The Battle of Charlottesville

15 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Wouldn't be surprised,  but the vice-mayor of Charlottesville and member of the Virginia Board of Education has stepped down

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/12/01/virginia-board-of-education-member-resigns-after-vulgar-tweets-surface/?utm_term=.4548471db8b5

This all reminds me of the Taliban pulling down statues, not much different from each other really.   

Bellamy retweeted a description of performing a sex act on a sleeping woman and the comment that “if she moan it aint rape.” “Word,” he said in response to the comment. He retweeted another message in January 2012 that included a gay slur.

Earlier that year, he retweeted a message from another user saying: “this weekend I’ll be on a whitegirl diet.” He shared the message, then added “a rape charge waiting to happen,” according to the Cavalier Daily. In another tweet, according to the Daily, he wrote that white women “smell like future assault charges n deli meat.”

Bellamy, who is African American, also called white women “the devil” and said he did not like seeing white people in Orangeburg, S.C., according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2016/12/01/virginia-board-of-education-member-resigns-after-vulgar-tweets-surface/?utm_term=.2853d77bae42

This black guy is the black counterpart of white supremacists. 

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes but we usually side with Commies when push comes to shove with Nazis, even you know that.

You might identify yourself as a Commie who loves Islam. No matter.

I however hate Nazis with a passion you can't even begin to understand.

17 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Trump should simply have condemned the alt right this week without equivocation. He's not the ref here, or a journalist, he's the President, one who was loudly supported by the alt right during the campaign. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/charles-krauthammer-trump-a-moral-disgrace-fox-news_us_5993c9f1e4b04b19336176fe

Why just the alt right? Why didn't you also say the alt left because the alt left are the ones that love to start up violence and hatred like we saw in Charlottesville.  

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I however hate Nazis with a passion you can't even begin to understand.

Yes but you also fear Commies with just as much passion so you're always bent out of shape no matter which way you twist and turn.  That's what you don't seem to understand.

You might identify yourself as a Commie who loves Islam. No matter.

Of course you're free to identify as a Nazi when it comes to Islam.

20 hours ago, LonJowett said:

I've been wanting to get one of those Soros protesting gigs but can only find information on them on batshit-crazy Russia-generated right-wing news sites. Do you have a contact in the real world where I can find out more?

Just go to You tube for pete's sake. I just did and punched in george soros and voila there was good old soros smiling. 

6 minutes ago, taxme said:

Why just the alt right? Why didn't you also say the alt left because the alt left are the ones that love to start up violence and hatred like we saw in Charlottesville.  

Obviously you have ignored the videos and the facts of what occurred in VA. but I'm not surprised, so carry on.

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Those personal associations don't immunize Trump. 'Has friends who are black people' is even weaker than 'many of my friends are black', the classic, clumsy defence of racist behaviour. Trump isn't just a guy on the street free to mouth off as he likes. As President he's supposed to set an example and bring the nation together. 

Very short memory here....President Obama failed to meet your lofty expectations as well.   

Black Lives Matter protests turned violent amid chants to fry police officers "like bacon".

He does not 'embody everything evil' - he's too empty for that. He's simply an unprincipled chancer who saw a way to the White House by mobilizing the alt right. 

And a "principled" (cough- cough)  Hillary Clinton mobilized the alt-left, including liberal white supremacists only to lose the election.

Hating millions of voting "deplorables" cost her several key states.    Identity politics cuts both ways.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes but you also fear Commies with just as much passion so you're always bent out of shape no matter which way you twist and turn.  That's what you don't seem to understand.

Of course you're free to identify as a Nazi when it comes to Islam.

Islam and Nazism only differ in the uniforms worn.

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I'm pro-Israel and anti-Nazi...agreed. That doesn't change.

Remember this is a thread about a unite the right rally sponsored by Nazi's and racists who hate Jews/Israel Muslims, blacks and of course the Commies (read, left-wing Americans) who opposed the rally. Why would you equate these Commies with Nazis and Islam along with me and just about everyone else who's also spoken out against this unite the right rally?

It seems you're not actually wearing a uniform at all. Are you just a confused shell-shocked combatant wandering around shooting at whoever happens to be in your sights?  Perhaps this is what too much passionate hate and fear does to logic, reason and perspective.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Because Donald Trump is not supported by the alt left. If antifa suporters had killed somebody, I would expect a hypothetical President Sanders to condemn them unequivocally (and not repeatedly mention the other side 'for balance') because some of those leftists would have voted for him. It would be his first responsibility to condemn his own side.

Corporate America already made its mind up about this and many in the Republican Party are muttering nervously. Threads like this seem to concentrate the true believers.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

51 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Very short memory here....President Obama failed to meet your lofty expectations as well.   

Black Lives Matter protests turned violent amid chants to fry police officers "like bacon".

And a "principled" (cough- cough)  Hillary Clinton mobilized the alt-left, including liberal white supremacists only to lose the election.

Hating millions of voting "deplorables" cost her several key states.    Identity politics cuts both ways.

I'm not exactly a spokesperson for BLM or Mr. Obama. That's a subject for another thread.

59 minutes ago, taxme said:

Just go to You tube for pete's sake. I just did and punched in george soros and voila there was good old soros smiling. 

Are you kidding? He ... smiles!?? OMG! :o

Clearly he's guilty then!

Just now, SpankyMcFarland said:

I'm not exactly a spokesperson for BLM or Mr. Obama. That's a subject for another thread.

Actually, you are not a spokesperson for any American president or group, including Trump.

But your posted opinions are subject to analysis and historical comparisons.

• Like 1