Women Who Cover Their Faces Shouldn't Be accepted To Enter Canada!

1 hour ago, Omni said:

I'll completely defer to you when it comes to BS.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

As I said, you clearly know nothing about history. Everything I said is easily verifiable.

They used to be Pagan lands long before JC came along. That is to say worshipping all sorts of Gods. Zeus, Jupiter, Ra; Zoroastrianism. Lots more .

1 hour ago, overthere said:

Do you mean like Christians have done on behalf of Jesus for a couple thousand years: kill anybody not of their faith just because.? You know, the Inquisiton, the Spanish in central and South America, the... you get the idea.  I think ISIL may have based their 'kill em all except those like us' campaigns on Christian conduct.  What do you think?

The Inquisition?  You're bringing up the inquisition?  When was that again?  When? 

You think you're an archeologist?  You're digging up bones of the past?  Two thousand years ago?   

Boy........that's pathetic...... the most pathetic response so far...... smiley.gif

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Oh not nearly as much as your little games with colored texts, huge letters.....wild assumptions.

You're the one who's using karate for a rebutt!  animated-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

I forgot about karate!  Sorry Overthere....Omni's response rivals yours.

Omni....Dialamah.....Overthere.....what comes to mind?

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emo

Edited by betsy

59 minutes ago, overthere said:

I'm not proposing anything of the sort.  I'm trying to get Betsy to acknowledge reality in 2017.

Really?  You think Betsy doesn't have a grasp on what's going on in 2017, but you are the one using the 15th century to excuse Muslim extremism in 2017?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Sorry that you don't seem to read well.

I'm not sorry.  You should be.

You brought up Air India!  You inspired Overthere to dig up the Inquisition! :lol:

.....and what's wado ryu?  Isn't that Karate?

Edited by betsy

5 minutes ago, Goddess said:

1985.  You seriously think that equates with and excuses Muslim terrorism that goes on DAILY in all parts of the world?

Air India is certainly not the only, or the last example of Sikh terrorism, however it's not really an interest of mine to keep a score card. I just weigh in when I see people going a little off the rails when they are overtaken by xenophobia.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Air India is certainly not the only, or the last example of Sikh terrorism, however it's not really an interest of mine to keep a score card. I just weigh in when I see people going a little off the rails when they are overtaken by xenophobia.

You realize that if Sihks were running around the world doing what Islam is right now, we would all probably feel the same way about Sihks, right?

Or is it your opinion, like others here, that the whole world is just picking on Islam for no reason at all?

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

You realize that if Sihks were running around the world doing what Islam is right now, we would all probably feel the same way about Sihks, right?

Or is it your opinion, like others here, that the whole world is just picking on Islam for no reason at all?

I'm not defending radicalism from whatever religion. I just don't like the chatter that blames a whole community for the actions of a small part of the community. It tends to lead to burning mosques, painting graffiti on them, and even murdering people in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Didn't you use the actions of a single person in Portland last week to do the same?

You mean after someone claimed moral high ground, as if the violence in our midst is separate from our culture while insisting that violence by Muslims is part of their culture?

Perhaps those claiming such moral high ground should keep in mind that the US has been at war with someone for 93% of its history, with Canada often following along, that in 2016 15,000 people died in the US as a result of gun violence and that 1000s of men from Western Countries travel to other countries for sex with children.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Certainly you missed the venom directed toward East Indians that I grew up with.  The people here are using the same arguments against Muslims that I heard directed against East Indians, including the likelihood of using their knives against whites Canadians.

You people think you are different from racists and xenophobes that came before, but you aren't.

Just now, dialamah said:

Certainly you missed the venom directed toward East Indians that I grew up with.  The people here are using the same arguments against Muslims that I heard directed against East Indians, including the likelihood of using their knives against whites Canadians.

You people think you are different from racists and xenophobes that came before, but you aren't.

So....we're all just picking on Islam for reason at all, then.  Okay. :)

1 hour ago, Peter F said:

They used to be Pagan lands long before JC came along. That is to say worshipping all sorts of Gods. Zeus, Jupiter, Ra; Zoroastrianism. Lots more .

Okay, sure. So did everywhere. But they were Christian for over a thousand years before being conquered by the Muslims.

29 minutes ago, dialamah said:

You mean after someone claimed moral high ground, as if the violence in our midst is separate from our culture while insisting that violence by Muslims is part of their culture?

So... in other words.. yes. You  did.

20 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Do you think those people in London who were attacked by frenzied Muslim fanatics are now xenophobic because they fear Muslims?

Saxons were pagans for a very very long time afore Christians conguered them too. If you wish to point fingers and claim a religion is bad because of conquests then you shouldn't have a list with only one name on it.   You seem to have forgotten all the religious wars that us Judeo-Christian cultural types fought with each other about religion in Judeo-Christian lands, and did so for actual centuries.  The Islamic torches of conguest burn no brighter than others. 

Edit: in answer to Argus' post ID:67 above

Edited by Peter F

Getting back to the OP....

When all this terrorism started, people were concerned that the hijabs and burkas would conceal identities and weapons.  They were told that was an unfounded fear and that they were racists for even thinking such a thing.

This woman was hiding a knife under her mounds of cloth AND brought it into a store with the intent to harm others.

My fear is that we will be forced to ban them in public, as these situations continue.  And I don't really agree with banning them in public. Or we'll all have to be frisked before we enter any mall or store and there is no Muslim woman who would allow that or Muslim man who would allow his burka'ed wife to be frisked for weapons.

I don't know what the solution is.

Edited by Goddess

Just now, Peter F said:

Saxons were pagans for a very very long time afore Christians conguered them too. If you wish to point fingers and claim a religion is bad because of conquests then you shouldn't have a list with only one name on it.   You seem to have forgotten all the religious wars that us Judeo-Christian cultural types fought with each other about religion in Judeo-Christian lands, and did so for actual centuries.  The Islamic torches of conguest burn no brighter than others. 

Saxons were conquered by Christians, eh? Care to detail the campaign?

They may not be terrorists but they are not compatible culturally with the people here and therefore they should not be allowed to come to Canada. This is a symbol of repression they stand for or represent and is alien to Canadian culture and values which is based on equality for women, You wish to be repressed and be second class where you have no rights then STAY where you are.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter F said:

Saxons were pagans for a very very long time afore Christians conguered them too. If you wish to point fingers and claim a religion is bad because of conquests then you shouldn't have a list with only one name on it.

The Saxons weren't conquered by Christians, they were converted by Christian missionaries. The goal of Muslim conquerors in India was to spread Islam and execute pagans who refused to be converted, thus starting the worst genocide in history.

7 minutes ago, Peter F said:

You seem to have forgotten all the religious wars that us Judeo-Christian cultural types fought with each other about religion in Judeo-Christian lands, and did so for actual centuries.  The Islamic torches of conguest burn no brighter than others.

Nobody is suggesting Christian history is free of wars. But those who use the crusades as an indictment of Christianity need to be aware they were actually responses to Muslim invasions of Christian lands.