Compensating Khadr

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

10 million is for compensating Khadr another 90 million, at least, should be the fine Canadian's pay for allowing their government to maltreat him so badly.

A 90 million dollar fine for Canadians even though they have no control over their government's actions. Now that's what I call living in the real world. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, capricorn said:

A 90 million dollar fine for Canadians even though they have no control over their government's actions. Now that's what I call living in the real world. :lol:

Well, eyeball's idea of fun is watching mushroom clouds go-up over the horizon from his radiation-proof fishing boat...Ernst Blofeld style. You don't want eyeball in charge of fire prevention at the Great Library...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Where does it say he was ordered by the court?  It looks like the settled out of court because he was seeking $20m through the court.  My impression is this is an out-of-court settlement.

The settlement is the result of a lengthy court case. Doesn't matter if it's settled in court or out, the court will oversee the agreement is fulfilled.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

True, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have had to pay him something 

As they know paying anything is bad politics.....I imagine they realized the court was going to award more than 10.5M$.  Stop the bloodletting as early as possible.

Khadr will need more free Canadian taxpayer money to pay his settlement to Sgt. Speer's widow and family.    Aren't courts great !

A U.S. judge has granted $134.2-million in damages to the widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan and another soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade in their lawsuit against former Guantanamo Bay prisoner Omar Khadr.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/us-judge-awards-134-million-in-suit-against-omar-khadr/article25242269/

...and that's in U.S. dollars, not Canadian pesos.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Khadr will need more free Canadian taxpayer money to pay his settlement to Sgt. Speer's widow and family.    Aren't courts great !

...and that's in U.S. dollars, not Canadian pesos.

So not only is it now a war crime to kill an enemy soldier in a war zone, one can now also be sued for it!  Pretty surreal.

Still, it could make the nuclear deterrent obselete...

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Omar Khadr is a convicted war criminal (illegal combatant).  

Well I'd be in favour of locking him up for it.  What about Guantanamo?

So, that piece of shit deserves a bullet in the head, but our backwards courts gave him money instead...whatever, but is the "apology" court appointed?  Did Trudeau offer an apology?  Did the lawyer ask for a public apology?  Money is one thing, but a public ass kissing of a terrorist from our Prime Minister is humiliating.  I don't like Trudeau, and I think this might just be a nail in his coffin, but for the respect of the office, he can't possibly kiss this bastards ass - can he? 

4 hours ago, capricorn said:

Am I hearing this right, you're actually saying people in democracies are NOT responsible for the actions of the governments they elect? Is this some new high falutin conservative value we've never heard about before?  It sounds like just about the feeblest excuse I've ever heard besides 'but but but the Russians forced us to support dictators'...

There truly is no more ethically or morally challenged a people on the planet than Canada's right-wing conservatives.  An effing disgrace to the human species if there ever was one.

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

How about Kelly Ellard, can we spare a few million for her too.  She was only 15 when she committed murder...so?

Canada never violated her rights and were complicit in her torture....   :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

Canada never violated her rights and were complicit in her torture....   :rolleyes:

Canada also got him out of Gitmo and then freed him - and what does this douche bag do, sues the govenment.  I can see why he's a hero of the left..

If Trudeau kisses his ass, he should immediatly resign.

Oh yeah, I don't actually give a shit about the rights of terrorists!  He left Canada to go and fight for a terrorist organization, the fact that Canada (as well as other western countries) allows this is shameful.  These terrorists are cuckolding the west.

Edited by Hal 9000

8 hours ago, Omni said:

Ah that would be the politicians who we the people elect to be the boss.

Politicians are not the bosses. It is we the people that pay their taxes and therefore we are the boss, and those politicians go about and acting like bosses who are allowed to get away with doing whatever they dam well please with our tax dollars, and free speech without consulting with we the people(bosses). We elect them to use our tax dollars in an appropriate and proper manner and not spend our tax dollars like it is their tax dollars to blow.  

5 minutes ago, taxme said:

We elect them to use our tax dollars in an appropriate and proper manner

We elect them for a few more reasons than that. But yes your comment is viable. But you you spend a lot of time making a lot of just noise. Just vote for whoever you like. And if they don't live up to your expectations, don't vote for them again. That's a basic of how democracy works. If you you don't like that, you could go and live in Moscow where your vote really means nothing. Up to you buddy.