Arab Nations cuts ties with Qatar

Saudi Arabia was behind this move. Qatar is seen as harbouring pro Iranian terrorists and us a Sunni nation that is supposed to be part of the Saudi Arabian satellite network of nations, i.e., the UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Egypt,  Jordan.

Saidi Arabia sees it self as the no.1 leader or Sunni Muslims v. the Iranian led Shiites. Saudi Arabia fights a war against Iran in Yemen, Iraq, Syria,. It fights a veiled war against Iran indirectly in Lebanon. Iran is fueling terrorist allies in Syria and through its proxy Hezbollah. Iran also supports any Sunni that wants to get rid of the  oil monarchies and Sunni monarchies. Thus it funds terrorists in Morocco, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain.

Qatar has done what Saudi Arabia has done. To shelter its corrupt rulers from being killed off they alow any pro Iranian terrorist or anti Iranian terrorist haven in their country.

Qatar has about 250,000 fat rich men bloated from oil money It has another 300,000 or so guest workers who serve those 250,000. Its got nothing but oil. Its small.

It allows Daesh to come and go and Iran to come and go. Its tried to play both terrorist extremist sides off and now Saudi Arabia is saying, uh no pick a side.

Saudi Arabia for years did the same thing allowing free haven to all Muslim terrorists and funding them all when Israel was seen as the no.1 enemy not Iran. Now its Iran.

Iran has replaced Israel as the no.1 threat/preoccupation of the Sunni world and in particular its corrupt monarchies.

Extremist Sunni terrorists like Daesh fight Iran in Syria, FOR NOW. If that war ends-they turn on Saudi Arabia and Jordan and Egypt.

The now out of power Miuslim Brotherhood  of Sunnis has turned on the Sunni monarchies and passively supports Iran. The Muslim Brotherhood now is concentrate din Turkey and Sudan.

Daesh is a very isolated group that gets all the news. The fact is there are thousands of Sunni extremist cells the press ignores and will take over once Daesh implodes. Some are connected to Al Qaeda or the.Taliban in Afghanistan.

Qatar is like the other oil monarchs without any real army to defend itself against Iran. It either allows the Americans to be its military protectorate or China-Russia.

That's not a great choice for it but its getting into bed with terrorists thinking it could keep them at bay has blown up. Clearly Trump has given Saudi Arabia some message far different than Obama to forge ahead against Iran. Watch for a war to break out in Qatar no different than in Yemen and parts of Bahrain.

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Don't believe anything these states say about "why" they're doing this.  Saudi Arabia is an Islamist regime and yes support terror so I don't believe that analysis.  Sounds they just aren't falling in line.

I am with you there. This does not make much sense at all. Obviously we are missing something and I guess we will find that out in a few months?

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Bully for you. The moral and ethical background you also toss into the salad you make out of all the facts stuffed into your head turns it all into a big pile of crap.

Let's not feed the trolls in this thread. Might be counter productive.

44 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Let's not feed the trolls in this thread. Might be counter productive.

Yeah...let's stick to your version of history where Saudi Arabia is a Shia state.

Much more accurate.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Rue said:

Saudi Arabia was behind this move. Qatar is seen as harbouring pro Iranian terrorists and us a Sunni nation that is supposed to be part of the Saudi Arabian satellite network of nations, i.e., the UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Egypt,  Jordan.

----

That's not a great choice for it but its getting into bed with terrorists thinking it could keep them at bay has blown up. Clearly Trump has given Saudi Arabia some message far different than Obama to forge ahead against Iran. Watch for a war to break out in Qatar no different than in Yemen and parts of Bahrain.

Hard to disagree with most of that. But who are the real terrorists here? The evil tyrannical dictators that we support, or the evil tyrannical dictators we don't support?

I see the idiot Trump is now  trying to take some sort of "credit" for this little split. I guess he forgot that the largest US airbase in the ME is in Qatar. And since he blathered on during the campaign that he was going to "bomb the shyte out of ISIS" he must have also neglected the fact that all of those bombing flights aimed at ISIS take off from that base. One gets dizzy from rolling ones eyes on a daily basis over this guys carrying's on.  

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

I see the idiot Trump is now  trying to take some sort of "credit" for this little split. I guess he forgot that the largest US airbase in the ME is in Qatar. And since he blathered on during the campaign that he was going to "bomb the shyte out of ISIS" he must have also neglected the fact that all of those bombing flights aimed at ISIS take off from that base. One gets dizzy from rolling ones eyes on a daily basis over this guys carrying's on.  

Hate to break it to you, but US bases exist more as a courtesy, these days. A Bone can take-off from the Dakotas and bomb your rear into the stone age....and fly home for dinner.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Hate to break it to you, but US bases exist more as a courtesy, these days. A Bone can take-off from the Dakotas and bomb your rear into the stone age....and fly home for dinner.

Hate to break it to you but it is a crucial air base with around 11,000 troops and well over 100 aircraft. Maybe check out what the Combined Air Operation Command is and get back to us.

Just now, Omni said:

Hate to break it to you but it is a crucial air base with around 11,000 troops and well over 100 aircraft. Maybe check out what the Combined Air Operation Command is and get back to us.

Crucial to whom being the big question....lol.

The US can play both isolationist and world policeman equally well...Qatar...not so much.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:42 AM, GostHacked said:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/saudi-arabia-cut-ties-with-qatar-gulf-nations-diplomatic-rift/

Qatar is Sunni, hence the ties with Iran in a sense. But that even makes less sense with the US's 5th Fleet having their home there. They are really closing Qatar off from all angles.  So something interesting is about to happen with a major power struggle or power shift in the Arabic nations in the M.E.

I can see that Saudi Arabia (Shiite) and Qatar with the Sunnis that this would be an inevitable conflict.  What is going on over there???

You have the Shia/Sunni thing wrong for pretty much all the countries you named.  

57 minutes ago, overthere said:

You have the Shia/Sunni thing wrong for pretty much all the countries you named.  

Right, and I have been corrected on that, but the notion of the post is the same. So even if I accept that, are you going to keep hamming on it or move the damn conversation forward?

Qatar likes to be on good terms with many nations and has an independent foreign policy. It has managed its gas revenues extremely well. This sudden blockade by its supposed brethren is in act of aggression (actually an act of war which was the casus belli in 1967) and treachery, and should be condemned. I'd like to see the Egyptians follow through and take home 300,000 of their citizens who would be delighted to see Cairo again. If KSA is serious about punishing the supporters of terrorism it should start by blockading itself. 

58 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Poor old Qatar didn't have too many options left. It was either the Ottomans or the Persians to the rescue and I suppose the Sultan inflames the neighbours less:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/turkey-to-fast-track-draft-bill-approving-troop-deployment-in-qatar-officials.html

That makes even less sense to me. Now if we go with Turkey and Qatar supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, then why has NATO/EU/US have not isolated Turkey before Qatar? Or at least given them some flack for it?

About 60% of the population Qatar are foreign workers, basically slaves, from countries such as Nepal and Bangladesh for whom a large source of national income is remittances sent home from their citizens working abroad, in Qatar for example.

If that money-flow is frozen those countries can have serious economic setbacks.

On 6/5/2017 at 10:49 PM, bcsapper said:

If there's one thing Muslim fundamentalists hate more than infidels it's each other. 

Yes, this is over Iran, and the fact Qatar retains friendly ties with them. Do some rich Qataris funnel money to terrorist groups? Absolutely. So do some rich Saudis and rich Emerites.

On 6/7/2017 at 4:08 PM, GostHacked said:

That makes even less sense to me. Now if we go with Turkey and Qatar supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, then why has NATO/EU/US have not isolated Turkey before Qatar? Or at least given them some flack for it?

Because Europe is terrified Turkey will suddenly send millions of refugees across the border into their territory, so are bribing the Sultan and biting their tongues. There are only a few European government's with the courage to actually defend their borders. The rest, if literally MILLIONS of Arabs start streaming into the EU will kind of hold their hands up and shrug helplessly "Like, whatever am I to do?!"

Edited by Argus

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Yes, this is over Iran, and the fact Qatar retains friendly ties with them. Do some rich Qataris funnel money to terrorist groups? Absolutely. So do some rich Saudis and rich Emerites.

The thing that we should be concerned about is, who and what nation SHOULD we support in the M.E.?  I don't think backing the Saudis is a good idea, and backing any other nation there seems to be just as problematic.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Because Europe is terrified Turkey will suddenly send millions of refugees across the border into their territory, so are bribing the Sultan and biting their tongues. There are only a few European government's with the courage to actually defend their borders. The rest, if literally MILLIONS of Arabs start streaming into the EU will kind of hold their hands up and shrug helplessly "Like, whatever am I to do?!"

The refugees are already coming across to Europe in large numbers.

On 6/8/2017 at 0:20 AM, -TSS- said:

About 60% of the population Qatar are foreign workers, basically slaves, from countries such as Nepal and Bangladesh for whom a large source of national income is remittances sent home from their citizens working abroad, in Qatar for example.

If that money-flow is frozen those countries can have serious economic setbacks.

It's a good point to consider. Their treatment of foreign workers has been deplorable. I wonder why Western nations don't take that into account? I mean Saudi Arabia is LOVED by the western governments. So this is going to be a non-issue overall.

7 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

It's a good point to consider. Their treatment of foreign workers has been deplorable. I wonder why Western nations don't take that into account? I mean Saudi Arabia is LOVED by the western governments. So this is going to be a non-issue overall.

Slavery is all-too-common in many parts of the "Islamic World". Canadian architects design many of the buildings (modern pyramids) that the slaves then build.

You bet it's money. Filthy lucre...as Johnny Rotten said. 

20 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

The thing that we should be concerned about is, who and what nation SHOULD we support in the M.E.?  I don't think backing the Saudis is a good idea, and backing any other nation there seems to be just as problematic.

We support the Saudis only because the alternatives are all worse. There are no good options in that area.