Compensating Khadr

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Yes. Because there was no proof.

No not really. And certainly the kangaroo court at Gitmo had no proper qualification, at least according to an actual proper court known as the SCOTUS.

No proof.....Are we now claiming he did not work for a terrorist organization, Al-Qaida....Or did they change that law that forbids a Canadian citizen to partake in terrorist activities.

Are you saying that he does not meet any of criteria for treason.  How about any of the laws in Afghanistan.....

Yes all US military JAGS have law degrees equivalent to civilian law degrees, i could pull that up in google if you want.....You can call it what ever you want, however the military tribunal has tried military convicts, and military prisoners of war for decades, and none of those convictions have been over turned because someone in the Supreme court did not like it...or agree with it.....Now this brings up another question, why has Our justice system agreed with the conviction, the fact that he served out the rest of his sentence in a Canadian prison.....This has got to say something.....if the sentence was bogus why was he not pull out of prison, or his conviction over turned....by our justice system....

it leaves us with More questions..... 

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Now this brings up another question, why has Our justice system agreed with the conviction, the fact that he served out the rest of his sentence in a Canadian prison.....This has got to say something.....if the sentence was bogus why was he not pull out of prison, or his conviction over turned....by our justice system....

Because the war criminal USians have to be placated or they would hold on to others in the future. It's hard to deal with such evil.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

None of that makes any sense. Maybe re-phrase it so I could get your point.

SCOTUS did not hand out the sentence, in fact the tribunal handed out the sentence....And yet the Supreme court did nothing to over turn the sentences, just made some comments....Another question if the US supreme court thought it was wrong, why did the Canadian Justice system not question it......instead of agreeing to have omar finish his sentence here in Canada.

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Yes because, any violation of human rights, regardless of what they are.... takes precedence over any other laws on our books...That is the message of all of this....a message received load and clear across the country.......Not to mention the failure of our entire system, be it our justice system, that should have charge Omar with all the rest of laws he broke....They instead concentrated on his Human rights, and the fact he was a Child soldier, totally forgetting or forgiving his other possible criminal charges he committed.....Not to mention the same charges his other family members committed....

You seem to be forgetting that his 'crimes' were already dealt with and he already did his time: 10 years in Gitmo without trial would count for 15-20 in our system, plus an 8 year sentence, he served 4 and is now released with supervision.

Pretty much the equivalent of our 'life sentence' (25 years) in Canada.

WTF MORE DO YOU WANT!!!

Yes, let's not mention his family's other crimes because WHY THE FK WOULD YOU???!!! Are we now convicting people for other people's crimes too??!!!

Welcome to Canadastan. ^_^

Yes, human rights always come first no matter what the crime. Due process of law and a fair trial apply to everyone.

And if you don't understand that, then you don't understand your service to the country, Army Guy. That's one of the freedoms you serve to protect!!!

Edited by jacee

42 minutes ago, jacee said:

Not legally in Canada they don't.

He chose to take a plea to get the hell out of Gitmo.

That is legal fiction his lawyer created.  Its also a ridiculous argument. In essence he says he lied. So if he lied to get the hell out as you say, it means he will lie if he thinks its to his advantage.  It was actually a stupid legal fiction his lawyer used and changed when he realized the idiotic implications of saying he lies to manipulate. His lawyer then switched to an argument he was coerced. The coercion was based on alleged sleep deprivation. 

Jacee ithink about it. If someone admits they lie to their advantage, think about what that means. The law unlike you does not guess when someone lies and when they don't.

Once you admit to lying for any reason, your credibility is brought into question. That's how the law works.

However some of us already knew Kadr was manipulative. He immediately hid behind his Canadian citizenship when he was apprehended by the Americans, he went to Afghanistan as a Muslim jihadi but the moment he couldn't terrorize and he's caught, suddenly he's a Canadian again.

In your world using Canadian citizenship as a shield when one is caught terrorizing is acceptable. In my world its manipulative.

What I know as well is a person who manipulates must be able to know right from wrong to then try blur the two for self interest. If someone knows right from wrong, they are not considered incapacitated from being held responsible for their behaviour at 15.

Those are legal issues I discuss and understand but Omni won't. Those are also basic  psychology concepts.

A manipulative personality in most instances is a gateway to other serious  personality issues. No this is not the profile or behaviour of a child.

When a child tries to play one parent against the other or lie, their techniques are clumsy and transparent. The more sophisticated they are the more likely there is a serious underlying disorder.

3 minutes ago, jacee said:

You seem to be forgetting that his 'crimes' were already dealt with and he already did his time: 10 years in Gitmo without trial would count for 15-20 in our system, plus an 8 year sentence, he served 4 and is now released with supervision.

WTF MORE DO YOU WANT!!!

Yes, let's not mention his family's other crimes because WHY THE FK WOULD YOU???!!! Are we now convicting people for other people's crimes too??!!!

You are not addressing the issue of why the amount had to be 10 million and not a nominal amount. WTF do I want-I want you Kasr apologists to acknowledge  the fact his rights were violated should not entitle him to an amount of compensation that undermines the concept of peace, order and good government, contradicts the doctrine of lean hands and the doctrine that people should not profit from crime because it undermines public morality.

Your selective take on the law and morality is what I challenge not the issue that his rights were violated.

18 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No proof.....Are we now claiming he did not work for a terrorist organization, Al-Qaida....Or did they change that law that forbids a Canadian citizen to partake in terrorist activities.

Are you saying that he does not meet any of criteria for treason.  How about any of the laws in Afghanistan.....

Yes all US military JAGS have law degrees equivalent to civilian law degrees, i could pull that up in google if you want.....You can call it what ever you want, however the military tribunal has tried military convicts, and military prisoners of war for decades, and none of those convictions have been over turned because someone in the Supreme court did not like it...or agree with it.....Now this brings up another question, why has Our justice system agreed with the conviction, the fact that he served out the rest of his sentence in a Canadian prison.....This has got to say something.....if the sentence was bogus why was he not pull out of prison, or his conviction over turned....by our justice system....

it leaves us with More questions..... 

No it doesn't. It's over. Get over it.

9 minutes ago, hot enough said:

The issue of US war criminals has never been dealt with by the US "justice" system. 

I ignore most of your posts because people can read them and see you fabricate and spew and  desperately trying to get a reaction.

The above statement shows you are a very ignorant. It is public domain which US soldiers have been tried and sentenced for war crimes. You again make sweeping statements about things that exist as if they do not. This is why I consider your words to possibly evidence  the symptoms of a personality disorder of some kind or maybe inbreeding and a congenital defect.

13 minutes ago, hot enough said:

The amount was decided by legal experts, which you are most assuredly not, Rue. 

The  decision to forgo asking for a nominal award was Trudeau's decision not the lawyers from the Justice Department. You once again can't grasp the point made.  Once Trudeau refused to consider asking for a nominal amount, any other amount becomes a moot point to the legal issue of arguing for a nominal amount. 

Edited by Rue

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

I ignore most of your posts because people can read them and see you fabricate and spew and  desperately trying to get a reaction.

I can't ignore your posts, though I would love to avoid the endless drivel, because you write so much nonsense. There are millions of US war criminals/terrorists at all levels who have never been as much as reprimanded. Your ignorance on this subject is both appalling and sickening.

6 minutes ago, Rue said:

You are not addressing the issue of why the amount had to be 10 million and not a nominal amount. WTF do I want-I want you Kasr apologists to acknowledge  the fact his rights were violated should not entitle him to an amount of compensation that undermines the concept of peace, order and good government, contradicts the doctrine of lean hands and the doctrine that people should not profit from crime because it undermines public morality.

Your selective take on the law and morality is what I challenge not the issue that his rights were violated.

Nothing you can do about it now. :P

14 minutes ago, Rue said:

That is legal fiction his lawyer created.  Its also a ridiculous argument. In essence he says he lied. So if he lied to get the hell out as you say, it means he will lie if he thinks its to his advantage.  It was actually a stupid legal fiction his lawyer used and changed when he realized the idiotic implications of saying he lies to manipulate. His lawyer then switched to an argument he was coerced. The coercion was based on alleged sleep deprivation. 

Jacee ithink about it. If someone admits they lie to their advantage, think about what that means. The law unlike you does not guess when someone lies and when they don't.

Once you admit to lying for any reason, your credibility is brought into question. That's how the law works.

However some of us already knew Kadr was manipulative. He immediately hid behind his Canadian citizenship when he was apprehended by the Americans, he went to Afghanistan as a Muslim jihadi but the moment he couldn't terrorize and he's caught, suddenly he's a Canadian again.

In your world using Canadian citizenship as a shield when one is caught terrorizing is acceptable. In my world its manipulative.

What I know as well is a person who manipulates must be able to know right from wrong to then try blur the two for self interest. If someone knows right from wrong, they are not considered incapacitated from being held responsible for their behaviour at 15.

Those are legal issues I discuss and understand but Omni won't. Those are also basic  psychology concepts.

A manipulative personality in most instances is a gateway to other serious  personality issues. No this is not the profile or behaviour of a child.

When a child tries to play one parent against the other or lie, their techniques are clumsy and transparent. The more sophisticated they are the more likely there is a serious underlying disorder.

You are delusional.

13 minutes ago, Rue said:

Lol give me their names. Do you think before you spew. The amount was determined by Trudeau not legal experts. Legal experts don't determine the amount either a Judge does or the parties do. The Justice Department lawyers would state the legal fees and court costs involved and the other side would then ask for money in addition to the legal costs and court costs and then the politicians decided the amount, There is no legal formula. Once again you spew. You don't understand how the law works but you spew.

"Lol" - how old are you, Rue? This is the guy who just finished saying he doesn't reply to my posts. Next, he will be saying, "Okay, last time, my mom called me for dinner". 

Rue: "The amount was determined by Trudeau not legal experts. Legal experts don't determine the amount either a Judge does or the parties do.

Wow, confused much! First you say Trudeau decided then you immediately flip and tell how it was done. 

Edited by hot enough

8 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

You're actually gloating about this killer!  WoW!  And you call Bcsapper sick...for a joke?

Why do you place so much faith in your war criminals/terrorists who illegal invaded a number of nations and murdered millions.

Where do you get the gall to accuse Jacee? You all gloat over the deaths of millions, the purposeful genocide against the people of Iraq by the US government/military. 

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

WTF MORE DO YOU WANT!!!

You seem to have forgotten that He did not serve his entire sentence in a US prison......, you seem to forget it was under the Harper government that Omar would be sent to Canada to finish his sentence....I also want to point out his time in Gitmo was that of a prisoner where he could have legally been held for the duration of the conflict, still ongoing actually.....that time does not count for squat.....

He did not serve a life sentence, but i know who is the speer family will serve a life sentence without a husband , father, a son his life is gone forever....taken by a terrorist organization....

WTF more do i want....i want our nation to stand up and tell its citizens that yes we broke some laws those responsible will be punished, but we do not pay out terrorists....I want Omar held accountable for ALL his crimes....I want ALL the people of Canada to take pause and ensure we treat our soldier better than we treat our foes.....I want the Khadrs shipped back to Afghanistan to face their crimes they have committed....