The pointless waste and vanity of our refugee system

Argus

Good luck with that but I think it's way too late to expect we'll suddenly develop the ethical backbone it'll require.

Having our collective noses vigorously rubbed in our crap is the only way forward...the path to enlightenment is always painful.

And, as always, we haven't seen anything yet...not even close. I suspect we'll be blowing refugees out of the water before too long myself.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I get your point and I agree that exploiting developing countries is inhumane & disgusting.  In situations of life or death we need to help people in need, but what I'm saying is that letting unlimited # of them into the country like you suggest, and making them permanent residents like we do now isn't any kind of logical solution.  I'm fine with bringing in refugees, but it has to be sensible.  One of the reasons these countries are in states of war or fleeing genocide or in danger of being killed for being gay etc  is that among these people there's a lot of very bad seeds, and they need to be kept out.  We have borders secured by people with guns for a reason.

And yes sometimes our actions have a lot to do with what's happening in refugee countries, so I'd much rather spend the funds to fix the root causes of these problems especially when it's our fault, like ethical trade policies as you eluded and keeping a tight leash on how our corporations treat humans in other poorer countries.

So, why doesn't Canada and other western countries boycott those countries that do bad things to their people? Sounds like a good plan to me, and makes a whole pile of common sense and logic something our puppet on a string politically correct politicians do not have or have no clue about.  Or if they do know then it is no wonder that Canada is in bloody debt and headed for a big financial fiasco. When we the people are finally allowed to be heard and can get to make the decisions has to how things should be done, then the country should run a lot smoother, and get back on track. But for some reason politicians prefer to be the boss, and not the slave, and they want to run the show and dam the consequences.  Canadians need to start laying off some of these fools that are running and ruining Canada along with dumping those special interest groups who are only in it for themselves, and are not there for the good of Canada or Canadians. It's time for some tough love. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 7:27 PM, Zul-Fiqar786 said:

Canada needs to accept more refugees, especially the Rohingya Muslims that at present are being slaughtered by the Burmese military and violent Buddhist mobs. Canada must once again prove to the world that it is a peace-loving and humanitarian nation that is more than willing to lift it’s fair share. Meanwhile, I think that there are too many White British people who have moved to Canada quite recently, and this is a growing trend. They need to be sent back to Europe. Canada is not part of the so-called 'Western-civilization', this nation's history is rooted in the Indigenous First Nations, they too must have a major say in what kind of people they want in this country and what kind they would like to see go back to Europe.

Canada does not need anymore refugees, we need less. Canadians cannot afford them anymore. They are a burden on everything from our social and medical services, the environment, infrastructure, and pretty much everything else. What Canada needs is more people from Britain, Europe, and Australia because those people are culturally compatible with the ways we do things here in Canada and can fit in easily with no problems. If anyone needs to be sent back is all those refugees that keep coming here unannounced and walk right on in. They are already criminals for entering the country illegally. That is not the kind of immigrants Canada or Canadians really need. We all know that the native Indians would like to see everybody who is not an native Indian gone. I would pity them if we all left the house to them. They would be screwed without the British or Europeans making life still easy for them. But hey.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, taxme said:

So, why doesn't Canada and other western countries boycott those countries that do bad things to their people?

We can't boycott the vast majority of countries in the world.  Africa alone has 54 countries.  I say trade with virtually everyone, just don't be a jerk about it.

56 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

I say trade with virtually everyone, just don't be a jerk about it.

Problem with that is that if you want open and free markets, consumer ethics is the only real regulation. So you reward the practices of those you patronize. Would you buy a shirt from a pedophile instead of someone else because its a buck cheaper?

Trade should be used as a foreign policy tool... its really the only card the western world has left to play. If everyone thought like that we would have lost the cold war because we would have made the USSR filthy rich buying cheap stuff made by slaves in gulags. 

On 9/11/2017 at 9:25 PM, Zul-Fiqar786 said:

I beg to differ. Trudeau repatriated the Constitution with the Constitution Act of 1982. Therefore, I consider the modern Canada we live in today, the multicultural and liberal Canada that is meant to be non-racist and redress grievances of Indigenous people, as beginning in 1982. Pre-1982 Canada is not our Canada and we must disassociate ourselves from it.

Actually Confederation occurred in 1867.  We are now celebrating Canada 150.

Edited by blackbird

5 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

We can't boycott the vast majority of countries in the world.  Africa alone has 54 countries.  I say trade with virtually everyone, just don't be a jerk about it.

I watched a documentary showing a huge amount of manufacturing has moved from the U.S. to China in the last number of decades.  They believe at the present rate, China will surpass the U.S. as the economic superpower within 20 years. Trudeau admires the system of China.  It is a totalitarian state that does no recognize human rights or democracy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

I watched a documentary showing a huge amount of manufacturing has moved from the U.S. to China in the last number of decades.  They believe at the present rate, China will surpass the U.S. as the economic superpower within 20 years. Trudeau admires the system of China.  It is a totalitarian state that does no recognize human rights or democracy. 

Just like his dad, Trudeau seems to admire Communist leaders. 

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/terence-corcoran-why-justin-trudeau-shares-his-dads-love-of-murderous-communist-despots-like-castro

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2017 at 11:30 PM, Zul-Fiqar786 said:

Dude, Canada doesn’t belong to any single race or ethnic group. I am the exact opposite of a racist, and I resent such an unholy accusation. If hypothetically it did, that prize could only conceivably go to First Nations people. Neither English people created this State nor French, because when I say the Canadian State, I recognize it as beginning in the Pierre Trudeau era, not in 1867.

I have nothing against British people, despite their history of exploitation and colonization of my land of origin (India). I’m talking about the specific trend of British people from Britain coming to Canada and in their minds it is their ‘holiday home’, bit like having a cottage, a home away from home. This attitude suggests these British people still consider Canada a province of theirs and they have an air of entitlement. They need to recognize that Canadians want to dump the monarchy and that we are a nation in our own right. Otherwise I continue to say that they should pack their bags and go back to their island.

It belongs to the great white christian people that built it and died in wars to protect it.If we give in to your ideas,this country will become a cesspool, like every other country that is not run but white christians. Sorry if that offends you, but you don't deserve to be able to live in a country like this. When the war cemeteries are filled with non white people,then I will listen to what you have to say. If your way is so much better, you would not being trying to leave your dump of a country and come here. You need to learn some respect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PIK said:

It belongs to the great white christian people that built it and died in wars to protect it.

No, Zul-Fiqar is right, Canada does not belong to any single race or ethnic group.  If X%of the war cemeteries are occupied by white folks does that give me (a white folk) equivalent % of the country now belong to me? Will we pro-rate who this country belongs to based on ethnicity (and lord knows what else; Religion perhaps) of war-cemetery occupancy?  

Sorry if you are offended, but I personally believe that the folks in war-cemetaries died for elfin everybody without regard for ethnicity or religion of those everybodies. Or maybe they didn't? Maybe some died for White Christian Canada only and the rest of us can do our own dying?  

And what chance have Zul-Fiqar and others who are non-white christians to fill up our war-cemeteries when white-nationalist bigots bust their ass to makes sure no one but white christians ever get to live her?  No chance whatsoever, of course. So White Nationalist Nazi types will be able to point and say 'see? ... well, yah , that particular grave has a non-white Canadian in it, but thats only one! Look at all the crosses, man!  Oh, yes, that one too over there..and, yah ok, there's some others scattered about. But they didn't die for White-Christian Canada obviously. "

24 minutes ago, PIK said:

but you don't deserve to be able to live in a country like this.

Actually he does. Deserves it just as much as you deserve it. Proven by the fact that you are not six-feet under in a war cemetary. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter F said:

No, Zul-Fiqar is right, Canada does not belong to any single race or ethnic group.  If X%of the war cemeteries are occupied by white folks does that give me (a white folk) equivalent % of the country now belong to me? Will we pro-rate who this country belongs to based on ethnicity (and lord knows what else; Religion perhaps) of war-cemetery occupancy?  

Sorry if you are offended, but I personally believe that the folks in war-cemetaries died for elfin everybody without regard for ethnicity or religion of those everybodies. Or maybe they didn't? Maybe some died for White Christian Canada only and the rest of us can do our own dying?  

And what chance have Zul-Fiqar and others who are non-white christians to fill up our war-cemeteries when white-nationalist bigots bust their ass to makes sure no one but white christians ever get to live her?  No chance whatsoever, of course. So White Nationalist Nazi types will be able to point and say 'see? ... well, yah , that particular grave has a non-white Canadian in it, but thats only one! Look at all the crosses, man!  Oh, yes, that one too over there..and, yah ok, there's some others scattered about. But they didn't die for White-Christian Canada obviously. "

Actually he does. Deserves it just as much as you deserve it. Proven by the fact that you are not six-feet under in a war cemetary. 

It is important to rewrite history in this day and age.

20 hours ago, dre said:

Problem with that is that if you want open and free markets, consumer ethics is the only real regulation. So you reward the practices of those you patronize. Would you buy a shirt from a pedophile instead of someone else because its a buck cheaper?

Trade should be used as a foreign policy tool... its really the only card the western world has left to play. If everyone thought like that we would have lost the cold war because we would have made the USSR filthy rich buying cheap stuff made by slaves in gulags. 

i have no problem with economic sanctions etc. for exceptionally serious offending countries & security threats.  Yes trade is a foreign policy tool.  But if you want to start banning trade with every country that has human rights abuses then like I said we wouldn't be trading with hardly any developing countries.  We'd have to stop trading with virtually the whole of Africa, Asia (minus a few exceptions), portions of south & central America etc.  it may also bring into question if we're being imperialistic or not by forcing weaker/less-developed countries to adopt our values.

8 hours ago, Peter F said:

Canada was founded and built up by white people. It is their land, not the rest of the 3rd world's land. They came many many decades later. All I ever saw during the two world wars were white men soldiers going off and fighting those two wars. Canada belongs to Caucasian people because Canadians fought and died for Canada. Why can't Caucasians not be able to have a land that they can call their own? Thanks to multiculturalism and massive third world immigration you are able to talk like that. I have to call myself a pro-white activist nationalist now because of our stupid politically correct politicians and their immigration policy that is destroying this great Caucasian nation. Canada does not need or require Caucasians to be replaced by non-Caucasians. This is a conspiracy that has been going on for decades by our elected phony politicians who could careless about white Canada but do appear to love their 3rd world immigrants. Just saying.  

13 hours ago, betsy said:

It would appear these days that pretty much all of our useless politicians admire communism. Pretty much all of them do not believe in freedom of speech or assembly for Canadian conservative patriots except for their communist left wing liberal buddies who can do no wrong. Both trudeaus have been a disaster for Canada and both were working very hard on trying to destroy the Canada that we all once knew and grew up in and replace it with foreign cultures and religions and traditions.  What we need in Canada now is more nationalism, not less. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There was never a problem with Canada boycotting South Africa and Rhodesia over apartheid. Saudi Arabia chops heads off and throws prisoners off roof tops. Yet Canada still trades with those scum bags. You see it all depends on who will be boycotted. If a country is a white country than it is alright to boycott that country for humanitarian reasons and do so when it suits our politically correct politicians to show that they really care. There are plenty of African countries that we do not need to trade with because in most cases Canada gives some of those countries foreign aid(tax dollars)so they can then buy our products with that foreign aid(tax dollars)money that we gave to them. Another royal screwing to Canadians and all assisted by our useless gang of crazy money spending fools in Ottawa. 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

There was never a problem with Canada boycotting South Africa and Rhodesia over apartheid. Saudi Arabia chops heads off and throws prisoners off roof tops.

Saudi Arabia controls a large portion of the world's oil production, and they lead OPEC because of that so they have a lot of influence on most of the other major oil producers too.  They have us by the balls, we can't stop trading with them or else gas prices skyrocket.  Most people wouldn't choose their morals if it meant $2.00/L gas.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Saudi Arabia controls a large portion of the world's oil production, and they lead OPEC because of that so they have a lot of influence on most of the other major oil producers too.  They have us by the balls, we can't stop trading with them or else gas prices skyrocket.  Most people wouldn't choose their morals if it meant $2.00/L gas.

I thought that Canada had enough oil of it's own that we did not need to rely on countries like Saudi Arabia for our oil? Maybe if we started to keep our oil here in Canada, we could buy gasoline at .25 cents a liter. Never the less, a boycott against Saudi Arabia is needed to get those Shieks of Arabic to begin acting more like human beings for a change otherwise you are no better than they are. There is no way that with all the oil being produced in the world today that Canada and other nations need to rely on SA. That is all bull chit. 

With most Canadians money and themselves is what it is all about and all that they can think about. Just saying.