The Left invites terrorists into our home

Argus

17 hours ago, taxme said:

No, but no one will stop a Sikh for not wearing a hard helmet when riding on his motorcycle. That is racism.  And that has to be made known.

That's accommodation not racism.

The reason accommodation gets under people's skin is because they're racist.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I beg to differ.  They don't like it because it ends up being discriminatory and unfair to others,  as in allowing Islamic prayers and female subservience/bigotry in schools.  Since when do we accept that women should be treated as second class citizens and sent to the back of the 'bus'.    Since when is it fair to force Christian bakers to accommodate gay requests for cakes and so on, but okay to allow Muslim to refuse to handle/sell us pork in a supermarket.  Accommodation is an issue because it goes too far as religious tolerance becomes a one way street.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

I beg to differ.  They don't like it because it ends up being discriminatory and unfair to others,  as in allowing Islamic prayers and female subservience/bigotry in schools.  Since when do we accept that women should be treated as second class citizens and sent to the back of the 'bus'.

Complete bullshit.  It doesn't "end up" being discriminatory.  Racists bawl on here when religions get equal treatment INCLUDING Islamic prayer clubs in schools.  Female subservience is not taught in schools, but is part of all 3 Abrahamic religions.

The fact that people are screaming about it now and pointing at Islam is the worst kind of racism wearing the fake mask of enlightenmentP faux-feminism conveniently borrowed from progressives.  The fact that we hear the same bullshit posted on here again and again despite it having been pointed out as utter bullshit shows that they don't care or are lying.

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

Since when is it fair to force Christian bakers to accommodate gay requests for cakes and so on, but okay to allow Muslim to refuse to handle/sell us pork in a supermarket.  Accommodation is an issue because it goes too far as religious tolerance becomes a one way street.

All of this is more made up garbage, comparing apples and oranges.  Nobody cares about this scare mongering anymore because... like other conspiracy theories, you can't stop it with reason.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Who said you did ?  I said it.

Thanks.  I gave reasons why your post is bullshit, and utter bullshit.  You don't have to give reasons, though.

Wrong quote, I meant the one about the turban, eyeball said it. I call utter b.s. on you too... 

Edited by scribblet
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Complete bullshit.  It doesn't "end up" being discriminatory.  Racists bawl on here when religions get equal treatment INCLUDING Islamic prayer clubs in schools.  Female subservience is not taught in schools, but is part of all 3 Abrahamic religions.

The fact that people are screaming about it now and pointing at Islam is the worst kind of racism wearing the fake mask of enlightenmentP faux-feminism conveniently borrowed from progressives.  The fact that we hear the same bullshit posted on here again and again despite it having been pointed out as utter bullshit shows that they don't care or are lying.

Really? I don't ever remember girls sitting in the back of the class when I was in school.

That said , all 3 Abrahamic religions ARE misogynist. Only Islam takes it to extremism on a large scale in the modern world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drummindiver said:

Really? I don't ever remember girls sitting in the back of the class when I was in school.

That said , all 3 Abrahamic religions ARE misogynist. Only Islam takes it to extremism on a large scale in the modern world.

The key difference between Islamic misogyny and random acts of violence by idiots is that the violence is not sanctioned in any way by western law. It exists only at the cultural level, whereas in Islam it is part of their civilization.

4 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

And that means????  I'm not sure what your "zooming out" has to do with anything.  Existentialism?

That Canada's thinking is too narrow and small.

It's 2017 in case you hadn't noticed.

Thinking bigger has more to do with humanity's existence and continuation thereof.

The use of my taxes should be narrow and small.  "Thinking bigger" will simply spread the money of Canadians too thinly and gain basically nothing.  All the while, Canadians go without in this country - and that should be our only focus.

edit->sp

Edited by Hydraboss
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

The use of my taxes should be narrow and small.  "Thinking bigger" will simply spread the money of Canadians too thinly and gain basically nothing.  All the while, Canadians go without in this country - and that should be our only focus.

edit->sp

Our money should be focused just as narrowly as our interest. It's unconscionable that we insist on a borderless planet for money but not the human beings that money exploits.

That Canadians are going without speaks to the economic injustice of sending our money abroad instead of using it here where it's apparently needed more.

Eyeball, you're contradicting yourself.  The fact that our money is going abroad speaks to the fact that we are paying for whatever resources we obtain in other countries.  We are not stealing like some country from the dark ages - we are trading our money for those resources.  Which means that other countries have absolutely no claim to anything in Canada.  Whether or not you feel this is exploitation is irrelevant.  Our interests are focused on what we need as a country, not what the other country needs.  It's up to them to raise the price of what we want if they feel they are being unduly exploited.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, eyeball said:

No it is not, it is the double standard. Real canadians are held to a higher standard than the fake canadians.

1 hour ago, Hydraboss said:

edit->sp

Because it has been to easy for Canadians to make a living out of welfare.

1 minute ago, PIK said:

No it is not, it is the double standard.

Reasonable accommodation is done for Christianity and Judaism so there's no double standard.  Christian and Jewish holidays and practices are accommodated in the workplace and in common life.  Kosher meals offered on airlines and in hospitals, workplaces that don't celebrate birthdays to accommodate Christian sects...

Of course you can just state the opposite without examples if you like.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Reasonable accommodation is done for Christianity and Judaism so there's no double standard.  Christian and Jewish holidays and practices are accommodated in the workplace and in common life.  Kosher meals offered on airlines and in hospitals, workplaces that don't celebrate birthdays to accommodate Christian sects...

Of course you can just state the opposite without examples if you like.

Allowing police to wear turbans is a double standard, to allow student to wear knives to school is a double standard.Anything they can do and we can't is a double standard. Come on mike quit trying to justify what we all know is wrong. Quit bending over backwards for people that don't deserve it. 

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Allowing police to wear turbans is a double standard, to allow student to wear knives to school is a double standard.Anything they can do and we can't is a double standard. Come on mike quit trying to justify what we all know is wrong. Quit bending over backwards for people that don't deserve it. 

Police wearing turbans is okay, students taking knives to school is not okay. 

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Police wearing turbans is okay

What?  You've never been held up at turban-point?  I agree.

The turban argument has been going since a Sikh walked into a Legion wearing one....  I see the stupidity of the disagreement from this point:  You cannot discount "Canadian traditions and laws" to make allowances for a turban, and then turn around and start berating people for "violating Canadian values" (like wanting border laws enforced).  These ill-defined values are no more important than these traditions or laws.  It's hypocritical to argue both sides of what is essentially the same damn argument.