Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 5:18 PM, Omni said:

I'd say you're way too far down the rabbit hole now to suggest/hope the placement of an "if" here or an "or" there is going to dissuade anyone from not seeing xenophobia.

Xenophobia is your subjective labelling of his opinion. Your subjective labelling of Argus  is no more relevant than me stating you defend sexual fascism and are a sexual fascist. The labelling goes both ways. You don't have a monopoly on tolerance because you tolerate sexual fascism.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 5:14 PM, overthere said:

Being queer in Uganda will get you dead pretty quick.  Uganda is 84% Christian.  Sorry if that deflects your world view just a tiny bit.

How is that relevant? How does the fact that people in other religions may be as intolerant and extremist as specific Muslims make the extremist intolerant Muslim beliefs valid? You keep raising he fact that there are intolerant Christian extremists. Of course there are and I have never seen Argus support such extremism in Christianity.

There are Jewish extremists, Christian extremists and atheist extremists and on and on...and so? How does that make Muslim extremism valid? Of course it doesn't. We have to challenge all these forms of extremism. Here is where I got angry a bit Overthere with Trudeau- because the MP who stood up in Parliament distinguished hatred against Muslims as something to distinguish from other religious hatreds. She and the entire Liberal two faces compounded this discriminatory selection by remaining silent as Mullahs spoke out in Mosques in Canada calling for the death of Jews. I know where I was when that happened-listening to the silence of the Liberals and Justin They ethnic pandered. They selected out the Muslim community and anti Muslim sentiment and remain silent on other forms of hatred. They are playing Muslims like idiots to get their vote. That is dead wrong. They are dead wrong. They claim to support inclusive values but they excluded Islam as one of many religions that face negative and hateful backlash.

That's where I get ticked off. I get ticked off because the word Islamophobia is being used to prevent legitimate debate on ANY  Muslim dialogue dealing with Muslim extremism. That is wrong. Playing the Muslim card is no different than how Black Lives Matter play the black card and other minority groups play their card. I have been on this forum long enough to have read until doomsday how we Jews play the Jewish card because when someone makes a hateful statement about all Jews they tell us its acceptable because they put the word Israeli in their sentence..

Now we all hear he gay collective will exclude gays in police uniforms and they must go in the closest and hide their identities and be ashamed of being cops because a handful of black  bigoted extremists say so?  Hey it aint knew. Muslim gays have had the audacity to hijack gay pride for years now screaming out death to Israel knowing its the only state in the Middle East that allows gays the right to be gay and knowing Islam governments torture and kill gays.

There's too much of this b.s. going around it has to stop with us saying because ignorance comes in all colours and shapes, its o.k. to be ignorant. I doubt that was your intent but I am raising a point here-the fact that Christians and every damn one of us has issues of intolerance doe snot make Muslim extremism acceptable and beyond criticism.

That said if your point is that we should use the same standard of criticism on all extremists I strongly agree which I believe is your real point.

Edited by Rue

47 minutes ago, Rue said:

No, they are a tiny minority even in the west, and could not survive in a Muslim country. They'd be arrested if they weren't killed outright.

47 minutes ago, Rue said:

I do not mean to be preach but I think its possible to challenge with all our might Muslim terrorism without writing off all Muslims as bad people. I am not under-estimating the wide-spread extremist in Islamic societies and the challenges ahead. I don't think we should understate religious terrorism or fail to identify it as Muslim terrorism but its important as well to distinguish the innocent from the guilty. Simply hating a Muslim because others of their religion are terrorist to me is illogical. Its tempting to do when one is angry and reacting to immediate painful violence, yes.

I agree with all of that, and I welcome reformed Muslims to the twenty first century. But the vast bulk of Muslims derive their social values from a book written in Arabia in the Seventh century, which they believe is the unalterable word of God. Which is why I prefer to not encourage them to immigrate here, and would like them to be heavily screened first.

4 hours ago, Rue said:

Xenophobia is your subjective labelling of his opinion. Your subjective labelling of Argus  is no more relevant than me stating you defend sexual fascism and are a sexual fascist. The labelling goes both ways. You don't have a monopoly on tolerance because you tolerate sexual fascism.

Are you off your meds today?

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 5:18 PM, Omni said:

I'd say you're way too far down the rabbit hole now to suggest/hope the placement of an "if" here or an "or" there is going to dissuade anyone from not seeing xenophobia.

You accused Argus of  xenophobia. Then when called out on it and said your comment is about as relevant as me calling you a sexual fascist for defending Muslim extremism your come back is I am off my meds?

Atta boy Omni. it never fails that you trendy leftists who come on the board to pose as tolerant revert to your true colours-intolerant bigots full of labels of others you don't agree with. Lol. Thanks for the two examples of tolerance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Argus said:

No, they are a tiny minority even in the west, and could not survive in a Muslim country. They'd be arrested if they weren't killed outright.

I agree with all of that, and I welcome reformed Muslims to the twenty first century. But the vast bulk of Muslims derive their social values from a book written in Arabia in the Seventh century, which they believe is the unalterable word of God. Which is why I prefer to not encourage them to immigrate here, and would like them to be heavily screened first.

I think the vast majority of humans including Muslims are all wacked. Its why I prefer dogs. I find most of us humans primal apes. Seen very few who have evolved past knuckle walking. Excuse me I need to pick a flea and eat it.

3 hours ago, Rue said:

You accused Argus of  xenophobia. Then when called out on it and said your comment is about as relevant as me calling you a sexual fascist for defending Muslim extremism your come back is I am off my meds?

Atta boy Omni. it never fails that you trendy leftists who come on the board to pose as tolerant revert to your true colours-intolerant bigots full of labels of others you don't agree with. Lol. Thanks for the two examples of tolerance.

Your attempt to "come to the rescue" says a lot. But at least you didn't waste all day at it. 

"Xenophobia" as a bad word...like "racism"...is thrown about so much it has lost all meaning. People who use it often never seem to understand where it came from...Ancient Greece.

Any idea why Ancient Greeks might distrust and fear* Ancient Persians...?

Any idea why Alexander vowed to bring the Persians to their knees?

Any at all?

*Distrust and fear...the dictionary definition.

• Like 1

Speaking of Sharia law, this is from a friend who is a Canadian and is Muslim:

SHARIAH LAW:  Word for all those so damned worried about Shariah Law.  Unless you are Muslim, it does not pertain to you.  As Muslims living in any country, we go by the laws of the country.  

All Shariah Law concerns is the conduct of Muslims, in prayer, marriage, divorce, inheritance etal.  For example in Islam when a person weds there is a Nikkah - marriage contract.  It is the same as a prenuptial for others defining the context of the marriage such as dowry etal.

Again for the fear mongers out there do your research and stop spreading lies and fear as SHARIAH LAW only applies to Muslims.

23 minutes ago, dialamah said:

SHARIAH LAW:  Word for all those so damned worried about Shariah Law.  Unless you are Muslim, it does not pertain to you.  As Muslims living in any country, we go by the laws of the country.  

All Shariah Law concerns is the conduct of Muslims, in prayer, marriage, divorce, inheritance etal.  For example in Islam when a person weds there is a Nikkah - marriage contract.  It is the same as a prenuptial for others defining the context of the marriage such as dowry etal.

Again for the fear mongers out there do your research and stop spreading lies and fear as SHARIAH LAW only applies to Muslims.

Sharia applies to non-Muslims, as well. Thus the Jizya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhimmi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizya

Edited by DogOnPorch

On 6/10/2017 at 3:24 PM, Argus said:

You people on the left insist on reading your own opinions into my words rather than reading the words. Given you know nothing about me you should stop trying to analyze the secret meaning of my words and just take them at face value.

You are particularly oblivious if you think I'm 'you people on the left'.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, Argus said:

And here's where you and I differ. I think we should be screening those people if they want to come to Canada, too. I don't give any society a break when it comes to its members wanting to come here. I want them all screened if they come from societies were hate and violent intolerance, inspired by whatever, is prevalent.

I'm refuting the notion that Muslims or Christians deal with homosexuality differently.  They do not.

And that is the second time you've said 'you people' or 'those people'.  That kind of talk is straight out of Klan literature, did you realize that or just do not care?

15 minutes ago, overthere said:

I'm refuting the notion that Muslims or Christians deal with homosexuality differently.  They do not.

Yeah? Can you tell me about the pride parades in Muslim countries? Lot of gay nightclubs in the Muslim world, are there?

You realize in a recent poll half of British Muslims felt that gays should be in prison? And that's the UK. They aren't nearly so kind hearted and tolerant in the Middle east.

And that is the second time you've said 'you people' or 'those people'.  That kind of talk is straight out of Klan literature, did you realize that or just do not care?

That's the second time you've expressed astonishment and confusion at basic English grammar. Did you never get into high school because of a low IQ? Is English a third language for you?

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

So in your mind, is there muslim men with more than one wife canada? Are certain muslim women having FGM performed on them in canada? I will bet they are.

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

All Shariah Law concerns is the conduct of Muslims

This is not true.  A large portion of it deals with kafirs and how to treat them.  How to get non-Muslims to submit to Islamic preferences.  Thus, demands for prayer rooms and time for prayers at workplaces and school, demands for sexually segregated times for everything, demands to wear burkas at inappropriate times, etc.  This is Sharia law implemented. When Trudeau visited the mosque and demanded that women MPs cover up and use the side entrance - Sharia law implemented.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Argus said:

overthere said: And that is the second time you've said 'you people' or 'those people'.  That kind of talk is straight out of Klan literature, did you realize that or just do not care?

Argus replied: That's the second time you've expressed astonishment and confusion at basic English grammar. Did you never get into high school because of a low IQ? Is English a third language for you?

Those phrases have little to do with English grammar. But that is a neat trick, one of the many you like to pull, to allow you a tangent to avoid the central issue, what overthere pointed out.

2 hours ago, hot enough said:

Those phrases have little to do with English grammar. But that is a neat trick, one of the many you like to pull, to allow you a tangent to avoid the central issue, what overthere pointed out.

Well you would know about what phrases are used on hate sites, if anyone here would. God knows there's enough hate in you.

Edited by Argus

20 hours ago, Omni said:

Your attempt to "come to the rescue" says a lot. But at least you didn't waste all day at it.

Rescue? Lol.  I do rescue and rehab. birds. Crows are my specialty. Highly intelligent birds. They will come back years later and say hello..

As for Argus from the looks this analogy he is a sea gull and you need to duck.. 

Edited by Rue

http://www.answering-islam.org/NonMuslims/rights.htm

Sharia law by its very essence is imposed on non Muslims. There is no distinction between the religion and the state organ created to implement the laws of Islam.

Necessarily in an Islamic state rules are imposed on non Muslims.

This is what drives Muslim wars for  thousands of years not only with non Muslims but other Muslim sects. Its a way of life to be imposed on non believers. Its never been a passive religion. If it were practiced as Amadiyyah Muslims do or Ismailis do  it would be remain private and peaceful..

Today it rill  means reasonable Muslims are taught the Canadian society they live in, particularly its moral values, must be changed to conform to Muslim religion.

This is why I argue, we should challenge Islam as its taught mainstream when it comes to NOT separating state from religion just as I do with Christianity and Judaism.

I believe as do many conservatives in the true sense of the word that religion is not a government matter.

16 hours ago, dialamah said:

If Muslims go by the laws of the country......

...............then, Canadian laws pertaining to marriage, divorce, inheritances, etal.,

MUST be followed!

Edited by betsy

20 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

"Xenophobia" as a bad word...like "racism"...is thrown about so much it has lost all meaning. People who use it often never seem to understand where it came from...Ancient Greece.

Any idea why Ancient Greeks might distrust and fear* Ancient Persians...?

Any idea why Alexander vowed to bring the Persians to their knees?

Any at all?

*Distrust and fear...the dictionary definition.

Geez. I thought it had something to do with Xena and how she used to go around beating up straight men except for Hercules in that one cross over episode.

You have to love a Greek Godess with a New Zealand accent. 

Edited by Rue