Create GENERAL DISCUSSION section?

betsy

11 hours ago, betsy said:

Can we have a  General Discussion section?   It can also accomodate conspiracy theories, and maybe some sections that aren't that popular can fall into General Discussion?

Uh, if we're going to have a general discussion section why not have a SEPARATE section for conspiracy theories?

8 hours ago, hot enough said:

Does that mean that finally, you might get around to discussing Popular Mechanics USOCT, Betsy?

Well, no. 

That means your nonsense won't be all over the place!  And at the same time, you won't be deprived of spewing out to your heart's content. giggle.gif

I'm fighting for your right to rant, you know. Even when you're hallucinating! smiley.gif

You're like a sleeping volcano that's just woken  and blowing up all over the place.....your lava oozes everywhere.  I don't know for how long we have to put up with it.  General Discussion section should keep you well-contained. animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, betsy said:

You're like a sleeping volcano that's just woken  and blowing up all over the place.....your lava oozes everywhere.  I don't know for how long we have to put up with it.  General Discussion section should keep you well-contained. animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Isn't that plagiarized from Penthouse Forum? I take from this you want a place for sex talk? 

1 minute ago, LonJowett said:

Isn't that plagiarized from Penthouse Forum? I take from this you want a place for sex talk? 

So you read dirty magazines?  Figures. 

Only one who sees dirty sex talk in that statement would have a ..............dirty mind. 

rolling.gif

Edited by betsy

14 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

I do.

At least you admit you've got a dirty mind.

But at least I don't worship Satan.

Well.....that's what you say.

You read dirty mags (no wonder you see dirty sex everywhere).  Hmmmm......and you keep invoking Satan. 

He must be constantly on your mind.  I don't see you....for all I know you're a little minion with little horns, doing your satanic jig.  Well here's to you......

angel-smiley-fighting-with-devil.gif

Edited by betsy

15 minutes ago, betsy said:

At least you admit you've got a dirty mind.

Well.....that's what you say.

You read dirty mags (no wonder you see dirty sex everywhere).  Hmmmm......and you keep invoking Satan. 

He must be constantly on your mind.  I don't see you....for all I know you're a little minion with little horns, doing your satanic jig.  Well here's to you......

angel-smiley-fighting-with-devil.gif

Exactly. We could project all kinds of negative attributes of each other with questionable evidence and state these projections as though they were fact, just like Trump did when he said Obama was tapping his phones. And we would be lying because we really don't know anything about each other. I'm glad to see you are beginning to understand. 

23 hours ago, betsy said:

Can we have a  General Discussion section?  

I do not see what good that would do.   The current sub-forums already permit a lot.  If you want to start a new discussion and you have no idea what sub-forum to use, put your thread anywhere you want and send us a Report aftwards asking us for help. 

Knowing Greg as I do, I bet a 2-4 of Canadian beer that he will not be interested either but you are all welcome to make a case.  I could be wrong. 

23 hours ago, betsy said:

It can also accomodate conspiracy theories, and maybe some sections that aren't that popular can fall into General Discussion?

I am sorry but this is such a confusing request.  Are you asking mod staff to decide on your behalf what is and what is not popular?

8 minutes ago, Greg said:

What topics fall outside of what's already available in the "OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS" section of the forums?

Can you give me an example?

I was going to share my make up videos when I registered first in this forum but I was confused to share it whether in arts section or sport section or health section :lol:  noone of them was the right one.

Edited by Altai

10 hours ago, Greg said:

What topics fall outside of what's already available in the "OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS" section of the forums?

Can you give me an example?

Like the recent topic about prepping, conspiracy theories and other things that might come up that don't really belong anywhere....I can't think of other things at the moment but I know that I once posted a topic in another forum about strange "phenomenon."

Edited by betsy

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I would like conspiracy theories to be quarantined...sorry I mean contained in a separate section.  But to be fair, there has been resistance to the idea because for some it puts such posts at a lower status than "real news".   

Who is going to decide for an issue of being a conspiracy or not ?

29 minutes ago, Altai said:

Who is going to decide for an issue of being a conspiracy or not ?

If it falls under the definition of conspiracy theory, then it's conspiracy theory.

a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy theory

Edited by betsy

40 minutes ago, betsy said:

If it falls under the definition of conspiracy theory, then it's conspiracy theory.

a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conspiracy theory

Precisely, Betsy. That definition describes the USGOCT. Prosecutors describe conspiracy theories all the time. Science is what takes it from a theory to a proven fact. Science has proven that the US government conspiracy theory has a zero chance of being true/accurate/plausible. 

28 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

For once I agree with you.

And you know full well that you US government supporting conspiracy theorists wouldn't dare to start a USGOCT thread because you know you can't provide any proof/evidence for that terribly lame conspiracy theory. The opportunity has been there for months on end and not one believer of the USGOCT has offered one iota of evidence/proof.