Jump to content

Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

You're doing exactly what Argus described earlier.

Perhaps if you didn't act as if Islam is some hugely different and unique event in the world, it wouldn't be necessary to point out how similar it is to other religions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps if you didn't act as if Islam is some hugely different and unique event in the world, it wouldn't be necessary to point out how similar it is to other religions.

You really believe there is nothing unusual going on in Islam in the world right now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You really believe there is nothing unusual going on in Islam in the world right now?

I believe some are currently invoking their god-given right to visit violence on others, as have others in the past and no doubt in the future.

Because so many readers assume lack of panic over Islam is the same as approving of terrorists, killing gays and apostates, stoning women and pedophilia, let me say that I do not support or condone any of the above.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I believe some are currently invoking their god-given right to visit violence on others, as have others in the past and no doubt in the future.

Because so many readers assume lack of panic over Islam is the same as approving of terrorists, killing gays and apostates, stoning women and pedophilia, let me say that I do not support or condone any of the above.

I take it that's a NO.  Nothing unusual.  Okay.  I will respectfully disagree with you on this one point.

Because so many readers assume concern ( I don't see the mass panic you do, but I do see concern) over Islam is the same as racism, ripping off hijabs, screaming at random Muslims and shooting up mosques, let me say that I do not support or condone any of the above.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Perhaps if you didn't act as if Islam is some hugely different and unique event in the world, it wouldn't be necessary to point out how similar it is to other religions.

 

Islam kills people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, dialamah said:

You mean after someone claimed moral high ground, as if the violence in our midst is separate from our culture while insisting that violence by Muslims is part of their culture?

Perhaps those claiming such moral high ground should keep in mind that the US has been at war with someone for 93% of its history, with Canada often following along, that in 2016 15,000 people died in the US as a result of gun violence and that 1000s of men from Western Countries travel to other countries for sex with children.   

 

Eh! 

Now you're using gun violence in wars to compare it to terrorist acts of senseless murders ????  animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So you don't agree that other religious groups are equally as violent when circumstances permit.  

 

809 dead so-far during Ramadan.

Care to provide an actual event for the board to peruse? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dialamah said:

What is sensible about the killings in the States?

It's your statement that's insensible.

 

Quote

You mean after someone claimed moral high ground, as if the violence in our midst is separate from our culture while insisting that violence by Muslims is part of their culture?

Perhaps those claiming such moral high ground should keep in mind that the US has been at war with someone for 93% of its history, with Canada often following along, that in 2016 15,000 people died in the US as a result of gun violence and that 1000s of men from Western Countries travel to other countries for sex with children.   

You're comparing killings done during wars, to the violence that's part of Muslim culture!   

Gun violence - other than for defense - is a criminal act in the west.

 

On the other hand, stoning, cutting of hands, lashings......are normal part of Muslim culture.  It isn't rare to read that someone was killed by a mob for any perceived slight against the Quran.  A frenzied mob brutally beating someone to death, seems to be a normal occurence on the streets of a Muslim country.

There is something to be said when it doesn't take much  to whip up a mob into a murderous frenzy.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dialamah said:

So you don't agree that other religious groups are equally as violent when circumstances permit.  

"When circumstances permit" - I see you are qualifying your statement now.  I'm not sure what the "circumstances" are that permit bombing, killing and terrorizing.  You will have to fill me in on what the "circumstances" would be that makes terrorism acceptable.  

My feeling is that the "circumstances" of the world at the time of the Inquisition, etc were very different than they are today. If Christian groups were bombing, killing, terrorizing I'm pretty confident they would receive the same backlash that Islam is for doing the same (Yes, I understand that you feel Islam is not the main culprit in world-wide terrorism right now, that it is mainly Christians terrorizing the world and that there is nothing unusual going on with Islam - again, I disagree) 

I'm sorry but I don't see what "circumstances" you feel would permit extremist violence.  But yes, if the US or Canadian government said it was okay to terrorize, then I believe there would be some from all religions that would do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Goddess said:

"When circumstances permit" - I see you are qualifying your statement now.  I'm not sure what the "circumstances" are that permit bombing, killing and terrorizing.  You will have to fill me in on what the "circumstances" would be that makes terrorism acceptable.  

My feeling is that the "circumstances" of the world at the time of the Inquisition, etc were very different than they are today. If Christian groups were bombing, killing, terrorizing I'm pretty confident they would receive the same backlash that Islam is for doing the same (Yes, I understand that you feel Islam is not the main culprit in world-wide terrorism right now, that it is mainly Christians terrorizing the world and that there is nothing unusual going on with Islam - again, I disagree) 

I'm sorry but I don't see what "circumstances" you feel would permit extremist violence.  But yes, if the US or Canadian government said it was okay to terrorize, then I believe there would be some from all religions that would do so.

 

The Inquisition was aimed mainly at a group called Conversos...and Moriscos to a lesser extent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Converso

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morisco

Conversos = Jews. Moriscos = Muslims...converts...forced or otherwise.

The Muslims were generally driven out of Spain...which they had invaded. But a few remained under the above 'program'.

An example of Muslim rule in Spain was the Granada Massacre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1066_Granada_massacre

According to historical sources, more people died in that one massacre than during all of the Inquisition...not to excuse the Spanish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, betsy said:

I'm not sorry.  You should be.

You brought up Air India!  You inspired Overthere to dig up the Inquisition! :lol:

 

.....and what's wado ryu?  Isn't that Karate?

Would you prefer The Troubles in Northern Ireland?  You know, where Christians shot/bombed/kneecapped their friends and neighbours for being Sunnis, oops  I mean the wrong kind of Christians?   Which side of that did Jesus approve of, I have forgotten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peter F said:

Thats the base assumption that makes all that follows bullshit. Some believe that - absolutely. Probably a lot in the the middle east too, certainly. I will point out that many beyond muslims harbour those dark thoughts also.

Not many in Canada. Oh there's any number of 'homophobes' here, but being homophobic in Canada generally means telling queer jokes and saying unpleasant things about them when they're not around. It doesn't mean killing them unless you're already a violent, social retrograde, and probably drunk at that.

 

4 hours ago, Peter F said:

How many times must the following be said: People can adhere to any faith they want - even stupid ones. So even stupid people get to immigrate here and enjoy being stupid here in Grand ol Canada.  B

Why would you support importing stupid people when we already have an oversupply? In fact, I'd be pleased to include an IQ test as part of the requirements to immigrate here. No stupid people allowed! Just like no religious fanatics allowed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peter F said:

I understand the distinction. Do you understand that what you think should be done about it is daft?

Do you understand that most Canadians, according to the polls, agree with me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on topic....

 

I am not sure why so many people are so  threatened by women wearing burkas or niqabs or clothing that hides their head or body..

 

Should I feel threatened  by the Hutterite women I see often here?  They are a secretive, closed Christian sect that live in rural colonies and have little to do with other Canadians .  They intermarry with other Hutterities.  Their faces are stern and they don't approve of others unlike them. They have little to do with anybody but other Hutterites. They spend a lot of time in prayer and Bible study. The women wear head coverings, cover all their skin, and wear voluminous skirts that could hide a hundred kilos of high explosives, easily.  Just how afraid should I be?

 

There are no degrees of equailty. .  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Argus said:

Not many in Canada. Oh there's any number of 'homophobes' here, but being homophobic in Canada generally means telling queer jokes and saying unpleasant things about them when they're not around. It doesn't mean killing them unless you're already a violent, social retrograde, and probably drunk at that.

 

Why would you support importing stupid people when we already have an oversupply? In fact, I'd be pleased to include an IQ test as part of the requirements to immigrate here. No stupid people allowed! Just like no religious fanatics allowed!

Aren't all religious people delusional fanatics to some degree?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

I've posted previously about the different implementations of Sharia Law around the world, with links.

Different governmental implementation by non-Islamic governments does not equate to different interpretations.

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

I despise your lack of insight and your deliberate ignorance.   Your views are an outgrowth of your inability to judge people on their merits, preferring instead to slap labels (leftist, Muslim) and declare your intimate knowledge of the beliefs and motivations of the people you've labelled.

You despise my judgement against Islam but you welcome with open arms Muslim fanatics who want to slaughter and kill. That says it all about your raw, violent fanaticism on the subject. I pity you your shallow intellect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, overthere said:

Aren't all religious people delusional fanatics to some degree?

There are levels, you know. And as someone in one of those cites I posted pointed out, a fundamentalist Quaker or a fundamentalist Jain is not very dangerous compared to a fundamentalist Muslim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, overthere said:

Back on topic....

 

I am not sure why so many people are so  threatened by women wearing burkas or niqabs or clothing that hides their head or body..

It's what it represents that is threatening, especially in tandem with the rapid growth of this population in Canada. Muslims will soon be the largest minority group in Canada, overtaking Aborigines. Hutterites are tiny in numbers. More Muslims arrive in Canada in a single year - every single year - than there are Hutterites in Canada. And Hutterites are non-violent. Muslims - clearly not so much.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,717
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Watson Winnefred
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...