The Battle of Charlottesville

Just now, taxme said:

If the leftist cry baby fake and phony liberal media could they would try and blame Trump for starting world war 2. White nationalists have had enough of this leftist liberal democratic nonsense and are now starting to fight back against the oppression and tyranny that the likes of the Soros democrats and liberals have been forcing on them for decades. Now the losers will have to reap what they have sowed.  It's pay back time. :D

So you don't have any evidence for your claims but you lack the integrity to admit that?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LonJowett said:

Can you provide evidence from a reputable source that Soros paid for the protesters? If you can't, do  you have the integrity to admit you have no evidence?

Go on the internet and punch in G. Soros or go to Youtube and do the same. You will find many reputable sources that will explain to you what you want to read or hear. That is where I have gotten all my information from, and read and heard all about the rotten things Soros is behind.  You can get it all from the horses mouth, as they say. Go for it. 

3 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

So you don't have any evidence for your claims but you lack the integrity to admit that?

Try the internet or youtube. It's all there about that maniac Soros and his paid for gang of thugs and other affiliations. You don't have to take my word for it which I am pretty sure you will not. 

Just now, taxme said:

Go on the internet and punch in G. Soros or go to Youtube and do the same. You will find many reputable sources that will explain to you what you want to read or hear. That is where I have gotten all my information from, and read and heard all about the rotten things Soros is behind.  You can get it all from the horses mouth, as they say. Go for it. 

That's not true. There isn't one reputable source that describes anything like that. There's just a bunch of Russian fake news about him, as far as I can see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

Can you provide evidence from a reputable source that Soros paid for the protesters? If you can't, do  you have the integrity to admit you have no evidence?

No.

15 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

If he failed at stopping the protest, how would he be able to stop the counter-protest?

My point is he made no attempt to do so. And his police made little or no obvious attempt to keep the sides apart. Look at the 'freedom of speech' demos Trump supporters have held in places like Portland and Seattle and you can see the police made sure them and the now inevitable counter protestors did not come in contact with each other - by using tear gas and baton charges, if necessary, on the counter protestors.

Can someone please change this moronic topic title? I would suggest the battle of Charlottesville in its place, or at least the battle of Virginia. At least get the bloody state right.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, taxme said:

You need to get your facts straight before you start to blame people who did nothing at all for what happened in Virginia. :rolleyes:

Me blame? You misunderstand, I don't think there's anything wrong with attacking your ilk. My grandfather was given a medal for doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LonJowett said:

If he failed at stopping the protest, how would he be able to stop the counter-protest?

Why on Earth would anyone want to stop the counter protests?

It's about time left wing 2nd Amendment folks started standing up against what's wrong in their country. This is what should happen when politicians refuse to bury their hatchets in one another's heads. It falls to the people to do what needs to be done.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 2

On 13/08/2017 at 1:01 PM, drummindiver said:

Ironic you bring that up after actions lefties did to stop free speech  the last decade or so.

Racism and fascism must always be confronted. That's free speech too.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Why on Earth would anyone want to stop the counter protests?

Yes, the most glaring deficiency in the argus/betsy argument is that they start with the premise that protesting for and against white supremacy are equally reprehensible and then they go from there.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, LonJowett said:

Yes, the most glaring deficiency in the argus/betsy argument is that they start with the premise that protesting for and against white supremacy are equally reprehensible and then they go from there.

No. Here's the thing from my perspective. The White Supremacists had a legal right to demonstrate. Anyone who physically interfered with them was breaking the law. The violence that took place was solely the responsibility of the leftist thugs who attacked the white supremacists - with the exception of that moron who drove a car into people.

Left wing activists hold a lot of protest and a lot of demos all across the US and Canada. Whether it's black lives matter, or anti-Zionist groups, anti-poverty groups, whether they're protesting against Trump or globalism or capitalism. Nobody much cares. You don't see masses of counter-protesters going out to confront them with violence.

But if any Right wing group wants to hold a demonstration, or even rents a hall to speak to similar people, swarms of Left and Far Left demonstrators come out of the woodwork screaming abuse, howling insults, wearing masks and threatening violence, trying to block people from reaching the site of the demonstration or speech, going into halls to pull fire alarms and scream abuse at lecturers or speakers, and using violence whenever and wherever the police are not there to stop them. It started on college campuses, and is now spreading out into the world outside college. This incredible degree of fascist-like intolerance towards different viewpoints and ideologies, which, to these people, justify violence in shutting it down because they believe the speech they dislike is itself violence and thus gives them the right to 'defend' against it.

And it doesn't matter if the right wing group is made up of Nazis and White Supremacists or simply Trump supporters or anti-abortion types or speakers like Christie Blatchford or Cathy Young or Milo Yiannopoulos. The left makes no distinction in its fanatic determination to shut that speech or demo down. And I'm frankly getting sick of it. They're a bunch of violent fanatics, zealots and criminals, and I don't see any condemnation of their actions on the part of mainstream or liberal politicians or the mainstream media. None.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, jacee said:

Racism and fascism must always be confronted. That's free speech too.

Confront it in peace. Don't wear body armor and bring clubs, shields and flame throwers.

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

Confront it in peace. Don't wear body armor and bring clubs, shields and flame throwers.

Are you really unaware that it wasn't one-sided and many, many Nazis attacked peaceful anti-racism protesters? Or are you just unwilling to admit that Nazis aren't always peaceful?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrissy1979 said:

Are you really unaware that it wasn't one-sided and many, many Nazis attacked peaceful anti-racism protesters? Or are you just unwilling to admit that Nazis aren't always peaceful?

The white supremacists, as far as I saw, were going down the road they had been assigned, to get to the park. The 'counter protestors' went to that road to block them, scream abuse, spit on them, throw bottles, and spray them with pepper spray and mace. The police should have made sure these two groups were not able to intermingle at all, as competent police have been doing for some months.

A lot of stupid Left wing groups hold a lot of demos that I think are moronic but it wouldn't even occur to me to go there to spit at them and spray them with mace, or even scream obscenities at them. But then I'm a civilized human being.

1 hour ago, Argus said:

No. Here's the thing from my perspective. The White Supremacists had a legal right to demonstrate. Anyone who physically interfered with them was breaking the law. The violence that took place was solely the responsibility of the leftist thugs who attacked the white supremacists - with the exception of that moron who drove a car into people.

Left wing activists hold a lot of protest and a lot of demos all across the US and Canada. Whether it's black lives matter, or anti-Zionist groups, anti-poverty groups, whether they're protesting against Trump or globalism or capitalism. Nobody much cares. You don't see masses of counter-protesters going out to confront them with violence.

But if any Right wing group wants to hold a demonstration, or even rents a hall to speak to similar people, swarms of Left and Far Left demonstrators come out of the woodwork screaming abuse, howling insults, wearing masks and threatening violence, trying to block people from reaching the site of the demonstration or speech, going into halls to pull fire alarms and scream abuse at lecturers or speakers, and using violence whenever and wherever the police are not there to stop them. It started on college campuses, and is now spreading out into the world outside college. This incredible degree of fascist-like intolerance towards different viewpoints and ideologies, which, to these people, justify violence in shutting it down because they believe the speech they dislike is itself violence and thus gives them the right to 'defend' against it.

And it doesn't matter if the right wing group is made up of Nazis and White Supremacists or simply Trump supporters or anti-abortion types or speakers like Christie Blatchford or Cathy Young or Milo Yiannopoulos. The left makes no distinction in its fanatic determination to shut that speech or demo down. And I'm frankly getting sick of it. They're a bunch of violent fanatics, zealots and criminals, and I don't see any condemnation of their actions on the part of mainstream or liberal politicians or the mainstream media. None.

They aren't just "right wing", argus.

They're Nazis.

They must be stopped and destroyed.

The left is arming itself now too. 'Redneck Revolt' was there, armed (that's their thing) as security at Justice Park, the staging ground for the anti-fascists. They repelled repeated attacks by the fascists, no shots fired.

Get used to it.

And ... if you're really "getting sick of it", argus? Stop going to your Nazi rallies.

Edited by jacee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Ya, only white supremacists and neo nazis are supposed to bring those.

Have a look at the Berkely videos which shows these same masked ANTIFA people mobbing and beating up Trump supporters. You won't see any weapons or clubs or helmets on the Trump supporters. But things changed after that. The far tight or alt-right or just right wing groups that held demos after that now came ready for the violence that they expected to have to deal with from ANTIFA. In fact, they came back to Berkeley only about a week or two later, and they acted far differently.

10 minutes ago, jacee said:

They aren't just "right wing", argus.

They're Nazis.

They must be stopped and destroyed.

What about Communists and Marxists? What if I feel they must be stopped and destroyed. Are you okay with that?

1 minute ago, Argus said:

What about Communists and Marxists? What if I feel they must be stopped and destroyed. Are you okay with that?

This is all starting to sound like the lyrics to Der Horst Wessel Lied. Reds and Nazis clashing in the streets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst-Wessel-Lied

Folks don't realize the ghosts they're summoning...all too close.

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

Where did he say that?   Quote the exact words where he said "(All) Muslims are just fine"; bet you can't.

Quote where I said all Muslims are evil.  We all know what we mean.

Now you can see here the Portland police doing their job and protecting some idiotic Trump protestors from Leftist mobs. You can see bottles being thrown at police and over police by the ANTIFA types trying to get at the Trump supporters, and then the police tear gassing them. Had the police not been there we would have seen the same kind of violence as we did last weekend.

7 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm not down with deciding that my opinions are the only ones anyone is allowed to express and that violence should be used against those who disagree with me. You don't believe in freedom of speech? That says a lot about you.

The charter of rights and freedoms protect every one of us...even when it is uncomfortable

- Some dude with great hair