The Left invites terrorists into our home

Argus

Well the dilemma is that yes you're 100% correct in that if you bring in a large group of (Sunni) Muslim immigrants, a small % of them will be would-be terrorists, or a small % of their offspring will become homegrown terrorists.  The dilemma is do you profile a group of people & ban them from entering the country when the vast majority of them are law-abiding citizens.

It's a tough ethical dilemma.  In all honesty I would highly consider banning all Sunni Muslims from certain countries in the world, I don't want Canada to become like western Europe with more & more frequent terrorist attacks.  I feel bad for the  many good Sunni families that live here who wish to sponsor their relatives to come here (maybe those can be made an exception) but the security of the country & its citizens should outweigh the rights of people in foreign countries who wish to immigrate.  It's sad it has come to this.  I wish there were a way to distinguish moderate from radical-thinking Sunnis.

Shia Muslims ie: most Iranians typically engage in terror far less frequently (al-Qaeda & ISIS are radical Sunni groups) so I don't have a problem with them immigrating if they're good law-abiding people.

Its not Muslims who are ultimately to blame for this. It's always the left.

But of course its not the really the lefts fault. It's the right for never ever ever doing anything about the left other that to whine about it.

Either shit, get off the pot or DO something about us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The Left invites terrorists into our home

Canada's left and right have been inviting USA terrorists into "our home", oh the propaganda, for centuries. This support for USA terrorism and war crimes is the SOLE cause of the world's major problems and issues. That people deny such an obvious thing illustrates the level of delusion that has always accompanied what it means to be a Canadian/USian.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Well the dilemma is that yes you're 100% correct in that if you bring in a large group of (Sunni) Muslim immigrants, a small % of them will be would-be terrorists, or a small % of their offspring will become homegrown terrorists.  The dilemma is do you profile a group of people & ban them from entering the country when the vast majority of them are law-abiding citizens.

There's more than one reason to not want them as immigrants, though. On top of the cultural and religious problems they tend to be far less economically successful than people from other parts of the world. Immigration Canada has itself said they are among the least economically successful. As for refugees, they can best be helped where they are, not by spending a small fortune to fly them to Canada and put them up in local hotels.

• Like 2

Matthew Fisher's column in today's Post is foreboding in considering what our future could hold in store. 

A fear that is much discussed in the media is that Rosengard and Arab-majority neighbourhoods elsewhere in Sweden have become home to large numbers of Islamic extremists.

Sweden’s top spy, Anders Thornberg, believes that where there were fewer than 200 Islamic extremists in the country 10 years ago that number has today exploded into the thousands.

“We have never seen anything like this before,” Thornberg told Sweden’s TT news agency. “This is the new normal,”

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/matthew-fisher-sweden-refugees/wcm/11aa962f-2aea-4bb9-bb9b-2de3e9bf487d#comments-area

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

It's a tough ethical dilemma.  In all honesty I would highly consider banning all Sunni Muslims from certain countries in the world, I don't want Canada to become like western Europe with more & more frequent terrorist attacks.  I feel bad for the  many good Sunni families that live here who wish to sponsor their relatives to come here (maybe those can be made an exception) but the security of the country & its citizens should outweigh the rights of people in foreign countries who wish to immigrate.  It's sad it has come to this.  I wish there were a way to distinguish moderate from radical-thinking Sunnis.

Shia Muslims ie: most Iranians typically engage in terror far less frequently (al-Qaeda & ISIS are radical Sunni groups) so I don't have a problem with them immigrating if they're good law-abiding people.

The only humanitarian solution about a people from a culture that clashes with our values, is to help provide a TEMPORARY refuge for them in a country that is compatible with their culture.  It could even be a designated protected place in their own country.  The UN should all contribute to sustain that humanitarian endeavor.    The refugees go back home when the conflict is over.

Taking people from countries does not help that country at all!  How do they rebuild when all their educated, and skilled workers are gone and have resettled elsewhere? 

Furthermore, not all refugees want to forsake their own culture - nor do they want to adapt to another's.  They're simply being forced to do so by the upheaval in their land.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

I don't think anyone is really blaming Muslims for fleeing their countries.  And.....

I don't think anyone here is blaming refugees who scramble to flock to Canada, especially when they're practically given an open invitation by the Prime Minister of Canada - who btw, continues to be mum about this even though it's his mixed message that's causing this massive border-crossing!

Why isn't the concerned left putting pressure on Trudeau to come out and  get the record straight, instead of having Canada spend millions on refugees - most of them, not qualified anyway?  That's what Garneau was saying....that most of the Haitians will not be qualified!  So why not discourage and prevent this unnecessary border-crossing?

Why  are we taking them in, and housing them?  Why are we wasting funds on something that's preventable?

That's not enough!  People are latching on to Trudeau's public invitation with hope.

Trudeau has created this.   Trudeau has to make some public corrections.

But of course its not the really the lefts fault. It's the right for never ever ever doing anything about the left other that to whine about it.

Don't you think discussing the issue in forums - pointing out what is being overlooked -  is a way of trying to do something about it?  Casting votes, is another way.....

What else do you suggest? 

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The call here is for 100 million Canadians by 2050...all to protect your pension...of course.

What is that obsession in Canada about 100 million people? Some sort of inferiority-complex being next door to a much more populous neighbour?

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

What is that obsession in Canada about 100 million people? Some sort of inferiority-complex being next door to a much more populous neighbour?

More to destroy existing cultures, I'd say. Can't have a proper Islamic State with all these bloody infidels running the show.

• Like 1

If the population of canada is 100m in the year 2050 that means the population-growth will be over 3% annually for the next 33 years. Such a rate is a third world-standard.

Even if the target-year is 2100 then the annual growth is over 1% which is impossible in such a long time-span.

10 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

If the population of canada is 100m in the year 2050 that means the population-growth will be over 3% annually for the next 33 years. Such a rate is a third world-standard.

Even if the target-year is 2100 then the annual growth is over 1% which is impossible in such a long time-span.

The idea isn't to get current Canadians to have more children. It's incredibly expensive for Canadians to have babies.

It is here too in Finland. I don't have kids but what I've spoken to work-mates I get the idea that it is really expensive. A work-mate of mine who has two kids told me that the kindergarten costs him 600 euros/month. On top of that other expenses which don't exist if you don't have kids.

I have often humorously thought that if it weren't illegal many people would sell their kids because they couldn't afford them.

38 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

It is here too in Finland. I don't have kids but what I've spoken to work-mates I get the idea that it is really expensive. A work-mate of mine who has two kids told me that the kindergarten costs him 600 euros/month. On top of that other expenses which don't exist if you don't have kids.

I have often humorously thought that if it weren't illegal many people would sell their kids because they couldn't afford them.

Our country is determined to be North America's Sweden. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

That doesn't seem an issue as immigrants have LOTS of kids.

Which is why the Liberals are so anxious to bring in as many minorities with such a proclivity to reproduce - votes.  They sell the idea by playing on the rather weak-minded sensibilities of the left.

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

of course, this is 100% correct.  The "right" (if there really is any such thing in Canada) didn't have the brains or the balls to stand up for what is "right" in this last election, and the harsh reality of democracy is that you get what you deserve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Which is why the Liberals are so anxious to bring in as many minorities with such a proclivity to reproduce - votes.  They sell the idea by playing on the rather weak-minded sensibilities of the left.

It doesn't help that our PM pretty much is a Muslim and wants to do the "right thing" by his faith and spread Islam around to where it has never had a chance to be a pain in the neck...so to speak.

• Like 1

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

It doesn't help that our PM pretty much is a Muslim and wants to do the "right thing" by his faith and spread Islam around to where it has never had a chance to be a pain in the neck...so to speak.

His family really is from the Catholic cult, but religion of any kind seems to have the same result - depravity, dependence, death and destruction...in the name of "The Lord" (allah, etc.).