Christian fined $12,000 for not removing his shoes.

25 minutes ago, Omni said:

Nope, not even close pal. Because, under HRC laws still apply. Under the US military "court" that convicted this guy, they do not. Ever heard of habeas corpus?

I meant in terms of ridiculous stupidity.

Edited by bcsapper

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Rudeness, boorishness, and just being an all round tosser, is not a HRC issue.  At least, it shouldn't be.

You do seem to consistently miss the point that the reason for his rudeness was directly related to their religion.  And perhaps between neighbors of equal footing, there would be no human rights case. A rude, boorish neighbor doesn't get invited back and one can avoid most interactions with them - so no issue.    But he was their landlord, they had no choice but to let him show the suite.  When showing the suite, he refused to show them consideration or respect because they are Muslim and he has it in his head that Muslims are out to 'impose' their rules on the rest of us and so even a request for a 5-minute-warning before knocking on the door or to remove shoes was unacceptable to him.   

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You do seem to consistently miss the point that the reason for his rudeness was directly related to their religion.  And perhaps between neighbors of equal footing, there would be no human rights case. A rude, boorish neighbor doesn't get invited back and one can avoid most interactions with them - so no issue.    But he was their landlord, they had no choice but to let him show the suite.  When showing the suite, he refused to show them consideration or respect because they are Muslim and he has it in his head that Muslims are out to 'impose' their rules on the rest of us and so even a request for a 5-minute-warning before knocking on the door or to remove shoes was unacceptable to him.   

I'm not missing the point. In fact, I think I already said "so what" somewhere.  I'll say it again.  So what?  Is it your contention that it's okay to be a jerk unless religion is involved?

There is no legal requirement for respect.  Or at least, I hope there isn't.  That would be ridiculous.

22 hours ago, taxme said:

John Alabi, is a Christian man who immigrated to Canada 22 years ago from Nigeria. John followed Canadian law and worked hard. He worked two jobs to try to feed his family. But John got himself into a bit of a pickle with the Ontario kangaroo court otherwise known as the Ontario Human Rights Commission over an incident where John was accused of not taking his shoes off when he was showing the bedroom off of an Arab muslim couple too potential new occupants. The muslim found this out and ran to the HRC and complained about the shoe incident and after a kangaroo court trial, John was fined and given a sharia ticket for $12,000 which he now has to pay to this muslim fool for his religion being offended. 

Is this still Canada? A man gets fined for $12,000 for not taking his shoes off in a muslims bedroom? What the hell is going on here in Canada where this kind of bs can exist? And who are these idiots in the HRC that would dare to do such a ridiculous thing to a man who now has too fork out all this money and try to keep his family housed and fed. I am outraged over this.

Is it time to abolish this draconian outfit called the HRC for good? How dare these morons on the HRC be allowed to get away with this injustice. This HRC is an un-elected appointed outfit full of buffoons that are allowed to bypass the criminal code of Canada, and make up it's own rules and laws. Anyone outraged as I am over this? Any comments? 

Source: The Rebel

This is appalling.  I would suggest anyone who is concerned about what the HRCs are doing consider joining the Conservative Party and lobbying to them to get rid of the HRCs. starting with the Federal one.  If people have something they can lay a charge and follow the normal justice system.  The HRCs don't follow the normal justice system.  Go to conservative.ca and sign up and write to some MPs and Andrew Scheer about this.  If we don't fight this, things are just going to get worse.

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I'm not missing the point. In fact, I think I already said "so what" somewhere.  I'll say it again.  So what?  Is it your contention that it's okay to be a jerk unless religion is involved?

There is no legal requirement for respect.  Or at least, I hope there isn't.  That would be ridiculous.

Its my contention that when someone is in an unavoidable relationahip with a jerk, then it is ok if the wronged party seeks legal redress, especially when that relationship also includes a power imbalance.  Employer-employee, teacher-student, medical caretaker-patient, landlord-tenant would all fall into that category.

Also, generally speaking I don't think jerks should just be able to get away with it, although not sure it should always involve the legal system.

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Its my contention that when someone is in an unavoidable relationahip with a jerk, then it is ok if the wronged party seeks legal redress, especially when that relationship also includes a power imbalance.  Employer-employee, teacher-student, medical caretaker-patient, landlord-tenant would all fall into that category.

Also, generally speaking I don't think jerks should just be able to get away with it, although not sure it should always involve the legal system.

Basic disagreement then.  Eventually we have to realize we aren't changing each other's minds. 

Edited by bcsapper

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Basic disagreement then.  Eventually we have to realize we aren't changing each other's minds. 

Again....that's fine for equal footing relationships....like here but what is the redress then when you are subject to the offending party?  I dislike HRC's.....greatly......but there needs to be a vehicle.  Perhaps a formal complaint to the rental board......municipal fine......etc.  

21 hours ago, dialamah said:

The couple asked for an extra hours notice so they wouldn't have their prayer time interrupted, and they asked the landlord and prospective tenants to remove their shoes when viewing the unit.   

Who doesn't remove their shoes when entering someone's home, unless specifically invited not to?  And if someone would prefer not to be interrupted during a private time, whether it's prayer time, bath time or something more intimate, why should that be a problem?  If this landlord really was a Christian, why wouldn't he treat the couple and their home with respect?   Claiming that this couple was trying to impose their way of life on him, in the privacy of their own home in which he is a visitor is ludicrous, even if he was an invited visitor.

I would say the HR was absolutely correct in their assessment, though $12,000 does seem like a lot and I doubt it will dent this guy's stupidity.

Dialamah is rather ironic a poster who has made it clear on this board he hates blacks, Jews, Muslims, gays, etc., now tries to use this story about a black landlord to try stir the pot. Its to be expected. He lived to try inflame hatred. That said, and with due respect there is more to the story than you said. The family involved pulled a fast one using their religion to avoid evicton. Its a very bad decision and it actually is something I doubt any Mullah would defend this Muslim family from doing. Its not a reflection on the religion. This family used religion as an evasion tactic. There is much more to the story, That said we both know he;s using it to fan hatred against all Muslims and ironically usinga  black person who he detests just as much to try do it. Let's leave it at that. You can find out the full details. You would not have agreed with what this family did. Believe me it had nothing to do with shoes not being taken off. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rue said:

Dialamah is rather ironic a poster who has made it clear on this board he hates blacks, Jews, Muslims, gays, etc., now tries to use this story about a black landlord to try stir the pot. Its to be expected. He lived to try inflame hatred. That said, and with due respect there is more to the story than you said. The family involved pulled a fast one using their religion to avoid evicton. Its a very bad decision and it actually is something I doubt any Mullah would defend this Muslim family from doing. Its not a reflection on the religion. This family used religion as an evasion tactic. There is much more to the story, That said we both know he;s using it to fan hatred against all Muslims and ironically usinga  black person who he detests just as much to try do it. Let's leave it at that. You can find out the full details. You would not have agreed with what this family did. Believe me it had nothing to do with shoes not being taken off. 

Not according to the judgment against the landlord, to which peter f posted a link.   They were there 3 months, and in the judgment, it was stated that it was a 'mutual' decision that they leave.  The couple initially asked for an hour's notice of viewings, so they could schedule prayers around that, and then dropped it down to five minutes to give the wife time to put on modest attire.  The landlord claimed they were trying to prevent him from showing and re-renting the suite by asking for that 5-minute notice, which seems ridiculous to me.  There were emails and text messages supporting the tenant's side of the story, while the landlord kept adjusting his story to explain away his contradictions and his behavior.

Perhaps there is more to the story but vague references to what this family did are not very persuasive, especially when the 'more to the story' seems based on the landlord's claims which were rejected by the adjudicator.   

6 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Again....that's fine for equal footing relationships....like here but what is the redress then when you are subject to the offending party?  I dislike HRC's.....greatly......but there needs to be a vehicle.  Perhaps a formal complaint to the rental board......municipal fine......etc.  

The disagreement I had was with the notion that anything needs to be done with regards to offending someone.  If there had been irregularities with the landlord/tenant relationship, something that broke laws or regulations I can see, as you say, a complaint to an organisation like a rental board. 

20 hours ago, Peter F said:

Also, should I ever behave as the asshole in this case, then the victims of my oppression have every damn right to haul me up before the tribunal. 

I would love to see the day when you were hauled up in front of an unelected HRC tribunal of misfits and commies. And hopefully they would give your victim a nice big juicy fat monetary reward from your oppression. Let me know if that ever happens because I will show up with a box of hankies just for you. Lol. 

15 hours ago, blackbird said:

This is appalling.  I would suggest anyone who is concerned about what the HRCs are doing consider joining the Conservative Party and lobbying to them to get rid of the HRCs. starting with the Federal one.  If people have something they can lay a charge and follow the normal justice system.  The HRCs don't follow the normal justice system.  Go to conservative.ca and sign up and write to some MPs and Andrew Scheer about this.  If we don't fight this, things are just going to get worse.

Indeed it is appalling. I am not sure as to whether the Conservative Party would do anything about the federal HRC tyrannical communist outfit. The HRC is allowed to make up there own rules and laws and not one MP of any party will challenge them at all. I think that it has to do with not trying to appear to look politically incorrect. I would like to believe that Scheer would do or say something about the HRC but I cannot see this ever happening.

But if you are a member of the Conservative Party maybe as a member you have a better chance to get heard because you are a member of the PC Party. I know that I won't because I am not a member. To be honest, I have no faith in any political party in Canada. They all have become too politically correct and multicultural for me. I can only hope that Scheer could become another Trump like leader but at this time this remains to be seen. Maybe as the PM one day, he may just be another Trump. I await and see. :)

On 2017-07-07 at 2:12 PM, taxme said:

Indeed it is appalling. I am not sure as to whether the Conservative Party would do anything about the federal HRC tyrannical communist outfit. The HRC is allowed to make up there own rules and laws and not one MP of any party will challenge them at all. I think that it has to do with not trying to appear to look politically incorrect. I would like to believe that Scheer would do or say something about the HRC but I cannot see this ever happening.

But if you are a member of the Conservative Party maybe as a member you have a better chance to get heard because you are a member of the PC Party. I know that I won't because I am not a member. To be honest, I have no faith in any political party in Canada. They all have become too politically correct and multicultural for me. I can only hope that Scheer could become another Trump like leader but at this time this remains to be seen. Maybe as the PM one day, he may just be another Trump. I await and see. :)

You are correct.  It is a very difficult problem to deal with.   I don't think Scheer will be anything like a Trump.  I don't hold out any hope he will do anything about the HRCs.  Ezra Levant on The Rebel Media is probably the best hope to do anything.  He was recently fined $80,000 by an HRC and has had a lot of dealings with them.  That is an incredible fine. 

Other than that, I am not sure what can be done.

Edited by blackbird

14 hours ago, blackbird said:

You are correct.  It is a very difficult problem to deal with.   I don't think Scheer will be anything like a Trump.  I don't hold out any hope he will do anything about the HRCs.  Ezra Levant on The Rebel Media is probably the best hope to do anything.  He was recently fined $80,000 by an HRC and has had a lot of dealings with them.  That is an incredible fine. 

Other than that, I am not sure what can be done.

The Canada we once new is just about all gone. We have politically correct politicians and a politically correct media all being pulled by their Zionist masters puppet strings that appear to be accomplices in this destroying of what was once a great British/European country, and allowing it to slowly replace our British/European cultures and traditions with foreign ones that are culturally incompatible with ours. A Caucasian country does not bring in most of it's new immigrants(80%)from non-white countries. That is racial suicide plain and simple. We are constantly being told that we need all of those new immigrants because we are not producing enough Caucasian babies to replace our population but this is a lie. I see in many of my travels plenty of white couples with 3 - 4 children tagging along with them which to me is a good sign, and gives me hope for our race. 

Ezra Levant of The Rebel is one of a few of the Canadian conservative websites out there that is trying to get the other side of the news story out to we the people as to what is really going on here in Canada. Fines in the range from $12,000 -$80,000 being slapped on people who did not deserve such a hefty penalty is a crime as far as I am concerned for what they did. The HRC's are a real great threat to freedom of speech if there ever was one to Canadians. The problem is that the HRC gives out these fines to make themselves appear as though they are really needed and to justify their right to exist, and screw ordinary people to silence them, and to make sure that the rest of we the people stay in that politically correct bubble or else. The people think that they are free to speak freely but in reality Canadians do not have a 1st Amendment to protect that freedom of speech at all.  

What can be done? Here is what can be done. Rip up everything that his papa and the liberal party signed and made into law. All his programs and agendas need to be put through the shredder. That would be a great start in getting rid of all that liberal bull chit that has been forced on we the people for decades now. It is our only hope.

This is just another example of HRC stupidity/political correctness.The judgements seem to have little do with fairness or common sense.So someone get's offended and they can pull in tens of thousands of dollars?They should be scrapped altogether .

A good read on this topic is a book by Ezra Levant called Shakedown.It's from 2009 but still gives the reader a pretty good idea of how slanted the HRC's are.Levant himself was a victim.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, taxme said:

...media all being pulled by their Zionist masters puppet strings...

Ezra Levant of The Rebel is one of a few of the Canadian conservative websites out there that is trying to get the other side of the news story out to we the people ...

LOL.  You really are a confused 'lil elf...

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/americas/1.778988

"Meet Ezra Levant....  He identifies as a Zionist and supporter of Israel"

So very confused... 

I am not a supporter of reactionary lying rags such as The Rebel (although it fits your double-standard of communication) however I do think Israel is an ally of ours and a friend to Canada.  I think if 1/2 of the lads who read The Rebel knew about Ezra they could have a problem with his religion, somehow...

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

LOL.  You really are a confused 'lil elf...

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/americas/1.778988

"Meet Ezra Levant....  He identifies as a Zionist and supporter of Israel"

So very confused... 

I am not a supporter of reactionary lying rags such as The Rebel (although it fits your double-standard of communication) however I do think Israel is an ally of ours and a friend to Canada.  I think if 1/2 of the lads who read The Rebel knew about Ezra they could have a problem with his religion, somehow...

Actually I understand a Zionist is just a person who believes in the return of the Jews to the land of Israel and the re-establishment of the State of Israel, which happened in 1948.

The claim that they have plans to take over the world was a phony story propagated by a writing in the 1800s called the Protocols of the Elders of Zion I think.  That story has been debunked as anti-Semitism and is false.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That story has been debunked as anti-Semitism and is false.

Not much of a news flash except possibly to taxme.  Let's see if he agrees that the Protocols are false, or whether it's an exposure of the plot against Christians as posted in the OP, plotted by the Zionist Media, except Ezra Levant.

6 hours ago, taxme said:

The Canada we once new is just about all gone. We have politically correct politicians and a politically correct media all being pulled by their Zionist masters puppet strings that appear to be accomplices in this destroying of what was once a great British/European country, and allowing it to slowly replace our British/European cultures and traditions with foreign ones that are culturally incompatible with ours. A Caucasian country does not bring in most of it's new immigrants(80%)from non-white countries. That is racial suicide plain and simple. We are constantly being told that we need all of those new immigrants because we are not producing enough Caucasian babies to replace our population but this is a lie. I see in many of my travels plenty of white couples with 3 - 4 children tagging along with them which to me is a good sign, and gives me hope for our race. 

Ezra Levant of The Rebel is one of a few of the Canadian conservative websites out there that is trying to get the other side of the news story out to we the people as to what is really going on here in Canada. Fines in the range from $12,000 -$80,000 being slapped on people who did not deserve such a hefty penalty is a crime as far as I am concerned for what they did. The HRC's are a real great threat to freedom of speech if there ever was one to Canadians. The problem is that the HRC gives out these fines to make themselves appear as though they are really needed and to justify their right to exist, and screw ordinary people to silence them, and to make sure that the rest of we the people stay in that politically correct bubble or else. The people think that they are free to speak freely but in reality Canadians do not have a 1st Amendment to protect that freedom of speech at all.  

What can be done? Here is what can be done. Rip up everything that his papa and the liberal party signed and made into law. All his programs and agendas need to be put through the shredder. That would be a great start in getting rid of all that liberal bull chit that has been forced on we the people for decades now. It is our only hope.

I would agree Canada is in serious trouble as a result of liberalism, multi-culturalism gone wonky, and generally the left wing which wants to destroy our Judeo-christian heritage.  Just saw the other day that a couple didn't have their baby's gender put on the birth certificate.  Some people apparently want children to decide themselves what gender they wish to be.  Bizarre.

Edited by blackbird