MLF

betsy

The board got "lighter." 

Now I find, even when posters disagree and duke it out - there is a blatant attempt at self-restraint, which is very positive I think.  Things aren't being taken personally, which is how it should be in a forum, especially one that's meant for adults.

There's hardly any whining, too. :lol:

Edited by betsy
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, betsy said:

OH!  I missed a letter!

Any missed letter aside, I reckon that this forum is always as good as it has always been.

I sometimes complain about the software and true, it could be better.

==========

Betsy, I often - uh- agree with you.

Greg, thanks for making this place possible, a place where I can point to the idiocy of Betsy.

But Greg, Charles, Kimmy, most of all, I thank you for a place where I can stop by, and say what I think - at the moment, in public.

Edited by August1991

20 hours ago, August1991 said:

Any missed letter aside, I reckon that this forum is always as good as it has always been.

I sometimes complain about the software and true, it could be better.

==========

Betsy, I often - uh- agree with you.

Greg, thanks for making this place possible, a place where I can point to the idiocy of Betsy.

But Greg, Charles, Kimmy, most of all, I thank you for a place where I can stop by, and say what I think - at the moment, in public.

Don't tell me you're still smarting?  animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy

On 8/31/2017 at 10:59 AM, betsy said:

I have to say it............I like this site now.   It's moving fairly, and there's good representation of right and left.  Moderation has improved - posters seem more relaxed now in expressing.

Are you kidding me.  A lot of posters have left that provided intelligent, thought provoking comments.  This site is just full of right wing nutjob escapees.  

I can name a few:

Cybercoma, Waldo, BC_Chick, Kimmy (here but no longer posting), smallc, and others.

It is good to see Jaycee back!

Edited by WestCoastRunner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Are you kidding me.  A lot of posters have left that provided intelligent, thought provoking comments.  This site is just full of right wing nutjob escapees.  

I can name a few:

Cybercoma, Waldo, BC_Chick, Kimmy (here but no longer posting), smallc, and others.

Whether those left-wing folks had gone for good, or they're simply embarking on a little outside adventure, their departure didn't affect this site that much by the looks of it. 

I've done my adventures away from this site as well.....but see, I'm back.  Not that I can't participate in other forums, I do!  Who sez you can only be active in one site? 

There are still a lot of leftwingers here - the threads are moving.  The regulars here are logging regularly.  

There are a few Canadian sites out there - when you look at their stats for the latest post, not only are they few but you'd see that those who posted are the same handfull of posters.  I saw a site that had only about 4 or 5  posters who posted throughout the day- and they're all leftwing!  It's a leftwing club!  :lol: 

Where's the fireworks if everyone agree with each other in issues that are worth talking about?  People come for the fireworks!  So, right off the bat - that site is blatantly epic stale! 

This site has improved a lot as there's less mean-spirited trolling, and the posters seem to be practicing self-restraint, and they're now  a whole lot relaxed, and at ease. 

We got sign-ups of newbies!  Now, if we can only encourage these newbies to become regular posters, we'll be ecstatic!

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I can name a few:

Another good thing......Jbg is back, too.

Edited by betsy

12 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I can name a few:

Can we  blame their departure on Trump?  :lol:  You know the reaction of the leftwing to Trump's victory......

I remember heated arguments with the pro- Trumps just before some of those folks left. 

It's like a "walk-out" protest, maybe? 

Or, a hissy fit, you think?  Like, "I'm outa here!" <followed by a loud slamming of the door> giggle.gif

Well, I hope not. 

Edited by betsy
  • Sad 1

Just like everything else, forums too, have their ups and down.  It's a bit quiet too at my other one (mind you, I go lately only  to its religion section).

MLF has been around forever....so many have come and gone, and it's still here.  May not be high-traffic, but it has a niche of members.

Edited by betsy

14 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I can name a few:

Well....I can see some names on the "Who's Online..."   There's Omni - who never got back to me! :D

They're still around, but not posting.

Hmmmm....what could be the reason why they're not posting?  Just taking a break? 

Burnt-out from posting (that happened to me too).........

.........................or, doing a "hunger strike?" :lol:

C'mon you guys. Enough of dat already.

Edited by betsy