Arab Nations cuts ties with Qatar

Just now, eyeball said:

Yeah, better we stick to fighting people we might have a chance against. 

By the looks, this is a Topol M with a warhead rated at approximately 800kt to 1mt (mega). It can fire at a moment's notice.

Hiroshima was approx 15kt.

Canada's mantel...

12 hours ago, kactus said:

Well then....where the fuck was the US when Russia was bombing the hell out of Syria? Don't talk to me about saving lives of those children. Your current president is literally in bed with Putin over his hotel business deals and his bankruptcy.... And no source is needed. Go and do your own reading....

Below is what i was responding to.......where he suggested that the problems in Syria started with the invasion of Iraq...no where is Assad mentioned or the countless terrorist groups just a big ass finger pointed at the US,    .i guess he watches a different news media outlet than the rest of us...So i asked him for a source.....then you jumped up like some ferret crawled up your ass.....I did not talk about saving children, nor is mr trump my president.....and yes a source is still needed.....

Well, if we want to keep supporting one side over another in the M.E. this is exactly what you should expect. Since Syria was taken out those refugee numbers has increased in very large numbers. All that started with the invasion of Iraq (possibly before).  Let's help make life completely unbearable in the those nations and then complain that they are coming here to escape the madness we helped to create. 

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Below is what i was responding to.......where he suggested that the problems in Syria started with the invasion of Iraq...no where is Assad mentioned or the countless terrorist groups just a big ass finger pointed at the US,    .i guess he watches a different news media outlet than the rest of us...So i asked him for a source..... ....and yes a source is still needed.....

Here is a source, a great source, a source that describes why there are so many problems in the world today. 

Why Terrorists Hate America

by William Blum

Why do terrorists hate America enough to give up their lives in order to deal the country such mortal blows? Of course it,s not America the terrorists hate; it,s American foreign policy. It,s what the United States has done to the world in the past half century -- all the violence, the bombings, the depleted uranium, the cluster bombs, the assassinations, the promotion of torture, the overthrow of governments, and more. The terrorists -- whatever else they might be -- are also rational human beings; which is to say that in their own minds they have a rational justification for their actions. Most terrorists are people deeply concerned by what they see as social, political or religious injustice and hypocrisy, and the immediate grounds for their terrorism is often retaliation for an action of the United States.

Most Americans find it difficult in the extreme to accept the proposition that terrorist acts against the United States can be viewed as revenge for Washington,s policies abroad. They believe that the US is targeted because of its freedom, its democracy, its modernity, its wealth, or just being part of the West.

But government officials know better. A Department of Defense study in 1997 concluded that: "Historical data show a strong correlation between US involvement in international situations and an increase in terrorist attacks against the United States." Former president Jimmy Carter, some years after he left the White House, was unambiguous in his concordance with such a sentiment: "We sent Marines into Lebanon and you only have to go to Lebanon, to Syria or to Jordan to witness first-hand the intense hatred among many people for the United States because we bombed and shelled and unmercifully killed totally innocent villagers -- women and children and farmers and housewives -- in those villages around Beirut. ... As a result of that ... we became kind of a Satan in the minds of those who are deeply resentful."

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Blum/WhyTerroristsHateAmer.html

Edited by hot enough

9 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

another guy on your ward maybe.....

Another guy who can't face the truth. You asked for a source, AG. You think the US Department of Defense belongs in a psycho ward? Jimmy Carter too. You won't get much argument from me as regards that. 

But why do you deny stark realities?

Do you want some more sources?

7 hours ago, Argus said:

What did you expect the US to do? Shoot down Russian fighters? 

Stop preaching about moral values and poor human rights in those arab countries when US follows such hypocritical foreign policy. People are not stupid and can see what's going on.... The US is in it just to make money. They don't give a fuck about Middle East. Trump is a failed businessman and worse than that a failed president. Putin knows this and is bribing Trump for favours. Rest assured Trump is gonna do fuck all...

36 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Here is a source, a great source, a source that describes why there are so many problems in the world today. 

There's a price to pay for being the world police, which USA has done up till now. They have born the brunt of it, making the world safe for us. Over the years they've paid the price, in both blood and treasure. Just like with the police, you have a group of guys doing a tough job in a hostile environment, surrounded by violent types on all sides. Their job is not easy, and there will always be those who criticize them, call them evil, because they didn't get a big enough slice of the pie for themselves.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

There's a price to pay for being the world police, which USA has done up till now. 

Some see the USA as "the world police". Some see the USA as a war mongering nation whose foreign policy is heavily influenced by special interest groups such as the military industrial complex, fossil fuel industry and foreign nations, such as Israel and Saudi Arabia. These special interest groups rely on these repetitive wars to create friction which keeps the industries replenished. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hudson Jones said:

Some see the USA as "the world police". Some see the USA as a war mongering nation whose foreign policy is heavily influenced by special interest groups such as the military industrial complex, fossil fuel industry and foreign nations, such as Israel and Saudi Arabia. These special interest groups rely on these repetitive wars to create friction which keeps the industries replenished. 

Some need to understand that the world is a terribly violent place, and no one out there is going to give you hugs. Quite the contrary. The barbarians are always at the door, and we need to use force beat them back. Because that is the only message they can understand. They're only crying now because they can't commit their jihad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Well they created Islamic terrorists for us, and are now standing down.

No islam created terrorists......the west just makes the arrangements for them to meet allah.....and collect some virgins which they ran out of back in the 1500's.....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

He overthrew their government in a coup and killed a load of them. Of course, he fears them.

Yeah.  Though I have to say that my bros-in-law equates Sisi and Trudeau.  Which I find odd, but he really hates the Muslim Brotherhood and he hated Morsi, was worried that they'd enforce a very extreme form of Islam in Egypt.   

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Yeah.  Though I have to say that my bros-in-law equates Sisi and Trudeau.  Which I find odd, but he really hates the Muslim Brotherhood and he hated Morsi, was worried that they'd enforce a very extreme form of Islam in Egypt.   

Why would he be worried about that?  I understand that there are very few extremists in the religion, Does that fear make him an Islamophobe?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

It's going, going...gone.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but Dialamah and her family believe there are very few extremists and that they pose no danger, we should have no fear of extremists.  So why would a Muslim worry about that?  If I said I worried about an extremist Islamic government taking over a country, I'd be labelled an Islamophobe. Is it a rational fear or not? Or are only Muslims allowed to worry about it?  If you worry about it and you're not a Muslim, you're an Islamophobe?

Just now, Goddess said:

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but Dialamah and her family believe there are very few extremists and that they pose no danger, we should have no fear of extremists.  So why would a Muslim worry about that?  If I said I worried about an extremist Islamic government taking over a country, I'd be labelled an Islamophobe. Is it a rational fear or not? Or are only Muslims allowed to worry about it?  If you worry about it and you're not a Muslim, you're an Islamophobe?

It's check-mate. 

23 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Some need to understand that the world is a terribly violent place, and no one out there is going to give you hugs. Quite the contrary. The barbarians are always at the door, and we need to use force beat them back. Because that is the only message they can understand. They're only crying now because they can't commit their jihad.

The barbarians at the door? Whose door? Iraq's door? Libya's door? Afghanistan's door? Sudan? Yemen? Syria? Bolivia? Iran? Vietnam? Korea?

Yes. Those barbarians are always at some door.

• Like 1

That argument has not been made.  Nuts can get elected in any country (Trump) influencing policies to the detriment of the populace or neighbours.  Being fearful of this is not Islamophobia......being fearful that anyone elected to office will launch/direct an attack on us as "they all want the same thing" is.  Nuance is lost in this argument I know.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

In a nutshell, likely yes. You don't seem to have the slightest concern about the US/UK, incredible extremists, taking over numerous countries. Do you consider it extremist for a government to overthrow a sovereign government, set up a right wing dictatorship, provide death lists to death squads, who then slaughter half a million innocents? Then do it all over again in another geographically close sovereign nation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

He's probably correct.  The military in Egypt probably thought that too.

4 hours ago, Hudson Jones said:

The barbarians at the door? Whose door? Iraq's door? Libya's door? Afghanistan's door? Sudan? Yemen? Syria? Bolivia? Iran? Vietnam? Korea?

Yes. Those barbarians are always at some door.

Good thing we're fighting them over there, so we don't need to fight them here, hey? Thanks to GWB for taking the initiative.