The Battle of Charlottesville

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

One more, this homicide has a mental health angle:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/08/14/james-alex-fields-jr-man-accused-of-ramming-car-into-charlottesville-protesters-denied-bail.html

I'm more spooked by the torchlight procession and the chanting they were doing. Not too many 'good people' there by the looks of things. This movement is gathering steam.

Yup, it is getting ugly out there alright, and you can thank G. Soros for that. 

2 hours ago, Argus said:

You have more than fascist groups on the right. This apparently developed as a "Unite the Right' event to protest those who want to judge historical figures by the moral standards of today. The statue being the centerpiece. But when it became evident the Nazis and White Supremacists were going to be there most of the other right and alt-right groups cancelled out. Some did show up, however, but you never saw them on TV because TV likes to show fights and brawls and people wearing helmets and carrying Nazi flags. 

On the other side, you had a lot of peaceful groups, by far the majority, but not all of them were peaceful. Again, the ones who the cameras were drawn to were the violent hard left who came to fight, equipped with weapons, shields helmets and masks.

In terms of their views you are probably right. In terms of the violence (aside from that one scumbag in the car) I'm not sure you are. I've seen a lot of these hard left groups in internet videos and they have the righteous indignation of the messianic young, and the steely determination to smite the sinner. Which is basically anyone who supports Trump or conservatism. 

The big difference here was that unlike other places, you had an incompetent police force which did little to keep the two sides separate. 

Can

I can't verify it but rumor has it that the police were told to back off by their police chief. His excuse was that he didn't want to get any of his officers injured. What the hell? Cops scared off by rioters? If this is true this is nuts. Cops running away from their duties of protecting the citizen? Shocking. 

45 minutes ago, Boges said:

This is sort of like a dog chasing its tail. Are counter protests infringing on freedom of speech, or just another example of freedom of speech?

In this instance, only once side resorted to murder. Those KKK dudes with the Tiki Torches got their message out, they certainly weren't silenced by a bunch of "Alt-Left" hippies.

Again, this is atributing the acts of one person one time to everyone else on that 'side'. Something everyone refuse to do with Muslims no matter how many acts of terrorism they commit.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Altai said:

10 British soldiers are killed in Syria and US military copter crashed. 

You cant find these things in news. You can only hear from me ^_^ Ops sorry, there is some news about the copter. 

The main concern with the American leftist liberal fake media today is that they only want to talk and report about white nationalists having rallies or about Trump and Russia all day and night long. Indeed there are many more news worthy stories to report on from around the world but Trump and white nationalists get 1st place. The leftist liberal media in America are nothing more that a bunch of sick pigs. Their reporters are their to act out and lie and not tell the truth about anything that might wake up the American people. Thank gawd Trump is doing that on social media. Telling them the truth. 

54 minutes ago, betsy said:

I'd be appalled at any group  that tries to intimidate anyone from speaking out, and that includes the BLM.

The BLM had lost their credibility, in my opinion.  They've become the black counterpart of white supremacists.  They're not protesting - they're rioting. 

Especially when they take offense about saying ALL LIVES MATTER!

The videos should show us all that those BLM's people and leftist liberal thugs are nothing more than violent people who do not believe in peaceful demonstrations. They only want to commit violence and riot and at the same time smash a few windows and steal stuff, and getting in the way of other people going about their business. Can anyone show me here white nationalists do this?  We all know who the real fascists are, here and it ain't the nationalists. But MH would have us all believe that the nationalists are always the problem. But hey. 

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Just look at them!  Especially near the end of the video - they're in a frenzy!

It's like watching a riot in a correctional...or insane asylum.

We are all now living in an insane asylum. Those fools trying to destroy and get rid of statues that are a part of their American heritage and history is sad. Those fools never gave a chit about statues before until Trump got elected. Now the Soros joe and mary sixpack thugs are suddenly all up in arms over statues. It did not seem to bother them when Obamarama was president? Where are the gawd dam police anyway? Are they being told to stand down like they may have been told to do so in Virginia, and let the statue topplers do what they want to do?

So, just who is behind and is making all these idiots want to tear down statues anyway? This is the question that needs to be answered. The communists are taking over. People better wake up soon or else they may be off to the gulag one day. One day it could be you. Hey, you never know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Yup, it is getting ugly out there alright, and you can thank G. Soros for that. 

I've been wanting to get one of those Soros protesting gigs but can only find information on them on batshit-crazy Russia-generated right-wing news sites. Do you have a contact in the real world where I can find out more?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I think Neo Nazis and the KKK are one of those areas where we can let Black Bloc tactics slide. Or at least not make moral equivalencies  when a few of those Anti-Racism protestors get run over by a car. 

Sure...the same way government tactics against "aboriginals" gets to slide in Canada.   No "moral equivalency".....

1 hour ago, taxme said:

The main concern with the American leftist liberal fake media today is that they only want to talk and report about white nationalists having rallies or about Trump and Russia all day and night long.

Agreed....it is another way to attack President Trump after the snowflakes lost the election.   They still can't get over it.

8 hours ago, Boges said:

Has no one been murdered I probably wouldn't have known about this protest, or cared. And if Trump didn't use the same type of moral equivalency we see used to defend Radical Islam (which I disagree with as well) then this wouldn't have gotten to attention it got. 

AND if Trump didn't Double Down yesterday, this story might be over with by now. But it keeps going because he can't help himself by giving his base handjobs. 

Trump didn't draw a moral equivalency, not by any stretch - that's just more media crap.  The only equivalency that Trump even alluded to was that both sides showed hate, intolerance and violence toward the other.  The only thing Trump is saying is that the left weren't the peaceful do gooders that the press would have us believe.  It's the media that spun that into a moral equivalency. 

President Trump is right....violent alt-left protesters do not get a pass just because they are attacking "white supremacists" who have the right to legally rally and express their "racist" views.   Send Antifa to countries that suppress "hate speech", like Germany...or Canada.

Crimes by such people are not OK because of any comparisons of ideology.

3 hours ago, LonJowett said:

That slippery slope arguments are always ridiculous and don't account for the fact that people can make rational decisions. Put simply, gay marriage didn't lead to us marrying dogs after all.

You couldn't be more wrong, that's why we have what we saw on saturday.  If you don't think things are ramping up, just wait until the next time.  Did you see any rationality on saturday?  A woman got killed.  The WN's brought armour, mace, and guns (although no guns were used)and were swinging flag poles like clubs.  The lefties brought bats, shields and batons, mace, flame throwers and threw water bottles filled with concrete.  

The problem is that Trump courted the alt right and is supported by them. White nationalists see him as their man. It's not up to him to be impartial on the subject but to show clearly that he distances himself from racists in speech after speech and tweet after tweet. He hasn't done that. Instead he keeps on wavering back and forth, sending a message to these people that he's just going through the motions and is really with them. 

By far the most deadly war in US history was partly about race. The marches of the Klan in the Twenties and the resistance to reform in the Sixties show how such forces persisted. White nationalism still has the capacity to tear America apart. 

9 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The problem is that Trump courted the alt right and is supported by them. White nationalists see him as their man. It's not up to him to be impartial on the subject but to show clearly that he distances himself from racists in speech after speech and tweet after tweet. He hasn't done that. Instead he keeps on wavering back and forth, sending a message to these people that he's just going through the motions and is really with them. 

By far the most deadly war in US history was partly about race. The marches of the Klan in the Twenties and the resistance to reform in the Sixties show how such forces persisted. White nationalism still has the capacity to tear America apart. 

Don't be willfully obtuse, of course he distanced himself.  Just because he adds that there was violence all around doesn't discount what he has said.  The truth is; no one ..or very very few people like the anti-jew comments or the "this is our streets" racist crap, but that doesn't change the facts that the leftists came to rumble as well.  If Trump only calls out the WN's, isn't he basically giving permission to vigilante groups of all sorts to violently lash out.  Look at Durham, these leftists know that they are untouchable from the police and the media, why?  Because the media will support them and the dems are promoting "resist".  No wonder they've formed a mob - are we surprised that when unleashed, the mob mentality takes over?  I'm not! 

Edited by Hal 9000

2 hours ago, Boges said:

In this instance, only once side resorted to murder. Those KKK dudes with the Tiki Torches got their message out, they certainly weren't silenced by a bunch of "Alt-Left" hippies.

One person resorted to murder and he may be mentally ill. I am more concerned about the gradual ramping up of these white nationalist demos and their support online. The slogans 'blood and soil' and 'Jews will not replace us' are difficult to misconstrue. 

8 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Don't be willfully obtuse, of course he distanced himself.  Just because he adds that there was violence all around doesn't discount what he has said.  The truth is; no one ..or very very few people like the anti-jew comments or the "this is our streets" racist crap, but that doesn't change the facts that the leftists came to rumble as well.  If Trump only calls out the WN's, isn't he basically giving permission to vigilante groups of all sorts to violently lash out.  Look at Durham, these leftists know that they are untouchable from the police and the media, why?  Because the media will support them and the dems are promoting "resist".  No wonder they've formed a mob - are we surprised that when unleashed, the mob mentality takes over?  I'm not! 

Trump is supported by these racists for crying out loud. He has a duty to condemn them unequivocally instead of muddying the waters. Even in the press conference, you can see how he gets much more excited about the sins of the alt left than those of his own people, the alt right. Most reasonable people get that - deal with your own sins first. Hence the justifiable outrage. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

43 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Don't be willfully obtuse, of course he distanced himself.  Just because he adds that there was violence all around doesn't discount what he has said. 

Do you really think he distanced himself or are you just being politically correct?

Edited by dialamah
Clarity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Trump is supported by these racists for crying out loud. He has a duty to condemn them unequivocally instead of muddying the waters. Even in the press conference, you can see how he gets much more excited about the sins of the alt left than those of his own people, the alt right. Most reasonable people get that - deal with your own sins first. Hence the justifiable outrage. 

How are the waters muddied?  "I condemn the WN and Nazi group" and "there was violence on both sides" are two completely different ideas.  If you're confused by this, i feel sorry for you.

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

How are the waters muddied?  "I condemn the WN and Nazi group" and "there was violence on both sides" are two completely different ideas.  If you're confused by this, i feel sorry for you.

Trump should simply have condemned the alt right this week without equivocation. He's not the ref here, or a journalist, he's the President, one who was loudly supported by the alt right during the campaign. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/charles-krauthammer-trump-a-moral-disgrace-fox-news_us_5993c9f1e4b04b19336176fe

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

12 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It is if you want to get rid of them.  You'd be very naive to think that the events of saturday weakened the WN group.  The only way to get rid of them is to do nothing about them.

Do nothing about them, eh?  What about Imams who preach violence against Jews ... Do nothing about them and they'll go away?   Perhaps doing nothing about sites that recruit for ISIS will make them go away?   What do you think?

• Like 1