Refugee crisis escalating

41 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Why bother with a hearing at all, if the outcome is just going to be deportation?

Anyway I agree that the people who walk across the border should not be allowed.  They can return to wherever and make proper application.   

As you point out, the ones who come across the border are, in virtually every case, not entitled to refugee protection as they come from a safe third country. And in most cases wouldn't qualify even if they didn't. Haitians, for example. 

17 hours ago, capricorn said:

If the number of border jumpers is dwindling, why the hell can't the Liberal government find temporary shelters for them instead of purchasing winterized trailers to house them at Lacolle? The reason stares us in the face. It's because they are preparing for another influx of border jumpers.

6000 crossed there.

"The tender is seeking accommodations for 200 people." 

Get your facts staight before blubbering.

Edited by jacee

19 hours ago, capricorn said:

Knowing that processing the large number of border jumpers would take months, whose bright idea was it to house them in tents in the first place? The Liberals should have known that tents would not cut it in our climate.

As long as we're on the subject of knowing stuff in advance...whose bright idea was it to ignore and even maintain so much of the global environmental, economic and political injustice that's contributed to these crises?  And you and your ilk are actually saying you had no idea whatsoever that any of this would happen at all?

Bullshit.

Obviously, the Liberals are planning for the arrival of Mexicans, Hondurans and El Salvadoreans. They just don't want to admit it to Canadians.

No more than any other right-wing Canadian political party likes to alarm Canadians...which explains why you and your ilk are just as ignorant as the Liberals and their ilk are to the global environmental, economic and political injustice contributing to these crises. 

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

As long as we're on the subject of knowing stuff in advance...whose bright idea was it to ignore and even maintain so much of the global environmental, economic and political injustice that's contributed to these crises?

Somewhere in there is a reference to global warming or something related to it. This gibberish is not easy to decipher.

And you and your ilk are actually saying you had no idea whatsoever that any of this would happen at all?

Bullshit.

I can't speak for "my ilk". Speaking for myself, I am not an elected represented of the people or member of the government, so it's not my responsibility to plan for contingencies and, formulate policies and plans to govern this country. That's the job of the Liberal (majority) government.

2 hours ago, capricorn said:

Somewhere in there is a reference to global warming or something related to it. This gibberish is not easy to decipher.

Yes well, it's been gibberish to you for decades. That's why you can't place this crisis into any sort of reality-based context.

I can't speak for "my ilk". Speaking for myself, I am not an elected represented of the people or member of the government, so it's not my responsibility to plan for contingencies and, formulate policies and plans to govern this country. That's the job of the Liberal (majority) government.

Well, coming from someone who is unwilling to take responsibility for the actions our governments take you really have no business speaking for anybody. Just do as you're told and be happy with it.

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

someone who is unwilling to take responsibility for the actions our government

That would be Trudeau.  You remember, the guy who refuses to uphold Canadian law.  These people are not refugees, they are looking for welfare (which is paid for via taxes).

The people coming across the border are doing so illegally - why the hell isn't the government instructing the RCMP to do their frickin job and prevent it?  How many other crimes are the Liberals going to "turn a blind eye" to?  Car theft?  Rape?  Election fraud?  The people crossing should be prevented from doing so by armed RCMP or CBSA agents.  Staring down the barrel of a .223 will turn all but the dumbest away.

Putting in trailers for illegals is aiding and abetting.  Pure and simple, which means the Liberals, the RCMP and CBSA agents involved in this sham are actually breaking Canadian law.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter F said:

They are arresting them when they cross the border.  That is what the police do with those who break the laws of Canada: arrest. 

And then release them and send them to the welfare agency.

On 8/28/2017 at 1:54 PM, Argus said:

Whenever immigration supporters talk about how wonderful diversity is I think of the race riots in Britain, Sweden and France. Or the countries which broke up because of 'diversity', or the fact that if Canada had only one linguistic group it would be so much more united.

There are no bombings and people getting run over by trucks and being killed in countries like Hungary, Poland, and the Czech Republic. Why, you may want to ask? Because those countries have pretty much told the EU that they can keep all their so called refugees, we don't want them. Britain, Germany, France, Sweden and Spain are having problems with those so called refugees and the killings are still happening because they have taken into their countries tens of thousands of these so called refugees and those countries are now starting to reap what they have sown. Multiculturalism/diversity does not unite people, it creates friction and divides people. But are our fearless politically correct politicians care? NOT. They appear to be trying to get some bombings and killings going on here also. Just saying. 

18 minutes ago, Peter F said:

They are arresting them when they cross the border.  That is what the police do with those who break the laws of Canada: arrest. 

The question than should be asked is what are they going to do with all these criminal so called refugees now? They have already shown us that they do not want to abide by Canadian law. Instead they are showing disdain towards our laws. If they were to try and cross the border at Canadian border entry points they know that they would most likely not even make it into Canada and would most likely not bother to try and enter Canada. So, they get arrested. They didn't seem to be to worried about getting arrested. And now they can all shout refugee, and hope to get to stay in Canada. Just shout refugee and you may just get lucky enough to end up staying in Canada forever, and for a time being be able to stay and live in Canada at the expense and courtesy of the Canadian taxpayer's and with Canadian tax dollars. Canada is such a wonderful country, isn't it. 

There is a loophole being used by these illegals.The safe country agreement between Canada/USA does not in effect work for anyone that crosses the Canadian border illegally. There is nothing in that agreement that says that people who enter each others country illegally can be sent back to the country that they left. They can now cross the border illegally and once here get to shout for refugee status. What a sweet deal for these criminals, and their immigration lawyers, who most likely have told them all about this loophole. 

On 9/1/2017 at 4:38 PM, capricorn said:

If the number of border jumpers is dwindling, why the hell can't the Liberal government find temporary shelters for them instead of purchasing winterized trailers to house them at Lacolle? The reason stares us in the face. It's because they are preparing for another influx of border jumpers.

7000 so far and they will keep coming and coming until our feminist PM gets off his lazy feminist azz and do something about all this criminal illegal activity going on. From my understanding, Canadians want something done about it and so far our politicians are not prepared to do anything to stop the flow. I suppose for fear of maybe being called racists is probably a good reason why they stay quiet. Supposing it were a bunch of white people crossing the border into Canada illegally would they be out there themselves telling those people to not dare enter Canada illegally or else. And there would probably be no doubt that the liberal fake media would be out there demanding something be done about these white people crossing into Canada illegally.  Just wondering about that.  Our present day immigration policy appears to not want too many Caucasian people immigrating to Canada. Just saying. 

Edited by taxme

3 hours ago, Hydraboss said:

That would be Trudeau.  You remember, the guy who refuses to uphold Canadian law. 

Yes, him too. The moral degenerate I remember that sells weapons to a bloodthirsty dictator that Canada is cozy with.

The flaky sphincter that had no problem charging people for possession while waxing eloquently about how his dad fixed things so the law wouldn't crack down on his brother.

The people coming across the border are doing so illegally - why the hell isn't the government instructing the RCMP to do their frickin job and prevent it?

I don't know or care and you know why too, I said why many times yet not a single one of you has commented on it.

Putting in trailers for illegals is aiding and abetting.  Pure and simple, which means the Liberals, the RCMP and CBSA agents involved in this sham are actually breaking Canadian law.

Hmmm, colour me surprised.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So the numbers are in, and of course, give the lie to Trudeau's claim about how all those migrants crossing our borders are up against a hard, steely eyed refugee determination system. So far 70% of those who have applied have been accepted. Even though most don't meet the definition of refugees.

Here it is.

"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it."

The people coming here aren't being persecuted because of their race, religion, nationality or membership in a social group, or for their political opinions. They're feeling war and poverty in Somalia, and poverty in Haiti. They do NOT qualify for refugee status. However, given Canada's acceptance rate for refugees has skyrocketed since the Liberals took power (and put a refugee in charge of the immigration system) this should come as little surprise. Under the Tories it was 38%. Last year under the Liberals it was 68%. Who make up the hearing boards? |Why... mostly immigration advocates and immigration lawyers with ties to the Liberal party.

Canada thus has no real immigration program any more. If you want to apply, go ahead, but really, all you have to do is show up and make up a story. These stories are never investigated anyway. Welcome to Canada, and the welfare office is down the street.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/nearly-70-per-cent-of-irregular-border-crossers-who-had-cases-reviewed-granted-refugee-status/article36681028/

So far 70% of those who have applied have been accepted. Even though most don't meet the definition of refugees.

...and ~30%, according to the article, have been rejected. I assume because they didn't meet the definition of refugees.  So, Argus, if the IRB accepts refugee's because they don't meet the definition of a refugee and reject refugee's because they don't meet the definition of a refugee, what is one to think?   Well I think we have this obvious contradiction because you have assumed, without a shred of evidence, that those accepted by the IRB don't meet the definition of a refugee.   You did not sit on the board and hear the cases. You have nothing at all to base your assumption on.  Nada.

On the other hand, If the IRB heard the cases - as the article linked claims - and based on the evidence before them accepted 70% of the claims and rejected 30% of the claims then that results in no conundrum at all.   This seems entirely sensible. The article points out that the government claims this is a rational result considering that the IRB backlog is huge so they would naturally deal with expediting some obvious claims while letting the dubious (on the face of it) claims wait.  

So, again, the IRB heard some claims, considered 70% to be legit and 30% not good enough dammit.

Whats your claim? These so-called refugee's don't meet the definition of refugee's. How so? They're Haitians!  

I believe the IRB knows a hellofalot more about the claims that were accepted than you do by a mile. 

Edited by Peter F

The government of Canada has a website which describes the conditions that people are accepted as refugees.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

In the case of the migrants crossing the border from the U.S. this year, I am not sure how the requirements are applied.  The news media does not report how the IRB makes it's decisions.  I doubt if the IRB releases any information to the public or media.  Does anyone know how the IRB has been operating and what basis they make their decisions this year concerning the migrants crossing from the U.S.?   It would be interesting to know how it works, but I doubt we will ever know.  I think the public has a right to know what exactly is going on so that we can make our decisions on political input to our elected MPs and the electoral process.  How Canada is governed is the business of Canadians.

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, Peter F said:

...and ~30%, according to the article, have been rejected. I assume because they didn't meet the definition of refugees.  So, Argus, if the IRB accepts refugee's because they don't meet the definition of a refugee and reject refugee's because they don't meet the definition of a refugee, what is one to think?   Well I think we have this obvious contradiction because you have assumed, without a shred of evidence, that those accepted by the IRB don't meet the definition of a refugee. [/quote]

Are Haitians being persecuted due to their race, religion or nationality - in Haiti? No. How could they be? Due to their political opinion? There's no evidence the UN controlled Haitian government is persecuting people. There might be the odd excuse due to unusual circumstances to grant refugee status, but widespread acceptance like this is simply based on the  mindset that says "Awwwww, poor widdle you! I feel so sorry for you living in such a bad place! Of course I'll let you stay!"

Which, come to think of it, pretty much describes the mindset of 99% of Canada's progressives and liberals.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

The government of Canada has a website which describes the conditions that people are accepted as refugees.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/menu-safethird.asp

In the case of the migrants crossing the border from the U.S. this year, I am not sure how the requirements are applied.  The news media does not report how the IRB makes it's decisions.  I doubt if the IRB releases any information to the public or media.  Does anyone know how the IRB has been operating and what basis they make their decisions this year concerning the migrants crossing from the U.S.?   It would be interesting to know how it works, but I doubt we will ever know.  I think the public has a right to know what exactly is going on so that we can make our decisions on political input to our elected MPs and the electoral process.  How Canada is governed is the business of Canadians.

I know one thing from previous stories. If you reject someone you have to fill out a long legal document to be used in presumed appeals and court cases justifying why you rejected them. If you approve them, you basically sign a form and move on to the next task.

• Thanks 1