Disaster in Texas

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Because that is what the liberals and democrats and the liberal media are very good at. Divide the people and conquer. The age old liberal/communist trick of politics. It must really hurt the fake and lying media these days when they really have to do some real reporting on real news, and have to forget about reporting on Trump for awhile. They probably say to themselves, dam that hurricane, getting in the way of our reporting on Trump. 

Perhaps you fail to comprehend that when you are POTUS you are in the spotlight. I'm sure Trump will continue to spout stupid/contradictory/meaningless tweets that will provide fodder for the press well after the storms pass. It's about all he does it seems.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Perhaps you fail to comprehend that when you are POTUS you are in the spotlight. I'm sure Trump will continue to spout stupid/contradictory/meaningless tweets that will provide fodder for the press well after the storms pass. It's about all he does it seems.

Wel, when one speaks politically incorrect and doesn't kiss the azz of the politically correct lieberals or their media then one will always have to put up with lies and bull made up about what he says or does. If Trump always kissed their azzes and did as they wanted him to do Trump would be the darling of the fake and phony lying lieberal media and the dumbocrats. That is what Obama did and he was the medias wonder boy who could do no wrong. I know one thing for sure and that is that you are just as bad as you say Trump is? You continually spout off stupid and contradictory and meaningless bull every time you say something here. But that is just you. :D

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Wel, when one speaks politically incorrect and doesn't kiss the azz of the politically correct lieberals or their media then one will always have to put up with lies and bull made up about what he says or does. If Trump always kissed their azzes and did as they wanted him to do Trump would be the darling of the fake and phony lying lieberal media and the dumbocrats. That is what Obama did and he was the medias wonder boy who could do no wrong. I know one thing for sure and that is that you are just as bad as you say Trump is? You continually spout off stupid and contradictory and meaningless bull every time you say something here. But that is just you. :D

The majority of Americans (about 55%) wish Obama was still in office. And there's about 34%, I assume they are of your ilk who continue to support Trump. Let's recap now, Obama was in the WH for 8 years and still has that kind of support. Trump has been there for about 7 months and has dropped to the lowest level ever in such a brief time span. 

Your boy isn't doing so well it seems. 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎29 at 7:55 PM, Stan said:

It was a strong storm and it stalled in a bad spot, if it had moved as they normally do we wouldn't be having this conversation, it was a category 4, no new category was required to classify it, it wasn't anything new.

I bet you were hoping it would take a little longer before this post would seem so naïve and out-of-date.

On 30/08/2017 at 7:47 PM, Hudson Jones said:

The increase in heavy storms and floods are already happening. Different parts of the world are experiencing this to a different degree.

It's not going to suddenly hit us over night. This is a gradual change. The increase in temperature and water levels is already a thing. Just because there is fluctuation in the city where you live, it doesn't mean that the average earth temperature is not increasing. And storms get heavier and we will see more heavy rainfalls due to this. It's just a fact. 

2016temperature.png?itok=6prlkMEX

The good old hockey stick graft. Useful in any/all cc debates

117 hurricanes since 1850 but this one is our fault.

On 07/09/2017 at 3:52 PM, Omni said:

But don't focus only on storms. There actually have been storms/hurricanes all along, we just didn't hear about them because they burned themselves at sea where they started, or didn't come ashore in our news coverage area. However there are also other indicators such as: in the last 20 years the ice pack in the arctic has diminished by roughly 800,000 sq. km.  Then there is the significant ice melt on Greenland and the slippage of the Thwaites Glacier in the antarctic. And as I mentioned earlier the northern migration of arable land. Good if you're in Canada, not so good if you're in Mexico.  And if the Thwaites continues to slip into the sea, I suggest not buying any seaside property in Florida.  

Cite please.

Here's mine.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

CNN's HLN cable news channel interviewed a CanAm married couple while they were installing corrugated steel hurricane shutters on their windows.

They are going to "ride it out", but the woman said to the reporter, "I'm Canadian...we're not use to this".  

Welcome to America....snowbirds and immigrants !

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

CNN's HLN cable news channel interviewed a CanAm married couple while they were installing corrugated steel hurricane shutters on their windows.

They are going to "ride it out", but the woman said to the reporter, "I'm Canadian...we're not use to this".  

Welcome to America....snowbirds and immigrants !

What’s the old saying? Owe the bank $100K and you’ve got a problem. Owe the bank $100B and the bank has a problem. Although in this case we all have a problem, in that it’s our money the Fed will be debasing by printing more. Those of us who still have any dollars left to debase, anyway.

3 hours ago, drummindiver said:

Glad you brought that up. The reason for increased ice sheet at the south pole is due to GW. Warmer air causes increased evaporation and then of course a concurrent increase in precipitation. That causes the sea surface to be less salty and therefore freezes at higher temperatures. 

22 minutes ago, Omni said:

Glad you brought that up. The reason for increased ice sheet at the south pole is due to GW. Warmer air causes increased evaporation and then of course a concurrent increase in precipitation. That causes the sea surface to be less salty and therefore freezes at higher temperatures. 

Again, cite please. Saying that GW causes shrinkage at the same time it causes expansion is a non conversation.

I believe my cite dismissed that theory? How much more precipitation do you imagine a quarter degree would make anyways?

Edited by drummindiver

1 minute ago, drummindiver said:

Again, cite please. Saying that GW causes shrinkage at the same time it causes expansion is a non conversation.

Read what I just told you and try to understand the science. Simply put, south pole more heat, more rain, more ice. North pole, more heat, less ice. I guess it can be confusing until you dig into it a bit.

3 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

I believe my cite dismissed that theory? How much more precipitation do you imagine a quarter degree would make anyways?

Global warming is a non-starter: not that man isn't mucking things-up (7 billion + toilets flushing and counting)....but humans will make themselves extinct before too long.

The Earth will recover inside 1 million years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Global warming is a non-starter: not that man isn't mucking things-up (7 billion + toilets flushing and counting)....but humans will make themselves extinct before too long.

The Earth will recover inside 1 million years.

Agreed. 

When Henderson Island of the Pitcairn Islands, one of the remotest places on earth has 36 million pieces (est) of flotsam and jetsam on the beach...when no one lives on the island....it's time for a good cleaning.

12 hours ago, Omni said:

Read what I just told you and try to understand the science. Simply put, south pole more heat, more rain, more ice. North pole, more heat, less ice. I guess it can be confusing until you dig into it a bit.

Thanks for the unneeded sarcasm.

The average precipitation per year is  166 ml/year. No more precip though more ice.

Therefore less melting. 

On 9/8/2017 at 1:06 PM, Omni said:

The majority of Americans (about 55%) wish Obama was still in office. And there's about 34%, I assume they are of your ilk who continue to support Trump. Let's recap now, Obama was in the WH for 8 years and still has that kind of support. Trump has been there for about 7 months and has dropped to the lowest level ever in such a brief time span. 

Your boy isn't doing so well it seems. 

Just another lying poll started up by the liberal liars again. You wish that my boy was not doing well. Seven more years before the lying democrats can give it a shot again. They can't seem to even find a leader that may help them to win. Tough chit for them. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 2:06 PM, drummindiver said:

The good old hockey stick graft. Useful in any/all cc debates

117 hurricanes since 1850 but this one is our fault.

The good old, "I'm still in denial" response.

It's the type of storms we are getting. It's the destruction they are leaving behind. It's also the drought we're seeing, where lakes are disappearing at an alarming rate. Things are changing, but you still have your head in the sand. 

1 hour ago, Hudson Jones said:

It's the type of storms we are getting. It's the destruction they are leaving behind. It's also the drought we're seeing, where lakes are disappearing at an alarming rate. Things are changing, but you still have your head in the sand. 

Really? What kind of storms are those? The ones that hit a mile or two either way cause the most damage. Two category fives and one in top ten. A tropical storm caused more damage for crying out loud than the other one.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/damage.asp

Edited by drummindiver

11 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

If we're going to use consensus as a measure, then we're not quite there yet on storms.  But people arguing that AGW doesn't even exist can't really argue consensus on the topic of storms since they don't believe in consensus anyway.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

If we're going to use consensus as a measure, then we're not quite there yet on storms.  But people arguing that AGW doesn't even exist can't really argue consensus on the topic of storms since they don't believe in consensus anyway.

"Explicit Endorsement by quantification".

Your argument doesn't stand as there are hard facts showing the number of storms that have happened and at what regularity/force. Consensus has nothing to do with it.

John Cook is the fella that coined the 97% agree phrase, and he is reliable as David Wolfe or Food Babe. There is no consensus unless you want to use his science the same as anti GMOers used Serallini's.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/

Edited by drummindiver