians...nation states have interests, not friends.

IMHO, some Canadians have a very self serving, over-inflated opinion of the CanAm relationship.

Seek true love elsewhere.....

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Yeah that’s what we’ve come to expect. 

Never should have been otherwise...Canadian media reported shock and dismay from Parliament that the bastard Americans would not automatically stop DPRK ballistic warheads headed for Canada, even though Canada had rejected Missile Defense.   Talk about naive....

The NATO allies who stood up to support the US after 911 have learned a lot in the past year.  Canadians have learned a lot about a sizeable segment of American society.  Nevertheless I always preference the idealistic and constructive to the cynical and destructive.  The US’s murderous shadow acts once done in the name of protecting liberal democracy have lost the cover of that excuse.  The ends used to justify the means are no longer worthy ends.  Your leadership is corrupt and your country and the world going to pay far too high a price, especially on climate change and international relations.  You’ve made your bed now lay in it.  I hope you’re watching McCain’s funeral to see how far you’ve fallen.  Trump is not made of the stuff of Obama or McCain. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The NATO allies who stood up to support the US after 911 have learned a lot in the past year.  Canadians have learned a lot about a sizeable segment of American society.  Nevertheless I always preference the idealistic and constructive to the cynical and destructive.  The US’s murderous shadow acts once done in the name of protecting liberal democracy have lost the cover of that excuse.  The ends used to justify the means are no longer worthy ends. 

Oh, this is still very cynical, and a candid admission that American excesses were quite acceptable as long as "liberal democracy" was being defended by U.S. blood and treasure.   Trump has just exposed the deadbeats for what they are and the "deal with devil" they have long made.

Your leadership is corrupt and your country and the world going to pay far too high a price, especially on climate change and international relations.  You’ve made your bed now lay in it.  I hope you’re watching McCain’s funeral to see how far you’ve fallen.  Trump is not made of the stuff of Obama or McCain. 

Happy to do so....and is still far better than hoping and wishing that another nation will make my bed for me...as Canada does.

As for Senator John McCain, I know more than you will ever comprehend, or have ever experienced.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

23 hours ago, Argus said:

Fake news not related to Nafta

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

On the basis of Trump’s “off the record” remarks to Bloomberg that Canada will negotiate “totally on our terms”, Canada must walk away from further negotiations with the Trump trade team.  They are not negotiating in good faith, as suspected.  The Canadian government has no choice but to withdraw.  

Goodluck with your economy then

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh, this is still very cynical, and a candid admission that American excesses were quite acceptable as long as "liberal democracy" was being defended by U.S. blood and treasure.   Trump has just exposed the deadbeats for what they are and the "deal with devil" they have long made.

Happy to do so....and is still far better than hoping and wishing that another nation will make my bed for me...as Canada does.

As for Senator John McCain, I know more than you will ever comprehend, or have ever experienced.

You’re basically an apologist for some of America’s worst elements.