How to prevent terror attacks ?

Altai

10 hours ago, Ash74 said:

I loathe the fact you are right. The CIA and others were breaking rules to get the job done. Your average terrorist does not follow any rules except to kill as many people as possible.  We as a society avoid innocent people as much as possible in our war on terror.

It sucks I admit but we will never know how many lives waterboarding saved

see below

Edited by Goddess

8 hours ago, Ash74 said:

I loathe the fact you are right. The CIA and others were breaking rules to get the job done. Your average terrorist does not follow any rules except to kill as many people as possible.  We as a society avoid innocent people as much as possible in our war on terror.

It sucks I admit but we will never know how many lives waterboarding saved

I don't like it either. But how do you deal democratically, humanely, in a principled way with humans who have made the choice to act worse than animals?

Did we not stick our principles and allow the Khadr family their "rights" to raise their children as terrorists and coddle them? How did that work out for us? How did that work out for the Khadr children? How did that work out for public safety? Now we have Canada's #1 terrorist family walking the streets with pockets filled with our money, openly despising us.

No. I don't understand how some people can be so concerned about the rights of terrorists and extremists and care nothing about the average Canadian's rights. So Khadr spent a little more time in Guantanamo than he feels he should've.  I couldn't care less. He should still be there and his terrorist family should be deported to some Islamic hellhole.

How does paying off terrorists who have some little right violated and allowing them to continue to use Canada as a base for their activities and for free medical when they are injured in their war against the West - how does that show our "principles"?

Yeah, I know the argument - we stick to our principles and they somehow magically turn into law abiding citizens who love Western freedom and tolerance because they are so impressed by us.

Drivel. They still hate us and everything we stand for and now they know how to operate because we are constrained by rights and principles while they are constrained by absolutely nothing.

• Like 3

Yeah, I know the argument - we stick to our principles and they somehow magically turn into law abiding citizens who love Western freedom and tolerance because they are so impressed by us.

Thats not the argument at all.  We stick to our principles no matter if they turn into law abiding citizens or not. I do not include love of Western freedom and tolerance because our principles  have no requirement for anyone to do that. 

We stick to these principles without regard to wether some folks deserve it or not because, maybe someday, we, as individuals, may find ourselves on the receiving end of those principles .  We like the rule of law and we like having recourse to it  

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

They still hate us and everything we stand for and now they know how to operate because we are constrained by rights and principles while they are constrained by absolutely nothing.

They are indeed constrained by the very principles you seem to have no use for. Proven by the fact that they have been law abiding citizens. Even if you don't like them.

17 minutes ago, Peter F said:

Proven by the fact that they have been law abiding citizens.

Citizens who speak openly about how much they hate us and our values, who now have $10 million in taxpayer money to funnel into their anti-West activities, who have never renounced their allegiance to Al-queda, who use our principles and medical care against us.

Yes.  They are soooooo law-abiding. :rolleyes:

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Citizens who speak openly about how much they hate us and our values, who now have $10 million in taxpayer money to funnel into their anti-West activities, who have never renounced their allegiance to Al-queda, who use our principles and medical care against us.

That is sooooooooooooooooooo academic, Goddess. And here I thought you never had it in you.

30 minutes ago, Goddess said:

hey! All your wealth is available for funnelling into anti-western activities too. Wether that wealth is actually being funnelled into said activities is an entirely different thing.  I am quite certain Khadr never pledged allegiance to Al-queda so there is no need to renounce said allegiance.   And you're elfin right they get medical care - we all do. Terrorist or not.

Noam Chomsky has the answer. And it really isn't rocket science.

Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it. 

What he really means is stop leading the world in terms of volume and wickedness of said terrorism. If the unmentionable wasn't so deep into terrorism for centuries, it largely would not exist. 

These same hypocritical unmentionables engaged in rank terrorism to gain their independence, but they deny this avenue to any other peoples. 

Edited by hot enough

As we see nowadays, its started to be popular to perform terror attack with knives or vehicles. Maybe because of the some extra measures for bombin attacks. So knives or vehicles are easy to reach. How we could prevent a stabbing attack ? Wearing terminator costumes or banning knives ? Nahh this is soo illogical but then what ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys you are soo passive and you are waiting for a spontaneous end of terrorism. 

I found a new system of body search. So polices usually makes body search with some electromagnetic monitoring systems or manually by hand. So there are some materials that cannot be monitored with these devices or it would take long time to manually check people's body by hand, it also disturbs people, noone wants their body to be touched everyday.

In this case, fisrt of all, we can search people's body with a vibration device. You will stand up on an assembly and it will shake you quite fast with short ripples, just a second. Anything you are carrying on yourself will have a momentum. May be a phone or a wallet or a weapon. I dont know how to monitorize this momentum. This is the problem. 

Second way is to find out by using sound waves. Its not harmful for human body. I think this is much easier than a vibration device because we can build a huge device and place it in important and strategic locations in the city. Therefore people would not be bored and disturbed soo much, they would just walk through the device and we could measure the permeability of sound waves on their body. If we find out any person with some weird  permeability properties, we would stop them and search their body. 

Edited by Altai

22 hours ago, Altai said:

......So there are some materials that cannot be monitored with these devices....

Nice coincidence, I just wrote the above and today 50 pieces of ghost pistols caught in Turkiye, these pistols are US made and according to claims it cannot be monitored by electromagnetic monitoring systems. These weapons caught because of Turkish intelligence stops a truck and searches it by "hand". 

The reality of dealing with terrorists is never going to be understood on this board. The people discussing it have no clue as to the subject they discuss.

The reality is and Godess is telling people things they are not prepared to fathom, when it comes to preventing needless death at the hands of terrorists, things are done that people living in their sheltered worlds on this forum will never understand and will never hear or be told about,

The price of the freedom some of you take for granted has come at a price you are petrified to hear.

Waterboarding? Electric shocks to the testacles Hanging with arms raised from behind? You think that's bad? You think that's something no one should do?

Its the tip of the iceberg and if someone has 5 minutes before hundreds, thousands, millions die which can be prevented, you think such practices are your problem to feel guilty about?

Damn some of you are so friggin sheltered. Do you really think if you have the chance to save millions you don't pull a man's stomach out his ass? Is that what some of you believe?

Well that's nice. I am sure it makes you feel righteous about yourselves.

None of you know the difference between needess torture and essential torture. None of you.

The best of people has been forced to make that decision. You want to second guess it?

How? How do you second guess it when you've never dealt with it or have lives depending on you to have to decide such a thing?