Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!

5 hours ago, dialamah said:

I suppose if these people were devoting hours and threads to non-Muslim women  being abused by their non-Muslim husbands, or non-Muslim women forced to wear long skirts and long sleeves by non-Muslim husbands/fathers their concern for Muslim women would be a bit more believable.  

These posters claim concern about Canadian culture, but how many threads have they started about rape and pedophilia by non-Muslim men being a problem?   Or fraud and crime by non-Muslim and those of white European descent?

The point isn't that bad actions committed by Muslims are excused because the same thing happens among non-Muslims, but that focusing on Muslims as if the bad actions they commit aren't committed by non-Muslims or aren't as common or as serious.   As if fraud, abuse and criminal behavior were almost unheard of before Muslims, and now these people threaten to overthrow Canada because some of them also do what some Canadians have always done.  

This is why I think it would be useful if ethnic or religious information was part of crime stats.  Instead of speculation and guesses, such information might calm hysteria or fan it - but still, hard data is preferable to assumptions based one's personal bias, imo.

I defer to your comments , well stated.

Edited by Rue

4 hours ago, hot enough said:

Speaking of living in a bubble, Rue, you describe all sorts of wild ass things and then refuse to address your lies and deception when called on it. Have you been ragging on other groups, Mennonites, Hutterites, ... to free their women. How about the new radical evangelicals? 

Jewish Clothing for Women - Described

The Jewish people have spanned every corner of the earth for thousands of years, yet Jewish clothing for women has, in essence, not changed very drastically. While there are small details which may differ from community to community, traditional women's Jewish clothing tends to include sleeves that cover the elbows, shirts that cover the collarbone, skirts that cover the knees and clothing that is not too tight-fitting.

Skirts are worn by Orthodox Jewish women because pants are considered to show the female form in an inappropriate way, as well as the fact that there is an explicit verse against cross-dressing in the Torah. There are rabbis who are lenient on this issue, however.

Tights or socks are also sometimes worn by Orthodox Jewish women, depending on the community they live in. There are also those who avoid bright or eye-catching colors, especially the color red and skirts with slits. Some women will only wear closed-toe shoes, but other women have no problem wearing sandals. In some places, acceptable clothing for Orthodox Jewish women would be shirts with shorter sleeves, and sometimes the collarbone need not be not totally covered.

Read more: http://www.orthodox-jews.com/jewish-clothing-for-women.html#ixzz4jzRBpBmH

I now have time to respond to this.  Hahahahahahahahahah.

That was hilarious. Wow.

O.k. let me break it you, Sit. Mainstream Jews and Christians do not dress as in the above. Mainstream Muslim women do. Further, the fact that Orthodox Jews or Hutterites or Amish do, does not make Muslim fundamentalist views on how women should dress magically appropriate. This defective argument that you and others make that fundamentalist by Muslims is o.k. because Jews and Christians do it to completely misses the point again and again. Archaic practices don't become acceptable because other religions engage in them as well. They are all equally as questionable I argue. Your attempt to suggest I made a double standard argument as to whose religion's fundamentalism I question and only question it in Islam, is false. I never have.

What I have debated clearly is ALL fundamentalist religious approaches to sex and women not just Muslim ones need to be challenged.. Never have I supported the fundamentalst sexual views of any of the religions you listed. By the way Mennonites today are mainstream. You meant Amish or certain Quaker who are sub sects of the Mennonites. Some Mennonites are very strong feminists but clearly you don't get that.

I also appreciate under the Canadian Charter of Rights people have the right now to engage in all kinds of practices and claim its their religious right to do so. However I find that crap and phony. You are well aware a Satanist could not show up for an affirmation of oath for citizenship dripping in goat's blood. You know damn well a topless woman can not swear an oath for citizenship. The selectivity of which practices trendy Liberals find the acceptable belief of the day change. I find them phony because of their subjective trendy nature.

If you think we will make our society enlightened you are ridiculous. When you tolerate EVERYTHING it means you tolerate some very intolerant practices.

No I do not consider it acceptable to circumcise female genitilia as many Muslims do. I draw a line.  I don't pretend certain practices are harmless and moderate.

I think it ridiculous Orthodox Jewish women must sit segregated from men, and wear wigs in public. no I do not wear a Black Bear Hat or grow a beard or  sidelocks.

I consider such practices moronic. Slavish devotion to rituasl for me is moronic. I state my opinion as you do yours. Please don't pose as more tolerant that I  because you think a woman forced to cover her face and look through a crack is reasonable and hey man, its cool we all get to do what we want. I draw a line  just as you do not.

Zip over your head.

You also clearly don't get it. Some of the fiercest fighters for women's rights are Jewish women and Muslim women trying to challenge the very things you endorse as moderate precisely because they are not moderate, they are fascist crap..

More to the point if you think Golda Maeir covered herself up for Jewish men I laugh again.

If I came hear and preached on standard for Muslim fundamentalists and another for Jewish or Christian ones you'd be totally right to call me out on that. I have not.

My argument with say Peter F is actually one on how tolerant we have to be of certain views. Peter F is a classic liberal. I respect that. He is consistent in applying the same standard for all. I get that. I respect that. I just think its crap to tolerate fundamentalist beliefs that depict women as sexually provocative and in need of covering. That to me is crap. It comes down to where one stands on certain issues.

I don't think a democracy without some limits can survive. If it doesn't define limits, then intolerant views take over.

This anything goes attitude to me is naïve. I am not asking Muslims be arrested. I am not saying Muslims can't pray. I am not saying they can't walk around like potato sacks. I am saying I think its part of prehistoric practices I don't want becoming mainstream.

No I don't think its moderate behaviour. I think its obsessive compulsive and sexually repressive behaviour.

I

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rue said:

I also appreciate under the Canadian Charter of Rights people have the right now to engage in all kinds of practices and claim its their religious right to do so.

If you think that will make our society enlightened you are ridiculous. When you tolerate EVERYTHING it means you tolerate some very intolerant practices.

If you "appreciate" that, one has to wonder why you have been so selective in your condemnations. This is the first I've heard from you, while all the while you have been supporting Islamaphobes. I'll call bullshit considering your willingness to lie about other issues and your cowardliness in failing to address them.

I don't think for a moment "that will make our society enlightened". I only highlight the selective nature, which is always indicative of some type of ...phobe/racism/other various and sundry evils.

6 minutes ago, hot enough said:

If you "appreciate" that, one has to wonder why you have been so selective in your condemnations. This is the first I've heard from you, while all the while you have been supporting Islamaphobes. I'll call bullshit considering your willingness to lie about other issues and your cowardliness in failing to address them.

I don't think for a moment "that will make our society enlightened". I only highlight the selective nature, which is always indicative of some type of ...phobe/racism/other various and sundry evils.

I was editing my response when you wrote yours.

Thanks but I could care less what you think.  Next you want to call bullshit? Realy? Lol. Go on finish it. Point out one response by me where I did not apply the same standard to all religions. Finish your challenge then. Also provide one cowardly post from me. Ahah. That was funny. Please. Provide it.

Its also interesting that you don't deal with the issues and try turn this into a pissing match. Lol.

Now in reflection of reading your last post I apologize to Moonlight Graham or Peter F if they felt I went to personal. I respect their consistent views otherwise I would not debate them. I only mean to debate them not question their personal integrity.

In your case I don't think you deliberately insult. I think you don't know how to differentiate subjective from objective. In my case I have to follow a higher standard than you because I can read and write. So that is why I apologized to them.

Lol please provide your examples of my double standards and cowardly words. Can't wait.

Oh hang on see if you follow this:

" trying to point out Shaq O'Neil's shortcomings standing next to him in a urinal is probably not a good idea."

Rue 2012

" is it just me or do all these boys today sound and look like Ryan Seacrest.."

Rue 1313

22 minutes ago, Rue said:

Archaic practices don't become acceptable because other religions engage in them as well. They are all equally as questionable I argue. Your attempt to suggest I made a double standard argument as to whose religion's fundamentalism I question and only question it in Islam, is false. I never have.

What I have debated clearly is ALL fundamentalist religious approaches to sex and women not just Muslim ones need to be challenged..

I have to agree with this and the way it's stated.  In my opinion sexist and misogynist attitudes need to be discouraged.  Even challenged although sometimes challenging people on their deeply held religious beliefs can be counter-productive. l believe that leading by example and through education we can help the women and girls escape this lifestyle more effectively than shunning them and refusing them entry into our country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

I have to agree with this and the way it's stated.  In my opinion sexist and misogynist attitudes need to be discouraged.  Even challenged although sometimes challenging people on their deeply held religious beliefs can be counter-productive. l believe that leading by example and through education we can help the women and girls escape this lifestyle more effectively than shunning them and refusing them entry into our country.

Agree.  I would only add that IMO, we should be extremely careful about legitimizing such beliefs and ensconcing them into our laws.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I agree.  There is really only one religious belief that needs to change though. That is that whatever a person's religious beliefs are, they apply to someone other than themselves. 

Edited by bcsapper

22 minutes ago, Rue said:

Thanks but I could care less what you think.  Next you want to call bullshit? Realy? Lol. Go on finish it. Point out one response by me where I did not apply the same standard to all religions. Finish your challenge then.

You support the Islamaphobes which is indicative of a guy who posts bullshit, volumes of it, meant to keep the bullshit buried. 

25 minutes ago, Rue said:

Thanks but I could care less what you think.  Finish your challenge then. Also provide one cowardly post from me. Ahah. That was funny. Please. Provide it.

You advance a number of lies regarding issues of science surrounding 911 and even when challenged, twice, you were the coward who fled. 

3 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Back to cryptic. 

Hardly.  Why would I possibly think anyone from any religion should be able to impose their views on anyone else?  I thought it was a no brainer.

Maybe it was.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Hardly.  Why would I possibly think anyone from any religion should be able to impose their views on anyone else?  I thought it was a no brainer.

Maybe it was.

It was your point and you failed to make it clearly. You love cryptic because it can always give you an out. 

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Maybe it was.

A no brainer argument does not suggest people without brains will understand it.

Just now, hot enough said:

It was your point and you failed to make it clearly. You love cryptic because it can always give you an out. 

Like I said, no brainer.  I guess I don't like being forced to answer a question if the poser already knows the answer. 

It always feels like there's a "gotcha" moment coming.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Like I said, no brainer.  I guess I don't like being forced to answer a question if the poser already knows the answer. 

It always feels like there's a "gotcha" moment coming.

That is why you jump between cryptic and incoherent. You obviously are so scared your comments can't stand up to scrutiny that you provide yourself with all manner of cover.