Refugee crisis escalating

14 hours ago, betsy said:

Why do you need to educate COMMUNITY LEADERS?  :blink:  Educate them about what?    Are they the ones who's trying to cross the border?

Maybe, community leaders know more than Trudeau!  What mature, and educated leader doesn't realize the outcome of what Trudeau had issued?

Even some of us here, knew enough what to expect the moment he issued that invitation! :lol:

If I'm a whiner to you......

.........it's because there's something really serious to whine about

UNNECESSARY EXPENDITURES!

This PM has created a big boondogle when he decided to be twitter-happy with a big fat invitation for all - in his attempt to make himself look good in comparison to Trump.  And then, he opened his big mouth on Canada Day, and re-issued another open invitation!   

If it hasn't occured to you yet..... we're all paying for his VACUOUS decisions!

You don't need to caps lock and colour your fonts "danger red".

CALM DOWN with your whining!

It's true, Trudeau over did it with the image he is trying to create. He should have put an asterisk in his tweet to let potential refugees know that we actually have some of the strictest immigration rules and refugee system compared to other Western countries. 

But holy crap! This is not such a big issue. Relax. He is trying to communicate with people to let them know that we're actually not as welcoming as the image created. He's doing the right thing by going into the major communities to pass that message on. 

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, marcus said:

Don't get salty because I corrected you on immigration rules.

What I have said about immigration has very little to do about my opinion and more about facts. 

This is a racist and bigoted comment: An Arab Canadian from the Trudeau foundation says we should have more immigration. Shocker.

You are pushing to normalize racism. It's not going to happen. Just like the loud, tiny minority of racists who came out to protest against immigration and Muslims, who are massively outnumbered by the anti-racists.

Which one of these three Canadians do you relate to most here:

Could it have been staged?  

These days, I'm skeptic of anything that blatantly shows alleged "racism," or "discrimination."

The controversy over YouTube star Adam Saleh's ejection from a Delta flight, explained

https://www.vox.com/culture/2016/12/22/14041464/adam-saleh-delta-airlines-muslim-hoax

If that incident in Calgary  is indeed true,  I'd like to know what started that feud between the two.

All we have is one version of the story.  Yes, the man said, "I'm a nazi....," but this could also be a goading or sarcastic reaction from someone who was accused by the woman of being a racist. 

Look at CBC -

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/racism-against-calgary-woman-1.4259853

it's report of this incident is automatically slanted towards support for the woman, and yet they don't have the full version.  It's so easy to get labelled a "racist" these days.....especially when  biased media like the CBC are pushing a narrative.

The man could indeed be a Nazi, and he could also be  not really a Nazi.  We don't know what really happened.  All we have is part of the incident on video, starting with the woman accusing the man of "being racist."

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, marcus said:

This is a racist and bigoted comment: An Arab Canadian from the Trudeau foundation says we should have more immigration. Shocker.

You are pushing to normalize racism. It's not going to happen.

No, you are pushing for commentary to abandon logic - probably because you're simply uncomfortable with something you don't understand - but that's not just going to happen.

It's a legitimate observation that a person has a vested interest in the subject they're pontificating upon. It's neither racist ror bigoted to observe someone's ethnic and political background in discussing immigration, as I did with her, or their financial interest, as I did with you.

Edited by Argus

4 hours ago, Argus said:

No, you are pushing for commentary to abandon logic - probably because you're simply uncomfortable with something you don't understand - but that's not just going to happen.

It's a legitimate observation that a person has a vested interest in the subject they're pontificating upon. It's neither racist ror bigoted to observe someone's ethnic and political background in discussing immigration, as I did with her, or their financial interest, as I did with you.

Then its a ok to observe that you are an old-stock, White Canadian male, a cohort that has seen your social status and power eroded by progressive policies?   So when you post against immigrants and women in powerful posts, we should assume that your facts and figures aren't to be trusted because you have a vested interest in ensuring that White males remain at the top of the societal heap? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Then its a ok to observe that you are an old-stock, White Canadian male, a cohort that has seen your social status and power eroded by progressive policies?   So when you post against immigrants and women in powerful posts, we should assume that your facts and figures aren't to be trusted because you have a vested interest in ensuring that White males remain at the top of the societal heap? 

Its said all the time. You aint telling him anything he hasn't heard a thousand times, i.e., the racist assumption whites are privileged and control Canada. Its fair play. Leftists do it all the time with whites. Leftists continually assume because I am a Jew and a Zionist I hate Muslims Arabs, am a terrorist, run Hollywood, the media, banks. Every group has stereotypes against them.

If someone has a vested interest in an issue its fair play. When you assign a Somali refugee as Immigration Minister its as fair play to ask whether that impacts on his impartiality as it is assuming  if he's white and wasp or has a penis  he'd be insensitive or unqualified for positions.

Where do we run with this political correctness because I have to argue its being done by all sides and its become acceptable to stereotype against white males and I am hear to say its fair game to question anyone on whether they have vested interests that make them impartial. That said don't lump me in with Taxme. I don't see anyone as a victim for being held accountable for their biases once elected-of any skin colour.

I also want to know why there is no Jewish cabinet Minister. Am I allowed? Am I allowed to know why Trudeau chose a Palestinian Canadian with pronounced pro Hamas views as his Middle East advisor or is that racist or unfair?

Do you think choosing the Immigration Minister was not ethnic pandering just as making sure cabinet is 50-50 is gender pandering? Are people being appointed because they are gay, black, Siekh, etc.? If there is an appearance of pandering and not choosing someone because of merit you bet it should be challenged.

Trudeau is a panderer. To deny he is-is bull crap. He is crass at it. He is clumsy at  it.  I wouldn't if I was asked have anything to do with him precisely because he exploits minority status for votes. Treat me as you would anyone else or not at all.

That's my opinion.  I think its a dogs breakfast of a topic. The Justice Minister was qualified. Her being a woman and aboriginal was immaterial. That said I hate her decision to allow Trudeau to have prevented a proper legal question brought to the Supreme Court of Canada as to dirty hands with Kadr. Doesn't make me a racist for saying I consider her a sell out and allowing politics to interfere with the neutrality of her job.

In regards to the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, what the hell should one ask? Now Trudeau has picked two white women. Why didn't he pick an aboriginal? He picked a refugee as Immigration Minister. Why noy? You think it an accident-it was not. No aboriginal would dare touch the post and now he has two Ministers for one cabinet post and you see nothing pandering about that or strange who he chooses and how he's divided their work? Do you think a Somali refugee Immigration Minister will say to Somalis they can't come to Canada? Come on.

Trudeau had no problem placing  two rich privileged white women in the job who know sweet phack all about aboriginals. Can I question that or because they are women their vaginas prevent calling the white elitists? Where do we go with this?

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, marcus said:

Don't get salty because I corrected you on immigration rules.

What I have said about immigration has very little to do about my opinion and more about facts. 

You are pushing to normalize racism. It's not going to happen. Just like the loud, tiny minority of racists who came out to protest against immigration and Muslims, who are massively outnumbered by the anti-racists.

Which one of these three Canadians do you relate to most here:

LoL these hijabi girl dont know how to respond him :lol: these guys cant even speak a single word in front of me, I will beat them with my broken English. 

35 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Then its a ok to observe that you are an old-stock, White Canadian male, a cohort that has seen your social status and power eroded by progressive policies?

Absolutely.

35 minutes ago, dialamah said:

we should assume that your facts and figures aren't to be trusted because you have a vested interest in ensuring that White males remain at the top of the societal heap? 

Absolutely. 

Assuming that he "authored" the study that came up with the numbers.  If Ezra Levant quotes a study he did that shows that NDP party members are generally of below-average IQ, I think I would question it....completely.  If the Liberal Party of Canada quotes a study they did that says Canadians are in favor of illegal border crossing, I know I would call BS.  If anyone quotes a study done by a group that does not stand to gain from results either way, I think I would be inclined to put a little more weight behind their findings.

Want me to quickly throw together some numbers about illegal refugee claimants and quote myself for you?

11 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

Want me to quickly throw together some numbers about illegal refugee claimants and quote myself for you?

That would have more credibility for me than some of the "experts" that get used here for backup!  :unsure:

But good to know that @Rue and yourself think its acceptable to disregard completely what Argus posts due to his vested interest.  As far as RW posters go, you two are among my top five. :)  

@Rue. Sure, go ahead and ask those questions.  Are there Jewish MPs that you believe were overlooked in JT's rush to appoint women and minorities.

Also an interesting point - why did JT post White people to Ministries dealing with First Nations.  Surely he could have chosen someone from a First Nation?  Although I really do not recall how mant First Nations people were elected.  I shall have to turn to trusty google I guess, or wait for enlightenment here.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

and yourself think its acceptable to disregard completely what Argus posts due to his vested interest.

I think it's acceptable to disregard what anyone posts if their quoted "studies" are garbage.  I happen to think that Argus tends to link to rather credible sources.  If he didn't, I'd call bullshit the same as I do about anyone quoting 911truth dot org (or whatever the hell that site is).

Just now, Hydraboss said:

I think it's acceptable to disregard what anyone posts if their quoted "studies" are garbage.  I happen to think that Argus tends to link to rather credible sources.  If he didn't, I'd call bullshit the same as I do about anyone quoting 911truth dot org (or whatever the hell that site is).

I agree, his links are generally good.  Its the one-sidedness of his interpretations that I take issue with.  But c'est la vie, and no doubt fingers will get slapped at this excursion so no more from me about this.

2 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

And you're my second favorite poster that has Lucille Ball as an avatar

Awesome.  No doubt you know dozens of posters with LB avatars.  B)

• Like 1

Dialamah  as usual I was just  being rhetorical of course for the sake of simply arguing all this ethnic crap can be argued either way.

I think you are far more trusting and tolerant of peoples' motives than I am and I respect you for that. I just see everyone as equally bigoted in their own way and obviously you know I do not think highly of Trudeau so its certainly a bias that may flavour my take on issues you may be more impartial about. I concede that.

3 minutes ago, Rue said:

Dialamah  as usual I was just  being rhetorical of course for the sake of simply arguing all this ethnic crap can be argued either way.

I think you are far more trusting and tolerant of peoples' motives than I am and I respect you for that. I just see everyone as equally bigoted in their own way and obviously you know I do not think highly of Trudeau so its certainly a bias that may flavour my take on issues you may be more impartial about. I concede that.

You could be right,  everyone is equally bigoted,   would you include yourself on that?

20 hours ago, dialamah said:

Except I don't. It doesn't matter to me who is in charge as long as they're doing a good job. Merit is the only criteria I use to support or oppose anyone getting a job or a promotion - or entry into Canada. Further, since my income does not depend on the financial well-being of Canada (other than how much it taxes me) I actually can be more distant in my observation of what is and is not working.

Still, everyone has prejudices and biases and is influenced by what they perceive to be their own interests. Mine are not affected by immigration, however, except in the broader sense of my interest in an economically healthy and peaceful society, which I would suppose everyone else is also interested in.

And I don't, for example, have family in Egypt and Muslim relatives, like some people, so wouldn't find any particular reason to desperately come up with excuses and absurd lines of reasoning as to how Egypt is a wonderful place for women to live and how Muslims are so progressive and tolerant.

25 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

You could be right,  everyone is equally bigoted,   would you include yourself on that?

I already did repeatedly in many posts.  Everyone of us is. Again you try engage me in a passive aggressive comment because you don't think you are an anti-semite  You want to tell me to go back to Israel again? Go on. Say it. Or do yourself a favour, stop circling back to me trying to catch me on things you are too slow to comprehend let alone develop insight on.

Instead of asking me if I am a bigot look at yourself in the mirror. Start there. This is precisely your problem. You think your shit does not stink and you can constantly point at others and not yourself.

I have never denied I have biases like you. I don't hide my ethnicity. I don't hide my biases. I don't tell Muslims to go back to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

I don't smeer all Muslims because some are terrorists as you do all Zionists and as you do all Israeli citizens.

Run along and bait someone else. My role with you is simply to tell you do do your fly up and stop pointing. The short-comings you show everytime you point was not caused by you being circumcissed that we know..

20 hours ago, Rue said:

I already did repeatedly in many posts.  Everyone of us is. Again you try engage me in a passive aggressive comment because you don't think you are an anti-semite  You want to tell me to go back to Israel again? Go on. Say it. Or do yourself a favour, stop circling back to me trying to catch me on things you are too slow to comprehend let alone develop insight on.

Instead of asking me if I am a bigot look at yourself in the mirror. Start there. This is precisely your problem. You think your shit does not stink and you can constantly point at others and not yourself.

I have never denied I have biases like you. I don't hide my ethnicity. I don't hide my biases. I don't tell Muslims to go back to Saudi Arabia or Iran.

I don't smeer all Muslims because some are terrorists as you do all Zionists and as you do all Israeli citizens.

Run along and bait someone else. My role with you is simply to tell you do do your fly up and stop pointing. The short-comings you show everytime you point was not caused by you being circumcissed that we know..

What the hell is your fantasy with Iran? Can you have any civilised conversation without dissing those nations and spedwing hatred? I don't think so....

Edited by kactus

20 hours ago, Rue said:

It's because I am not a Jew hater.  I know you have a hard time accepting that, but that is the reality.  And I don't smear Jews at all.  I do have a problem with things Israel does, but I shall leave that for other threads.

And you are right, you don't slander all Muslims, I can at least recognize that, I am sure you have the capacity to grant me the same.

I did get the bris, and my bar mitzvah was a damn good time.  Interesting to note you've been bashing another Jew all along.  SURPRISE !!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kactus said:

What the hell is your fantasy with Iran? Can you have any civilised conversation without dissing those nations and spedwing hatred? I don't think so....

How you get an 'obsession with iran' from what you quoted is beyond me.

The Liberal government has put out tenders for winterized trailers to house illegal asylum seekers.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-considering-heated-trailers-for-asylum-seekers-in-winter/article36146101/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Looks like Trudeau is expecting more guests over the coming months.

2 hours ago, capricorn said:

The Liberal government has put out tenders for winterized trailers to house illegal asylum seekers.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-considering-heated-trailers-for-asylum-seekers-in-winter/article36146101/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

Looks like Trudeau is expecting more guests over the coming months.

They're in tents.

It was 4c there last night.

The processing takes months.

Have you got a better idea?

Edited by jacee

59 minutes ago, jacee said:

They're in tents.

Knowing that processing the large number of border jumpers would take months, whose bright idea was it to house them in tents in the first place? The Liberals should have known that tents would not cut it in our climate.

Yes, declare Lacolle an official border crossing complete with CBSA agents and turn asylum seekers back into the US or where they came from.

With the news that a trailer park is under construction to welcome them, asylum seekers will continue to arrive illegally whatever the weather. On top of that, they know they will qualify for monthly cheques along with all kinds of freebies.

Obviously, the Liberals are planning for the arrival of Mexicans, Hondurans and El Salvadoreans. They just don't want to admit it to Canadians.

5 minutes ago, capricorn said:

Knowing that processing the large number of border jumpers would take months, whose bright idea was it to house them in tents in the first place? The Liberals should have known that tents would not cut it in our climate.

Yes, declare Lacolle an official border crossing complete with CBSA agents and turn asylum seekers back into the US or where they came from.

With the news that a trailer park is under construction to welcome them, asylum seekers will continue to arrive illegally whatever the weather. On top of that, they know they will qualify for monthly cheques along with all kinds of freebies.

Obviously, the Liberals are planning for the arrival of Mexicans, Hondurans and El Salvadoreans. They just don't want to admit it to Canadians.

I hear the numbers have trailed off quite a bit.

Probably not much for you to get too anxious about.

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

I hear the numbers have trailed off quite a bit.

If the number of border jumpers is dwindling, why the hell can't the Liberal government find temporary shelters for them instead of purchasing winterized trailers to house them at Lacolle? The reason stares us in the face. It's because they are preparing for another influx of border jumpers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jacee said:

They're in tents.

Change the law on refugees and illegal migrants so you can lock them up until they get a hearing. Then give them a hearing within a week, no lawyer, no appeals. Then deport them. Use the notwithstanding clause so the judiciary can't interfere.

Edited by Argus

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Change the law on refugees and illegal migrants so you can lock them up until they get a hearing. Then give them a hearing within a week, no lawyer, no appeals. Then deport them. Use the notwithstanding clause so the judiciary can't interfere.

Why bother with a hearing at all, if the outcome is just going to be deportation?

Anyway I agree that the people who walk across the border should not be allowed.  They can return to wherever and make proper application.