Paid Protesters!

Have you ever wondered why counter-protesters seems to always be available, like as if on demand?  Show a nationalist rally - and you'll soon find thousands of counter protesters (even on short notice) to be there!

It's been circulating that an ad was placed seeking to hire protesters in a rally. 

Was a Crowd Hire Company Involved in Protests Against a White Supremacist Rally?

We asked Crowds on Demand whether they posted the Craigslist ad or if they were involved in recruiting actors for the Charlottesville rally or counter-protest, or any other demonstrations held in other cities in response to the “Unite the Right” event. In a statement, the company’s CEO Adam Swart denied any involvement in the rally and counter-protest in Charlottesville, but did not rule out their possible involvement in other related events:

In a phone conversation, Swart also told us that while Crowds on Demand is not a politically partisan company, and provides its services to any political party, they “don’t work with hate groups.” When asked if the company would provide actors for protests against hate groups, Swart did not give a direct answer — but did say they do not put actors into situations that might prove dangerous for them. 

On 15 August 2017, the original Craigslist ad was temporarily withdrawn and “held for review” by the website before being restored. When asked whether Crowds on Demand had been involved in the ad’s temporary removal from the web site, Swart declined to comment.

In the absence of a bilateral denial of the crowd hire company’s involvement, we cannot definitively say that Crowds on Demand were not involved in anti-white supremacist demonstrations in Charlotte, North Carolina, or elsewhere, during the weekend of 12 and 13 August 2017. 

http://www.snopes.com/crowds-on-demand/

When someone wouldn't give a straight, simple  answer -  what are the chances something fishy is going on?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Have you ever wondered why counter-protesters seems to always be available, like as if on demand? 

I have no doubt of the disunity happening right now, or the disapproval of this new style of presidency.  So it's not surprising that there would be protestors, as there have been in Canada and the US when these groups march.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

I have no doubt of the disunity happening right now, or the disapproval of this new style of presidency.  So it's not surprising that there would be protestors, as there have been in Canada and the US when these groups march.

:rolleyes: Your response is off-key.

PAID protesters, Michael.  PAID!

It has nothing to do with Trump - it's has something to do with MONEY!

Edited by betsy

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

If true, why does it matter and what is the impact?

You don't know?  :lol: 

Oh gee.....the unite-the-right protesters are outnumbered!  Unite-the-right is just a fringe, see the number of protesters compared to the anti-protesters!  In fact, that's been pointed out by CTV and CBC about the rallies in BC!

You don't know the desired effect from that????  Think about it. 

One effect is that unite-the-right simply didn't show up in some locations....who can blame them, when they could see the writings on the wall!  Of course, people who don't want any trouble would just walk away.

Edited by betsy

2 hours ago, betsy said:

......When someone wouldn't give a straight, simple  answer -  what are the chances something fishy is going on?

A lot IMO, I have seen screen shots of the ad on Craig's List and other articles about it, I have no doubt that there are paid protesters.   

Having said that, the U.S. has a real problem with political violence more so now with the alt-left groups such as ANTIFA, but the hypocrisy and double standards around the reporting on this is astounding.  ANTIFA are nothing but black clad face covered thugs who are in reality the actual fascists here.   Take Berkeley yesterday

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/hooded-anarchists-storm-through-police-ranks-at-berkeley-rally-assault-five-people

BERKELEY, Calif. — Black-clad anarchists on Sunday stormed into what had been a largely peaceful Berkeley protest against hate and attacked at least five people, including the leader of a politically conservative group who cancelled an event a day earlier in San Francisco amid fears of violence.

Snip

Berkeley police chief Andrew Greenwood defended how police handled the protest, saying they made a strategic decision to let the anarchists enter to avoid more violence

I guess their strategic decision didn't work out.  

• Like 2

I have found that references to George Soros and paid protesters are a good litmus test to find out if you're debating with someone who is grounded in reality or if they have gone off the deep end into full batshit Infowars land---in which case, the debate is already over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, so you think without hired protesters there would be even numbers? 

That's a possibility!  At least, there wouldn't be any SWARMING!

Does that include in Canada where they are outnumbered hugely?

I wouldn't be surprised.

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why do so many people come out to oppose racism?   I know!  They must have been paid!

Painting everyone with a wide brush - that's just what it is.  Trying to discredit the message of the unite-the-right by shouting them down with labels of "racism."

That would be like me calling all left-wing, "Communists"

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Painting everyone with a wide brush - that's just what it is.  trying to discredit the message of the unite-the-right by shouting them down with labels of "racism." 

If you were marching beside people who were chanting racist slogans and had their arm in the air, would you continue to march beside them ?  If you did, wouldn't you expect people to think you were on the same team ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you were marching beside people who were chanting racist slogans and had their arm in the air, would you continue to march beside them ?  If you did, wouldn't you expect people to think you were on the same team ?

Well....you're missing something here, Michael.  I can't stop anyone from marching. 

How do you know those weren't paid "actors" to pose like KKK - just to trash the whole right wing rally?  That's partly a big qeustion mark on that guy who was supposedly marching with the right, and who conveniently shouted, "nigger..." before discharging his gun.  He could be a legitimate supremacist, and it's possible he could be an impostor. 

Why is there no information at all about him?  Even his lawyer couldn't be identified, and his public records were all taken down!

Edited by betsy

Exactly - these black face covered thugs are not simply opposing racism, they are opposing pretty much anyone or anything they disagree with.  A small peaceful protest by people against Marxism is fodder for their violence and thuggery.   Journalists are attacked and brutally beaten because they don't want their violence recorded.    The hypocrisy and double standard here are alarming. 

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/24/armed-antifa-group-calls-for-revolution-seizing-property-and-violence-against-police/

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  If I was marching beside somebody with a sign that said "kill capitalists" I would stop.  I'm not being paid to spread a message of  hate, and wouldn't do so voluntarily.

If that guy waving a sign that says kill capitalists was an impostor, then he achieved his purpose of disrupting the rally, didn't he?   If we stop, then he's accomplished what he came to do!

Along with making the right look bad.....disrupting the protests -   stiffling freedom - Isn't that the point????

Edited by betsy

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The point was to 'unite the right'.  I wouldn't want to unit with extremists anyway, so I probably wouldn't go.

:rolleyes:

Would you go with the so-called "anti-fascist," who wear masks and throwing bottles and indulging in vandalism and other violence?   Did you see that rally in Quebec City?  Those are the ones you'd march with? Anarchists? :lol:

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Would you go with the so-called "anti-fascist," who wear masks and throwing bottles and indulging in vandalism and other violence? 

I already answered that - I"m not interested in extremism.  Your posts reflect a more divisive approach to politics than mine do, IMO, so I'm not surprised you would march beside extremists.  Again - I wouldn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Why do so many people come out to oppose racism?   I know!  They must have been paid!

They come out because the Left is easily outraged, and rarely asks for confirmation or evidence to support the logic of their outrage. This is five right wing attempts to hold some sort of rally since Charlottesville. None were racist, all were, in fact, avowedly not-racist, not Nazis, not fascists, not white supremacists. All were attacked by mobs of leftist thugs who accused them of being fascists, racists, and Nazis.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Argus said:

They come out because the Left is easily outraged, and rarely asked for confirmation or evidence to support the logic of their outrage. This is five right wing attempts to hold some sort of rally since Charlottesville. None were racist, all were, in fact, avowedly not-racist, not Nazis, not fascists, not white supremacists. All were attacked by mobs of leftist thugs who accused them of being fascists, racists, and Nazis.

It's the right who has proven themselves even more violent than even Islamic extremists in the States and in Canada.

My personal opinion is that the antifa should be shut down by the police whenever they show up.   Still, the right-wing's attempts to deflect about how 'bad' the left is, while completely excusing or ignoring the behavior and activities of their own extremists is rather telling.  

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

It's the right who has proven themselves even more violent than even Islamic extremists in the States and in Canada.

I haven't seen any rampaging mobs of right wingers... anywhere, actually. 

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

My personal opinion is that the antifa should be shut down by the police whenever they show up.   Still, the right-wing's attempts to deflect about how 'bad' the left is, while completely excusing or ignoring the behavior and activities of their own extremists is rather telling.  

Show me any right wing extremists that I have excused or ignored? I am a law and order guy. Anyone who breaks the law, especially to commit violence, needs to be stepped on . HARD. 

1 minute ago, Argus said:

I haven't seen any rampaging mobs of right wingers... anywhere, actually. 

"Rampaging mobs" is not the only way in which extremists exhibit their violence.    

Show me any right wing extremists that I have excused or ignored? I am a law and order guy. Anyone who breaks the law, especially to commit violence, needs to be stepped on . HARD. 

You chose to blame the police for failing to prevent the murder of the woman in Charlottesville.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

"Rampaging mobs" is not the only way in which extremists exhibit their violence.    

I can't condemn what I don't see or hear about.

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You chose to blame the police for failing to prevent the murder of the woman in Charlottesville.

No, I blame the moron who drove the car into people. However, if the police had been doing their job that probably would not have happened.