Refugee crisis escalating

4 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

It has been all over the news since yesterday here in Finland how a rejected asylum-seeker stabbed 10 people, two of them fatally, in the city of Turku in SW Finland.

IMO the news-coverage has been a bit OTT as it almost gives the impression that this was the first time anyone was murdered here in Finland and many people on the left have expressed same views especially as we remember the school-shootings less than 10 years ago.

However, something tells me that the same people on the left who say that the news-coverage of this stabbing-incident is out of all proportion would have a different tone in their voice had it been a case of a Finn stabbing two veiled muslim-women to death. In that case there would be no end to the outcry of racism.

The perpetrator of the attack is a Moroccan asylum-seeker whose application has been rejected. Yes, a person from Morocco. If anyone knows of an ongoing war and persecution in Morocco, please educate me as I'm all in favour of learning new things.

Are the authorities in Finland calling this an act of terror?

22 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

The perpetrator of the attack is a Moroccan asylum-seeker whose application has been rejected. Yes, a person from Morocco. If anyone knows of an ongoing war and persecution in Morocco, please educate me as I'm all in favour of learning new things.

The Germans and Swedes made it quite clear their doors were wide open to anyone and everyone. The Finnish government wasn't as open about it, but still enthusiastically embraced the idea. The people don't like it, but they're willing to go along with what their governments do. Until they decide this is important enough to vote out these pro-immigration left wing parties nothing is going to change.

In the latest opinion-polls here in Finland the Greens have risen to the second place with 18% support and in real elections earlier this year in the municipal-elections they got 12% of the votes.

Given that our political spectrum is very fragmented with multiple parties and the party which topped the opinion-poll was at 21%, it is not impossible that the Greens may become the largest party in Finland. 

That would be the doom as they are all for erasing all borders. Of course, all governments are coalition-governments and compromises but nevertheless.

Edited by -TSS-

12 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

In the latest opinion-polls here in Finland the Greens have risen to the second place with 18% support and in real elections earlier this year in the municipal-elections they got 12% of the votes.

Given that our political spectrum is very fragmented with multiple parties and the party which topped the opinion-poll was at 21%, it is not impossible that the Greens may become the largest party in Finland. 

That would be the doom as they are all for erasing all borders. Of course, all governments are coalition-governments and compromises but nevertheless.

Then I guess the majority of Finns have no issue with becoming a Muslim state one day.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Then I guess the majority of Finns have no issue with becoming a Muslim state one day.

I'm afraid you're right. Unlike 70 years ago, today we are led by cucks and the sheeple keep on re-electing them.

15 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I'm afraid you're right. Unlike 70 years ago, today we are led by cucks and the sheeple keep on re-electing them.

I used to find that term offensive and stupid until I got a closer acquaintance with Scottish leaders. Now I understand it better.

Unfortunately, the situation is no better in Canada, if not so bad as in Sweden and Germany.

20 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Interesting and like you said with coalition governments one never knows. Can you believe Justin Trudeau ran claiming he would switch our system to yours? Then again without a coalition he's opened our borders to chaos. our entire immigration system has collapsed as predicted. The backlog of refugee cases caused by non refugees applying as refugees means the entire system has now collapsed and no one can get a hearing within a reasonable time meaning our charter of rights will guarantee all of them a right to stay in Canada.

As well the very refugee law will require he deport over 56,000 Haitiens which he has no political desire to do so I expect this monumental amnesty further rendering our immigration system a joke.

Believe me we have our own serious problems just beginning with a Prime Minister who abrogated his responsibility to uphold immigration laws for fear he will alienate ethnic votes.

All that said its tragic anyone does this anywhere in the world. I am sorry it happened to the innocent in your country. Sounds though like this guy was mentally ill. Whether he did  it for political reasons or mental illness reasons or a mix of the two I guess will  come out.

Our country hasn't invaded Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere else so the terrorist-attack was unfair also but that "you invaded our country, so I'm entitled to kill your people in your country"-defence is an excuse to start with.

Now it has emerged that the guy had come to Germany first and proceeded from there to Sweden and Finland. Our security services had received a tip from the German authorities that this guy may be dangerous but that tip was largely ignored because of prioritisation; there are propbably so many tips that it is difficult to consider which ones should be taken more seriously than others.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rue said:

As well the very refugee law will require he deport over 56,000 Haitiens which he has no political desire to do so I expect this monumental amnesty further rendering our immigration system a joke

Can someone tell me what war is going on in Haiti that I haven't heard of? Is there a great civil war under way? Massive human rights abuses? They're dirt poor. Okay, but that doesn't qualify you as a refugee. Yet our liberal appointees are so generous they accept half of claimants from Haiti. And given Haiti has a 50% illiteracy rate we can't expect many of these "new Canadians" to be able to support themselves with jobs, let alone be paying taxes.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Can someone tell me what war is going on in Haiti that I haven't heard of? Is there a great civil war under way? Massive human rights abuses? They're dirt poor. Okay, but that doesn't qualify you as a refugee. Yet our liberal appointees are so generous they accept half of claimants from Haiti. And given Haiti has a 50% illiteracy rate we can't expect many of these "new Canadians" to be able to support themselves with jobs, let alone be paying taxes.

I am with you. Something does not seem right with all this.  How are they getting to the USA/CAN border? How did they get into the USA? Who is helping them come here? There are many questions.

54 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

Our country hasn't invaded Iraq or Afghanistan or anywhere else so the terrorist-attack was unfair

Are you a bunch of infidels? Then it's certainly fair and righteous! If you don't convert to Islam you must die!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rue said:

Interesting and like you said with coalition governments one never knows. Can you believe Justin Trudeau ran claiming he would switch our system to yours? Then again without a coalition he's opened our borders to chaos. our entire immigration system has collapsed as predicted. The backlog of refugee cases caused by non refugees applying as refugees means the entire system has now collapsed and no one can get a hearing within a reasonable time meaning our charter of rights will guarantee all of them a right to stay in Canada.

As well the very refugee law will require he deport over 56,000 Haitiens which he has no political desire to do so I expect this monumental amnesty further rendering our immigration system a joke.

Believe me we have our own serious problems just beginning with a Prime Minister who abrogated his responsibility to uphold immigration laws for fear he will alienate ethnic votes.

All that said its tragic anyone does this anywhere in the world. I am sorry it happened to the innocent in your country. Sounds though like this guy was mentally ill. Whether he did  it for political reasons or mental illness reasons or a mix of the two I guess will  come out.

2/3 of the Green-party voters are women and especially women under the age of 30. Therefore it is more puzzling that they are voting for a party which is in 100% favour of importing immigrants from countries where women must be dressed in veils.

Moreover, while I somewhat understand why the Greens are popular now because they are in the opposition and the government is really unpopular and the main opposition-party the Social Democrats are really a jaded bunch of old people whose time has gone by but still to support a party like the Greens is confusing.

The Greens are popular among university-students and have got a reputation of being a youthful cool party but they are really water-melons; green on the surface but red on the inside.

Edited by -TSS-

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Question asked and answered by your very self: They're dirt poor.    Liberal appointees may be granting refugee status to some of the claimants (and acts of parliament lay out the conditions which refugee claimants can be accepted) but Liberal appointees are not demanding that X amount of Haitians must illegally enter Canada and make refugee claims.  

1 hour ago, Peter F said:

Question asked and answered by your very self: They're dirt poor.

So Canada's refugee "program" now defines being "dirt poor" as acceptable grounds to call someone a refugee and give them Canadian status?  Great.  Just flipping great.

I drive a truck.  Can I please be called a refugee because I drive a truck?  Then I can get all my health care for free, etc.  This program is fantastic!

3 minutes ago, Hydraboss said:

So Canada's refugee "program" now defines being "dirt poor" as acceptable grounds to call someone a refugee and give them Canadian status?  Great.  Just flipping great.

I drive a truck.  Can I please be called a refugee because I drive a truck?  Then I can get all my health care for free, etc.  This program is fantastic!

ah, no. Being dirt poor is why people enter this country illegally. They enter illegally because they cannot enter legally.  ... and by the way I get all my healthcare - or most of it - Free! and that i fantastic!   Are you actually surprised that folks from dirt-poor places seek to enter rich places? 

1 minute ago, Peter F said:

ah, no. Being dirt poor is why people enter this country illegally. They enter illegally because they cannot enter legally.  ... and by the way I get all my healthcare - or most of it - Free! and that i fantastic!   Are you actually surprised that folks from dirt-poor places seek to enter rich places? 

If you house them and sponsor everything regarding their upkeep...no problem. So how many can I put you down for?

1 minute ago, Peter F said:

They enter illegally because they cannot enter legally

BS.  They enter illegally because they don't qualify as a refugee and will get bounced if they try to apply as per process.  They are cheating and need to be kicked back to wherever they came from immediately before entering Canada.

2 minutes ago, Peter F said:

I get all my healthcare - or most of it - Free

Ya.  Great for you.  I'm one of those people that has to pay for my share AND yours.  Glad you're happy being nothing but a net receiver of other people's hard work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hydraboss said:

BS.  They enter illegally because they don't qualify as a refugee and will get bounced if they try to apply as per process.  They are cheating and need to be kicked back to wherever they came from immediately before entering Canada.

Ya.  Great for you.  I'm one of those people that has to pay for my share AND yours.  Glad you're happy being nothing but a net receiver of other people's hard work.

I don't think you understand how the refugee process works. They make a claim. The refugee board hears the claim. THEN they kick them out - maybe. 

and Ya it is great for me to have free healthcare and you are very pleased to provide it! See, Everybody is happy!