LYING MEDIA!

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Here's a fascist protestor shooting his gun into the crowd.  It's even on YouTube (ie. the internet) so it must be true right ?

Do you know anything about that man?  He could be a paid s***stirrer for all you know. 

Like the ones who tried to disrupt Trump's campaign rally!  Paid goons are everywhere nowadays.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Do you know anything about that man?   

He was charged apparently.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/26/man-who-shot-at-crowd-in-charlottesville-among-three-more-charged-in-white-supremacist-protest

The charge that the MSM are lying is a guarantee of social disintegration when things get worse.  When you have two distinct cultural spheres with their own information sources, you effectively have two countries.  How would the two spheres ever unify if they don't believe a common source of information?

Edited by Michael Hardner

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

He was charged apparently.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/26/man-who-shot-at-crowd-in-charlottesville-among-three-more-charged-in-white-supremacist-protest

The charge that the MSM are lying is a guarantee of social disintegration when things get worse.  When you have two distinct cultural spheres with their own information sources, you effectively have two countries.  How would the two spheres ever unify if they don't believe a common source of information?

That source only says men were charged.   What else do you know about those men?

Edited by betsy

Here's an excerpt from   CNN!  Even CNN seems to be scratching its head over this.....:lol:

16 minutes ago, betsy said:
Richard Wilson Preston, 52, was arrested following the release of a video, filmed by the ACLU of Virginia, that allegedly shows him in a verbal altercation on August 12 with counterprotestors near the Southwest corner of Emancipation Park. In the video, counterprotesters appear to throw objects at right-wing marchers.
After several seconds, the man in the video, who is wearing a load-bearing vest, with a pistol on one leg and extra magazines on the other, turns away from the argument and walks away. Before reaching the edge of the frame, he turns back, drawing a pistol and shouting "Hey, n****r."

With his pistol out and pointed at the crowd, he walks toward them before pausing, taking a step back, and racking the slide to load a bullet in his weapon's chamber. The man aims again, seemingly lower, and quickly fires a shot, before turning around, holstering his weapon, and rejoining the march.

As the camera pans to follow the man, police officers in high-visibility vests -- including Virginia State Police troopers in their distinctive hats -- can be seen manning barricades some 50 feet away. They appear not to react to the shot.

Aside from identifying the shooter in the video as Preston, Charlottesville police spokesman Lt. Thomas McKean declined to comment.

Attempts by CNN to identify an attorney representing Preston were unsuccessful Sunday. A telephone number connected with Preston in public records had been disconnected.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us/man-arrested-gun-charlottesville-rally/index.html

Providing evidence to the accusation of racism......it's so convenient to say, "hey nigger...." for all to hear, huh?

Aside from giving the identity - why can't they say anything other than his name?  Is that his true name?

Why can't his attorney be identified?  Why was his public records seemingly hidden?

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, it's all fake because it's the other side right?  They lie and use money to suppress the truth.  I think it must be time for war against such unreasonable people.  And they should shut down CNN too right?

CNN has shut themselves down. And you said nothing after I provided you some links, at your request. Prattle on...

12 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

CNN has shut themselves down. And you said nothing after I provided you some links, at your request. Prattle on...

If I say nothing, it's sometimes because I accept the source and other times because I didn't see it.  If I ask for a cite and you provide it, then please accept an implicit thank you.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well, it's all fake because it's the other side right?  They lie and use money to suppress the truth.  I think it must be time for war against such unreasonable people.  And they should shut down CNN too right?

You're missing the point, Michael......or, you're trying hard to deflect.

46 minutes ago, betsy said:

You're missing the point, Michael......or, you're trying hard to deflect.

I'm just following your points to their logical conclusion.  You tell ME what we should do about CNN and the like.  Can you see an issue where there is no intersectional media that tries to be objective ?

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I'm just following your points to their logical conclusion.  You tell ME what we should do about CNN and the like.  Can you see an issue where there is no intersectional media that tries to be objective ?

Then, you're not really following logic.  You just think you are.

I'm telling you that for something like the CNN.....even this, was something they felt they had to point out.  It's not like as if what they reported couldn't be verified.  Even your own source has nothing much to say about the man!

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, betsy said:

Then, you're not really following logic.  You just think you are.

I'm telling you that for something like the CNN.....even this, was something they felt they had to point out.  It's not like as if what they reported couldn't be verified.  Even your own source has nothing much to say about the man!

I quoted Sun News and CNN - what about my question ?  Have you considered it ?

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Can you see an issue where there is no intersectional media that tries to be objective ?

Most left wing media don't try to be objective, from what I've seen.   They edit to suit their narrative.

That interview of Trump about putting women who commit abortion in a hypothetical society where-in abortion is illegal, comes to mind.  ALL left-wing media had edited the part where it says, "hypothetical society where-in abortion is illegal."

Edited by betsy

Just now, betsy said:

Most left wing media don't try to be objective, from what I've seen.  They edit to suit their narrative.  That interview of Trump about putting women who commit abortion in a hypothetical society where-in abortion is illegal, comes to mind.  ALL left-wing media had edited the part where it says, "hypothetical society where-in abortion is illegal."

By not answering the question, you are answering the question.  If we only have left-wing and right-wing media there is no centre.  Your post reflects a reluctance to engage in politics or find a middle ground, but correct me if I"m wrong.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

By not answering the question, you are answering the question.  If we only have left-wing and right-wing media there is no centre.  Your post reflects a reluctance to engage in politics or find a middle ground, but correct me if I"m wrong.

Right wing media proved to be credible.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:46 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Ok.  So, do you expect all of us to just follow right-wing media ?  What's the credible way forward in this environment ?  Will you acknowledge a political reality or not ?

Doesn't matter whether it's right-wing or left-wing media......I do expect you to fact-check, and not to simply accept everything that's being reported to you.  

Look at the leftists here - they're all parroting what media says when it's clear from videos that Trump was simply stating a fact that violence and hate were demonstrated by both sides!

Edited by betsy

1 minute ago, betsy said:

Look at the leftists here - they're all parroting what media says when it's clear from videos that Trump was simply stating a fact that violence and hate were demonstrated by both sides!

Media is just quoting him and flipping out that he doesn't disavow extremists from his side readily enough.

2 minutes ago, betsy said:

Doesn't matter whether it's right-wing or left-wing media

It's confusing.  I have seen people engaging with you on fact-checking for left- and right- media but the left seems to be 100% wrong all the time... Of course people should fact-check media, in fact they should correct people who agree with them politically on incorrect facts.  Often.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Media is just quoting him and flipping out that he doesn't disavow extremists from his side readily enough.

It's confusing.  I have seen people engaging with you on fact-checking for left- and right- media but the left seems to be 100% wrong all the time... Of course people should fact-check media, in fact they should correct people who agree with them politically on incorrect facts.  Often.

Fact-checking involves sources, Michael. CREDIBLE sources.    I can't just accept on the basis of their words alone.  The videos show it all.

Edited by betsy